Soda's Wager With Ian

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Should Ian Accept Soda's Bet

Yes
29
73%
No
11
28%
 
Total votes: 40

User avatar
Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:30 pm

Post by Felix » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 am

Five-fucking-hundred.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

User avatar
EasyElvis
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2646
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by EasyElvis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 am

Too late, Felix. I took it. I win!

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:05 am

Wellpisser wrote:Mac, you can have #500 if you want.


I'm happy that it made it to 500.

Maybe now Soda will stop being a cunt.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:08 am

Maybe now Soda will stop being a cunt.


Mac, you've got more chance of getting honesty out of Asif.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:05 am

mutha is fixing

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Wait a second, Bandra: Soda was trolling you all along with his claims of being Lebanese. He wasn't trying to give credibility to his flawed argument afterall. He was just stirring you up.*

*Of course, "trolling" and "stirring up" are retroactively applied after Soda has been discovered to be talking out of his ass.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Soda - "extreme latent psychosis." But I digress....

Soda, do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety? Why are you scared to demonstrate your masterful "trolling" of Ian? I mean, these are works of art - what do you have to be embarrassed about?

So do you give me permission? Why are you dodging the question?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Soda, do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety? Why are you scared to demonstrate your masterful "trolling" of Ian? I mean, these are works of art - what do you have to be embarrassed about?

So do you give me permission? Why are you dodging the question?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Soda, I'm asking because it's generally amusing how you so masterfully "trolled" me all along. Why should it irritate you when you perfected your craft to an art form.

So, Soda, I will restate for the audience: do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety?

So do you give me permission? Why are you dodging the question, Soda? A yes or no will work fine.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:08 pm

It was so masterful, Soda, because I believed this faux-history all along (oh wait: No I didn't).

So why are you dodging the question, Soda? Do you give me permission to post your PM's in their entirety? A simple yes or no will do. What are you afraid of?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Setting your pseudo-intellectual rant, Soda, why are you skirting answering the question? We can let the reader decide for themselves on how brilliant your "trolling" PMs were. Your genius should speak for itself.

One more time, dear: Soda, do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety? A simple yes or no will do. Why are you dodging the question?

Soda?

Soda?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

No, you never answered, Soda. And no, I'm not doing it to be irritating. I sincerely would like for others to see your "trolling" genius. So, perhaps you could actually respond to the question:

Soda, do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety? A simple Yes or No will do. Why are you dodging the question.

Soda?

Soda?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Nope, you never responded...and you still haven't, Soda. Why not just give a clear and precise YES or NO to my question? I'll ask one more time:

Soda, do you give me permission to post your PMs in their entirety? Why are you dodging the question?

Soda?

Soda?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Daejn
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1033
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:34 pm

Post by Daejn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:41 pm

So that's the story. Soda is Michael Howard and Ian is Jeremy Paxman.

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm

Daejn wrote:So that's the story. Soda is Michael Howard and Ian is Jeremy Paxman.

Nah, I'm Jeremy Piven. A few posters said I look and sound just like him.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:Ian:

1) because you are only asking because you think it's probably irritating

2) because I've already your questions in detail a good half dozen times

I didn't exactly troll you Ian - you were acting like a rabid dog, digging into my personal life, so I threw you a stick and you chased it. There is a difference, though not one I suspect you'll be able to figure out.


Funny, many would conclude that this is exactly what you did with Argon (and by-flawed-extension me) when you went into your deluded Lance ffrom New Zealand fantasy. I'm delighted that you have been paid back in your own coin.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:
because I believed this faux-history all along


No, Ian, that is Exactly the point.

Revisionists never believe what history tells them - that is not the function of revisionism. The function of revisionism is to use arrogance, ignorance and the desire to assume knowledge where none exists into a basis from which to attack others.
Whatever I had sent you, you would have assumed was a lie. Because that's who you are, that's how you work.

So by sending you a mix of fact and fiction, I knew you would also assume the factual elements to also be fiction.

It's not hard, really.


You mean a bit like claiming your Lebanese ancestry gives your argument greater worth because of your ethnicity no matter how flawed your argument may be.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 am

OK so can this one now go to "Famous Dishes"?

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:48 am

I love that "rabid dog" simile. Apparently anyone who calls Soda on his bullshit and other assorted lies is a rabid dog whereas Soda's faux-history is perfectly acceptable as a source to support a flawed argument. I guess we are all "rabid dogs" against Soda.

PMs will be forthcoming, through one means or the other....
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:22 am

I think you should share the PMs with as many posters as possible. Then everyone should repost them as often as possible. That way the mods can practice their urge to sag posts in a non-destructive manner. Worst case scenario, they ban half of the board.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 am

macunaima wrote:I think you should share the PMs with as many posters as possible. Then everyone should repost them as often as possible. That way the mods can practice their urge to sag posts in a non-destructive manner. Worst case scenario, they ban half of the board.


Either that or PM them here or on LP. Nobody can stop me posting on here a PM I received over there.................

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm

This thread now should be promoted to Famous Dishes. Also, it should be remembered as the spark that set off the revolution, baby!
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

nexus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2502
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by nexus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:55 pm

umm..wasn't this deleted??
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
-------------------------------------------------------
There is no more fail safe.

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Yup, it was deleted...for a while. Looks like popular demand prodded the offending mod (who will remain nameless) into resurrecting it.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18782
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 pm

A mod deleted this thread?

Which one was it and when are they resigning?

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:24 am

these are the pms that soda passed on to ego in dc. enjoy.

Quote:
Perhaps he could outline for us what it's like to be persecuted


Yes, I could.

