Accusations of child abuse

Provide your questions, comments, ideas and suggested improvements to Political Stew here.

Moderator: Moderator

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Re: Accusations of child abuse

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Shamoo is about to get all ragey on you.
Korgy on Oprah wrote:she has done some amazing things that no one else has been able to do, like get mainstream American women to actually read real books -- and not trash. and to actually talk about issues of substance.

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 am

DCComic wrote:Are the moderators happy to let them stand?

The hyperspastic Gasser and Outer suddenly wants Decency and Rule Enforcement. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:34 am

Another bad day?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

cuchulainn
Instigator

Post by cuchulainn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 am

Who's winning?

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:34 am

"Rapist Urges Death Penalty for Arsonist"

Far out.

cuchulainn wrote:Who's winning?

Who's the obvious hyperspastic depressive? That's not the one Winning.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 am

Poor little fella's unwell.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient

Post by The Mallard Missie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 am

DCComic wrote:Poor little fella's unwell.

The hairy Erica? She has been for years, alas.
The Duck Delusion

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

muthafunky wrote:
SeamusMcCool wrote:
VinnyD wrote:Did you click on the flag on the post in question?

The moderators don't see every post, but they do see the ones that somebody flags.

There's no point to that flag. They don't respond to that either. They are definitely ok with these kinds of accusations and other shit like it.

Speaking of shit, you're full of it.

Well, either you're lying or somebody is lying to you but I know I'm not full of shit - and fuck you for saying that btw as I don't have any reason to come here and lie about such a thing. Nor do I have a reputation of making shit up about the mods. I just reported off topic racist spam a few days ago and I'm still waiting for a response. I would say it's highly likely Pez saw it as she posted in same thread not too long after I made the report. So, no, the mods don't always respond to the flags.

Hate to put a pin in your balloon buddy, but you're dead wrong on this one. Better go talk to your mods. They are making you look foolish.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Just because mods didn't respond to a flagged post with the action one might have hoped for doesn't mean they didn't respond. Maybe the took a look and didn't agree with you, Seamus.

REgarding child abuse, Jelly Belly wrote a big pile of crap about me being a neglectful or abusive parent, and the mods were right on it, and I think that was a big part of what got him banned awhile back. And I've flagged a few posts here and there over the years, and the mods always seemed to respond. Most of what I flagged was my crap though--stuff I posted and later thought the better of.

Right_Turn
Evil Overlord

Post by Right_Turn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Just because mods didn't respond to a flagged post with the action one might have hoped for doesn't mean they didn't respond. Maybe the took a look and didn't agree with you, Seamus.

We have a winner. Every flagged post eventually gets looked at. It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

Also, we have plenty of people that flag posts with comments about some poster breaking an alleged rule that the flagger has decided in their own mind is actually a rule or should be a rule when it is not.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm

You could confirm with the flaggee why action wasn't taken so at least they know it was looked at.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 pm

eric84 wrote:You could confirm with the flaggee why action wasn't taken so at least they know it was looked at

You statement implies that mods are accountable to posters, and they're not. And they shouldn't be.

Eric, how do you think Seamus would respond if he got a PM back from a mod saying "We saw the post you flagged, and we decided that it doesn't violate our posting guidelines to the extent that warrant any action on our part"? Do you think Seamus would respond..."OK guys, well I certainly appreciate you looking at it anyway"? Or do you think he's going to respond to the mods with "I'm not full of shit....and fuck you...and you are dead wrong"? You flag it and if the mods want to take action they will. If they don't want to take action, that's just tough shit. It's their decision to make, and they don't have to explain their actions on a case by case basis. Look at the ration of shit Pez got from Disco when Pez bent over backwards to try to give an honest and thoughtful explanation of why Disco got banned. There's no way in hell the mods should feel obligated to explain all their actions or lack of action--that's just asking for trouble. And you and I and Seamus are not in a position to demand accountability.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
eric84 wrote:You could confirm with the flaggee why action wasn't taken so at least they know it was looked at

You statement implies that mods are accountable to posters, and they're not. And they shouldn't be.

I don't think so. I don't see it as accountability per say but if somebody contacts you and you don't respond then it's fair to assume you're not doing the job you say you're doing. Don't say posters are full of shit if they are actually being ignored. What else are the posters supposed to go on? Mind reading?

BTW, I just double checked, you have an option to ask for a response. If the mods don't want posters to expect a response then take off the option to request one. The mods can do whatever they like but if they offer an option to request a response and then don't give one, they can't be surprised when posters take it they are ok with accusations of child abuse, racist spam etc. Also, if you're going to encourage posters to use the flag then respond to them so it seems worth their time. Plus, the mods come off as arrogant and rude. As for your example it certainly doesn't apply to me and you're talking about two different situations. A poster using the flag to report a post isn't the same as pointlessly trying to get a poster like Disco to understand why he was given a time out.

