Hi

Provide your questions, comments, ideas and suggested improvements to Political Stew here.

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:28 am

Excuse my ignorance, but is it ridiculous for me to expect mods/admins to let me know they are deleting my post and a one liner about why? Maybe even hear my side?
I know you guys have complicated job and do it for free, so i'm just curious what the procedure is.

It's the first time i've gotten a post edited/deleted and i'm not sure what the protocol is.
Thanks in advance.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Hi

Post by polardude1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:58 am

oh my. Are you upset? Poor thing
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Hi

Post by pezworld » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:21 am

I deleted the Sound Off post because it was just continuing the feud from the other feud thread I deleted.

So, that means cut it out.

Protocol: if a thread disappears and you revive it elsewhere, it will disappear too.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Do you have an issue with being asked a genuine question?
You replied to all the questions i didn't ask but didn't reply to the two i did.

After seeing how you edited my posts and did not edit his on the politics thread i have to ask: why is it ok for him to call me a terrorist supporter without a shred of evidence, but when the accusations are against him you delete the posts?

I'd appreciate an answer. Thank in advance.

User avatar
Agent009
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9106
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Hi

Post by Agent009 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Give it up luz, Pez protects polardude for some reason....
She has for years.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:03 pm

So we have an imbecile who can call people terrorist and gets away with it because he has Admin sponsorship?
Maybe i am being naive, but I refuse to believe that.

I have a genuine question and i'd like an answer.
Why was my post deleted but he can call me a terrorist supporter and his post stands?
I would have preferred to keep it quiet, but Polar brought it to the mods and posted it on Sound off. I'd like an answer.

All i am asking for is crystal clear rules and consistency.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:47 pm

LuZbelito wrote:All i am asking for is crystal clear rules and consistency


You're never going to get that on this forum, maybe consider moving back to Lonely Planet if you're such a stickler for rules. Rules here are a lax, a little nebulous, and loosely applied by volunteer moderators who have lots of other stuff to do. Sometimes shit gets by them, sometimes it doesn't.

By the way, Polardude does't get a free ride here, he's had posts deleted and he's been temporarily banned from the forum at least once, and I think maybe more than once.

There's no way the mods have any obligation to publicly defend every action they take, and usually these types of posts asking for "clarification of protocol" and "thanks in advance" are really a hidden attack on the mods by a poster who feels slighted, and the mods know this. After what Disco did to the mods following lengthy and reasonable attempts by at least 2 of them to give him a detailed explanation for why he was banned, I doubt the mods will be in a mood to offer you any detailed justification for having cut one of your posts.

Get over it, wasn't a big deal.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I am curious what you posted that caused it to be deleted.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:02 pm

What a miopic, uninformed and obtuse response. I'm not a stickler for rules, quite the contrary. That is precisely why i like this place. You "deal with it". I've never posted on this branch before other than to laugh.
It was not me the one who brough the rules/reporting/etc. I was dealing with it until he brought the mods/admins into the equation.
And i am talking about a very specific instance and given that we have a specific forum for these sort of questions, i'd like to use it. They clearly listened to what he had to say and deleted my post. The did not listen to what i had to say and did not delete his post in question.

By the way, Polardude does't get a free ride here, he's had posts deleted and he's been temporarily banned from the forum at least once, and I think maybe more than once.

Irrelevant, as usual. I couldn't give a flying turd what happened in other cases. I am talking about a very specific incident.
Why don't you open your own thread to discuss the others?

There's no way the mods have any obligation to publicly defend every action they take

Never said they have to. I said i'd like an answer. Not quite the same.

and usually these types of posts asking for "clarification of protocol" and "thanks in advance" are really a hidden attack on the mods by a poster who feels slighted, and the mods know this.

Well then they would be wrong. I had/have no intention of that. I just wanted an answer to a very specific question. This is the forum for that.

Get over it, wasn't a big deal.

