25 years of fixing air conditioners...

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:40 pm

cow, you have indeed pointed fingers at me in previous threads, but what i am referring to is your blatant accusations like this (in this very thread):

Some of the mods were trying to ban Manos so he banned them

they quit and then they tried to run the board by kicking manos off

just a couple of your lies, and i proved that you were wrong by giving you the timeline. i was first banned on the 3rd and again on the 4th, while manos was not deleted until the 5th, and it was not by me nor with my support.

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Zara's telling the truth and always has been.

I'll lay it all out there again, and then I'm done, won't talk about it anymore.

After the attempt to control the infighting had backfired and we'd lost several treasured members & the good will of most of the members of the board there was a little talk of resigning for the good of the board. Always with the intention of a peaceful & easy turnover of moderators. Thaires was really ready to go so he then posted an specific OP forwarding the idea so we could discuss the merits of it. Both Thaires and Jono said, regardless of if we were all leaving they, personally, were done. There was some back and forth, with Zara lobbying for us to stay and offering to leave because she said she was the most contriversial. IHSS was also hesitent to have all the moderators leave en masse.

In the end, after MUCH dicussion, it was decided that we would leave together with the thought that it would help repair the community.

A rough draft of the resignation was prepared, we tweaked it, sat on it for about 24 hours and then it was posted and we urged the membership to figure out how they wanted to go about choosing their next moderators.

If any of the mods were surprised when it went up then it would have only been about the timing because we'd all signed off on it as an idea and also signed off on the draft of the notice. The discussion spanned several days. The draft of the notice stood for at least a full day before it was ever posted.

About a day (or maybe less then a day) later Manos wandered back in and, without bothering to ask any of us anything about what had been happening or why we were resigning he deleted our notice. It was reposted by me and promptly re-deleted. (again with no questions to any of us or any discussion with any of us). Zara reposted it again and he then re-deleted it a third time and banned zara's handle & IP. The deletions of the notice were particularly bad because a few people were saying that we "didn't really mean it" and were just doing it for sympathy when nothing could have been further from the truth. But it looked terrible for him to continue to take them down. Basically making us look like liars. Simply not in keeping with the idea that moderators and administrators should be working together.

I had not been banned at this point so I went back in and reinstated both zara's handle and her IP (yes, both were banned. I know this because I had to go into both areas to reinstate her).

Then there were several heated arguments in the back asking why Manos had decided he had the power to override our decisions and demanding to know why he banned Zara. Manos was angry at the idea of the community choosing the moderators. We were angry at the fact that our notice kept being removed. Things got extremely heated, ugly words were used by ALL parties and, suddenly, both zara and I were banned. Jono, Thaires & IHSS were not banned even though Manos said on the board that he temp banned all the mods because we all resigned.

I was in communication with all three of these men during this time and all three assured me they had not been banned, although Manos was publically using this (the moderator resignation) as the excuse for axing zara and me.

Jono was trying to reinstate my handle but told me that he did not see my handle in any of the banned handle/IP areas. At the time that led us to believe that my (and zara's) handle had actually been deleted. I learned, only later, that the reason for that was that instead of banning us, Manos went into our accounts and changed our passwords. It was a sneaky way of getting around using the ban section (which the other mods could access and reverse, like I had done for zara).

After several hours Jono managed to get me back into the moderator section and I was so angry at everything that had gone down that I did go in and delete manos's handle. I did it on my own and none of the other mods were in any way involved. I could innumerate the reasons I did what I did, but I don't think there is much point as this has been hashed over and over and over already. Obviously, it wasn't the smartest move I've ever made, but I'd been pushed so far over the edge by the pomposity & continuous lies about what was actually happening that I was seeing red and acted rashly. Again, I want it understood that I acted alone and zara was not, in any way, involved in that action.

Days later, after things had cooled a bit, Muthafunky was able to figure out how manos disabled us and reinstate the handles. Up until that point I still believed that my account had been irreparably damaged.

This is the entire truth of what happened and, other then not coming clean about the deletion (which I also never denied) I've never waivered from this account of events.

Zara has also never waivered from the correct representation of events.

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Wrong, zara was banned the first time because she reposted our resignation notice.

Zara & I were banned the second time because we were arguing with manos in the back room and things got heated and ugly.

I was banned within about 2 minutes after calling manos a prick.

