25 years of fixing air conditioners...

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

halo
Stew Ingredient

Post by halo » Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm

The log has left the building and is now living with Elvis in trailer park somewhere in America.

Cowtown is it true that the sequel to this topic will be called "25 years of whining"?

justinian
special sauce

Post by justinian » Mon May 01, 2006 9:07 pm

Flush!
The HOFF, people! Knight Fuckin' RIDER right in the reclining chair section!! -- nettie

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Billet
Iron Orchid

Post by Billet » Mon May 01, 2006 9:27 pm

mutha is fixing
'You haven't lived until you have married, raised a son, and dug a well. I've done all three.'
--Sarah Nettle, a 94 year-old Texan

GMT -6:00

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 pm

mutha is fixing
The official dr. manos
Accused of being: Greek, Catholic, bigot, racist, fascist, misogynist, a warmonger, a tree hugging hippy, a complete cunt, being related to Peter Andre and most recently: being the German administrator of GWD.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Trustigious

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon May 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Felix wrote:LOG!

So retarded it was funny. :lol:

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Tue May 02, 2006 12:16 am

I had planned to resign as a mod, indeed, if the group hadnt resigned, I would have gone by my self.

I did get a suprise when i saw the resignation notice had gone up, but it was always my intention to jump.
The war will be won by brains and on foot

Diplomacy is the ability to tell somebody to go to hell in such a way that they actualy look forward to the trip

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Tue May 02, 2006 12:54 am

Just o make it perfectly clear to anybody who gives a fuck, I was part of the group decision to quit, indeed, i was probably one of the leaders in the decision.

I dont intent to taken any furtur part in this thread

Diplomacy is the ability to tell somebody to go to hell in such a way that they actualy look forward to the trip

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Tue May 02, 2006 4:40 am

The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on.

If neurotics build castles in the sky, some of the people here must surely be the landlords :lol:

Thaires
Stew Ingredient

Post by Thaires » Tue May 02, 2006 5:09 am

Aside from the absolutely astonishingly assinine behavior of the Crusader for Truth and Justice and absurd pomposity of the vast majority of what Cowtown is doing/has done on this thread and others, he has repeatedly fabricated things without any basis other than his own assumptions or imagination, ignored facts, and distorted the truth.

And Manos has done some distorting too. The most recent example:

b) It contained the signatures of people that DID NOT WISH TO RESIGN, and hadn't given consent to that supposedly 'unanimous' resignation.

c) The unanimous character of the resignation, as well as it's being spread around to create drama, was an attempt to justify zara's and shmish's resignation and chickening out of the situation they'd created.

The above is simply untrue. Jono and I had privately discussed resigning (something we had come to independently first) but both of us felt obligated to not abandon the other Mods or the board in a time of trouble. Then when the idea was discussed that the Mod Teams remaining would perhaps do more harm than good -- not because of ineptitude or any misdeeds on our part but because of the climate of the board and the loss of faith in us -- I posted an OP suggesting we discuss a mass resignation. I specifically said we should only do so if it was indeed the best thing for the board. I also said it should be all of us or it would be ineffective. The only people who didn't agree were people who were willing to resign themselves but didn't want others of us to resign. They eventually agreed to the proposed action as well.

Neither Jono or I were around at the time the announcement went up -- as a matter of fact I believe at that time we may have both been at my son's bedside in the ICU. I too was surprised that the announcement went up when it did -- only because I had suggested that everyone consider it carefully and I rather suspected that people might decide not to quit after all -- but 1) I had already posted my total agreement with resigning if everyone agreed 2) everyone had agreed 3) I never felt that the Mods had to wait for me/us to be around to take action --especially as they had not been informed of my absence or its cause.

I'm almost certainly not ever going to go back and point out all the things that are completely false or not entirely accurate -- if someone thinks I should back up what I've just said: tough shit. Sue me. I spent years on these boards being, if not always pleasant and certainly not always a pleasure to read, what I think is a pretty scrupulously fair debater and a poster of integrity -- but as I very well may not ever be an active member of 'the community' again, I don't feel compelled to do anything other than post this and walk away. Feel free to decry this action all you want.

