IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Re: Andrew Luck vs Robert Griffin

Post by Capitolhill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:33 am

Why?

I just read through the thread (interesting arc considering it started before the 2012 draft, btw).

I've been pretty consistent. Luck and RGIII have a shitload of trade value. Are you saying most teams wouldn't dump their current QB for Luck or RGIII?

I said five last year at the peak of their trade value. That may have slipped a bit this year, but still in the same ballpark.
Hi eric!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:07 am

Why?

Because I'm an idiot, dinner was ready, and I didn't check to see if anyone like sodelicious posted ahead of me.

At least the Tea Bags are SOL this time.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:28 pm

2 knee inuries, says 6hat is time for RG IiI change his game a bit. Under the right coaching , he can be terrific. Facing a lsoing season Shanahan will not that coach next year. He's gone next year. it would also not hurt if he had a better targets. I truts Snider not to make the right decsions moving into next season.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 am

2 knee inuries, says 6hat is time for RG IiI change his game a bit.

Yup. I called that back on page 1.

Running quarterbacks never last, witness the dog killer.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Randell Cunningham had his best year as a drop back QB for the Vikings

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:29 am

Well, with but a few weeks left, Nick Foles is still #1, Luck is #23 and RG3 is #26.

Oh, and RG3 was benched in the middle of his last game and probably won't play the rest of the way.

Hmmm...
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Oh, and RG3 was benched in the middle of his last game and probably won't play the rest of the way.

Hmmm...

I blame it on Shanahan. It takes good coaching to properly use the skills of a talented QB. Shanahan wil be gone by the end of the season, costing Snyder millions to buy out his contract

Well, with but a few weeks left, Nick Foles is still #1, Luck is #23 and RG3 is #26.

Foles has been amazing at using the speed of his recievers. And there is nothing lkie having 2 good TE's

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 am

I still can't forgive that fatso who slid into the 10 yard line.

But the cowgirls lost, so it probably won't matter.

Anyhoo, it looks like just me and you the rest of the way, polar.

I have successfully destroyed the will to live of all the Lucktards and RG3ites in the stew.

Next week can't come soon enough!

Foles has been amazing at using the speed of his recievers. And there is nothing lkie having 2 good TE's

In the meantime, here's a panegyric about Foles written in his senior year by the hometown paper, complete with a nice line from the opposing OSU coach:

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/10/07/11/Foles-UA-desperate-to-beat-Oregon-State/landing_azwildcats.html?blockID=576966

TUCSON – It seems so long ago, and yet not so long ago for Nick Foles when it comes to Oregon State.

Back in 2009, then wet-behind-the-ears Foles was given the chance to start against the Beavers at Reser Stadium and, well, he made the most of it.

He led UA to a 37-32 upset win over OSU and, for all intents and purposes, has been Arizona's starting quarterback ever since, save for an injury or two that has prevented him from starting or playing.

"Your first college start, that's something that will always stick with you," Foles said, recalling that mid-September game. "I had a lot of fun."

He was nervous, but that diminished as the game continued. He was good enough and poised enough to go 24-for-34 for 254 yards and three touchdown passes. He also scored on a 1-yard run.

Oh, the memories and the magic. And the all-important victory.

Can it be done again? The magic and the victory -- again.

Arizona has gone 14-14 overall since then and is riding a four-game losing streak.

All the while, Foles rolls. He is 170-for-236 for 1,877 yards, 14 touchdowns and just two interceptions this season. He'd rather have the wins over the numbers any day. Yards aren't scarce – victories are. Arizona hasn't beaten a FBS school since Oct. 30 of last year, losing nine straight.

It's even brought out words like "desperate" for a win by a number of people – coaches and players alike.

"You want to win everything (you are in), so in that sense you are desperate," Foles said. "But at the same time, you can't get too far ahead. You have to keep playing your game. You have to keep preparing. You can't get freaked out. You always have to stick together. That's what I've always said, whether you are 5-0, 0-5 or 1-4. You have to stick together and get better every week. You're not going to see me freak out. You're going to see me keep playing."