Basically, we were banned because we were disagreeing with him and his tactics. And it was us two that got banned because we were the two on the board at that time telling him exactly what we thought of his behavior. Additionally, I will add that it wasn't uncommon for Manos to behave in such a manner with the women on the team. We were mostly discounted in general as mods so it didn't surprise me at all that he found it acceptable to toss us off the team for confronting him about issues that were quite important at that moment.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:55 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 pm

thanx for filling in the blanks i missed.

everything shmish has said is the truth as well and if thaires was here, he'd confirm it too. do we have mutha, ihss and jon to back this up so we can finally put it to rest once and for all?

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:00 pm

zara wrote:cow, you have indeed pointed fingers at me in previous threads, but what i am referring to is your blatant accusations like this (in this very thread):

so you are now 'some mods'? unreal you dumb bitch.. I said specfic posters and yet....why do you lie?

they quit and then they tried to run the board by kicking manos off
that is exactly what the mods did, IHSS quit but went on to become ad min and laid down (w/ Mutha) his new way of law... and a mod that had quit did ban manos, how fucked is your head?

just a couple of your lies, and i proved that you were wrong by giving you the timeline. i was first banned on the 3rd and again on the 4th, while manos was not deleted until the 5th, and it was not by me nor with my support.

you proved nothing b ut that you are a dumb bitch, you proved it only with your own words, where the thread, you word is worth nothing now

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:02 pm

cowtown wrote:
when they haven't a fucking clue. if you don't know, don't act like you do.

I have not pointed fingers at specfic posters for bannings, I only post upon what I know and what has been posted on the front of the board.

I have asked far more questions than anything

that above quote really should be for doodle not me

you are defensive because it involves you but don't accuse me of things I have not done,otherwise, if I were to take that as pointed at me...it would be a lie, funny how that works even though I don't see it as a lie, just confused

if I were to take it as a lie you'd get a link please

edit for slop, meaning should be clear now

here zara, look at what I posted and see how you twisted your lies

gwad, what a head case

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:03 pm

and the concert plays on.....

i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:06 pm

I don't think any of this casts anyone in a positive light with the exception of Muthafunky, and I think it's pointless continuing. It started as an attack OP, and switched into a stew crucifixion. I haven't seen such bitterness and anger in here for a long, long time. You all have your own versions of events. I doubt they are going to change. This thread could run for years and years without ever coming to a conclusion. As a polite request, can you direct your energies into posting something positive and just leave this thread to die?
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:09 pm

and the concert plays on.....

Yes she do, don't she.

It obviously doesn't matter what anyone says. You've made up your mind, and ain't nothing gonna change it. Sad, really... to be so close minded about the entire debacle at the same time you keep saying you just want the truth.

Anyway, what I wrote above is reality of what went down, in every way, and now I'm done. I've laid it out... every bit, and I don't see the point it discussing it any longer as it does none of us a damn bit of good.

It's been strange fun, cow.

(edited for clarity)

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:14 pm

christ! you are beyond hope and a disgrace, cow.

IHSS, i think this casts a pretty fucking bad light on the remaining mods who don't have the balls to speak the truth or defend the truth when it is being spoken. i'm so sick of the lies and all i'm asking is for the truth to put this to rest.

cow has been hounding this issue, and i tried ignoring him, but the myths continue to grow and he and manos are acting like a damn virus with this issue.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:16 pm

IHSS -no lets finish it now in this thread - this keeps popping up in one way or another

zara and doodle have been sniping at me for a while in other threads, so lets get it out and done with - I'm sick of ignoring it and waiting for them to let it go and to be honest, I too have mentioned it - so lets get it out and done with and keep it in this one thread

I can do that, can they, can you?

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm

./...
Last edited by zara on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm

I don't think the addition of my recollection of events is going to make any difference whatsoever, because it's possible that some things I say may not be right.

Rather than inflame the situation, and something which seems like an argument which has no end, I'd rather see this thread die. If it doesn't, so be it, but I am not adding anything to it which I don't believe with certainty is correct.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:21 pm

zara wrote:christ! you are beyond hope and a disgrace, cow.

IHSS, i think this casts a pretty fucking bad light on the remaining mods who don't have the balls to speak the truth or defend the truth when it is being spoken. i'm so sick of the lies and all i'm asking is for the truth to put this to rest.

cow has been hounding this issue, and i tried ignoring him, but the myths continue to grow and he and manos are acting like a damn virus with this issue.

what remaining mods? who?
no, this is about you and doodle now and IHSS if he wants in
never really had prob with the other mods, thaires is gone, see that thread and jono is almost gone because he is sick of this shit - mutha is out of the loop so that leaves....oh yeah, you doodle and IHSS

after all this hounding we get to know for the first time publicly that doodle banned manos - yeah, theres more work to be done here

why did doodle and you cover up that she banned manos for so long? I've asked that questions many times

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:36 pm

This is the entire truth of what happened and, other then not coming clean about the deletion (which I also never denied) I've never waivered from this account of events.