This thread is entertaining in how utterly stupid so much of it is and how ridiculous all the drama is; not to mention some of the peole who rightfully make jokes out of it all...but frankly, to me, some of this thread is rather repulsive too.

[edited to add the word "both"]
Last edited by Thaires on Tue May 02, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rosie Macleod
Stew Ingredient

Post by Rosie Macleod » Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 am

Is resigning actually the correct word to be used in this context? How about "stop doing it", "can't be bothered", "hand over the task".

I mean resigning sounds so grandiose.

What was the principle that was at stake here. As I have no doubt the "motion" or "resolution" that was "signed" by the "resigning" mods must have been very eloquent.

Are we lesser lights entitled to a peak?

To hell with The Log, hand over the Resignation Post.
Birdlite:"but i can understand. not everyone has had the fortunate experiences that i have had, such as working with jane goodall."
Wellp: "I have an early morning dive off Coogee Beach up to the water nature reserve in Bronte"
"

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 am

I hope your boy is feeling better.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Thaires
Stew Ingredient

Post by Thaires » Tue May 02, 2006 5:27 am

Rosie: I cordially invite you to fuck off. Or don't. I told you a long time ago that I wasn't interested in playing with you (and in fact I was rather impressed by how you didn't even try with me anymore). Don't know why you are doing it now but it's a waste of time.

Doesn't matter what you post, I seriously doubt I'll ever be interested, given your obvious intent.

S8: Thank you very much. He is.

Rosie Macleod
Stew Ingredient

Post by Rosie Macleod » Tue May 02, 2006 5:35 am

Rosie: I cordially invite you to fuck off. Or don't. I told you a long time ago that I wasn't interested in playing with you (and in fact I was rather impressed by how you didn't even try with me anymore). Don't know why you are doing it now but it's a waste of time.

Well, it wasn't particularly addressed to you.

In anycase let me assure you, even if we are never shown the Resignation Post that was "signed" by all, I will take it as read that it was a model of decorum and nobility.

Though I guess if someone really prides himself on debating fair he should avoid bringing somewhat extraneous family matters into such discussions.

I don't suppose Manos or anyone else have any particular involvement in what happens in your personal life.
Birdlite:"but i can understand. not everyone has had the fortunate experiences that i have had, such as working with jane goodall."
Wellp: "I have an early morning dive off Coogee Beach up to the water nature reserve in Bronte"
"

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Tue May 02, 2006 5:49 am

Rosie,what a nasty person you are.I hope for your sake that it's an act

Thaires- ditto what s8 said.It can be an incredibly stressful time and I'm glad everything turned out OK

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Tue May 02, 2006 5:51 am

LOG is very similar to ZOG.
There are no coincidences.

Rosie Macleod
Stew Ingredient

Post by Rosie Macleod » Tue May 02, 2006 6:18 am

Rosie,what a nasty person you are.I hope for your sake that it's an act

Quite genuine I am afraid.

I do think Thaires was rather unnecessarily bringing personal matters into this particularly thread - which lets face it had already developed a rather unpleasant tone.

I am just that kind of nasty minded person. (At lets be honest, the good opinion of you and your bonobo researching friend is not something I value).

Still looking forward to seeing the Great Resignation Post, to hell with the Log.
"

crzypt
Incorrigible Testiclast

Post by crzypt » Tue May 02, 2006 6:48 am

Rosie Macleod wrote:I do think Thaires was rather unnecessarily bringing personal matters into this particularly thread

It has direct bearing on why he was unavailable at the time

At least some people around here have their priorities in order....

thaires,
Glad to hear that your son is doing better
I yam what I yam....except when I'm a sweet potato

davebt
Stew Ingredient

Post by davebt » Tue May 02, 2006 6:58 am

Thaires

I too am glad your son is feeling better. These are the important things in life.

