Time for a Mods election?

Resurrection of all-time best threads
Post Reply
User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

Bandra -

Perhaps the reason you hide behind such dire troll handles is because you were always so humiliated when you posted as yourself?
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:30 am

Summary (v.3):

thread in Talk Politics
soda: tph, you are too mean to me, I am going to ignore you from now on!
toytone: tph is a mod and you can't put him on ignore

thread in Sound Off!, 10 mins later
soda: why can't I ignore a mod who is too mean to me?

mins after that, this is created
soda: I think we need a mod election, nothing personal against all the mods, it's that I have some other fantastic ideas that will improve this forum
polar: this is just an attack thread
mutha: we don't need an election, go ahead and post your suggestions
(15 other posters): no need for election

soda: why aren't you guys smart enough to see that we need new mods to discuss my fantastic ideas?
tph: people already said no to the election proposal, why don't you tell us your ideas anyway?
soda: why are you all oppposed to my wonderful ideas, even before I tell you what they are?

(numerous posters): so tell us your ideas
soda: why are you opposed to having new posters? because of your spamming I am just not going to post them publicly!
Ian: I created a thread in Sound Off to discuss ideas to improve the thread, everyone feel free to post their ideas there

(50 posts later after poster went off topic and start talking about other things)
soad: bardra you are a troll, geece you are a psycho, tph is still too mean, why not get back to discussing my ideas to reduce namecalling and feuding?

meanwhil in the Sound Off thread from Ian
numerous posters discussing ideas to improve the board, rationally and calmly with no namecalling and feuding
no ideas (brilliant or mediocre) from soda posted, yet.....

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 am

Tph -

Do all honest posters make up fake quotes, or is it only you?

It's a quite desperate tactic, really, isn't it?
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
patrik
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:34 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by patrik » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 am

TPH is a dishonest and angry little man who misuses his mod status.
Sulten er mit hjertes magre hund

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59694
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by polardude1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 pm

well at least Soda has a few friends
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:Do all honest posters make up fake quotes, or is it only you?

No, some even go as far as making up a mock biography. Do all honest posters do that?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:59 pm

polardude1 wrote:well at least Soda has a few friends

soda, loki, and sandrat, now that is some posse

User avatar
patrik
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:34 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by patrik » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:24 am

TPH and polarDud, now thats some couple.
Sulten er mit hjertes magre hund

User avatar
Piel!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5033
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Piel! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 am

Have you had the election yet?
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

User avatar
avalon_
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by avalon_ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:04 am

Yes! You won, Piel!

User avatar
Piel!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5033
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Piel! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:18 am

OARSUM!!11!!
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 am

Piel! wrote:OARSUM!!11!!


MUSRAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EARMUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHIZHUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUMMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUESLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


GEECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 am

Thanc yew four you're valyooable contreebewshun.

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22101
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh, thank god this thread is still on page one. I was afraid I missed the thrilling conclusion of this saga over the weekend. And a perfect summer weekend in the Thousand Islands it was.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

islandboi
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10694
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by islandboi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 pm

The Thousand Islands is SO lovely... Can hardly wait to get to Ontario and do some exploring.
"Good morning, Stewpot…. The world is your day!"

User avatar
q5q
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28860
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:00 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by q5q » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 pm

so iboy is the new ubermod?
bodhisattva of sweetness, lite, and moist since 2001; dave_of_daves, whisperer_of_catsups

Vince wrote:
I'm never angry except with q5q who is a despicable abortion.

d&c
arbour zena: keith jarrett, charlie haden, jan gabarek, stuttgart rad orc

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22101
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

I think he ought to be. He clearly has excellent taste in places to visit.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

User avatar
Collateral Knowledge
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:57 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Collateral Knowledge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Can we substitute islandboi for a current Canadian mod who has done such, er, tenacious work in cultivating feuds with posters over many years but who surely deserves a rest now?
21 minutes of adventure!

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Collateral Knowledge wrote:Can we substitute islandboi for a current Canadian mod who has done such, er, tenacious work in cultivating feuds with posters over many years but who surely deserves a rest now?

Hear hear!

Although in fairness, I wonder of how many of those threads that get yanked/pruned where Eric gets blamed, if he's really responsible for it?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
snowgirl
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22101
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

I think all the mods should be canadians as we have such an excellent reputation is peacekeepers.*


*yes, this was sarcastic.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

Poppy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3192
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Poppy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 pm

snowgirl wrote:I think all the mods should be canadians as we have such an excellent reputation is peacekeepers.*


*yes, this was sarcastic.


I almost didn't see the sarcastic. I remember one of my brothers telling me a story of Canadian soldiers sent to Somalia and two 'peacekeepers' brutally beat to death a Somalian youngster. I think there was an attempt at a cover-up too....

Oh well...
I am Poppy, my names is Mahmi. I am a Palestinian living in Israel. We are part of the true Israeli peace camp. My family stayed in 1948 - we live long and prosper.