And what OSU coach Mike Riley figures he'll see is one of the best quarterbacks in the Pac-12. Riley said Foles is one of the reasons Arizona's receivers are so good and have so many catches. Five UA receivers have more than 20 catches apiece; Dan Buckner leads with 25. Foles makes them better.

"He knows where everybody is," Riley said. "He stays alive, and those guys keep working for him. He just appears to be one of those people that finds the open man."
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 am

Right_Turn wrote:
Nick Foles, the QB for Arizona, may be better than either.

No fucking way.

Not even close.

I like Right Turn.

I really do.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Chip Kelly knows Foles from playing against him as Oregon's coach.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Looks lie RG 3 wil be benched for the rest of the season. That's proably the bets decisino Shanahan ha made all season. RG 3 need a health opff season to come into camp next season with ful strength. He wil most certain be playing under a nw coach. I wonder of Dungy wants the job?

mrpenney
Stew Ingredient

Post by mrpenney » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Dungy? No. When he quit the Colts it was (reading between the lines) because after his son's suicide, his wife made him quit. He won't be coaching again, not while he's still married.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Gruden might be a good fit, seeing he's an offensive minded coach.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I believe Gruden just recently resigned with ESPN. I don't think he'll ever go back (though he might do college one day).
Stay Woke

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Annotated wrote:I believe Gruden just recently resigned with ESPN. I don't think he'll ever go back (though he might do college one day).

How come you have suddenly calmed down this evening?

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 pm

I think what it is pube is that Annotwated doesn't like the "Nifty 50" stuff...maybe he's feeling "I was here first...I am the Alpha male"

That's what it looks like to me.

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Annotated wrote:I believe Gruden just recently resigned with ESPN. I don't think he'll ever go back (though he might do college one day).

Gruden won't do college, maybe the pro's again, but not college.
Everyone is a victim to a social worker.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 am

"A dreadful start, no home wins before November, another winter of discontent looming in Philly......AND THEN NICK FOLES HAPPENED".

Yes, Nick Foles is gracing this week's cover of Sports Illustrated!

I knew everybody here is just dying to read this from the hometown news. Please no jinx jokes, jokers.

http://azstarnet.com/sports/blogs/uafootball/arizona-wildcats-football-foles-graces-cover-of-sports-illustrated/article_8d3ae170-6276-11e3-b7f3-001a4bcf887a.html

Nick Foles has arrived.

The former Arizona Wildcats quarterback, who tied an NFL record with seven touchdown passes in a game earlier this season, will appear on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated.

Foles, drafted in the third round of the 2012 NFL draft by the Philadelphia Eagles, is having a breakout season this year under former Oregon coach Chip Kelly. Foles has thrown for 1,970 yards, 20 touchdowns and just one pick.

The cover, which shows Foles holding the ball in last week's snow game against the Detroit Lions reads: "A dreadful start, no home wins before November, another winter of discontent looming in Philly...AND THEN NICK FOLES HAPPENED."

The former UA quarterback had been interception free on the season before being picked off in last week's SnowBowl against the Lions. Foles and the Eagles have won five straight games. The streak began against the Oakland Raiders when Foles had his record-tying game of seven touchdowns.

Foles is the first former UA football player to appear on the SI cover since Rob Gronkowski served as the cover boy for the magazine's NFL preview edition before the 2012 season.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 am

Here is an abstract of the cover story from Sports illustrated that I know you all will love.

It's a pay site though, so to read the full, glorious article, Foles fans will have to subscribe.

http://insidesportsillustrated.com/2013/12/11/nick-foles-saint-nick-comes-early/
NEW YORK – (December 10, 2013) –There’s a lot of brotherly love going around in Philadelphia for Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, who appears on the regional cover of this week’s SPORTS ILLUSTRATED (12/16/13)—on newsstands NOW— and the feeling is mutual. Foles has been about as close to perfect as one can be since replacing the injured Michael Vick. Not only has he helped spark a 1–3 team to an 8–5 record, but he’s also thrown for 1,970 yards and 20 touchdowns, with just one interception. SI senior writer Michael Bamberger believes Foles has become the new leader in Philly, one that fans have quickly come to believe in. Writes Bamberger, “The 2013 Foles highlight reel includes a handful of successful bombs—nine of them TDs of 25 or more yards—that took away our breath, as well as many, many downs of no-huddle offense that have left opposing defenses sucking for air. It includes the record-tying seven touchdowns he threw against the Raiders in Week 9. It includes the whole of his November, when he had the highest calendar-month passing rating, 152.8, in NFL history. Who knows what other gaudy numbers he’ll put up before December is over, when the Eagles’ regular season concludes in Dallas?” (Page 53)

