Time for a Mods election?

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:37 pm

muthafunky wrote:
Would you like to see new posters here, maybe some new features and ideas?


New posters, features, ideas do not magically happen with a "mod election". If people want new featues and ideas they can recommend them. That's how all the new forums get created, for example.


Yes, I agree totally.

But the fact is we're not seeing new ideas or new posters here, and haven't done since the YC people arrived. The standard of debate in politics is lower and duller than it has ever been IMO. Without raising the evil spectre of Roadwarrior and his infamous Road Map of a few years back - I think something like is exactly what the forum needs right now. Without it, this place probably will just get quieter and quieter.

I say go with a blank slate approach. Look at other forums and see what works. Throw a few ideas out there and see what people like and dislike. Ask people to vote on anything contentious like a 'Toilet' section.

It just seems like a mod election might be a very involving way of creating a bit of a buzz around the place.

Put it this way - I don't see why not.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm

joeyramone wrote: If the place dies, I move on to the next place.


Yes, me too.

But why not look to have this place work better, rather than just sitting back and waiting until there is no one here but Dude and Termite?

What have you got to lose?
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:Are you concerned about the numbers of posts and posters falling? Or not?

mutha already told you other than the seasonality effect, there are no major drops in posts or posters

no one is buying your "I am so conerned about this place going down hill" and "we need new mods, but nothing personal against them" fake pleads

as I already offered 3 times, if you really care about this place so much and I am doing such a terrible job, nominate yourself to replace me as mod

yet no response from you, gee, there is a shocker.....

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Wilster wrote:Well, and I'm trying to read between the lines, it seems that if SoDuh is a mod, this place will have new posters, features, ideas...let's do it, SoDuh for mod!!! How can the board not want that?


Perhaps try reading the lines as well, Wilster - I specifically said earlier that I don't have time to be a mod, and will only take a role if no one else will.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:45 pm

tph24601 wrote:yet no response from you, gee, there is a shocker.....


Actually, I answered it about 3 pages back.

The fact that I think the forum needs a shot in the arm is a bigger issues than the fact that we have a single mod who apparently contracted rabies recently.

Switching Mod X for Mod Y isn't going to change much.

I'd like to see a new set of mods inherent a blank canvas - put some ideas to the board, and start and build the place up in a quest for domination of the world and universe.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:I'd genuinely prefer not to be a mod, because I think there are plenty of other posters who are less divisive and would do a perfectly fine job.

I specifically said earlier that I don't have time to be a mod, and will only take a role if no one else will.


apparently your memory is not much better than wilster's reading ability
you said nothing about not having time to be a mod

I'd like to see a new set of mods inherent a blank canvas - put some ideas to the board, and start and build the place up in a quest for domination of the world and universe.

we have reached over 100 posts, have anyone else buying your crap? not even your buddy sandrat

as Joey said, maybe you should start by thinking about why you are divisive and change your own behavior, before pointing fingers at everyone else.....

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:
joeyramone wrote: If the place dies, I move on to the next place.


Yes, me too.

But why not look to have this place work better, rather than just sitting back and waiting until there is no one here but Dude and Termite?

What have you got to lose?


Big talk from a guy who created the racist troll "Roosevelt T Washington", and proceeded to post Ian's home info in order to get back at Felix.

I think we need better posters, not people who carry shit too far on here.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by polardude1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Soda
But why not look to have this place work better, rather than just sitting back and waiting until there is no one here but Dude and Termite?

wht does everyone continually bring up Termite? he's long gone form this place :roll:
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
Wilster
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8295
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:05 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Wilster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:54 pm

tph24601 wrote:we have reached over 100 posts, have anyone else buying your crap? not even your buddy sandrat


Well, then SoDuh got the "look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME, ME, ME, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, whoopie!!!" that he was after. I see no substance to this thread, nor would I take what SoDuh writes seriously; he's just trying to get some attention--SoDuh got my three post, but no mas. If SoDuh wants an intellectual dishonest bulletin board, and being the google king he is, I'm sure he can find a new home quite easily.
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Joey, Chachi, Dude...you all spend plenty of time here.


I spend plenty of time here because I have internet access at work. Nothing more nothing less...my interest is waning with this site. This idea that we are going to expand the Stew and attract new members is about 2 years past it's expiration dtae.

This forum is for TP refugees and some GWD folks That's it. It's our home. And people come and go. They move on. It's a neighborhood pub. And you want to transform it into a "Shooters-esque" nightclub.

But the locals don't want a nightclub. They want their local pub.