Mostly I've tried to stay out of this. Since the initial happening and the few days afterward, I've mostly just tried to put it behind me and not discuss it on the forum. Believing it was best for the board and it's membership if we just tried to move past it.

The reason I decided to post one last final full account of everything that happened is because zara seemed to be receiving the brunt from you on this thread and I felt I should shoulder some of that burden.

I admit sniping at you in one thread only*, mostly because you've been sniping about me in threads continuously since all this went down. It certainly hasn't been a matter of me hunting you down to snipe at you at every opportunity. Mostly I've just been in the "ignore" mode when it comes to you, as I simply haven't wanted to get continually bogged down in the "he said, she said" of this old, pathetic story.

I've seen lie after lie posted about me and simply tried to ignore it. Today I decided not to ignore it.

What it all boils down to is that nearly everyone involved behaved very badly. At the time, I'm sure, everyone felt justified... I know I did. Now that it's water under the bridge it can be rehashed and rehashed and retold and remolded to suit anyone's mood.

I'm simply tired of it. And I'm sure most everyone else is too. I don't have anything else to say about it. I've told the truth of what happened, and that's all anyone really needs to say about anything.

*And, since I admit that I did snipe at you, I will also apologize for my behavior in that thread.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:40 pm

doodle wrote:Zara's telling the truth and always has been. maybe her fucked up version of the truth that you agree with

About a day (or maybe less then a day) later Manos wandered back in and, without bothering to ask any of us anything about what had been happening or why we were resigning he deleted our notice.that was his right as an ad min, more so when you mods had already quit It was reposted by me and promptly re-deleted.an abuse of the powers you claimed to give up (again with no questions to any of us or any discussion with any of us). his was with in his rights, you quit, you gave up any rights as his underling Zara reposted it againanother abuse of powers she claimed to give up and he then re-deleted it a third time and banned zara's handle & IP. I would have too, she showed she could not be trusted The deletions of the notice were particularly bad because a few people were saying that we "didn't really mean it" and were just doing it for sympathy when nothing could have been further from the truth. But it looked terrible for him to continue to take them down. Basically making us look like liars. Simply not in keeping with the idea that moderators and administrators should be working together. you were not working with 2 out of the three ad mins already, kool and manos, in fact you banned them, so save it sister

I had not been banned at this point so I went back in and reinstated both zara's handle and her IP (yes, both were banned. I know this because I had to go into both areas to reinstate her).another abuse, did you give her back mod powers? powers she was to have quit? by what right did you do this doodle?

Then there were several heated arguments in the back asking why Manos had decided he had the power to override our decisions and demanding to know why he banned Zara.because it was his right as ad min and you had fucking quit, what don't you get?? ....

Jono was trying to reinstate my handle but told me that he did not see my handle in any of the banned handle/IP areas. an abuse by jono At the time that led us to believe that my (and zara's) handle had actually been deleted. I learned, only later, that the reason for that was that instead of banning us, Manos went into our accounts and changed our passwords. It was a sneaky way of getting around using the ban section (which the other mods could access and reverse, like I had done for zara). sneaky but safe, so you could get you PMs them right? What about manos, where are his PMs

After several hours Jono managed to get me back into the moderator sectionbig abuse, why would you need to get back to being a mod when you quit? and I was so angry at everything that had gone down that I did go in and delete manos's handle. you should be banned for that abuse, manos showed you more respect than that, about the worst thing you could do on a mb, sneak back into mod land and ban the ad min I did it on my own and none of the other mods were in any way involved. well jono let you back in, little did he know your crazed evil plans I could innumerate the reasons I did what I did, but I don't think there is much point as this has been hashed over and over and over already. no, it has not been, today is the first day you were named as 'banner of manos' -can not wish this one away, time to pay up for what you did Obviously, it wasn't the smartest move I've ever made, but I'd been pushed so far over the edge by the pomposity & continuous lies about what was actually happening that I was seeing red and acted rashly. yeah, you fucked up big time and then lied by not standing up to it when asked, well done, only after manos fingered you did you come clean, I never fingered you, I wanted you to take Accountability, you acted the coward, time and time again, no honor in that and no excuse either Again, I want it understood that I acted alone and zara was not, in any way, involved in that action.but she knew and covered for you, for the sake of the board, right?....bullshit, she became part of the lie

Days later, after things had cooled a bit, Muthafunky was able to figure out how manos disabled us and reinstate the handles. Up until that point I still believed that my account had been irreparably damaged. you do a lot of rash thing based upon what you believe how about you wait next time untill you know?