Philly was supposed to be the place where Michael Vick redeemed himself. Over the past 4-½ years, fans vested deep reservoirs of emotion in Vick, who was trying to rebuild his career and reclaim his standing after serving 19 months in federal prison for running a dog-fighting ring. For a while it looked promising. However, injuries and Father Time have taken their toll on Vick, sidelining him during crucial moments for the franchise and opening the door for Foles. Writes Bamberger, “This whole season could easily have gone another way, and the city’s mood with it. More than the cracked bell, the Phillies, Rocky and all the rest, the football team is the thing that binds Philadelphia. This latest potential franchise quarterback, with his blond hair and XXL hands and earnest manner, is doing more for the city than he could possibly know.” (Page 53)| SI Senior Writer, Michael Bamberger
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 am

around 3 weeks ago former Eagle had sports radio host, Hollis Thomas, said that he still was not sold on Foles. He stated that Foles had yet to make the tough passes. Well tat week, he did juts that and had a career day.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 am

Here's something I didn't know about Saint Nick, from the SI article:
It includes the whole of his November, when he had the highest calendar-month passing rating, 152.8, in NFL history.

Chew on them apples, Lucktards.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 am

Dungy and Gruden aren't coming to DC.

The owner is toxic, and any proven coach with multiple suitors would stay the fuck away from this job. The sad thing about Sunday's Shanahan expose was it proved nothing's changed in 15 years of ownership. Danny's been too involved with star players from Deion Sanders, Clinton Portis, to RGIII. There was a feeling here things had changed the last couple of years. No, they were just swept under the rug. The next coach will probably be a coordinator or college HC, because an NFL coach with chops and self-respect doesn't need this gig.

Regarding RGIII, really happy he's been decommissioned this season. He's not the same guy since the injury, and should never have come back so early. Sit for the 3 pointless games and stop getting crushed by a shitty O-line and a feckless defense. Let's get to 2014 and go from there.
Hi eric!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 am

RG 3 needs a full healthy off season.

Snyder is toxic? Bring in Barry Switzer to be HC. :lol:

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 am

polardude1 wrote:RG 3 needs a full healthy off season.

Totally agree.

He shouldn't have played the first 6 games of the season. Players like Justin Tuck and others have said he's not nearly the same guy as last year. The worst thing that could have happened to RGIII was Adrian Peterson coming back and having a bionic year after his ACL. All of a sudden people seemed to think that was the benchmark.
Hi eric!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:56 am

Interesting. I was thinking of Peterson and his remarkable return and what was different from RG 3. Both are remarkable athletes and and have a great work ethic. But the position of QB involves leading and timing. he never had a pre season to work with the team. Physically, though, he just did not look right. he as not getting away from tackles as the season wore on. He was getting killed in Giants game.

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 am

He's just not right.

That 6th gear he had when he could outrun DBs kept defenses honest isn't there. The big question is if he can ever get back to that level. Sadly, I'm guessing he can't.

Aside from Alfred Morris and a decent receiver in Garcon, a real O-line and some weapons might help as well.

Again, really glad he's being shut-down. There was nothing to gain from playing three meaningless games and getting the stuffing knocked out of him.
Last edited by Capitolhill on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi eric!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:07 am

A good receiving corp and O line make a good QB. Morris then can open up a game. He's a big guy.

mrpenney
Stew Ingredient

Post by mrpenney » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

polardude1 wrote:A good receiving corp and O line make a good QB.

Yup. As Andrew Luck is (negatively) proving this year, throwing behind a practice-squad caliber O-line, and with two of his three best receivers on the shelf.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 am

OK, the results are in on year two of this glorious Luck/RG3 comparison.

RG3 came in at #22 with a rating of 82.2 on the season.

Luck ended at #18 with a rating of 87.0.

