Font size

Post any technical problems you are having
leela
Stew Ingredient

Font size

Post by leela » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 pm

I had the font on its largest setting (what with having old lady eyes these days), and it all worked fine. But now it's gone back to the smallest size. And if i change it to large, it changes straight back as soon as i go to another page, or refresh the one I'm on.

Wassup with it?
Pass the wine...

leela
Stew Ingredient

Re: Font size

Post by leela » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm on prosilver, if that helps.
Pass the wine...

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am

I didn't know you could change the font size for just this site. Where do you do that?

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Top right of the prosilver page, underneath the search box, there's a print button, a message envelope, and than an A with an up arrow and a down arrow. That changes the font size.
Pass the wine...

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks for mentioning this Leela- mine dropped down in size too and especially right now large is good, whatever they claim.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I just enlarged the font size on my computer the other day; old man eyes plus vision problems that can't all be corrected in the same prescription. What I noticed just now is that I am writing this response in the larger font size, but the text above (I can see 5Waldos' "Thanks for mentioning this" is as small as before.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:17 pm

5waldos wrote:Thanks for mentioning this Leela- mine dropped down in size too and especially right now large is good, whatever they claim.

Aren't you on a Mac? If so do what I do, [command] and the + sign at the same time to increase it. If you want to decrease, it's [command] and the - sign.

Or for me I do the reverse pinch (what's that called? expand?) with two fingers on the trackpad.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Geece
Scratty Peasant

Post by Geece » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:18 am

leela wrote:I had the font on its largest setting (what with having old lady eyes these days), and it all worked fine. But now it's gone back to the smallest size. And if i change it to large, it changes straight back as soon as i go to another page, or refresh the one I'm on.

Wassup with it?

I just tried it and it works fine for me. but it might be a cookies thing because when my browser closes, cookies are deleted and now my font size is back to the smallest size.

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:31 pm

@ leela,

Might be your own computer/laptop, dunno. But with my Windows computer, I keep experiencing a few times a year that when I start it up, it suddenly shows fonts in much bigger - seldom much smaller - size. All by itself. I changed nothing, no security updates, no visits to questionable websites. As said: all by itself.

That is no help, I know. But both in Mozilla Firefox as well as Internet Explorer (and probably other browsers too), it's quite easy to change the font size back to how you want it.

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Geece wrote:... but it might be a cookies thing because when my browser closes, cookies are deleted

Interesting.

I don't use that setting, for in spite of the NSA and many more related privacy-concerns, I've decided years ago that I won't care about cookies. Whichever website or blog I visit, I'll have reasons that I can well explain. But you may be right re. the cookies and leela's problem with the fonts.

Dunno about foreigners here, but in Holland ever since the European Union changed some legislation earlier on (2012, or early 2013), every time you surf to a "new" website, you get this question about yes or no accepting cookies. Every time. Mostly in green ("yes") or red ("no"). So I'm totally fed up with this whole cookie-thing.