And mod elections will have absolutely no bearing on what goes on here or who comes back to post. So I fail to see how mod elections would brign about this change.

Fuck...sometimes I just wish that my work would block this site so I could get some shit done around the office.
Haters wanna hate.

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21914
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:
muthafunky wrote:
Would you like to see new posters here, maybe some new features and ideas?


New posters, features, ideas do not magically happen with a "mod election". If people want new featues and ideas they can recommend them. That's how all the new forums get created, for example.


Yes, I agree totally.

But the fact is we're not seeing new ideas or new posters here, and haven't done since the YC people arrived. The standard of debate in politics is lower and duller than it has ever been IMO. Without raising the evil spectre of Roadwarrior and his infamous Road Map of a few years back - I think something like is exactly what the forum needs right now. Without it, this place probably will just get quieter and quieter.

I say go with a blank slate approach. Look at other forums and see what works. Throw a few ideas out there and see what people like and dislike. Ask people to vote on anything contentious like a 'Toilet' section.

It just seems like a mod election might be a very involving way of creating a bit of a buzz around the place.

Put it this way - I don't see why not.


I disagree with you, soda. I don't think a blank slate approach is going to work. Part of what makes this board viable is its history. However, I do agree that the Politics board is functioning a lot like a toilet these days. All you can do about that is try to filter out the rubbish and respond to posters who are interesting or can make an interesting point without smearing shit on the walls. Getting in to "you're a nazi, no you're a HDer" feuds only makes it worse.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
Joey, Chachi, Dude...you all spend plenty of time here.


I spend plenty of time here because I have internet access at work. Nothing more nothing less...my interest is waning with this site. This idea that we are going to expand the Stew and attract new members is about 2 years past it's expiration dtae.

This forum is for TP refugees and some GWD folks That's it. It's our home. And people come and go. They move on. It's a neighborhood pub. And you want to transform it into a "Shooters-esque" nightclub.

But the locals don't want a nightclub. They want their local pub.

And mod elections will have absolutely no bearing on what goes on here or who comes back to post. So I fail to see how mod elections would brign about this change.

Fuck...sometimes I just wish that my work would block this site so I could get some shit done around the office.


I'm with you 100%. I don't use this site at night or on weekends; I have a family to attend to and my time with them is a bit more valuable than reading Sandrash and his unique version of the english language.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Wasn't it not that long ago that some of the posters on this thread were howling for the heads of some mods?
Now it is a bad idea, mainly because of the identity of the OP?

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21914
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:21 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Wasn't it not that long ago that some of the posters on this thread were howling for the heads of some mods?
Now it is a bad idea, mainly because of the identity of the OP?


You could be right, TP, but I think it's because the reason soda has stated for wanting new mods is palpably bogus and he combined it with starting with a "clean slate".
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:28 pm

snowgirl wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:Wasn't it not that long ago that some of the posters on this thread were howling for the heads of some mods?
Now it is a bad idea, mainly because of the identity of the OP?


You could be right, TP, but I think it's because the reason soda has stated for wanting new mods is palpably bogus and he combined it with starting with a "clean slate".

I think it is because when Soda posts, the usual crew attacks.
What he says is secondary.

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Wasn't it not that long ago that some of the posters on this thread were howling for the heads of some mods?


Who was howling?
Haters wanna hate.

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
Wasn't it not that long ago that some of the posters on this thread were howling for the heads of some mods?


Who was howling?

You for one, for Eric.
As I recall, your candidacy foundered despite your solid platform of reform.

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 pm

First and foremost...I demanded a recount of all the votes and my request was denied by the junta in charge.


According to a couple of my RELIABLE sources there appeared to be solid evidence that I had come in second place...and let's just say that I heard through some back channels that I was the top vote getter. From what I was told, the cabal could not have an outsider....a maverick per se...like me.....take a top power postion on this board. I was to electric at the time. I had the power of the people behind me and the powers that be had to shut me down.

Now I'm not the type of person to bring up old grudges to pick at old wounds...but...I was clearly robbed in the mod elections.

From what I could gather...the mods at the time...were looking for some puppets that they could control from behind the scenes. And that's where the current mods came in to fill that roll.

Let's just say that E-Reich and his cohorts are part of a regime that has systematically railroaded and silenced the voice of the people.

This used to be the People's Board. Now it's just a shell of it's former self. But I'm too tired to take the reigns and fight the good fight. What's done is done..and the powers that be will not allow the people to be heard.