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:12 am

tph24601 wrote:it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda


And even more fitting that the thread ends with a mod inventing other posters 'quotes' and fighting bitterly against the idea of the site being improved, isn't it?

Anytime you are ready to listen and actually discuss the ideas in good faith, let me know. Personally, I don't think your insecurities can ever allow that to happen.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh, blow it out your ass.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Geece
Scratty Peasant
Posts: 8823
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Geece » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Oh, blow it out your ass.


Is that Derrida?

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Naw. Carlos Castaneda.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:
tph24601 wrote:it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda


And even more fitting that the thread ends with a mod inventing other posters 'quotes' and fighting bitterly against the idea of the site being improved, isn't it?

Anytime you are ready to listen and actually discuss the ideas in good faith, let me know. Personally, I don't think your insecurities can ever allow that to happen.

for the nth time, let's hear your "idea", if you actually have any.....

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Who was it that claimed Eric was the only Mod That Feuds?

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:29 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Who was it that claimed Eric was the only Mod That Feuds?

That was me - I claimed he was the only active mod that feuds. I mentioned Catscanman and Cogito as previous mods who feuded (although their mod'ing tenures were nowhere as long or as prolific as Eric's).
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Ian, how can you be so utterly oblivious to another example on this very page?

And the 'active' adjective is your recent invention, maybe someday you'll be capable of something other than convulsive defence.

Do you want me to name some other feudin' mods, or are you going to give it up?

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 pm

How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.

Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:06 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

I gotta call bullshit on tph hounding Soda. I rarely see those two interact and on the limited occasions I do, Soda usually snivels away. However, I can admit that I'm biased against Soda and a few other posters, which means I'm probably not objective enough to be a mod. But let's call a spade a spade here, and quit the Eric = victim whining.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

I gotta call bullshit on tph hounding Soda. I rarely see those two interact and on the limited occasions I do, Soda usually snivels away. However, I can admit that I'm biased against Soda and a few other posters, which means I'm probably not objective enough to be a mod. But let's call a spade a spade here, and quit the Eric = victim whining.

heh, typical.

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:heh, typical.

heh, ironic.

[And for the record, I'm not one of the posters Eric feuds with nor do I consider myself to have a feud with him.]
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 am

thoughtpolice wrote:
Ian_in_DC wrote:How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.

Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

nice try there, so you keep a record of me engaging soda on EVERY thread? good on you

I respond when I see soda makes stupid comments, it's not my fault he tends to make a lot of them
do I dislike him, sure, am I feuding with him? hardly
I make fun of loki or geo every chance I get (like many other people), does that means I am feuding with them?

one good definition of feuding is when someone specifically create a thread or threads to attack another posters, which clearly was the purpose of this thread, I am only responding to soda's passive aggressive attack by asking him to tell all of us us his wnderful " non personal ideas to improve the site"

I wasn't the only one who asked, but so far soda wasn't very forthcoming, I can't imagine why.....

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm

tph24601 wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
Ian_in_DC wrote:How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.

Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

nice try there, so you keep a record of me engaging soda on EVERY thread? good on you

I respond when I see soda makes stupid comments, it's not my fault he tends to make a lot of them
do I dislike him, sure, am I feuding with him? hardly
I make fun of loki or geo every chance I get (like many other people), does that means I am feuding with them?

one good definition of feuding is when someone specifically create a thread or threads to attack another posters, which clearly was the purpose of this thread, I am only responding to soda's passive aggressive attack by asking him to tell all of us us his wnderful " non personal ideas to improve the site"

I wasn't the only one who asked, but so far soda wasn't very forthcoming, I can't imagine why.....

Yeah, sure.

tph24601
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by tph24601 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 am

so you insist I am feuding with soda on every one of his thread, even if you can't back it up
I guess by that strange logic you are feuding with me

User avatar
thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by thoughtpolice » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:59 pm

as you wish.

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 am

I'm delighted to see that the entire intellectual and humourous might of the Stew has not come up with a single dish as famous as this one for the past twelve months.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Again--blow it out your ass.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Again--blow it out your ass.


Annie -

Let's keep this thread rolling - you keep pretending to respond, and I'll keep pretending to respond to your random responses.
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by AnnieOakley » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Hold out your tin cup so I can give you a coin.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

User avatar
soda 3.0
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by soda 3.0 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 am

Cool - thanks for playing along.

I'm sure you've always wanted to have one of your own threads make it into Famous Dishes - which, let's face it, for someone like you would be a lofty ambition - why do you think you've failed?
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

User avatar
chimes
resident rebel
Posts: 11854
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:57 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by chimes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Winter must be setting in remarkably early in Helsinki this year....

jasminemark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by jasminemark » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 am

I think its not a time for the election mods.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by joeyramone » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Hmm. this thread makes me realize how much I miss TPH's posts.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
strife
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16571
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by strife » Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 pm

Exquisite Thread.
I am Stalking you.

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24214
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Post by mad hatter » Tue May 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Looks like a circle jerk of old people no
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

Post Reply