There was a time when the mods did respond, incidentally, when Eric was still a mod. I remember reporting one or two things and I didn't act as you suggested why would I? I discreetly flagged a post and a mod took the time to explain their decision to not take action.

If you can't handle somebody potentially disagreeing with you do something else. Being a mod obviously isn't for you.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:

Eric, how do you think Seamus would respond if he got a PM back from a mod saying "We saw the post you flagged, and we decided that it doesn't violate our posting guidelines to the extent that warrant any action on our part"? Do you think Seamus would respond..."OK guys, well I certainly appreciate you looking at it anyway"? Or do you think he's going to respond to the mods with "I'm not full of shit....and fuck you...and you are dead wrong"? You flag it and if the mods want to take action they will. If they don't want to take action, that's just tough shit. It's their decision to make, and they don't have to explain their actions on a case by case basis. Look at the ration of shit Pez got from Disco when Pez bent over backwards to try to give an honest and thoughtful explanation of why Disco got banned. There's no way in hell the mods should feel obligated to explain all their actions or lack of action--that's just asking for trouble. And you and I and Seamus are not in a position to demand accountability.

It's not about accountability for me, just a simple act of courtesy. If you respond negatively, for a mod getting back to you then yeah, that's Cuntish.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:29 am

eric84 wrote:
You could confirm with the flaggee why action wasn't taken so at least they know it was looked at

Says the arm chair mod
Ereich
DCComic was, of course, the one doing the chasing. He appears to have misquoted Polar in his autosignature, something he has trouble with.

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 am

eric84 wrote:It's not about accountability for me, just a simple act of courtesy. If you respond negatively, for a mod getting back to you then yeah, that's Cuntish.

Exactly

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Right_Turn wrote:
Steve_in_Exile wrote:Just because mods didn't respond to a flagged post with the action one might have hoped for doesn't mean they didn't respond. Maybe the took a look and didn't agree with you, Seamus.

We have a winner. Every flagged post eventually gets looked at. It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

Also, we have plenty of people that flag posts with comments about some poster breaking an alleged rule that the flagger has decided in their own mind is actually a rule or should be a rule when it is not.

I almost missed this nice hostile response with unwarranted negative assumptions about posters using the flag button.

Since when have I or anybody here said that we assume we are absolutely right when flagging a post? What a fantastically arrogant thing to assume. It's a board where mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry and other forms of abuse despite minorities and gay posters composing some of our finest and most positive contributors.

So, yeah, you can knock off the fucking attitude and be certain that if I - and this would likely include the rest of the non crazy posters - flag a post trolling gays that states dearly departed members killed themselves because they were gay or they are likely sexual deviants and a danger to children I've already already assumed it's highly likely the mods are going to rule the post/thread is going to stay. It's a move that is already considered a shot in the dark. Understand? So take your condescension shove it up your ass and have the intenstinal fortitude to stand by your decision and give a courtesy response.

I'm guessing you and a few other mods would be shocked to find out that you'd get less abuse if you don't treat the other posters with disrespect like you just did.

Just a friendly tip. Next time write, even if it isn't true, "we'd like to respond to every flagged post but there's a lot of them and not many of us. We'd like to respond to them all but we don't have time."

Then watch how you dont get told off because you haven't insulted anybody

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 pm

eric84 wrote:If you respond negatively, for a mod getting back to you then yeah, that's Cuntish

You mean like Seamus just did to Right_Turn?

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:19 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:It's a board where mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry and other forms of abuse despite minorities and gay posters composing some of our finest and most positive contributors.

I stopped reading right here.

Why would you care about our answers if this is what you believe? Why are you even posting here?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

As for maniacs like Disco who can't handle a time out or a reasonable explanation from a mod that is a monster created by the mods. It is the mods who set the tone for this place with their decisions so they are also responsible for entitled monsters like Disco when he pitches a tantrum and hurls uncalled for vicious abuse at mods. Most other boards would have told him to fuck off and perma banned his ass a long time ago. Instead you axed one of your fellow mods for standing up to him. Nice.

I hope it isn't true that Pez indulged Disco the last time he was timed out. Meanwhile she ignores a flagged post for off topic racist spamming...sorry, couldn't be bothered to write a couple of sentences stating she's going to leave the posts in place.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
eric84 wrote:If you respond negatively, for a mod getting back to you then yeah, that's Cuntish

Wrong, read what I wrote again.