One member of my family was told his wife would be gang raped by militia if he didn't inform on his students. He didn't - she was.

Just out of curiosity - how funny do you find this stuff?

You have my permission to post this.

soda
************************************

No, they weren't.

I was born in Tighina/Bendery, Moldova. My family fled the Transnistrian fighting, after some of my cousins were sent to Siberia by Breshnev. You may recall I travel quite frequently to this part of the world to see family who are still in Tiraspol and Chisinau.

My father was killed, but my mother and 2 brothers live in NZ as refugees. I lived in NZ for a few years, but have never had a NZ passport.

Moe can confirm this.

Hilarious isn't it? I hope you get a lot of laughs out of this.

soda
********************************

In all honesty, I an, I am fairly sickened by this. And I am not kidding. Not at all.

My father died in Bendery in 1992 - I'm happy to show you photographs of his grave if you wish. Give me your email address, and I'll email it to you.

Yes, I have an anglo name - all of my family changed our names when we fled. I was born with my current first name, but the last is a translation from the Moldovan. No my site doesn't mention I'm a nigger, because of people like you who hate foreigners.

Why should I have to explain the reasons behind my family's suffering just for your entertainment?

How can be so insensitive as to make jokes about the death of my father?

If you won't given an email address, I will post pictures of his grave and I will expect a response.

You have really crossed a line here, Ian. To me, this is no better than Chachi asking for proof btravens wife was dead.

soda
***************************************

Yes, I do believe it, and I assume you know it's true too.

Ian, I am 100% serious when I say I am sickened and disgusted by what you have written here today.

Really - I'd never thought you'd sink to this.

I'll post the pics.

soda
*************************************

The first picture is my fathers grave. It is taken in Tighina Cemetary.

The second picture is the memorial to the fallen of Tighina, erected not so long ago, and one of the reasons I last went back.

Congratulations, Ian - I'd never thought any poster would sink to making jokes about the dead.
*********************************************

Ask anyone who has been to NZ if it looks like NZ - it looks nothing like it. Nor do NZ graves use pieces of steel for headstones.

If you enlarge the text on the memorial you can see it is not written in English. I'll post another pic where the text is clearer.

I'm going to give you a day or two to consider this, and to ask yourself how far you want the conflict to go. Forget the Balkan Wars - these are the Carpathian Wars - older, and nastier, and in which you seem keen to join.

I'd never break the law nor place yourself or family in any harm, nor do I bear you anyt ill willl, but you clearly find the suffering of my family a cause for great amusement, and think nothing of attacking my career, nationality and education. In which case, why would I even consider not fighting the same war?

Again - you have no idea what you have done, nor did you even think why a Transnitrian/Moldovan might not include that info on his website.

What happens next is entirely up to you.
************************************************

I'm not going to do anything until I have a clearer statement of intent from you.

I'm not a fan of going after peoples personal life, and I'll only do it if I feel I have no other way of indicating to you quite how much damage and hurt you've caused.

I'm looking for you to acknowledge that you've done something utterly unconscionable here, even if you may have done so largely out of ignorance.

Don't even think you can sidestep this and it will go away.
**************************************************

Laugh away, Ian, laugh away.

At any point I'd be happy to post proof of that - my price is that you leave the forum forever.

Let me know when you are up for it.

David
**************************************************

Ian -

As I said - when you muster the balls to put it to the test - let me know.

David
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

User avatar
pauldeba
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:26 pm

Post by pauldeba » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:37 am

Like most normal people, I can't be arsed to read 99% of this garbage. But some logical inconsistencies appear:

Ian is usually logically challenged and is also bombastic and not diplomatic

Soda isn't logically challenged and some times quite clever

Soda then plays the part of Greg Brady and gives the phony playbook to Marcia's boyfriend (played by Ian). I'll take Soda and the points on this one.
2000-2009 New England Patriots - Undisputed Team of the Decade

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 am

At this time of crisis let's not forget this gem.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

User avatar
Cogito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by Cogito » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 am

I'm still waiting for the "who cares" option to win out.
ergo... um...

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Nope, no one cares - Soda didn't prove he was a Moldovan nor that his father was buried in Moldova. And therefore, he didn't get the prize he cherished so much: Ian "leaving the Stew forever."

And no, Soda, don't worry about renegging on your part of the bet to leave forever. I think we'd like to keep you around here as our gimp.

Case closed.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Hey Eric, that means you can file this away in Famous Dishes now, not sag it!
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Did you manage "to post proof of that - [my] price is that you leave the forum forever," Soda? HAHAHAHAHA. Sure, you were trolling me all along.

Face it, Gimp, you were pimp-slapped like a two dollar 'ho. Take your licks and move on.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside
Posts: 6162
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:36 am

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Ah, you mean like you did after you tried to fake Google search results?


You're posting this outright lie again?
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

User avatar
Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord
Posts: 7853
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Ian_in_DC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Using "an outright lie" and Soda in the same statement, IHSS, is a bit redundant, n'est pas?

Soda, can you provide proof positive that there is such a thing as latent psychosis of the extreme variety? I thought not - it's an oxymoron.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

User avatar
i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside
Posts: 6162
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:36 am

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Results 1 - 10 of about 81,500 English and Finnish pages for extreme latent psychosis


For the slightly more dumb among us, and not of your lofty intellect, could you post the first ten results and where the words extreme, latent and psychosis appear? (Italics and bold would be appreciated)
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

User avatar
Cogito
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by Cogito » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Oh my god... it's happening again...
ergo... um...

User avatar
macunaima
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by macunaima » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Cogito wrote:Oh my god... it's happening again...



MOMMMMMMYYYYY MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Post Reply