Hey Mutha. Rename the branch and bin the US politics

Provide your questions, comments, ideas and suggested improvements to Political Stew here.

Moderator: Moderator

F4J
Stew Ingredient

Hey Mutha. Rename the branch and bin the US politics

Post by F4J » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

There was the mention the other week of starting a Gaming Branch which seems to have a large amount of interest across the forum.

So please shut down this US election branch and give us a gaming branch for the new year. Somewhere where we can all swap information on the best political/strategy games and the best games for mobile devices.

We could even try to get some multiplayer games going between members of the forum. I would love to get a group of people from here playing on of the Paradox games (up to 32 players)

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Re: Hey Mutha. Rename the branch and bin the US politics

Post by pezworld » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm

You're just sucking up to mutha because he's a gamer.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 am

It probably is time to archive the Election Branch. It does seem a shame to not replace it with anything, but a "Games" branch does seem like me grossly abusing my power as admin. Who exactly would be posting in there besides you, me, CSM, and maybe a couple other posters?

F4J
Stew Ingredient

Post by F4J » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 am

Mutha you would be surprised. Half the board will probably come out as closet gamers. If we were to get a decent multiplayer game going amongst Stew people then we could convert some of the less enthusiastic people.

A trial run for 1 week would not do any harm. If it does not work then someone else gets a chance to suggets a new forum until we find something that people want.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am

I need to get back into gaming, been out since san andreas....
Maybe yall can inspire me with something.

Maybe mix in some other technology stuff.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

F4J
Stew Ingredient

Post by F4J » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Agent009 wrote:I need to get back into gaming, been out since san andreas....
Maybe yall can inspire me with something.

Maybe mix in some other technology stuff.

Skyrim.

It is a single player game with a truly vast world to explore. I have spent over 400 hours in there in the last year in between playing different games. It does not have cars, planes or helicopters but you get far more in the way of abilities which you need to level up.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

F4J - Its the idea of logging 400 hours in a game that scares me!
I loooked it up, seeem koool...

Above, when i said mix in some technology stuff, i ment in the branch, like a gaming and tech branch. There are plenty of technophiles here, and even more tech looosers who neeed help. While it could easily have a political angle, it doesnt neeed one. Not everyone who comes here does so to talk politics. Skeeterville stays busy, as does the travel branch. The sports branch, well, i dont know why the sports branch is sooo dead, cept maybe the fact its all baseball, and some sort of padle55 NFL game where the players run around in tiny pairs of shorts.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah.......

F4J
Stew Ingredient

Post by F4J » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Mutha I no longer want the gaming thread. Please set up a WT board and then lock the women who have come over from LP in there. This forum now runs the risk of being seriously dumbed down and drastic measures are needed.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 am

F4J wrote:Mutha I no longer want the gaming thread. Please set up a WT board and then lock the women who have come over from LP in there. This forum now runs the risk of being seriously dumbed down and drastic measures are needed.

I think it makes sense. Turn the election branch into a YC refugee branch.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinceFoster » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 am

You could make it the "menstruation hut" branch.
I'm so excited you decided
to come over and beg.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 am

No way!....
Dont give the refuges their own branch, that will be just the beginning.
Next thing they will want their own board, mods, then the right to self determination......

Leave them wandering.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:02 am

What a bunch of drama queens you all are.

After the 'Great TT Migration of 2012" ends in about 5 days... about 30% will go to the WT Refuge site that has been set up elsewhere and another 30% just won't post anymore at all. Those who like it here and feel it's a place they can fit in will stay and will be welcome additions. I bet that at the end.of.the.day we get an additional semi-permanent dozen posters, at the most. New blood is a good thing.

Stop your whining.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:04 am

northern_goddess wrote:What a bunch of drama queens you all are.

After the 'Great TT Migration of 2012" ends in about 5 days... about 30% will go to the WT Refuge site that has been set up elsewhere and another 30% just won't post anymore at all. Those who like it here and feel it's a place they can fit in will stay and will be welcome additions. I bet that at the end.of.the.day we get an additional semi-permanent dozen posters, at the most. New blood is a good thing.

Stop your whining.

A bunch of Streeterville regulars came with the BBC purchase migration and stayed, didn't they?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Geece
Scratty Peasant

Post by Geece » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 am

What's the URL for the melting pot site? I want to troll it.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 pm

northern_goddess wrote:Stop your whining.

RUDE!
Im just using the issue of the day as part of my lobbying push for a gaming/tech branch.....
I work for powerful people, and they want results.

pezworld wrote:A bunch of Streeterville regulars came with the BBC purchase migration and stayed, didn't they?

Not me, no way, i swear.....

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:49 pm

pezworld wrote:A bunch of Streeterville regulars came with the BBC purchase migration and stayed, didn't they?

I thought it was the site upgrade that had people come here, not the BBC purchase per se. But yes, probably a dozen posters?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

guruwil
vegemite flavored maple syrup

Post by guruwil » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Stop your whining.

Eye degree.
An it harm none, do what ye will

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.
judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!
jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one
“shunter” wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Guru is bang on the money here.

guruwil
vegemite flavored maple syrup

Post by guruwil » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Stop your whining.

Eye degree.
An it harm none, do what ye will

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.
judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!
jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one
“shunter” wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Guru is bang on the money here.

ZAffer
Stew Ingredient

Post by ZAffer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 pm

F4J wrote:There was the mention the other week of starting a Gaming Branch which seems to have a large amount of interest across the forum.

So please shut down this US election branch and give us a gaming branch for the new year. Somewhere where we can all swap information on the best political/strategy games and the best games for mobile devices.

We could even try to get some multiplayer games going between members of the forum. I would love to get a group of people from here playing on of the Paradox games (up to 32 players)

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games

Take it to Nerdville, loser.
sce to aux

ZAffer
Stew Ingredient

Post by ZAffer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:17 pm

section8 wrote:
F4J wrote:Mutha I no longer want the gaming thread. Please set up a WT board and then lock the women who have come over from LP in there. This forum now runs the risk of being seriously dumbed down and drastic measures are needed.

I think it makes sense. Turn the election branch into a YC refugee branch.

We've GOT a refutree branch: it's called 'streeterville'. Twat.
sce to aux