If you can't give a respectful response don't be surprised if you get told off. It's not fucking rocket science here just basic people skills.
Last edited by SeamusMcCool on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm

pezworld wrote:
SeamusMcCool wrote:It's a board where mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry and other forms of abuse despite minorities and gay posters composing some of our finest and most positive contributors.

I stopped reading right here.

Why would you care about our answers if this is what you believe? Why are you even posting here?

That's an easy answer, again with the negative assumptions about posters. Here's a question, if yiu think so little of us why do you moderate the board?

Here's my answer though...because there's also a lot of good, actually great here. While I've mostly given up the on the moderation here and consider the lax rules and indulging people like AmericanJoe and Disco to be part of the package every once and a while I try to show some faith and report a post or make my feelings known openly in a thread. Most of the time I just move on but every once and a while I'm going to say something because I care.

I also continue to post here because most of the posters are quality contributors. We've also lost a lot of posters because they were tired of people like Annotated being indulged. If I was gay or a visible minority I would have left this place never to return a long time ago.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Hey Right_Turn, stop being so hostile man. :lol:

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:That's an easy answer, again with the negative assumptions about posters. Here's a question, if yiu think so little of us why do you moderate the board?

Most of you are cool. Most of you don't accuse us of being racist and homophobic just because we don't moderate to your liking. Most of you don't hurl abuse at mods for not moderating to your liking.

But we're mods so we're supposed to reply "oh, sorry you think I'm a racist homophobe"?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Hey Right_Turn, stop being so hostile man. :lol:

Says the coward who belittles others for having an opinion and not being afraid to give it. Maybe one day you'll have intestinal fortitude as well.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Eric, how do you think Seamus would respond if he got a PM back from a mod saying "We saw the post you flagged, and we decided that it doesn't violate our posting guidelines to the extent that warrant any action on our part"? Do you think Seamus would respond..."OK guys, well I certainly appreciate you looking at it anyway"? Or do you think he's going to respond to the mods with "I'm not full of shit....and fuck you...and you are dead wrong"?

Right_Turn wrote:Every flagged post eventually gets looked at. It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

SeamusMcCool wrote:I almost missed this nice hostile response..... you can knock off the fucking attitude.... So take your condescension shove it up your ass

I called it! Thanks Seamus for making my point.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:09 pm

If your reading comprehension is that poor I can't help you. I'm not going down a rabbit hole with you if you can't understand the difference between treating people with respect and disrespect and the kind of response you can expect. It's actually in your quote unless you dig people being hostile towards you and being condescending assholes. If so, good for you whatever floats your boat.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:28 pm

pezworld wrote:
SeamusMcCool wrote:That's an easy answer, again with the negative assumptions about posters. Here's a question, if yiu think so little of us why do you moderate the board?

Most of you are cool. Most of you don't accuse us of being racist and homophobic just because we don't moderate to your liking. Most of you don't hurl abuse at mods for not moderating to your liking.

But we're mods so we're supposed to reply "oh, sorry you think I'm a racist homophobe"?

Maybe if you read what I wrote rather than cherry picking what you don't like you'd give a better answer.

Is that what I've really written here? It doesn't matter to me whether you do or don't moderate to my liking. It just is what it is. If you let racist and homophobic posts stand and then acting like condescending assholes when posters like myself use the very tools YOU GUYS encourage us to use don't be butt hurt and say, "wah, I'm not going to read beyond this." when they express the perception you are giving them.

Pez, you participated in a thread that had racist posts (Tom Petty). To test Mutha's comments I flagged one of those posts. If you or some other mod or you convened in some online council and said using racist language repeatedly in a thread about the passing of a public persona is fine, then cool. Just don't turn the tables on me with the nonsense you posted above. You're ok with it. fine. Own it. Don't cry about it when people comment on it. And if you guys don't want abuse show some courtesy and respect and give a reply. You'd be surprised by how most posters like myself will happily give you respect in return even if we don't agree.

Funny you should be so easily offended by me when I've been actually making a valid argument here when you folks can so easily tolerate Disco's vicious attacks and the racist trolls. Unlike those assholes I actually care about this place doing better rather than worse. Pez, if I was as bad as you probably think I am I wouldn't say a word here.
Last edited by SeamusMcCool on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:you can't understand the difference between treating people with respect and disrespect

OK, let me try...

This is "disrespect", right?
Every flagged post eventually gets looked at. It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

Also, we have plenty of people that flag posts with comments about some poster breaking an alleged rule that the flagger has decided in their own mind is actually a rule or should be a rule when it is not

And this is "respect", right?
you can knock off the fucking attitude.... So take your condescension shove it up your ass...condescending assholes

Do I have that right, Seamus?

