Page 1 of 2

Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
by muthafunky
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm
by leela
I suggest that you don't choose the style that's called Avalon. Who knows what havoc might ensue.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
by Scrubb
ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 am
by muthafunky
Looks like you're right. Unfortunately that's not a setting, just a UI choice for this style (the dark one at least).

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 am
by mad hatter
Ahem. Tapatalk....

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 am
by muthafunky
Yeah, I know. Their script errors out when I try to run it on this site, so I'll have to spend some time on their forums trying to figure it out.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 am
by muthafunky
I also added a few other styles - subsilver, proflat and basic. The logo looks really weird on some of them including the mobile styles, just a huge centered globe with no text.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 am
by mad hatter
You're a good Man stretch.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm
by leela
Scrubb wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.
On prosilver, there's a 'jump to' at the bottom right of the page.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:33 pm
by Annotated
It might be nice to be able to embed Tweets.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm
by muthafunky
That’s a good idea, I’m sure there’s an easy way to do that, much like we do YouTube videos

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm
by mad hatter
No No no no no. imagine the tweet spam.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm
by Scrubb
leela wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Scrubb wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.
On prosilver, there's a 'jump to' at the bottom right of the page.
I know, but I really like being able to go from the top of the page to anywhere with 1 click.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm
by leela
Ah, okay. I assumed you must be on the black version, and it was yet another way in which it differs from prosilver.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 am
by Annotated
mad hatter wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm
No No no no no. imagine the tweet spam.
Just disable that function for Miss Piggy and we should be fine.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:24 pm
by Scrubb
Another thing that's different is that you can't use a different version on different devices. I used to keep the black version on my laptop and the mobile version on my phone. Now, whichever one you set anywhere carries through to the other devices too.

Mobile Style is where??

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 am
by WhosieWho
iPad (sucks to your aunty Steve Bojs!) still crashes trying to load megathreads with vids.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE REFUND MONEY AT ONCE !!!!1 lol



https://soundcloud.com/hrtheband/sylvia
https://soundcloud.com/leadrmusic/leadrwaves

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am
by muthafunky
Can you link to one that is causing you problems?

Music Thread, 17 pages

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 am
by WhosieWho
Can't even open it - crash, crash, crash + iPad error msg.
Sometimes the Link buttons show just blue, but it still crashes before anything can be typed, etc.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 am
by muthafunky
muthafunky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am
Can you link to one that is causing you problems?

Eventually

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 am
by WhosieWho
muthafunky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am
Can you link to one that is causing you problems?
Only with difficulty!
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135109

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 am
by muthafunky
I’m not sure what to tell you, I’m able to open that thread on my iPad. It does have a lot of embedded videos, so it is taxing in that respect but I don’t think there’s anything I can do about that.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 am
by muthafunky
Alrighty, looks like email is the main thing still not working

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm
by pezworld
And linkies not opening in a new window?

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:16 am
by leela
pezworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm
And linkies not opening in a new window?
Yep, any news on this? I keep forgetting to press control while clicking on a link, and then discover I've mislaid PS when I want to come back to it later.

eta that I've just seen your edit in the OP. Okay then. I'll just have to try harder to get into the control button habit

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:19 pm
by Jim-2012
Schnee-04-02-138.jpg
Schnee-04-02-137.jpg
Schnee-04-02-136.jpg
When more than one attachment is selected, only the first one is displayed; the others are marked as no longer available. This problem has only showed up on the New Stew.
Will it be fixed?

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm
by muthafunky
Looks like it's a bug in phpbb. They have merged a fix so when they release the next version of phpbb and I install it this will be fixed.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2458036

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm
by DCComic
Image orientation.
I'm seeing pictures on their side in this thread.
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic. ... start=2950
If I open them in a new tab they are displayed correctly.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:54 am
by Bill Barilko
Links still don't Open In New Window.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm
by muthafunky
DCComic wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm
Image orientation.
I'm seeing pictures on their side in this thread.
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic. ... start=2950
If I open them in a new tab they are displayed correctly.
That seems to happen with tinypic and maybe other external site urls. I'm not sure why.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm
by muthafunky
Bill Barilko wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:54 am
Links still don't Open In New Window.
As mentioned in the OP I'm not going to make that change.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 am
by DCComic
http://www.politicalstew.com/download/file.php?id=9801

This one is is an upload to the stew.
Sideways in the thread but correct if you view it alone via its URL.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 pm
by cowtown
Image

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 pm
by ArchStanton
Mutha, I made several posts last week, but they haven't appeared yet.
What gives?

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:48 pm
by Jim-2012
I tried a file attachment of 183 KB.
It wouldn't attach, and the error status was:
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
What's the problem with attachments?
It was from my C: drive.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 am
by harry_flashman
Enable the freedom of speech option. It might by automatically disabled on the american version of this forum.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 pm
by eric84
The foe function is still not working. Fix it.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
by Moethebartender
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm
by polardude1
Ereich makes demands on someone running a message board for free. Precious
.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm
by eric84
Moethebartender wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation
The foe function still not working for Moe, either apparently.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm
by eric84
polardude1 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Ereich makes demands on someone running a message board for free. Precious
.
What's up, Polar? We've missed you.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 pm
by eric84
eric84 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm
Moethebartender wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation
The foe function still not working for Moe, either apparently.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm
by muthafunky
Don't worry, Herr Feuderator, it works just fine for Moe.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:48 pm
by Moethebartender
Jesus, is the crazy ice monkey still humping my leg? What causes such lunacy?

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:05 pm
by eric84
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm
I'm extremely lazy but like the attention I create when I reveal the foe list
Well said.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:57 pm
by muthafunky
Am I not paying enough attention to you, my sweet? What do you need?

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm
by eric84
Let me ignore you.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 pm
by muthafunky
Now now, we know you don’t mean that

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm
by eric84
I won't have to remind you what a shitty job you're doing. That must be enticing.

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:09 pm
by muthafunky
I love the attention you lavish on me.