Vertical scope

Post any technical problems you are having
leela
Stew Ingredient

Vertical scope

Post by leela » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 am

Was this forum caught in the Vertical Scope hacking?
Only I'm getting emails from them now (which I haven't opened). I googled, and got loads of results from other forums, as well as the Vertical Scope website explaining how many thousands of people using forums had had their details compromised.

I'm not concerned about it - just curious about the story. And wondering why I'm getting the emails.
Pass the wine...

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Re: Vertical scope

Post by muthafunky » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:28 pm

I hadn't heard of this. We are hosted by 1and1, not verticalscope.

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:45 pm

leela wrote:Was this forum caught in the Vertical Scope hacking?
Only I'm getting emails from them now (which I haven't opened). I googled, and got loads of results from other forums, as well as the Vertical Scope website explaining how many thousands of people using forums had had their details compromised.

I'm not concerned about it - just curious about the story. And wondering why I'm getting the emails.

It'll be those "other" special interest forums you're signed up to Leela.

....baaaaaaaa
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Ha.
I only post here and on Figjam, which is ProBoards. But I suppose it could be something from the past. When my husband was ill, I asked stuff on a couple of cancer forums. But even if they were involved, the only info about me would be my email address...and I'll have used the one that isn't my main one.
Pass the wine...

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:17 am

leela wrote:Ha.
I only post here and on Figjam, which is ProBoards. But I suppose it could be something from the past. When my husband was ill, I asked stuff on a couple of cancer forums. But even if they were involved, the only info about me would be my email address...and I'll have used the one that isn't my main one.

Mutha has clearly sold you out to spammers.

....baaaaaaaa
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:28 am

Well I opened the email. And it was a legal notice of the data breach. I was right about it being a forum I'd visited once, just to ask a health question.

What Information Was Involved?

Community member usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords, community userIDS, community website, and the IP address the username originally registered with
Pass the wine...