Right_Turn
Evil Overlord

Post by Right_Turn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:
Right_Turn wrote:

I almost missed this nice hostile response with unwarranted negative assumptions about posters using the flag button.

Since when have I or anybody here said that we assume we are absolutely right when flagging a post? What a fantastically arrogant thing to assume. It's a board where mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry and other forms of abuse despite minorities and gay posters composing some of our finest and most positive contributors.

So, yeah, you can knock off the fucking attitude and be certain that if I - and this would likely include the rest of the non crazy posters - flag a post trolling gays that states dearly departed members killed themselves because they were gay or they are likely sexual deviants and a danger to children I've already already assumed it's highly likely the mods are going to rule the post/thread is going to stay. It's a move that is already considered a shot in the dark. Understand? So take your condescension shove it up your ass and have the intenstinal fortitude to stand by your decision and give a courtesy response.

I'm guessing you and a few other mods would be shocked to find out that you'd get less abuse if you don't treat the other posters with disrespect like you just did.

Just a friendly tip. Next time write, even if it isn't true, "we'd like to respond to every flagged post but there's a lot of them and not many of us. We'd like to respond to them all but we don't have time."

Thank you for perfectly illustrating why mods are so reluctant to engage with posters over certain topics. You saved me a lot of typing.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Christ, last time. This is the very definition of a hostile condescending attitude full of negative assumptions about posters using the flag function. Every consider that maybe they just want a ruling on a post??? Or, they don't automatically assume they are right and want clarification? Is that so complicated to consider rather than assuming the worse, which is what RT has done. Like, who said I or anybody else assumed the mod automatically agrees with the flagger? Horseshit.

It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

Also, we have plenty of people that flag posts with comments about some poster breaking an alleged rule that the flagger has decided in their own mind is actually a rule or should be a rule when it is not

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Hilarious. Now that Shamoo has told every mod AND the admin to fuck off for not responding to his liking while he's playing Stew hall monitor I'm sure he'll get the respectful responses he deserves moving forward. You're so full of shit that you mess yourself whenever you sneeze. Well done, Ragey McFists.

polardude1 wrote:
eric84 wrote:
You could confirm with the flaggee why action wasn't taken so at least they know it was looked at

Says the arm chair mod

Outstanding! Now that he's been fired, the worst mod ever is all about Modsplanations for every mod action (or lack thereof). You couldn't make this shit up.

Quality thread.
Korgy on Oprah wrote:she has done some amazing things that no one else has been able to do, like get mainstream American women to actually read real books -- and not trash. and to actually talk about issues of substance.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:I almost missed this nice hostile response with unwarranted negative assumptions about posters using the flag button.

Thank you for perfectly illustrating why mods are so reluctant to engage with posters over certain topics. You saved me a lot of typing.[/quote]

Thank you for proving everything I wrote is true about you and your asshole response to me. I have even given you constructive criticism in there with a suggestion on how to better handle a response. But still, waaaaaah as well. It also perfectly illustrates why I rarely bother to "help" you guys by using the flag function as you have requested or come here to make a report. I feel no obligation to be nice to you when you give responses like the one you gave. Here's a hot tip, try addressing a poster's concerns with respect next time and see what kind of response you'll get then. How about that? Because despite your bullshit assumptions, I know Incognita for one and I believe Eric was another who actually responded to posts I flagged a long time ago and guess what they got? I respectful response from me. Guess what they did? Told me the posts weren't against the rules in their opinion. Imagine that?
Last edited by SeamusMcCool on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Hilarious. Now that Shamoo has told every mod AND the admin to fuck off for not responding to his liking while he's playing Stew hall monitor I'm sure he'll get the respectful responses he deserves moving forward. You're so full of shit that you mess yourself whenever you sneeze. Well done, Ragey McFists.

polardude1 wrote:
eric84 wrote:

Says the arm chair mod

Outstanding! Now that he's been fired, the worst mod ever is all about Modsplanations for every mod action (or lack thereof). You couldn't make this shit up.

Quality thread.

Says the guy who attacked a poster who got upset at Disco for dragging his daughter into a holocaust rant. Classy guy. Imagine how awful I feel at your disapproval.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Good lord. Give this gibbering moron a time out for stupid.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Bottom line, racist, homophobic, misogynistic and even accusations of sexual deviancy towards children posts and threads are allowed to be posted here without consequence. Don't fucking cry when posters get the perception the mods are ok with those topics on this board. You can attack the messenger and sulk in your corner if you want I don't know what you guys think that'll accomplish/

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Good lord. Give this gibbering moron a time out for stupid.