Is it too much to ask if i get to decide what is a big deal for me?
Last edited by LuZbelito on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:04 pm

eric84 wrote:I am curious what you posted that caused it to be deleted.

He claimed i was a terrorist supporter. I claimed he was a child molester supporter.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:11 pm

LuZbelito wrote:I claimed he was a child molester supporter


So there's your answer right there.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61513
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Hi

Post by VinnyD » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:11 pm

See the rule I just offered to whosie in his Sound Off thread.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
LuZbelito wrote:I claimed he was a child molester supporter


So there's your answer right there.

Then the question becomes why didn't they delete his.
Not the smartest kid in the block, are you?

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:21 pm

LuZbelito wrote:Then the question becomes why didn't they delete his


Possibly because he didn't accuse you of being a supporter of molesting children?

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:27 pm

So, not only do you not know, but you also didn't explain why is it ok to call someone a terrorist supporter, but not ok to call him a child molester supporter.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:32 pm

There is no equivalency between calling someone a supporter of terrorism and calling someone a child molester, therefore it's not inconsistent for the mods to delete one post while leaving another up.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Course they are not equivalent. His is worse.
I just want to understand why it is ok for him to falsely accuse me of something but it is not ok when i do it to him.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Pez should have deleted the whole thread to avoid this kind of complaint.

The stew has become kind of odd in that pedophile accusations are are no-no but they keep up virtually any other accusation, many of which are just as vile.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:21 pm

accusations of supporting terrorism might be related to a political point of view expressed on a political forum. For instance, to some degree I support the moral right of Palestinians to fight back against the Occupying Israeli forces. One man's terrorist may be another man's freedom fighter. It's debatable, though may push the limits.

On the other hand, unsupported accusations of supporting child molestation are about as low as you can go. That is pure slander and character assassination of the worst form.

There is no equivalency, what you did is worse, and the mods correctly recognized that.

And if they see it or it's pointed out to them, I think the mods will consistently delete posts containing false accusations of child molestation.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm

How about expressing the hope that one's grandmother be raped?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:accusations of supporting terrorism might be related to a political point of view expressed on a political forum. For instance, to some degree I support the moral right of Palestinians to fight back against the Occupying Israeli forces. One man's terrorist may be another man's freedom fighter. It's debatable, though may push the limits.

On the other hand, unsupported accusations of supporting child molestation are about as low as you can go. That is pure slander and character assassination of the worst form.

There is no equivalency, what you did is worse, and the mods correctly recognized that.

And if they see it or it's pointed out to them, I think the mods will consistently delete posts containing false accusations of child molestation.

There is no equivalency indeed. You're judge, jury and executioner. From the get go, my accusations are unsupported while his "might" be right. Without a shred of evidence for both.
Quite the judgement caller.
Last edited by LuZbelito on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah, that's not great. I think we need some kind of list ranking these types of things.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Well, not really. Just to be aware that if you start calling other names, they might call you names back. I've never had to resort to this before and hopefully will never again.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Wait Luz, you "had to resort" to calling Polar a child molester supporter? You didn't have any free choice in the matter, it was forced upon you by circumstances?

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 pm

It's easier to ridicule him rather playing his game. If you wrestle with the pig, you both get dirty.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Eric, do you fully support the moderators for having deleted Luz' post accusing Polar of supporting child molestation? Or do you find some fault in their actions?

User avatar
Agent009
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9106
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Hi

Post by Agent009 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:08 pm

I read it that luz only posted the child molester bit to show the double standards when it comes to dealing with bipolar.....
And if so, it worked like a charm.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Eric, do you fully support the moderators for having deleted Luz' post accusing Polar of supporting child molestation? Or do you find some fault in their actions?


I said she should have deleted the entire thread. I understand why pedophile accusations should be deleted but why is slandering someone as a terrorist considered acceptable?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Wait Luz, you "had to resort" to calling Polar a child molester supporter? You didn't have any free choice in the matter, it was forced upon you by circumstances?