You know I haven't been following this thread, it seemed too 'clannish' the 'in- jokes' were flying around, and having not been a party to the great melt-down I left it all alone.
And then I saw Thaires had posted, so I came to check- and that is my point.

I don't always agree with thaires, at times I think we are off at tangents and even unable to comminicate in a similar language. However there has never been anything I have felt for Thaires but respect. He is one of those posters that you check to see what he has said and it will be well reasoned, logical and to the point. Some posters when you see they have posted do not draw you in, Thaires does, it is as simple as that, you enter a thread to see what he has to say, and whatever the reason is he is not posting any more the board is cheapened for it, and its lost some value.

i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue May 02, 2006 7:13 am

All that Thaires and Jono have said above regarding the resignation post, is to the best of my memory, correct.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Tue May 02, 2006 7:13 am

As I have no doubt the "motion" or "resolution" that was "signed" by the "resigning" mods must have been very eloquent.

Are we lesser lights entitled to a peak?

Whereas in the course of human affairs history has shown that it may become necessary for a people to resolve the political affiliations which have connected them with another people and to assume amongst other nations the separate and equal status to which they are entitled:

And whereas in such event a respect for the opinions of mankind requires them to declare to other nations the causes which impel them to assume full responsibility for their own affairs:

Now therefore, we, the Government of Rhodesia, do hereby declare:

That it is an indisputable and accepted historic fact that since 1923 the Government of Rhodesia have exercised the powers of self-government and have been responsible for the progress, development and welfare of their people;

That the people of Rhodesia having demonstrated their loyalty to the Crown and to their kith and kin in the United Kingdom and elsewhere through two world wars, and having been prepared to shed their blood and give of their substance in what they believed to be the mutual interests of freedom-loving people, now see all that they have cherished about to be shattered on the rocks of expediency;

That the people of Rhodesia have witnessed a process which is destructive of those very precepts upon which civilization in a primitive country has been built, they have seen the principles of Western democracy, responsible government and moral standards crumble elsewhere, nevertheless they have remained steadfast;

That the people of Rhodesia fully support the requests of their government for sovereign independence but have witnessed the consistent refusal of the Government of the United Kingdom to accede to their entreaties;

That the government of the United Kingdom have thus demonstrated that they are not prepared to grant sovereign independence to Rhodesia on terms acceptable to the people of Rhodesia, thereby persisting in maintaining an unwarrantable jurisdiction over Rhodesia, obstructing laws and treaties with other states and the conduct of affairs with other nations and refusing assent to laws necessary for the public good, all this to the detriment of the future peace, prosperity and good government of Rhodesia;

That the Government of Rhodesia have for a long period patiently and in good faith negotiated with the Government of the United Kingdom for the removal of the remaining limitations placed upon them and for the grant of sovereign independence;

That in the belief that procrastination and delay strike at and injure the very life of the nation, the Government of Rhodesia consider it essential that Rhodesia should attain, without delay, sovereign independence, the justice of which is beyond question;

Now therefore, we the Government of Rhodesia, in humble submission to Almighty God who controls the destinies of nations, conscious that the people of Rhodesia have always shown unswerving loyalty and devotion to Her Majesty the Queen and earnestly praying that we and the people of Rhodesia will not be hindered in our determination to continue exercising our undoubted right to demonstrate the same loyalty and devotion, and seeking to promote the common good so that the dignity and freedom of all men may be assured, do, by this proclamation, adopt enact and give to the people of Rhodesia the constitution annexed hereto;

God Save The Queen

Given under Our Hand at Salisbury this eleventh day of November in the Year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and sixty five.

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Tue May 02, 2006 7:14 am

Oh, she knows it's fucked up -why beat a stupid dead horse with this pious bullshit?

Particularly since so many unanswered questions continue to swirl around.....

First off, it was hell for me to log in today -coincidence?