Scott
Haters wanna hate.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by polardude1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:09 pm

ASo Soda wanst a whoe new mod line up that wikl offere new ideas and features. He seems to be placing the weight of coming up with these new ideas while continuing to stand on the side line and moaning.

Soda,
do you have any ideas of or own?
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22371
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by muthafunky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:19 pm

According to a couple of my RELIABLE sources there appeared to be solid evidence that I had come in second place...and let's just say that I heard through some back channels that I was the top vote getter. From what I was told, the cabal could not have an outsider....a maverick per se...like me.....take a top power postion on this board. I was to electric at the time. I had the power of the people behind me and the powers that be had to shut me down.


No

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22371
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by muthafunky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I say go with a blank slate approach. Look at other forums and see what works. Throw a few ideas out there and see what people like and dislike. Ask people to vote on anything contentious like a 'Toilet' section.


As was noted elsewhere, I don't agree with the blank slate approach. But there is no reason why ideas can't be thrown out, tried out, and we've done this before. There is a forum for making suggestions, go ahead and make them. A mod election is not needed or indeed even related to what you are suggesting.

It just seems like a mod election might be a very involving way of creating a bit of a buzz around the place.

Put it this way - I don't see why not.


Why not? Because most people don't want to mod, especially the people who would probably be good at it. When we've tried to recruit people it's never easy to do and when we publicly ask for volunteers a lot of people who offer up their services would cause many of the other folks on this site to leave if they were made mod. It's a thankless job and despite this you constantly get people crying about heavy handed modding or not enough modding or just personal attacks. And despite vetting we still sometimes end up with mods who are unsuitable.

With all this, a popular "election" is a bad idea, which is why we never have and never will do it.

It is humorous to see you cling to this "Let's save the Stew with an election" line when really you just want to get rid of tph.

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:27 pm

No


Yes.
Haters wanna hate.

User avatar
Wilster
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8295
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:05 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Wilster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
No


Yes.


BAN! or made mod.
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Let's just say that E-Reich and his cohorts are part of a regime that has systematically railroaded and silenced the voice of the people.

Translation: Howl

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 pm

muthafunky wrote:It is humorous to see you cling to this "Let's save the Stew with an election" line when really you just want to get rid of tph.


You think Hitler avatar is funny. You are unfit to run the Stew and have not read many book as Soda. You are not intellectual and are capitalist dictator pig.

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:40 pm

What would Derrida do?
Haters wanna hate.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by polardude1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

My choice for mods

Soda
Sandrat
Wilster
Wellpisser
Joey Ramone

That would make for real chemistry
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:What would Derrida do?


Derrida avoided simple answers because simple minds like simple answer. The difficult answer always better, because better mind creates difficult answer to the simple problem.

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:44 pm

polardude1 wrote:My choice for mods

Soda
Sandrat
Wilster
Wellpisser
Joey Ramone

That would make for real chemistry


Political debates are solved with Sandrat, Termite, Soda, RedStarLine and nijo moderators.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:First and foremost...I demanded a recount of all the votes and my request was denied by the junta in charge.


According to a couple of my RELIABLE sources there appeared to be solid evidence that I had come in second place...and let's just say that I heard through some back channels that I was the top vote getter. From what I was told, the cabal could not have an outsider....a maverick per se...like me.....take a top power postion on this board. I was to electric at the time. I had the power of the people behind me and the powers that be had to shut me down.

Now I'm not the type of person to bring up old grudges to pick at old wounds...but...I was clearly robbed in the mod elections.

From what I could gather...the mods at the time...were looking for some puppets that they could control from behind the scenes. And that's where the current mods came in to fill that roll.

Let's just say that E-Reich and his cohorts are part of a regime that has systematically railroaded and silenced the voice of the people.

This used to be the People's Board. Now it's just a shell of it's former self. But I'm too tired to take the reigns and fight the good fight. What's done is done..and the powers that be will not allow the people to be heard.

Scott



yes, thank god they made Cogito a mod instead of you.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20206
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Scott_Baio » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:26 pm

yes, thank god they made Cogito a mod instead of you.


Yep, CSM and Cogito both flamed out in the mod room in record time. Yet, Ole Scoots was tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash because of personal politics.
Haters wanna hate.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
yes, thank god they made Cogito a mod instead of you.


Yep, CSM and Cogito both flamed out in the mod room in record time. Yet, Ole Scoots was tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash because of personal politics.


well, i voted for you scoots. Too bad you weren't like the popular posters like Cogito, who was always lauded for her smarts and her great decisionmaking.

