25 years of fixing air conditioners...

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:14 am

Good point, but this isn't helping cool things down for me!
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:15 am

Uh, the log, fascists?

PRODUCE THE LOG!!!

And where is Windmill figher numero-uno on the critical log-issue? Outa gas as usual. Thousands of words about god-knows-what, but not even able to basically loll his head around about that cover-up known as "The Log". It really is all about him, not the truth at all.

Roadwarrior was rebuffed on the log-thing.

Strangelove too.

Then Zara.

And now me, the consumate voice of reason.

Where is that tourettes-hippie blkrose to cut and paste by rote his tedious "and then they came for me"-bit again? I feel like I am beginning to walk a mile in his earth shoes.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:22 am

pezzie, I can relieve your tension.

btraven, what are you going on about. We already resolved the log issue.

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:30 am

Another imperious wave-off by our aloof minders.

Zara wants to see the log.

I want to see the log.

Cowtown wants to see the log (probably over and over again).

Others want to see the log.

PRODUCE THE LOG!!!

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:32 am

he's got it. bend over, soda.

trav, i'd need a few more coffees today to be that eager. i'm not that interested in outing someone who really did it by accident but was too shy to fess up ... seems pretty harsh, so personally, i'd love if manos would just drop the issue which is why i said put up or shut up. i'm interested though in knowing who caused the trouble to begin with, b/c i still have my suspicions, but i never wanted this to turn into a witch hunt if the person responsible did not do it intentionally. things righted themselves alright in the end but for the lame blame game.

Rosie Macleod
Stew Ingredient

Post by Rosie Macleod » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:52 am

Am I the only one here who thinks that the Log will reveal that Manos deleted himself (yes I know doodle has "confessed" to it. Ha! A confession that was wrung out of her in an attempt to protect Zara as she was well aware that Manos' stratagem was so Machaviallian that no one would ever believe her if she told them)

BTW
How did the statistician deal with his constipation?

He worked out his logs with a pencil.
Birdlite:"but i can understand. not everyone has had the fortunate experiences that i have had, such as working with jane goodall."
Wellp: "I have an early morning dive off Coogee Beach up to the water nature reserve in Bronte"
"

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:56 am

Am I the only one here who thinks that the Log will reveal that Manos deleted himself

haha! I like it!

SubZeroCat
Cold Cat Korma

Post by SubZeroCat » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:00 am

I want to see the log too
Ian_in_DC and his Ego: "Holy crap, I am flabbergasted: Termite splled the word "incomprehensible" accurately. LOL to that uninntentional bit of irony.

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:00 am

Absolutely Nixonian.

First the dismissive "the log doesn't exist", then that most pathetic of all brit-style debating dodges, 'I'm not sure what you're going on about', when legitimate log-concerns are brought up in a tasteful and respectful manner.

Next? I'm guessing a waffle about how the log contains 'sensitive classified log-info' that only the priveleged log-lookers can be trusted with. Spare us.

Let all posters take note of the silence of the new mods on this log-issue and note their smug Soda-like log-superiority over us all. They can and probably do peruse the log at will for all the log goodies to their heart's content. Fat chance they care about you or your log-needs.

Me? I begin a classy and dignified protest of silence (of extremely indeterminate length) as of now until they PRODU- well, you know where I'm going with this.

To paraphrase Jim Morrison:

We want the log

and we want it

Nowwwwwwwwww.........

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:37 am

good lord btraven, are you actually being serious?

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:40 am

because if you are, I'd be happy to show you my log.

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:11 pm

when legitimate log-concerns are brought up

hehehe

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:15 pm

I don't know which is funnier- btraven's post or muthas's response
The timing was perfect

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:01 pm

Why can't Cow be the next guest mod? Two birds, one stone.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:48 pm

brilliant idea. i can just see him standing on top the desks norma rayesque with a big sign held high, "LOG".

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:26 pm

still hot 'n bothered here.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:26 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Yeah! More Ass!

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:51 pm

It's pretty clear by now this is all simply a wind up. And it's way past it's "use by" date...

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:37 pm

definitely a desperate troll - nobody could be that dense.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 pm

And it was a fluke or gaff that all the mods had ad min status at one point.

