Trying to Set a Password

Post any technical problems you are having

Moderator: Moderator

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Trying to Set a Password

Post by Stan In Maryland » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:29 pm

I am trying to set a password I could actually remember. I always just used the one that was sent. Of course I know security blah blah blah, but really I am not all that worried about someone hacking into my account here. The problem is I can't find an email with an old password for here and it is required for me to change the password to on of my choosing. Any constructive suggestions to resolving this issue?
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Re: Trying to Set a Password

Post by muthafunky » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Are you saying the email that you have associated with your stew login isn't one you use or have access to? The password reset process is done via email.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:49 pm

My password for a couple of places is a question in Spanish.

For the word "tu" I used 2, and for "que" I used a capital K. So with the question mark at the end I complied with most sites' suggestions that passwords contain both upper- and lower-case letters, a number, and a symbol.

You could do something similar in English: Do_U_love_violents_2? Upper- and lower-case letters, a number, and a symbol, plus the added safety of including a non-word, "violents."
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 pm

No, it is the correct email. I was trying to set a password using user control panel/Edit Account Settings but don't have any idea of my current password.
\
So should I request a password reset and get that password and then use the account settings to set it to something I can actually remember?
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 pm

You should select the password reset. That will generate an email for verification, if you click the link in the email it will let you set the password to whatever you want.

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:47 pm

muthafunky wrote:You should select the password reset. That will generate an email for verification, if you click the link in the email it will let you set the password to whatever you want.

Thanks. Will do.