All we got from her was moronic statements on UK real estate, and knowledge that she has a hairy bush.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
sandrat
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by sandrat » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:37 pm

DimJoey wrote:awww..nice to see Sandrash is serving as Soda's bodyguard.


Dim Joey - when you grow up you will be embarrased by that post. Seriously.
Dave, aka Poppy, you are not an Arab :roll:

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:42 pm

sandrat wrote:
DimJoey wrote:awww..nice to see Sandrash is serving as Soda's bodyguard.


Dim Joey - when you grow up you will be embarrased by that post. Seriously.


Can you post something that makes sense? Please, just come up with something useful once every year or two.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21914
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
yes, thank god they made Cogito a mod instead of you.


Yep, CSM and Cogito both flamed out in the mod room in record time. Yet, Ole Scoots was tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash because of personal politics.


*sniff*

Scottie, stop it! I'm flooding my keyboard with tears.

Image
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:50 pm

If there's ever another mod election, I'm voting for Scott again. I'm serious.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

User avatar
leelee
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8552
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by leelee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:57 pm

i think snowgirl needs to be banned for her unauthorized use of large emoticon gifs.

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32315
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by pezworld » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 pm

He'd certainly liven up the modroom.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 pm

sandrat wrote:
DimJoey wrote:awww..nice to see Sandrash is serving as Soda's bodyguard.


Dim Joey - when you grow up you will be embarrased by that post. Seriously.


Jim Doey will never grown up hes allready 40 manchild.

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Oh, shut up.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 pm

no you shut up

or is "no, make me" a better one?

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:14 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Oh, shut up.


Spasz

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Jim Doey

hahahaha

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:57 am

Retard.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11829
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 am

Fluffermonkey wrote:
With all this, a popular "election" is a bad idea, which is why we never have and never will do it.

Really? that whole vote thing that happened way back when Ereich assumed his mod for life position never actually happened? Get Rosie to help you out with that little bit o' stew history.

Fluffermonkey wrote:It is humorous to see you cling to this "Let's save the Stew with an election" line when really you just want to get rid of tph.

No shit.

Soda, you are the hugest pussy to ever hit the internet. Why didn't you just entitle this sniveling pile of whinging "I'm really annoyed that TPH is a mod because he makes me cry"? Fuck, you're such a pussy you came back from Africa with a yeast infection.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65635
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Godjira » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 am

soda 3.0 wrote:
Wilster wrote:Well, and I'm trying to read between the lines, it seems that if SoDuh is a mod, this place will have new posters, features, ideas...let's do it, SoDuh for mod!!! How can the board not want that?


Perhaps try reading the lines as well, Wilster - I specifically said earlier that I don't have time to be a mod, and will only take a role if no one else will.


If you don't have time to be one, then you shouldn't be calling for an election of new mods.

I mean, some of us want to winter in Tajikistan, too. Put your money (and time) where your mouth is.

Meanwhile, try to make the board more interesting with interesting posts if possible.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22371
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by muthafunky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 am

Really? that whole vote thing that happened way back when Ereich assumed his mod for life position never actually happened?


Correct, there was no election with mods brought to power by popular vote. We asked people to vote for who they wanted who they didn't want or had serious concerns about, and we made decisions based on that and our own personal judgement.

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 am

Godjira wrote:
soda 3.0 wrote:
I mean, some of us want to winter in Tajikistan, too. Put your money (and time) where your mouth is.

Meanwhile, try to make the board more interesting with interesting posts if possible.


Godjira -

If no one else wants to be a mod, I'm happy to do it. If other people want to be mods - I'm happy for them to do it.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 am

polardude1 wrote:do you have any ideas of or own?


Yes.

I have a few ideas of things I've seen work on other forums, and which I think might work here. I'd also be interested as to what ideas people like yourself and Joey have.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:03 am

muthafunky wrote:As was noted elsewhere, I don't agree with the blank slate approach. But there is no reason why ideas can't be thrown out, tried out, and we've done this before. There is a forum for making suggestions, go ahead and make them. A mod election is not needed or indeed even related to what you are suggesting.


I think it is, because it's impossible for people who are not mods to implement new ideas. It also makes sense that if people have come up with new ideas, they are the ones who present them to the board for discussion, and set about trying to make them work. It's also then there responsibility if the ideas don't work.

Given the board has some strongly reactionary posters who will fight tooth and nail against any idea, regardless of its merits, I think it's also important that everyone knows whose ideas are being presented, and why, and that everyone has input about whether they like the ideas or not.

If there is a Mod election, tph has the same right to throw his hat in the ring as anyone else, of course.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

Post Reply