Point taken. Bad choice of words.
I didn't have to.

I was never put in a position where someone called me a terrorist before and i thought i'd be illustrative for him to be on the receiving end.

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Eric, do you fully support the moderators for having deleted Luz' post accusing Polar of supporting child molestation? Or do you find some fault in their actions?

You don't seem to get the point. I fully support the mods deleting my post. That is not the issue here. It's about double standards. What i am find disappointing is that they

- reacted to his request while they didn't to mine (even he is the one who cries wolf 24/7 and this is my first appearance on this branch)
- deleted my post but his is still there

Either you delete both or you keep both. Personally, i'd delete both, hence my comment above.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:25 pm

LuZbelito wrote:I was never put in a position where someone called me a terrorist before and i thought i'd be illustrative for him to be on the receiving end


Fair enough, Luz, but you put him on the receiving end of an accusation of supporting child molestation, which is something the the mods take a very dim view of, and something that is pretty much automatic grounds for deletion or banning.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 pm

I am not sure whether you are missing the point or dodging it. Honest.

You keep explaining the rationale behind how my action led to the mods deleting my post but you haven't said a word about his actions. I understand that, but that is not the point.
My point is about consistency and/or double standards, and you can't argue that without bringing up what polardude did.

It's as if you keep explaining why it was ok for the cops to detain me after i punched a guy, without taking into account the guy kicked me in the head before and is still free.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Agent009 wrote:I read it that luz only posted the child molester bit to show the double standards when it comes to dealing with bipolar.....
And if so, it worked like a charm.


Accusation of support for child molestation are one of the few things that get an automatic deletion here, thus there's no proof here of a double standard in my opinion. And my earlier comment about Polar having had many past posts deleted my the mods and having been banned at least once if not more than once suggests there may not be as much of a double standard as you think there is. But he does get away with a lot of crap here, I'll grant you that.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:11 pm

LuZbelito wrote:I am not sure whether you are missing the point or dodging it


Neither, I've clearly said why I feel your point is invalid. Your argument requires equivalency between his accusation of support for terrorism and your accusation of support for child molestation, and I've clearly stated that in my view, there is no equivalency, thus your argument fails. I'm not dodging anything.

If you accuse someone of child molestation on this forum, your post will get deleted, and you may get banned.

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Hi

Post by pezworld » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:If you accuse someone of child molestation on this forum, your post will get deleted, and you may get banned.

Correct.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:51 pm

If that's your answer then clearly your train of thought is still boarding at the station.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
LuZbelito wrote:I am not sure whether you are missing the point or dodging it


Neither, I've clearly said why I feel your point is invalid. Your argument requires equivalency between his accusation of support for terrorism and your accusation of support for child molestation, and I've clearly stated that in my view, there is no equivalency, thus your argument fails. I'm not dodging anything.

If you accuse someone of child molestation on this forum, your post will get deleted, and you may get banned.

If that is your answer then i stand correct, you do not get the point, equivalency or not.

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Hi

Post by pezworld » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Just answering your question. Child porn/molestation charges have never been OK here, and we usually warn or temp-ban when it happens. Consider yourself informed.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:47 pm

That's the thing, you haven't answered most of my questions. Hell, you didn't even answer the first question in the OP.
Also odd you chose to ignore the most relevant issue (double standards).

So just for me to understand the rules, falsely accusing someone of supporting terrorism, like he did, is perfectly fine, but accusing someone of supporting child molestation is not?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Hi

Post by polardude1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Wow! What a meltdown.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:17 pm

polardude1 wrote:Wow! What a meltdown


Not at the epic levels of Eric, Jelly Belly, or Disco, but not bad.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Hi

Post by polardude1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Agent once wen t its because of changes in the video thread.

