No
28%

Total votes: 40

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:53 pm

mutha is fixing
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

blueeyes_austin
Blue Eyed Devil

Post by blueeyes_austin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:11 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:Really? You don't have alumni websites over there? They've been replaced a bit by things like Facebook, but they have their uses.

You do realize that the alumni office is not related to the registrar's office, right?
"We shall cause a distortionary response in US fiscal policy! God is great! God is great!"--Electrolyte channeling the 9/11 hijackers

joeyramone
Stew Ingredient

Post by joeyramone » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:14 pm

blueeyes_austin wrote:
Soda 2.0 wrote:Really? You don't have alumni websites over there? They've been replaced a bit by things like Facebook, but they have their uses.

You do realize that the alumni office is not related to the registrar's office, right?

Tom from "myspace" gave Soder his diploma.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:05 pm

UYG

As soon as Soda admits that resume on the ESL board is his and he posted it himself, I will apologize to him for posting the link. But if it isn't his (as per his denial), then there really is not point in contrition: He was just trolling us all along.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Can we get this bad boy to a nice round 500?

YES WE CAN!

STOP E-REICH!

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 pm

So, who did soda get banned? It looks as though his holocaust denying buddy rosie is still around today. Surely he wasn't lying about that too?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Rosie Redux
Stew Ingredient

Post by Rosie Redux » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

the pm system is creaking under the weight of Soda's complaints to the moderators.

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 pm

What could Soda whine about? I mean, that wasn't his resume and he didn't post it - it was all a crude (and easily discredited) hoax. He was laughing about it in this thread.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

nexus
Stew Ingredient

Post by nexus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:20 pm

So ummm...what's the conclusion here? I am still woefully confused :)
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
-------------------------------------------------------
There is no more fail safe.

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Conclusion? We're nowhere NEAR a conclusion yet.

It's all kind of grey, not black and white, so far.
ergo... um...

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Isn't it time there was an Ian and Soda branch, so I don't have to wade through all the stuff about cars and crushes to get my Dosa and the Dwarf fix?
I want my fucking money back

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:35 pm

candy is dandy but... wrote:Isn't it time there was an Ian and Soda branch

We could replace the Politics branch with a all-Sodian affair. I think it's probably more relevant to the board.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:38 pm

We're using the politics branch. Why don't you give them the scavenger hunt branch to play in.

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Dallan wrote:We're using the politics branch. Why don't you give them the scavenger hunt branch to play in.

And lose the scavenger hunt? 'Swounds, man, never!

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:41 pm

C'mon - it only takes a few keystrokes to create a new branch, doesn't it? No need to sacrifice anything else.

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:43 pm

I like it - a "Soda and I" reality show. We could watch Soda try to lecture the audience on Derrida and "Despot Theory" and me laugh hysterically at the absurdity of it.

Someone call Fox, stat!

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Given the way the poll is going I would say that the jury is coming down on Ian's side. Unless they want Ian to leave.
ergo... um...

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Cogito wrote:Given the way the poll is going I would say that the jury is coming down on Ian's side. Unless they want Ian to leave.

The game is already over and the bet has been won. Soda was trounced although I rescinded my demand that Soda leave forever. As a matter of fact, I've demanded that Soda stay so he can remain my PS bee-YOTCH in perpetuity.

Oh man, every time I reread those Moldovan PM's, I crack up out loud.

coolraja_singh
Stew Ingredient

Post by coolraja_singh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:17 am

Is Sodas haveing job in Singapore yets?
I think he is goodie man teacher.
Hai!
RAJA SINGH TREKS AND TOURS PVT.
contact mefor treks and
tours
coolraja_singh@rediffmail.com
Raja Singh is Facebooks now,sir and ladies!

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Soda, this "I was just trolling you all along" excuse is well past it's use-by date. You've employed this tactic multiple times when you were backed into a corner and discovered to have lied because of your ignorance on any given subject.

So if you were just "trolling me all along," do I have your permission to post these PM's, my wacky little Moldovan friend? Even the one where you claimed you could prove it and if so, I would have to leave PS forever? Please? Pretty please with sugar on it, dear?