Well it was certainly a mistake, and one that won't be repeated.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:50 pm

troll? no not really

you'd love to wish it away as such but the points still remain and are very valid - seems that only 2 people don't get it

seems they will never get it

It seems that they have created their own reality that will not be disturbed by actual events or facts.

If only I could get lost in such a fantasy...

MrA
Stew Ingredient

Post by MrA » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:58 pm

cowtown wrote:troll? no not really

you'd love to wish it away as such but the points still remain and are very valid - seems that only 2 people don't get it

seems they will never get it

It seems that they have created their own reality that will not be disturbed by actual events or facts.

If only I could get lost in such a fantasy...

Seriously - when was the last time you got laid?
Dwi 'r ddyn a stole 'r asgre chan 'r dywysoges

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:04 pm

we were all equal admins and manos was not our boss

that's a lie Zara or as you said a bit back you are an 'individual bent on twisting the truth and spreading lies, false accusations and innuendo here"

when were you ever an ad min?
only when it suits your ever shifting story and reasons
you were not equal to any ad min ever, even though you had equal powers

Zara, you were never an ad min, you were only given ad min powers to supply; tech updates, graphics and put board patches into place. You were a mod though one that wromgfully had ad min powers. So how can you calim to be equal as an ad min when you were never an ad min?

so Zara who made you an ad min?
who gave you ad min status?

do tell

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Seriously - when was the last time you got laid?

Monday, it was great, on the 52nd floor of her corp. apt over looking the city as she knelt on a wide bottom chair - it was a stunning sunset

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm

hehehe

that pot, kettle, black thing wields it's ugly head.

I don't know why I was taking this so seriously before... it's so obviously an elaborate troll. I think perhaps cowtown has actually surpassed the patrik of old in his trolling abilities.

Personally, I will always prefer a good juicy tipping thread though.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:47 pm

mutha is fixing

crzypt
Incorrigible Testiclast

Post by crzypt » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:04 pm

Question from the Peanut Gallery:

Is the log in question comprehensible to non-techies?
I yam what I yam....except when I'm a sweet potato

Billet
Iron Orchid

Post by Billet » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:18 pm

mutha is fixing
'You haven't lived until you have married, raised a son, and dug a well. I've done all three.'
--Sarah Nettle, a 94 year-old Texan

GMT -6:00

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:37 pm

don't know about that crzypt

I'm still waiting for Zara to explain this post, I add some comments

zara wrote:as demonstrated, manos' credibilty can be called into question with respect to any further statements. he has proven time and again that he is not a man of his word

zara wrote:we were all equal admins and manos was not our boss. you were never an ad min and he was your boss he was the technical advisor to the mod team. no you were as a member of the task force he should have consulted with us all, but he did not, he acted unilaterally in banning two equalsyou were not his equal and doodle at the time was just a mod, also not equal -you guys banned 2 ad mins also, so? w/o discussing his intent with any of the admins or site admins.doodle lied to the real ad min about her intent and then banned her boss, why do you give her a free pass, why did you cover for her? if you want to talk about ranks, jon and shmish had seniority over manos due to the fact that they were mods before he was brought on to help with coding.jono was an ad min, manos got us on hellas, doodle fucked us but in terms of chain of command, we were all equal.only in your sick, lying mind and maybe doodle's mind too