Fascist

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Quality thread

Yeah, we finally got a decent meltdown on the Sound Off branch. It's been a long time.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm

eric84 wrote:
It's not about accountability for me, just a simple act of courtesy. If you respond negatively, for a mod getting back to you then yeah, that's Cuntish.

Seamus
Exactly

Just a disclaimer for Seamus. he has always promoted the return of EReich as a mod

Moe
Hilarious. Now that Shamoo has told every mod AND the admin to fuck off for not responding to his liking while he's playing Stew hall monitor I'm sure he'll get the respectful responses he deserves moving forward.

he already did:
muthafunky wrote:

SeamusMcCool wrote:

There's no point to that flag. They don't respond to that either. They are definitely ok with these kinds of accusations and other shit like it.

Mutha:
Speaking of shit, you're full of it.[/
Ereich
DCComic was, of course, the one doing the chasing. He appears to have misquoted Polar in his autosignature, something he has trouble with.

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:

No, because they didn't get back to him on why they didn't take action.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

pezworld wrote:

You're not being accused of being racist and homophobic, just that you allow it to happen with no consequence. If you're fine with that, then there's no need to be so defensive about it. Cav gave me shit about the homophobia and I said sorry we've never deleted every homophobic comment. He wasn't satisfied so he left the board.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Eric, Right_Turn provided a perfectly polite and rational response to Seamus right here on this thread, and then caught a ration of shit for doing so....

Right_Turn wrote:Every flagged post eventually gets looked at. It doesn't mean the mod automatically agrees with the flagger or decides to take the same action the flagger thinks should be taken.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:26 pm

It wasn't a response to his flagged post. It was to say, basically, why I couldn't be bothered to get back to you on why we didn't take action.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Ereich

You're not being accused of being racist and homophobic, just that you allow it to happen with no consequence. If you're fine with that, then there's no need to be so defensive about it. Cav gave me shit about the homophobia and I said sorry we've never deleted every homophobic comment. He wasn't satisfied so he left the board.

More arm chair moderating. Seamus can't get you back on board soon enough
Ereich

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Are you not getting enough attention, polar?

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Eric, here was his quote. If that isn’t accusing us of being racists and homophobes, I don’t know what is. “Mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry” is what he said, in contrast to “our finest and most positive contributors.” Which is a little patronizing, don’t you think?

As for Cavaradossi, yes, he left, and I miss him. He pretty much said the same thing, and I wasn’t happy with that either. Seamus and Cav both put it out there that we must be racist and homophobe if we don’t censor the likes of American Joe. If this were a polite society of friendly folk, I’d understand that a lot better, but that’s not what the Stew is. And if the New York Times and Washington Post don’t report the bullshit that comes out of Trump’s mouth, the rest of us wouldn’t know what a vile piece of shit he is.

Should we all censor American Joe and make everyone think he’s a great guy to have beer with?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:09 pm

pezworld wrote:

Eric, here was his quote. If that isn’t accusing us of being racists and homophobes, I don’t know what is. “Mods are obviously ok with racism and bigotry” is what he said, in contrast to “our finest and most positive contributors.” Which is a little patronizing, don’t you think?

As for Cavaradossi, yes, he left, and I miss him. He pretty much said the same thing, and I wasn’t happy with that either. Seamus and Cav both put it out there that we must be racist and homophobe if we don’t censor the likes of American Joe. If this were a polite society of friendly folk, I’d understand that a lot better, but that’s not what the Stew is. And if the New York Times and Washington Post don’t report the bullshit that comes out of Trump’s mouth, the rest of us wouldn’t know what a vile piece of shit he is.

Should we all censor American Joe and make everyone think he’s a great guy to have beer with?

Enabling racism and homophobia is not the same thing as being personally racist and homophobic. I don't know why you can't see the difference.

I'm pretty confident I would be able to judge Joe to be a jackass even if you censored him so that seems a weak excuse. Annotated is likely the most censored here and nobody doubts that he's an asshole.

Bill Barilko
Stew Ingredient

Post by Bill Barilko » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Good lord. Give this gibbering moron a time out for stupid.

Not quite yet I had a helluva morning and still need a few more laughs from old Shamoomoo.
Nexus the criminally insane whore/backstabber wrote:You missed the porn site I set up in your name....Shall I send the link to everyone?

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Great thread.
"Don't be attracted to easy paths because the paths that make your feet bleed are the only way to get ahead in life" Saddam Hussein

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Funny who Ereich thinks that mods should be lie paid employees with a 1000 page list of polices and procedures to follow to the letter
Ereich

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used