This is the entire truth of what happened and, other then not coming clean about the deletion (which I also never denied) I've never waivered from this account of events.again, your side of the 'truth' which is a bit hard to take considering...

Zara has also never waivered from the correct representation of events.

correct representation, was that the cover story you worked out in mod land>?

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 pm

was that the cover story you worked out in mod land>?

*Sigh*

Yes. This was all a very meticulously planned out conspiracy.

As I said, it obviously doesn't matter what I say, you've already made up your mind that I'm nothing but a liar, so it's nothing but a waste of my breath. Or, in actuality, a waste of my fingers.

Anyway, I do once again apologize for sniping at you in that one thread and now I'll continue back to my old plan of just ignoring any further discussion of the matter.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 pm

mutha is fixing

purplegemini
Irish Stew

Post by purplegemini » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:01 pm

Can't we all just get along?Image
Blah blah blah

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 pm

mutha is fixing

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Now what was the name of the song that the band on the Titanic played when it was going down?
That might be appropriate theme music for this OP

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:20 pm

Sorry doodle for being a prick in my attempt to get you to come clean

I've always been consistent in the story and I have never lied about anything regarding those few days.

I didn't disclose every single detail until today, but I've never discussed the deletion until today and I never lied and said I didn't do it.

I simply can't lie, never been any good at it. So, when I write something on this board, it's always the truth.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Some of the stuff being discussed here might be of interest to the community, which is why I pipe in occasionally. I think this is worth addressing:

you banned him and kool, took control of the board, you did control the board after you quit

At the height of the bannings and deletings and he said she said, most of which I missed, I alone went in and demoted all of the mods and admins - with the exception of ihss and myself - to regular users. The truth is I wasn't sure anymore what was right or who was right, all I knew is we had to start over. ihss owns the domain name, I pay to host the site so it made sense for us to stay and try to make things right. Then we needed new mods, and had you guys send us your votes. And that's where we are now.

What is right and wrong in all this? I'm not sure really. Manos gets crucified and certainly he made some decisions I thought were terrible, but it's worth noting that he (and kool) voluntarily made the rest of us admins. For us to turn around and boot them out doesn't sit right with me. I don't know how to determine who "owns" the Stew so all I try to do is keep the place running with ihss (from an admin standpoint) and stay out of the politics.

I guess you could say I "took control" or even staged a "coup" and that's probably not right. But that's what we have.

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 pm

mutha, you kept the Titanic afloat, and here we are today.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Post by Felix » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm so glad someone takes all this more seriously than me. I'm not sure why, but it comforts me knowing that someone is consumed with second-guessing every decision that goes into moderating this place. Deeply.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:23 am

Jono was trying to reinstate my handle but told me that he did not see my handle in any of the banned handle/IP areas. an abuse by jono

I am not sure what the abuse I commited is meant to have been, but I resent the insinuation very much. Please elaborate so i can have the opportunity of defending my self.

That was a very difficult time, with a hot of conflicting storys and loyalties, and I tried very hard to do what I considered to be the right thing, and find your comment very undeserved
The war will be won by brains and on foot

Diplomacy is the ability to tell somebody to go to hell in such a way that they actualy look forward to the trip

Chachi_Arcola
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chachi_Arcola » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:02 am

I am not sure what the abuse I commited is meant to have been, but I resent the insinuation very much. Please elaborate so i can have the opportunity of defending my self.

That was a very difficult time, with a hot of conflicting storys and loyalties, and I tried very hard to do what I considered to be the right thing, and find your comment very undeserved

You're like a politician who never takes a stand on anything.

Wanker.

Good god, why cant you people drop it. Who cares?

Belch.
And me personaly, I have alraedy been blown up by a bomb (and it was not in London), i have survived time in Colombia, Caracas and Rio-- Termite 2006.

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:24 am

Cowtown obviously does
But I'm with you on this Chachi
LET IT GO

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:59 am

Why do you care if some people want to talk about it? I don't see the need to pop in to these threads with condescending "Gawd why do you people care about this stuff" type comments. You obviously care enough to read the threads too, if you're so better than why not just pass on by?