And it occured to me that I was indeed logging in! I was in fact creating future data entries that would surely be stored in....in....a LOG. Assuming I actually bothered to look it up, Webster's Dictionary would probably define a log as compilation of technical data, for the purpose of keeping track of them.

It even turns out that there is a "log" inside my boiler where some technician has scribbled some gloopy lines of text, leaving behind a permanent record of whatever he had done to take 30 quid off of me. As I thought back over my work career (partic. that low-paid and uninspiring first two thirds), logs of various kinds seemed to abound. I must have left literally thousands of unloved log-entries in many a looseleaf binder in the off-chance that someone might care up the road.

Which begs the question: Is this space a unique and log-free environment? Literally log-less as our log-hording minders nervously and perfunctorilly claim? Is not the world of computer science one of the most log-riven of all? Is there not at least a log of the log-ins?

And how could Cowtown be given a log-kiss-off if in fact there was no log to deny him seeing? And why is he now gently tap-dancing away from the only smoking gun we have, claiming the log is of "secondary importance"? I beg to differ.

We have a scandal here either way:

Either there are logs and more logs that are hidden from the bright light of truth and manipulated by the few.

OR

There are not any logs at all and people have been cynically dangling pretend-logs to make the log-concerned jump and dance to no avail.

halo
Stew Ingredient

Post by halo » Tue May 02, 2006 8:42 am

21 'logs' in that last post....must be a record.....

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Tue May 02, 2006 12:04 pm

Thaires, very glad to hear that all is well with your son.

----------------------

Clearly, some people on this thread have utterly lost the plot.

Davebt wrote:Some posters when you see they have posted do not draw you in, Thaires does, it is as simple as that, you enter a thread to see what he has to say, and whatever the reason is he is not posting any more the board is cheapened for it, and its lost some value.

Agree wholeheartedly.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

milton
Your hero. Ram it

Post by milton » Tue May 02, 2006 1:52 pm

8 Pages?

Does nothing get old?

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue May 02, 2006 4:51 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Tue May 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Cowtow - put the glass dick down, REPEAT put it down. Go outside. Take a breath of fresh air. Look at the big, beautiful real world out there. Comprehend that PS is the make-believe world. Resume crack smoking.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Tue May 02, 2006 5:02 pm

What a fucking stupid cunt. You really ought to stop drinking the bongwater cowtown, you've precious few brain cells left to spare. I'd like to say that I'm eagerly awaiting the next brick of incomprehensible ranting text you throw down, but that got tired about seven pages ago.

Perhaps your posts are meant to be a kind of Rorschach test; if we print them out, will they give us clues as to exactly what form of psychosis afflicts you?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue May 02, 2006 5:30 pm

how cute thaires' bitch is here barking...

how dare I call the great master on his tough shit - so sue me

Do you ever tire of being so vapid?
Cheerleaders' cheers have better content than the moe show

guys it's logs not bricks

SubZeroCat
Cold Cat Korma

Post by SubZeroCat » Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm

Moethebartender wrote:What a fucking stupid cunt. ?

carefull cow, he has just smashed his appartment up and is coming after you with his handbag
Ian_in_DC and his Ego: "Holy crap, I am flabbergasted: Termite splled the word "incomprehensible" accurately. LOL to that uninntentional bit of irony.

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Tue May 02, 2006 7:39 pm

I still can't believe anyone can take this place so seriously.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Tue May 02, 2006 7:53 pm

Bestest thread ever?

Can we go to 10 pages?

So many log-questions remain dodged and unanswered and I can only fight these stonewalling windmills for so long -and the Thaires angle just isn't motivating me. The resignation-bit is by far the least compelling offshoot of this great story, that desparately wants telling and fighting about.

I hope Thaires will simply take it for granted that his son being healthy is held to be a great thing by all, including mad old Rosie, so we can get back to the entertainment portion of our show. We're veering into "very special episode"-status with that digression.

However, without some juicy log-bit soon, I may just wander away out of boredom.