This should never make to it Famous Dishes even if it becomes epic. It's sad i someone does not understand that gravity of his words
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Hi

Post by pezworld » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:30 pm

LuZbelito wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but is it ridiculous for me to expect mods/admins to let me know they are deleting my post

No it's not ridiculous, but we don't usually explain every mod action. You haven't noticed because you're not usually the source of deleted posts. That's why I answered you the way I did in my first response. I deleted the second OP because you continued arguing from a previously deleted thread.

LuZbelito wrote:Maybe even hear my side?


We have, in this thread.

And because you usually don't skirt the (unwritten, but most long-term posters are aware) rules, accusations of paedophelia/child abuse are not tolerated here - this has been the case since the board started. And they are used way too often by people who really want to anger the other party, not because they have any evidence whatsoever.

If you do have evidence, you should call the police, not use it to win an argument on an internet message board.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:32 pm

It's as if you don't know what a meltdown is. A meltdown is when someone loses composure. I haven't.
As far as i understand, I am not allowed to post PM. If i could, we'd see a meltdown alright.

But i have to give it to you. You started it and won. I clearly overestimated the mods. You got them to delete my post, keep yours, you got them address your request and ignore my questions.
Even the baggage of you being involved in countless feuds on this branch (while i have none) served of little.

It's a shame they let you get away with it, but you clearly won.
You manipulated them from the very beginning and got the outcome you wanted.
Kudos.

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:38 pm

pezworld wrote:
LuZbelito wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but is it ridiculous for me to expect mods/admins to let me know they are deleting my post

No it's not ridiculous, but we don't usually explain every mod action. You haven't noticed because you're not usually the source of deleted posts. That's why I answered you the way I did in my first response. I deleted the second OP because you continued arguing from a previously deleted thread.

LuZbelito wrote:Maybe even hear my side?


We have, in this thread.

And because you usually don't skirt the (unwritten, but most long-term posters are aware) rules, accusations of paedophelia/child abuse are not tolerated here - this has been the case since the board started. And they are used way too often by people who really want to anger the other party, not because they have any evidence whatsoever.

If you do have evidence, you should call the police, not use it to win an argument on an internet message board.

If you have heard my side, why don't you address the main issue?
Explain this, just this: why is it ok for him to call someone a terrorist supporter but it is not ok for people to call him a child molester supporter?

That's it.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13241
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Hi

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:38 pm

And Luz, when they do delete your post for an unsupported accusation of child molestation, the mods then don't have any obligation whatsoever to delete any other posts on the board that don't involve child molestation, just because you may feel they are "just as bad" or "the same thing" There is no double standard here at all.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Hi

Post by polardude1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:41 pm

It's as if you don't know what a meltdown is. A meltdown is when someone loses composure. I haven't



Such denial.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Hi

Post by pezworld » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 pm

LuZbelito wrote:Explain this, just this: why is it ok for him to call someone a terrorist supporter but it is not ok for people to call him a child molester supporter?

That's it.

We have a long established precedent to not tolerate any accusations of child molestation/paedophelia etc. We don't have such a standard for the rest.

Can you imagine if we did have one for "supporting terrorists"? That's a very subjective term in Stewville. Who's a terrorist? Israel? Palestine? Donald Trump? Amerikkka? This board would cease to exist if we tried to enforce a rule against that.

We are generally very lightly moderated, but the child crimes moderation is long established.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
LuZbelito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4002
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hi

Post by LuZbelito » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:And Luz, when they do delete your post for an unsupported accusation of child molestation, the mods then don't have any obligation whatsoever to delete any other posts on the board that don't involve child molestation, just because you may feel they are "just as bad" or "the same thing" There is no double standard here at all.

Well, that's you opinion. A flawed one, but an opinion nonetheless.

@ Pez. understood. I will act accordingly.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53673
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Hi

Post by eric84 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
polardude1 wrote:Wow! What a meltdown


Not at the epic levels of Eric, Jelly Belly, or Disco, but not bad.


Nah, never melted down, gopher man.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Hi

Post by polardude1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:36 pm

DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Post Reply