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:11 am

mutha- I don't think you have been around as much as some of us.This stuff has been discussed ad nauseum before. I understand the need to talk about it but it has been beaten to death

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:17 am

Why do you care if some people want to talk about it?

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:21 am

Talk is one thing, regurgitating the same thing over and over again is another

Chachi_Arcola
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chachi_Arcola » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:26 am

I don't see the need to pop in to these threads with condescending "Gawd why do you people care about this stuff" type comments. You obviously care enough to read the threads too, if you're so better than why not just pass on by?

Because I can't. I'm secretely obsessed with this topic.

Bitch.

Belch.
And me personaly, I have alraedy been blown up by a bomb (and it was not in London), i have survived time in Colombia, Caracas and Rio-- Termite 2006.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:56 am

well thanks to both of you for continually pushing this topic to the top! yay!

Morwen
Stew Ingredient

Post by Morwen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 am

mutha- don't be so modest.
You helped too

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:10 pm

fair enough, you broke rank, did not respect the chain of command, you too had quit as a mod, all you were to do is stop spam, this was a policy move against your general, it let doodle back in to knife manos. Not mad at you or anything

Morwen - but yesterday you finally found out who the manos banner was, that was all new - now where would you be had I let it go?
why'd you be missing another thrilling chapter is this ongoing drama

recall, at first I was crazy and into conspiracies, what coup doodle asked? now you know it's the one she pulled but did not lie about unless you count lying by omission and obfuscation

- to clear my name, I had to bust up their game

it needed to be done and the slience on this was more than deliberate, there were going to let me take the fall and look the fool rather than stand up and accept reasonability for their actions - they still lack accountablity

they were ready to bury me to cover their tracks while taking pokes at my character and mental stability

that's fucking bullshit of the weakest order

why did it take her so long to stand up and admit what she did?

why were the others so quite about it?

she would not have said dick about it had manos not outed her, I did not even out her... yet she was ready to fuck me in a very public way rather then accept and take credit or blame for her act - an act that affected the entire board in a very big way

Mutha - you were not the coup-er, you put the place on lock down to stop the bleeding, wise move. When I told you that you were in charge - I meant it. You've always been straight - I trust you on this
you have to keep an eye on IHSS - he has a few strikes already, he get's out of line, jerk his chain - you are number one mod, our dear leader -you best have the biggest keys

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:44 pm

was it the mods who were behind the grassy knoll?

I've only had time to pop in and out these last few weeks but I don't want a recap of whatever these goobledegook of a conspiracy theory this non-issue is. It seems a mountain made out of a molehill.

The last mod group tried a few things that didn't work - whoop de fuckin' shit exclamation point. IT'S JUST A FUCKIN' WEBSITE, DUDE! LET IT GO!

On a similar note, I say re-instate zara as a mod. In her short tenure she managed just by her new found status alone to piss off duck, soda, and termite. That's quite an accomplishment. Bravo!
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:02 pm

mutha is fixing

Ian_in_DC
Evil Overlord

Post by Ian_in_DC » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:21 pm

This has gotten to beyond fucking classic - this is Shakespeare in process.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:05 pm

let doodle back in to knife manos

actualy, before letting her back in, I asked for her word that all she would do was check emails, and not do anything untoward, which I received. Unfortunatly, I was too trusting.

As for the chain of command, I was a site admin, equal in the chain of command to anybody.
The war will be won by brains and on foot

Diplomacy is the ability to tell somebody to go to hell in such a way that they actualy look forward to the trip

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:09 am

doodle wrote:Additionally, I will add that it wasn't uncommon for Manos to behave in such a manner with the women on the team. We were mostly discounted in general as mods so it didn't surprise me at all that he found it acceptable to toss us off the team for confronting him about issues that were quite important at that moment.

This one I think I should answer, as cowtown (to whom I have never personally spoken on the topic) seems to have almost covered me on all accounts.

The female moderators that ever showed up on the forum (and that I remember of) are shmishmina, Billet and zara. (If I miss out on anyone, please let me know, I'm a prick).

I. Billet
With Billet, we had a pretty nice cooperation during the fundraiser. Prior to moving to the paid server, we decided to give Billet access to the modland so that she could give us detailed accounts of money received, and so that the mods were perfectly aware of the whole process, since it was real money involved. She eventually stayed on as a mod. We had no personal feuds on the board, apart from one that she claimed I was useless and an arts major because we had issues with paying Canaca (I own a Visa Electron that was obviously not accepted in Canada).