as for the rest of the modteam, we were all members of the original forum opps, so now it's back to 'the mod team'?well before manosI'm not so sure of that, are you? is that how it works? I recall when you showed up on LP, you loved to tell us you'd never be a mod and that your last board ended in tears - of course, it was not your fault, it's never your fault, it's alway their fault - almost daily we heard about that- I see a pattren here, do you? and when the community made it clear they wanted changes done,[b} you mean like a usuable site?[/b] the task force was formed and given the authority & access by the original site owner, koolness, to improve the site & go forward with marketing plans.yeah, marketing plans only!!! not banning people or kicking out ad mins or mngt policy after hearing the plans to establish an independent community-run forum, he agreed and freely handed over the domain, so why was Kool demoted? his only crime was being a friend of manos, again that's 2 ad mins that were taken out the site raised funds and we moved the server(***edit: oops, timeline incorrect, we moved first under kool, then again to another server)yeah, the hellas one that manos got us on for free - the one we had to leave because of the attacks and began the process of setting up & developing the site so it would be run by committee so no single person could act with impunity. you got a link to that, I thought we set up a site to post on, I don't recall such a mission statement, if true, why did we not get rid of manos then? and you do notice that what you just claimed as the site's goals you and doodle also broke? so essentially, the site admins work for the ppl and are accountable to the forum. except you and doodle of course this has been the structure for many months now and it was b/c of this assurance that i agreed to come back to help with the planned site development - if we had known manos was bent on regaining control and handpicking his own new team, i wouldn't have come back as a mod,if we knew what doodle would do and that you'd cover for her, we would not have let you and all of the team (but for manos) would not have all been working to turn the mod selection over to the forum and help with the transistion. we were ALL on the same page except for manos who banned two who tried to convince him to stop undermining the efforts of the whole team. all of this was related in the mod threads that i saved.yes, the ever united team that was never really that united, the team w/ a member that lied to jono so they could ban manos, touching really

so in your personal quest, why are you not asking manos why he acted alone? why are you going after manos and not doodle? she did about everything you accused manos of - is it because you hate men? you seem to be doing a fine job asking manos anyway why didn't he consult with mutha who was not resigning? according to his version, the other men were not resigning, so why then didn't he consult with them? why didn't he ask me for confirmation if i was in fact resigning or not, before banning me? I thought that post you put up made it clear, you know the one he took down and you put up again that lead to the banning wars? and why did he ban me?you were a threat to him as doodle they other banned showed his former reason was proven to be a lie in my previous post, like your ad min lie? so what is it the reason now? why, cow, are you intent to get answers from others when in fact manos' story has fallen apart time and again here?just like yours, sister are you just trolling?no, but I'm trying to show a bit of flair

edit for slop, it's tough to type in shit like this -content is about the same though and this edit is before I saw a reply from zara so I'm not shifting sands
Last edited by cowtown on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:40 pm

mutha is fixing

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:47 pm

show me where, anywhere that Zara was meant to be an ad min as a job title and in status?

nope, she was given the powers at various times for various reason but she was never meant to have mod status

she knows this (unless her head is that fucked)

almost everyone on here knows this

but again, will she own up to it?

doubtful

I'm guessing I get spin and attacks on me
or
{nothing}

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:09 pm

OK, I got it all figured out now

zara=turkish
manos=greek

no wonder

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:22 pm

By "mistake" I mean all those people shouldn't have been admins, not that they were made admin by accident, if that makes sense. We erred on the side of making a lot of people admins because it was easier, but given all the problems that resulted it was obviously a bad decision. Now mods are just given mod powers.

Regarding zara, the mods chose to make her a mod so that wasn't a mistake. Since all the mods were admins it made sense she was too, though as I've said we've curtailed who exactly has admin power.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:27 pm

so was she a mod with ad min power but not an ad min, correct?

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 pm

I guess it depends how you define those things. When you have admin powers are you an admin? Surely the understanding (at least the way I saw it at the time) was that the mods were mods and the admins were admins and kool and manos were kind of super admins. But when you all have the same power, such distinctions become blurred.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:52 pm

fair enough and I agree with your post

so they were not all equal

anyway, I'm about to log off for the week end - so this has a good chance of sinking to its death

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Never!!

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:12 pm

Bump

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:17 pm

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:23 am

Is that "Hits from the Bong"?

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:26 am

No, TAPS
A little respect please,cow worked hard on this thread

suck it up
Stew Ingredient

Post by suck it up » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:49 am

:shock:

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:33 am

Did this go anywhere? Has the mystery been solved? Can we all relax now?

This kind reminds of cowtown's conspiracy of strangelove's site - which strange kind of vindicated cowtown in a self-fulfilling prophecy by after lots of such posts he finally shut down the site and gave us the bird
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

avalanche
Stew Ingredient

Post by avalanche » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:29 am

Cowtown is clearly a very strange person

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:59 am

now that could be clearly said about all of us - some more than others
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:40 pm

I've just got Oliver Stones signature on an option for the screenplay of this thread. I'm thinking Pee Wee Herman or Gilbert Gottfried for the Cowtown role.