And Foles was (cough) #1, with a rating of 119.2. This put him ahead of Mr. Universe, Peyton Manning, who was the #2 rated quarterback this year.

This thread gladdens the heart and warms the cockles, don't you think?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 am

Lost Soul wrote:
joeyramone wrote:the golden boy vs the heisman god - who do you choose?

Neither.

Nick Foles, the QB for Arizona, may be better than either. He's a peach hiding in plain sight thanks to his awful coach and team, but the dude can play. He's 6'5" too. He's a definite first rounder. We'll see if he's better than either in five years, a la Tom Brady, who came from some 6th round crack in the spacetime continuum.

He shoots, he scores!

Wankers.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:54 am

Both Foles and Griffin are good quarterbacks, but they'd be riding the bench if they played for San Francisco.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Both Kapernick and Wilson out rated the dynamic duo.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Both Foles and Griffin are good quarterbacks, but they'd be riding the bench if they played for San Francisco

Foles found his way into a starting job the same way Kapernack did. Both starters went down with injuries

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:50 pm

The order for the best QB's to get drafted in 2012 are as follows:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Russell Wilson
3. Nick Foles
4. Robert Griffin III
5. Ryan Tannehill
5. Kirk Cousins
6. Brock Osweiler
7. Brandon Weeden
8. Ryan Lindlay
9. BJ Coleman
10. Chandler Hamish

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Excellent prediktion there LS!

Griffin will be on a bench somewhere in a few years, (oh wait, he finished the last season on the bench!)......
The trade for him will go down as the second coming of the hershall walker deal.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Anyone called Robert Griffin III needs to be fed to the Pigs or shot...

Carry on...

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:39 am

Agent009 wrote:Excellent prediktion there LS!

Griffin will be on a bench somewhere in a few years, (oh wait, he finished the last season on the bench!)......
The trade for him will go down as the second coming of the hershall walker deal.

Thank you sir.

And look out for St. Louis in the future. They skinned the Redskins on that trade.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Fursure LS, the rams are going to enjoy that number 2 pick RGIII got em this season.....
And by got em, i mean by playing like shit this year.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Plus the Rams get three other draft picks. It was a worthy trade.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Talk around STL is the rams might try to do the same thing and trade away the pick again this year.......

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:03 pm

It's a worthy strategy.

Let some other bozo draft primadonnas like Johnny Manzier.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

mrpenney
Stew Ingredient

Post by mrpenney » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 am

sodelicious wrote:The order for the best QB's to get drafted in 2012 are as follows:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Russell Wilson
3. Nick Foles
4. Robert Griffin III
5. Ryan Tannehill
5. Kirk Cousins
6. Brock Osweiler
7. Brandon Weeden
8. Ryan Lindlay
9. BJ Coleman
10. Chandler Hamish

Give it another three years or so. RG3 is injured right now--again--but there's no guarantee that that's permanent. And it's not obvious that Luck is better than either Foles or Wilson. 5 and below are clearly inferior, though.

Long-term, though, you're probably about right. Luck is the best player on an otherwise not-so-talented team, which probably depresses his raw numbers right now. Foles, meanwhile, is in a System (with a capital S) that probably would make Kirk Cousins look good.

It's Wilson, not Foles, that's been the big surprise from that draft, I think.

--M.

golgo13
Stew Ingredient

Post by golgo13 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 am

yeah, just some guy benefitting from a great system.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:43 pm

golgo13 wrote:yeah, just some guy benefitting from a great system.

Being an ambidexterous QB is pretty special.

I can't think of anybody else that can do it.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Showing a college clip of a QB to prove how successful he will be in the NFL is pretty weak. How many people looked at clips of Vince Young during his Rose Bowl performance to prove how successful he would be in the NFL?

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:55 pm

GO Eagles!

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Hang On!..

It's snowing in Buffalo!

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:56 pm

It's a Hail Mary and the balls in the air!

grecian
Stew Ingredient

Post by grecian » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:57 pm

TOUCHDOWN!

28 Players went up to catch the Pigskin and The Geekster came up with the Ball!

Notch that fecker up!

Rubs Box; scratches nuts and goes back to the Gatorade...