I've trusted Billet with my full name, home address and Visa number. Billet paid back my trust by quitting the forum after the rest of the admins back then refused to throw me out for no apparent reason. That at least isn't misogyny on my part.

II. Shmishmina
She was a moderator for a very long time. Although she was the moderator with the most unneccessary moderating actions in the team, imho, we never told her anything nasty, and I've often stood up for her in the modland. Never openly confronted her until the RW marketing team, when she openly disagreed with a major decision (see III. Zara).

III. Zara
Zara was added as an administrator by the marketing team. The marketing team was intended to be a group of people with suggestions, but 2-3 days after they were formed as a group they already had administrative access. Another person given access at that time was muthafunky. When something bad happened on the forum (the deletion of sensitive data from the server along with a server update which no-one knew who did it), I chose to rid the forum of all unnecessary admins, keeping only me, koolhass, jono (as the original admins) and muthafunky, because I was perfectly sure of his administrative capacity and I trusted him completely on the subject. On the other hand, the rest of the new-found admins remained as mods, which gave them access to edit and delete posts but didn't give them access to ban people. Zara was particularly vocal about this and insisted that she was reinstated as a mod, something I refused because I didn't know her as well and I believed that she had nothing to add to the board as an administrator.

The same happened with RoadWarrior, who was male. It had nothing to do with gender, it was that Zara was suddently an admin, a couple of days later something really bad happens by someone with admin access. I see my action as perfectly reasonable.

Conclusion
Therefore it has nothing to do with misogyny or anything. Whatever I did 'against' them, I did in good faith towards the protection of the board. And in the end, the fact that the board is running today, makes me feel confident that it eventually worked out towards that.

Also, I believe that mutha's actions were right on that day, because the board was utterly confused by the bannings and the public flamings and I guess that it was better that he chose to do away with everyone. Even though in principle I was right and I'm sure that he knows it, as he can understand that you have to make hasty decisions (i.e., deactivating zara/shmish) on message boards.
The official dr. manos
Accused of being: Greek, Catholic, bigot, racist, fascist, misogynist, a warmonger, a tree hugging hippy, a complete cunt, being related to Peter Andre and most recently: being the German administrator of GWD.

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:37 am

I've trusted Billet with my full name, home address and Visa number. Billet paid back my trust by quitting the forum after the rest of the admins back then refused to throw me out for no apparent reason. That at least isn't misogyny on my part.

I really fail to see what one (trust) has to do with the second (quitting). Further, misogyny? You just highlighted three women and their rolls in this board according to your warped interpretation. Then you go to write:

Therefore it has nothing to do with misogyny or anything. Whatever I did 'against' them, I did in good faith towards the protection of the board.

Get a fucking grip for goodness sake.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:49 am

I never had a problem with Manos when I was a mod, but then I quit before the madness.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Wilster wrote:

I really fail to see what one (trust) has to do with the second (quitting). Further, misogyny? You just highlighted three women and their rolls in this board according to your warped interpretation. Then you go to write:

Therefore it has nothing to do with misogyny or anything. Whatever I did 'against' them, I did in good faith towards the protection of the board.

Get a fucking grip for goodness sake.

No, no, you got it wrong.

I refered to these three women in order to prove that it was not misogyny that caused clashing viewpoints on the board, it was purely circumstancial and had to do with their own character, not their gender.
The official dr. manos
Accused of being: Greek, Catholic, bigot, racist, fascist, misogynist, a warmonger, a tree hugging hippy, a complete cunt, being related to Peter Andre and most recently: being the German administrator of GWD.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm

Did you ever have a problem with a male Mod?
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeap. Example off the top of my head, Dallan. Mega_doof too at times. I've had a quarrel or two with jono. And a major controversy with mutha over Windows/Linux in the past.
The official dr. manos

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:52 pm

Well, now. That's just about everybody, ain't it?

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:16 pm

We all had arguments with one another once in a while. You can't have a moderating team without any disagreement over the course of a full year. And the outcome of those disagreements were usually fruitful.

For instance, even with s8 who claimed in this thread to have no problem with me, I bet that there was at least one time where we held different views on one subject, both of which were evaluated to eventually lead up to the best possible conclusion for the board.
The official dr. manos

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Ya know, Doc, I had quite a megathread workin' at Invision. Since it's cyber history now, how about a straight-up answer. Who pulled that site down? You or Kool?