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Soda, do I have your permission to post your amusing, "trolling" PMs to me? Come on, wouldn't you have a laugh by revisiting these gems? So do I have your permission? Why are you dodging the question?

Soda?

Soda?

evo_morales
Stew Ingredient

Post by evo_morales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Ian, do you have any evidence that Soda is lying, a simple yes or no should settle this.

I suspect you will squirm over this question though, 3.2.1........

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Soda, do I have your permission to post your amusing, "trolling" PMs to me? Come on, wouldn't you have a laugh by revisiting these gems where you "trolled" me? So do I have your permission? Why are you dodging the question?

Soda?

Soda?

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:13 pm

You could find somebody with a disposable troll handle and have them post the PMs, then you could quote the troll posts before the banning/censoring occurs. I think I still have Gold_Bond around here somewhere.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

evo_morales
Stew Ingredient

Post by evo_morales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:35 pm

evo_morales wrote:Ian, do you have any evidence that Soda is lying, a simple yes or no should settle this.

I suspect you will squirm over this question though, 3.2.1........

three, two, one, zeeeerrrrrrrrro! Ian bottles it. Superb.

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:05 pm

section8 wrote:You could find somebody with a disposable troll handle and have them post the PMs, then you could quote the troll posts before the banning/censoring occurs. I think I still have Gold_Bond around here somewhere.

That's a good option, although I want to see if Soda ever responds with a yes or no. So far, he's been dodging the question since he'll be embarrassed by these "trolling" PMs.

evo_morales
Stew Ingredient

Post by evo_morales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:
section8 wrote:You could find somebody with a disposable troll handle and have them post the PMs, then you could quote the troll posts before the banning/censoring occurs. I think I still have Gold_Bond around here somewhere.

That's a good option, although I want to see if Soda ever responds with a yes or no. So far, he's been dodging the question since he'll be embarrassed by these "trolling" PMs.

Zeeeerrrrroooooo, Ian is staggering like a drunken bear in a boxing ring..........

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:01 pm

evo_morales wrote:Zeeeerrrrroooooo, Ian is staggering like a drunken bear in a boxing ring..........

I'll acknowledge you, since no one else will, Dave.

Roger that?
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Maybe Dave is experiencing "extreme latent psychosis" and this is a desperate plea for help. Or it could just be the fear of realizing all these delusional PMs have backfired on him.

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Good lord. This is like a neighbour dispute. It never ceased to amaze me how two people could look at the same facts and come to diametrically opposed opinions.

Anyway, very entertaining; almost like Kafka.
ergo... um...

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Excellent.
Will somebody turn into a beetle now please?

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Believe it or not, they set a bit from that Kafka text as last year's previously unseen reading for the nation's 13 year olds. Good, eh? Aside from the fact that it's an English exam and Kafka is not English...
ergo... um...

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:35 pm

So what if they were testing English comprehension?

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:11 pm

As I say, that is just aside. At the age of 13 I don't think anyone should be asked to read and understand Kafka. The board did apologise afterwards.
ergo... um...

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm

At the age of 13 I don't think anyone should be asked to read and understand Kafka.

Really? I'd have said there was something in Metamorphosis for many levels.
(Making it a good exam piece to get a spread of results)

What did the kids make of it?

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Reading results last year were not good. The kids all thought it was about an insect. They didn't have the word "metamorphosis" to help them to understand at all what it was about. Very few of them got the idea of it being any kind of transformation.

English SATs are completely pointless anyway; the skills they test are rather artificial.
ergo... um...

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 pm

(the remark about his being English is largely because the GCSE exam doesn't allow us to use things that were not originally in English, even though I would quite like to).
ergo... um...

candy is dandy but...
Stew Ingredient

Post by candy is dandy but... » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Are Eng Lit and Eng Lang still taught and examined separately? I don't see any problem with a good translation for teaching language.

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:14 pm

UYG.

Still waiting for Soda to give me permission to post his PMs. I'd think he'd jump at the opportunity to prove how brilliant his "trolling me all along" really was.

Cogito
Stew Ingredient

Post by Cogito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Lit and Lang are taught separately, yes. (Now called English, and English Literature).

In theory you can use an occasional translation piece so long as you supplement it with a piece from a list of pre-1914 Anglophone authors. In practice, few do, because it is extra work.
ergo... um...

Disco_Stu
Stew Ingredient

Post by Disco_Stu » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:24 pm

This is just a sidenote to the main event here, but one thing about soda's resume is that he lists a year or so as a volunteer on a kibbutz in Israel. No other work experience in Israel, just the kibbutz volunteer stint.

Which is funny, because I could swear I remember soda claiming he had some sort of real job when he was in Israel. But of course, that was when he was a more active participant in the Israel threads and he needed to have been more than just a volunteer in order for his posts to project the requisite authority.
He needed to be better than the rest of us mere kibbutz volunteers in order to take the moral high ground he's accustomed to taking in any discussion.
Hence, he lied about his backgrouind. As usual.

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 am

Ian_in_DC wrote:UYG.

Still waiting for Soda to give me permission to post his PMs. I'd think he'd jump at the opportunity to prove how brilliant his "trolling me all along" really was.

Why is Soda avoiding this question? He seems quite proud of them elsewhere....

They were rather good if I say so myself - just the right mix of the fantastic and the perfectly mundane that I could be sure he'd laugh at it - but also secretly suspect it might be true.

STOP E-REICH!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:38 am

Soda 2.0 wrote:Maca -

Ian's claim is that I have posted contradictory material about my bio.

I know he can not back that up, ever, because it simply isn't true.

And surprise, surprise - he knows he can't either.

Christ, once when Bandra PMed me to tell me I knew nothing about Lebanon, I PMed him that I was Lebanese and it shut him up for months. Fabulous stuff, which I'm sure Bandra would be happy to confirm.

This is of course a lie, I have never initiated PM correspondence with Soda and nor would I in the future. However, I did correct soda about something to do with Lebanon and he sent me the usual bollox PM this time claiming authority because of his Lebanese birth etc. Quite how being from somewhere makes you an expert on that place is beyond me.

Soda lies- we all know this and he clearly lies on an anonymous internet bulletin board to compensate for his real life inadequacies. We should pity him but this being the Stew it is much more fun to bait him for his obvious shortcomings.

Dealing with the substance of the OP, to me it is perfectly clear that Soda may not have a New Zealand passport-either it expired or he disclaimed his NZ nationality. Does Finland have a law about number of other nationalities? Either way he was recognised by the NZ Govt as an NZ citizen at birth according to the NZ laws posted by Shoes. I can see how it would be quicker and cheaper for a UK citizen to get a NZ visa rather than get a new NZ passport that has limited utility.

I have to say Soda not being a graduate is very amusing given his intellectual pretensions and not at all unlikely given his often confused and fuzzy thinking.

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 am

Wellpisser wrote:I can see how it would be quicker and cheaper for a UK citizen to get a NZ visa rather than get a new NZ passport that has limited utility.

Makes sense.

Can you explain why Soda doesn't want his PMs to Ian made public?

STOP E-REICH!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:53 am

macunaima wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:I can see how it would be quicker and cheaper for a UK citizen to get a NZ visa rather than get a new NZ passport that has limited utility.

Makes sense.

Can you explain why Soda doesn't want his PMs to Ian made public?

Oh thats easy, I went through this with soda on TPWDY when he was bombarding me with PMs claiming that I was Argon (and crossfire) as well as spamming the board with his claims. He would not give permission to post his PMs to me, either. I can't say I blame him, they were very, very weird. But in the end it was worth playing him along and getting him into a screaming frenzy and then getting posters who had met both Argon and I to attest to our differing ethnicities. First I said I'd get testimony about different hair colour-Soda said I might have dyed my hair. Then eye colour-Soda screamed colour contacts! Finally skin colour-and then even Soda had to admit that he had stalked Argon and myself for the best part of two years for no reason whatsoever.

Soda is a cunt. Whats new?

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:55 am

Soda is a cunt.

that too makes sense.

STOP E-REICH!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:00 am

Mac, you can have #500 if you want.

EasyElvis
Stew Ingredient

Post by EasyElvis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 am

Wellpisser wrote:Mac, you can have #500 if you want.

HA!