How long can I be expected to flog the log without reinforcements? Really, where is the outrage on the Log-waffling?

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue May 02, 2006 8:06 pm

I still can't believe anyone can take this place so seriously.

Someone matching your desciption managed to have a bit of a sulk recently himself!

Seriously though, I'm glad that people do take this place so seriously - it makes for entertaining reading!
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Tue May 02, 2006 8:08 pm

simon, if I took the place seriously, I would've been too embarrassed to come back after my sulk.

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Tue May 02, 2006 8:16 pm

You guys seem just a little too sanguine on the whole log-issue for my tastes.

And what's with Cowtown and Zara gently tip-toe-ing away from their formerly fervent log-viewing demands?

Who got to them?

purplegemini
Irish Stew

Post by purplegemini » Tue May 02, 2006 8:25 pm

'log log log log log log log'

The more you say it, they funnier it sounds. Like the words 'bucket' and 'puddle'.
Blah blah blah

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue May 02, 2006 8:31 pm

How long can I be expected to flog the log without reinforcements?

I thought that's why you got married?

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Tue May 02, 2006 9:25 pm

Did Yoko Ono have anything to do with this whole resigning, breakup deal with the mods?

purplegemini
Irish Stew

Post by purplegemini » Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Hehehehe....classic.
Blah blah blah

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Tue May 02, 2006 9:48 pm

I think a black helicopter with muffled rotors carried the og away to a hollowed out mountain bunker, somwhere near Bumfuck, Nabraska..... sometime after, a CIA extrordinary rendition flight transported it via Prestwick to a covert airbase in Whogivesafuckistahn.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue May 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Billet
Iron Orchid

Post by Billet » Tue May 02, 2006 11:42 pm

{From March 3, 2006}

The current team of moderators are stepping down from their post.

We, unanimously, choose to do this as a group for the good of the community.

While we firmly believe that we've acted in good faith and have tried our best to run Political Stew according to the Terms Of Service it's quite obvious that we don't have the goodwill of the members. And without this goodwill it's impossible to do our job. And, if we're not able to do our job, the community suffers.

Please choose our replacements as soon as possible. Obviously, you may choose them however you desire. By taking volunteers, a vote, a draft... whatever the community chooses.

We will be happy to stay on for a few days during the transition to answer any questions the new moderators have. Also to hand over passwords.

When the new moderators feel comfortable, the current moderators will be stripped of our moderator access.

We sincerely hope this will help the community to move forward. Every one of us wants nothing more then to move past the current impass. And we very much want the stew not only to survive, but to thrive. If this is the only way to help further this cause, then we're happy to do it.

With great exception, it's been a privledge to serve you all as moderators of Political Stew. Here's hoping we can work to mend fences and heal wounds.

Thank you.

shmishmina
Thaires
zara
i_have_shiny_shoes
jono_in_adelaide
'You haven't lived until you have married, raised a son, and dug a well. I've done all three.'
--Sarah Nettle, a 94 year-old Texan

GMT -6:00

crzypt
Incorrigible Testiclast

Post by crzypt » Wed May 03, 2006 2:02 am

Yo' Cow!

Try rapping those equations over the top of the backbeat from JB's Funky Drummer

It's log-a-rhythmic!
I yam what I yam....except when I'm a sweet potato

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed May 03, 2006 7:37 pm

mutha is fixing

MrA
Stew Ingredient

Post by MrA » Wed May 03, 2006 7:59 pm

cowtown wrote:why do you fear the log?

it keeps giving me funny looks
Dwi 'r ddyn a stole 'r asgre chan 'r dywysoges

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:59 pm

I saw the log when I was in mod-land.

Why do you think I'm no longer a mod?
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Wed May 03, 2006 9:07 pm

cow, don't you dare give up on this thread.

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Wed May 03, 2006 9:17 pm

section8 wrote:I saw the log when I was in mod-land.

Why do you think I'm no longer a mod?

Surprising you're still alive!
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe