Roadwarrior thread locked?

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:point of order: do you need permission to post anything from modland? Don't recall any of that in any version of the TOS.

That is a good point though. I think you've stumbled on a loophole. Not surprising it exists though. When setting up the Mod's forum who would have thought someone would ever be anal enough to save threads from it.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:15 pm

mutha is fixing

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:34 pm

Misogynist stalker!

and cat tormenter.

Isn't torturing animals one of the sure signs of a sociopath/serial killer?

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:47 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:
Misogynist stalker!

and cat tormenter.

Isn't torturing animals one of the sure signs of a sociopath/serial killer?

Yes. Usually they start with insects, graduate to small rodents, then neighbourhood pets. Next step is heads in the freezer.

For some reason many people feel that cats don't count though.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:48 pm

mutha is fixing

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:13 pm

For your info: both your cats are psychotic and you are the reason.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:39 pm

mutha is fixing

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:41 pm

I don't let my cats out any more. My first cat got hit by a car and that was much more torture than my current pride endures. Their biggest stress is deciding whether to sleep in front of the fireplace or on my lap.

Lulu
Pain in the ass

Post by Lulu » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Maybe The Truth will be revealed through use of rebus puzzles.
Sleep with me wake up all night

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 pm

mutha is fixing

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Is Thoughtpolice the new Cowtown?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:19 pm

Go ahead and keep making jokes everyone. We're under a pretty ominous countdown here. The weekend deadline is fast approaching and the TOS are missing!

Fuck the cats, I'm finding a fallout shelter.

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:23 pm

Is Thoughtpolice the new Cowtown?

No.
I have a certified copy of The Log and he does not.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:29 pm

mutha is fixing

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Which weekend? Weekend for the Aussie, Euro or North American crew? I guess Jono and Mutha have some wiggle room for their doomsday. Should give them time to write out their wills.

I hope to Christ Mutha doesn't leave this place to me.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:53 pm

mutha is fixing

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 pm

My cats are not retarded, they are asleep. A lot. Nearly all the time, exept when they get up and act like cats instead of psycho wallbangers.

And I'm not mocking your lack of children, I'm exulting in it. The battered human gene pool is a tiny, tiny bit deeper........

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 pm

so i ask the forum, given that the ToS has been deleted, do i now have permission to post the modland discussions pertaining to this issue once and for all?

As has been pointed out and should be obvious to a long time poster, just because the TOS was accidentally pruned does mean there are suddenly no rules. I can understand perhaps a newbie accidentally breaking the rules, but you should know better. Anyway, I believe the mods have backup copies they'll be posting.

Modland discussions and PMs are private conversations and should stay that way. I don't see why they need to be posted, surely you can paraphrase the gist of them. As I've said, I definitely don't have perfect recollection of everything and your obsessively kept threads will probably shed some light. I am curious what you are so obviously upset about. Again.

joeyramone
Stew Ingredient

Post by joeyramone » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:04 pm

mutha is fixing
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 pm

1) You just made that bit up about modland stuff being private
2) I thought we could post PMs if we had the permission from the originator of the PM. Logically, the same would apply to modland threads. So , Zara you have my permission, for any threads where I am involved.

I do hope the modland rules are not applied as selectively as the posting of PM rules. Maybe Daejn could make something up on that too.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 pm

Yeah, I suppose if everyone agrees, that's ok. Personally I'd rather it not be posted as is otherwise my continual "Thoughtpolice is a cunt" statements will be made public.

And yeah, I suppose there is no written rule that says posts in modland should not be made public, but frankly I think that's common sense. In fact, IHSS and I deleted everything in modland before the last batch of mods came on for this very reason.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Modland stuff is private and for good reason. Mods have to be free to discuss members with the understanding that those members should expect those discussions to remain private. Every mod who's ever been given the job was assumed to be mature enough to understand that, so no TOS was written to cover it.

Copying those threads and threatening to post them is just the sort of irresponsible behavior that resulted in the blow up in there before.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:24 am

I don't wanna know how the sausage is made.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:39 am

still waiting on jon's permission.

Yeah, I suppose if everyone agrees, that's ok.

just to be clear, whom do you mean by 'everyone'?

and are off-site IM remarks also permissable?

i don't want to take the time to post and have the mods use it against me by finally getting the excuse for a banning some of them would dearly love to have.

my c&ps will be restricted to the issue surrounding manos and the modland upheaval. i will respectfully avoid reposting any comments or details that would compromise someone's privacy, etc.

I don't see why they need to be posted, surely you can paraphrase the gist of them.

it's pretty obvious, is it not? this is once again turning into a trial by fire and it doesn't matter what i or shmish have said, we're found guilty of crimes we did not commit while others betray us with their silence or twisted/half-truths and get off scot-free. the lies, myths and conspiracy theories surrounding the whole manos affair keep growing and getting more vindictive with each time this issue arises and it's time to lay it to rest with what exactly went on.

i realize that it's too much to expect everyone to use some objectivity and reason, and frankly, i really don't care what the lunatics and liars think - they've had their revisionist agenda from the beginning and this likely won't stop it completely, but the bs is now starting to affect the re-telling by those who should know better.

for anyone who is in fact interested in the truth, i will provide what i can with honesty and as much detail as is necessary to give proper context to the issue. it ain't going to happen over-night, i can tell you that much.

I am curious what you are so obviously upset about.

where within my detached and virtual lack of involvement above, is it obvious that i'm "upset"? while i most certainly do have good cause to be angered by the pack of lies and attacks above, i'm not actually. they're bs is becoming all too predictable. and i'm just fed up and resigned to the fact that it doesn't matter what i say anymore, b/c these circular arguments wind up going nowhere and the tireless, obsessive screamers inevitably get away with their "lynching" (cow's own word and intent wrt to me), while others get elbowed out of the thread, remain understandably uninvolved or start believing those perpetual lies.

showing ppl what actually went down may be far more convincing than trying to defend myself against the BS. we all know where that lead in the massively unresolved, twisted airconditioning thread.

~

speaking of which, would pez mind posting or forwarding me those "cliffnotes" she's supposed to have send by PM to others as stated earlier on this or the other roadwarrior thread. interesting.
Last edited by zara on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:49 am

just to be clear, whom do you mean by 'everyone'?

Everyone on the thread. And to be clear, I don't want my posts or PMs posted here. For that matter, modland posts shouldn't be posted at all. Dallan clearly states it and I see it the same way.

this is once again turning into a trial by fire and it doesn't matter what i or shmish have said

I don't even know what you're talking about. If people's recollections are wrong, just say so and post what you're talking about. What is the BS you are talking about?

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:53 am

muthafunky wrote:Yeah, I suppose if everyone agrees, that's ok.

And to be clear, I don't want my posts or PMs posted here.

your modland comments and pms will be paraphrased then.

but the question remains, can i post manos' and other's comments in modland?

(off for the evening, pop in tomorrow but might not be around this weekend as we're taking off. course they have wireless there, but i have better things to do)
Last edited by zara on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:00 am

I would say no, but it's not like I'm going to ban you or something. You should just give your side of things like everyone else does.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:35 am

zara wrote:....

it doesn't matter what i say anymore, b/c these circular arguments wind up going nowhere and the tireless, obsessive screamers inevitably get away with their "lynching" (cow's own word and intent wrt to me), while others get elbowed out of the thread, remain understandably uninvolved or start believing those perpetual lies.

Frankly my dear, I don't think anyone really cares all that much. It's all water under the bridge now and people have moved on. And as you said yourself, it doesn't matter what you say or post, people will believe what they want to believe. I wouldn't waste my time on people who are determined to think the worst regardless.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:55 am

It was fun badgering RoadWarrior a bit on this thread but I am not interested whatsoever anymore in "the plan", "the log", or "the coup".

Annie wrote:I don't wanna know how the sausage is made.

Quite right.

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:29 am

I much prefer cowtown's version of "the truth".
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

joeyramone
Stew Ingredient

Post by joeyramone » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:33 am

macunaima wrote:I much prefer cowtown's version of "the truth".

you would.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 am

I'm surprised you don't.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:51 am

AnnieOakley wrote:I don't wanna know how the sausage is made.

Would yah like ta know what's inside?

Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 am

I'll be perfectly honest in saying that I don't really agree with cow on much of anything but he seems to be hitting the nail squarely on the head with his take on what went down.

zara,

I've tried to be open minded with you and I've tried to accept you as a poster but your consistent shit stirring has once again gone to far.

You need to take good long look in the mirror and see if there is anything you can do as a poster to help bring this situation to an end instead of fanning the flames of this never ending feud.

Drunk moderating, coup attempts, and general acts of douchebaggery have lead everyone to their conclusions. You need to come clean and admit your role in trying to bring down the Stew.

Belch.
Haters wanna hate.

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:46 am

speaking of which, would pez mind posting or forwarding me those "cliffnotes" she's supposed to have send by PM to others as stated earlier on this or the other roadwarrior thread. interesting.

Huh? Honestly I'm not recalling what you're referring to.

For the record:

- I'm with 'nita, what happened then is all water over the bridge or dam or something. But I understand and I suppose respect how this is still an important topic for those who were involved at the time.

- It would really not be good to post old modland stuff. That's a violation of the trust of all the participants at the time. The only exception to me would be if you got permission of every single person who posted on it.

It's just like posting PMs -- in the modroom, there's an expectation of privacy. If everything were wide open, we'd really have to move to email to discuss any actions planned or taken.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:52 am

It's just like posting PMs -- in the modroom, there's an expectation of privacy. If everything were wide open, we'd really have to move to email to discuss any actions planned or taken.

zara doesn't care. As long as she can push her Moonbat agenda where she is always seen as the victim it's all good.
Haters wanna hate.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:01 am

zara wrote:but the question remains, can i post manos' and other's comments in modland?

You got permission from Manos and "others" to post all their comments?

pezworld wrote:Huh? Honestly I'm not recalling what you're referring to.

Men in white uniforms with the big net time I think.

q5qreloaded
Stew Ingredient

Post by q5qreloaded » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 am

well, this thread illustrates as so few do why a toilet branch, whatever, is essential.

*flush*

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:06 am

incognita wrote:Frankly my dear, I don't think anyone really cares all that much. It's all water under the bridge now and people have moved on.

Seconded / thirded / whatever'd.

The only people who care now are those with a particular agenda. For everybody else, it's so long ago to be completely meaningless.

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 am

joeyramone wrote:
easily the creepiest post I've ever seen. If it wasn't on the computer, it would have been in crayon or made by cutting up headlines, like they do with ransom notes.

:lol: Actually, I shouldn't laugh at that as it may be closer to the truth.

As for modland discussion, if there is to be a "history" of the stew as someone mentioned on the chat branch, why not put them up? Lot of weird comments zing back and forth occassionally from those in the know that go over the head of the others. I still never really understood who Manos was and how he got involved with this exiled community. Granted most of it's probably dull as dishwater but then again some history is. Some of it could be good popcorn-crunching feudin' stuff, though - well, I can dream, can't I?
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:03 pm

incognita wrote:It's all water under the bridge now and people have moved on.

Not everyone, it would seem.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:08 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:Would yah like ta know what's inside?

After brief conversations with a few ex-mods, no, I don't. I'd wig out after the first dozen whining/whinging PMs.

AntiEverything
Stew Ingredient

Post by AntiEverything » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Some people really need to move on.

Pathetic revisionism by most of the key players it would seem.

Anyway

Thought I would just echo the sentiments regarding Mutha. The Stews best asset.
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:31 pm

The Lying Cunt wrote:
incognita wrote:Frankly my dear, I don't think anyone really cares all that much. It's all water under the bridge now and people have moved on.

Seconded / thirded / whatever'd.

The only people who care now are those with a particular agenda. For everybody else, it's so long ago to be completely meaningless.

Well that is both a quorum AND a majority vote then.
Daejn, incognita and pez have all insisted that what happened is "completely meaningless", water under the bridge and pointless.

So they could not possibly be in any way perturbed if Zara or any other person posted anything from way back when. Pointless and inconsequential after all.....

Surely any claims of 'pathetic revisionism' would be cleared up by the actual record of the actual words leading to the actual actions of the people involved?

I expect this thread is very close to being locked or disappeared.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:10 pm

Tcop. I wasn't involved in anything that went down back then, neither was Pez (and I don't think Daejn either) and it hasn't been a topic of conversation until you came back. To me, that would indicate that people weren't all that concerned about it anymore.

And, as I said before, and as you should know, people believe what they want to believe. All of the "evidence" is only electronic bits, that can be easily modified, and even if it's not altered, people are going to claim it is.

And, in the larger scale of things, it is completely meaningless and utterly pointless. Big waste of time to rehash who said and did what.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:17 pm

mutha is fixing

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:19 pm

So, you have no argument with Zara or anybody else posting anything, because it is meaningless?
Good choice, and of course people can do what they always do when a topic does not interest them: skip the thread.

Hasn't been a topic of conversation until I came back? Maybe you'd like to rethink that one, or are you referring to my comments about the Lying Cunt, which was a different time and topic? If it hasn't been a topic of conversation, why have several people here said they are sick of it? If it is a big waste otf time, then exercise your option not to care. Seems pretty easy.

And modifying information can be done on any topic, any time.

Thanks for confirming that you do not oppose the posting of....anything.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:20 pm

Tcop save yourself! At least get under a tree...oh wait, you're in Alberta, no trees. Umm, pigbarn have a good roof?

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:25 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Hasn't been a topic of conversation until I came back? Maybe you'd like to rethink that one, or are you referring to my comments about the Lying Cunt, which was a different time and topic? If it hasn't been a topic of conversation, why have several people here said they are sick of it? If it is a big waste otf time, then exercise your option not to care. Seems pretty easy.

It's my understanding this thread is about the breakdown of the task force and the subsequent departure of the Greeks, no?

I'm still waiting for you to justify my new moniker of "the Lying Cunt". If you can do so, I'll gladly change my handle over to that sobriquet.