Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Main Course
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:54 am

Gosh.

No one could have predicted this.
Carlos Garcia

A study shows that there are stunning consequences to the “Me Too” movement against sexual harassment that the proponents probably didn’t foresee and definitely will not support.

A backlash that will limit opportunities for women

The Society for Human Resource Management published a report Thursday that documented the result of the movement that called on society to believe allegations of sexual harassment without question.

According to the study, nearly a third of executives report that they have “changed their behaviors to a moderate, great or very great extent to avoid behavior that could be perceived as sexual harassment.”

The CEO of the SHRM, Johnny C. Taylor Jr., explained that “some of the more concerning pieces of data that came out of the research are around the concern that there may be a backlash of sorts.”

“There were men who specifically said I will not hire a woman going forward,” he explained.

“Those who said they would hire a woman said they would not travel with one, and they, more importantly they would not engage in activities after business hours,” Taylor added.

“And you know oftentimes, that’s when the relationships are built,” he continued, “after hours dinners with clients, et cetera, trips, I’m a lawyer for example, and you know, you’re the associate, and the partner won’t travel with you for fear that it could be perceived, or he could be subject to a sexual harassment claim.”

A culture of “guilty until proven innocent”

Taylor said that companies need to be careful about how to implement new policies because of the “Me Too” movement.

“We can’t let the pendulum swing too far,” he explained. “Organizations must be careful not to create a culture of ‘guilty until proven innocent’ and we cannot tolerate other unintended consequences.”

That is exactly the criticism that many supporters of Brett Kavanaugh made, including some lawmakers, about the allegations made against him in order to derail his nomination. Kavanaugh was sworn in to the Supreme Court on Monday.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/0 ... um=twitter
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

erkat
Stew Ingredient

Re: Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Post by erkat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 am

Wow.
All that men had to do was not grope women and they can't even manage that.
Sad.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Re: Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am

Speak for yourself.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 am

Woah, did you blaze up while reading The Blaze?

You’d have to to believe that bullshit.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

andybox
Stew Ingredient

Post by andybox » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am

erkat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 am
Wow.
All that men had to do was not grope women and they can't even manage that.
Sad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs never hit you when you're down so low.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am

Godjira wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 am
Woah, did you blaze up while reading The Blaze?

You’d have to to believe that bullshit.
I don’t know much about The Blaze. Have the legacy media reported this study?

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/ ... ffect.aspx

They tend to cover up this stuff.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am

It’s Glenn Beck’s site.

I went and read the original. It doesn’t suggest the things suggested in the Blaze up article.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:52 am

I mean, there might be a few oddballs who are so afraid of false sexual harassment accusations that they won’t hire women, but then they’ll end up really breaking the law.

So, out of fear of imagined lawsuits they’ll open themselves up to real lawsuits.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 am

I think the real problem is the disposal of the presumption of innocence as an optional nuisance.

It turns out that progressives are doing far more to trash democratic principles than Trump.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 am

But, is that really happening in the workplace?

And is it a democratic principle to endure harassment?

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:15 am

Nah, they're a fucken pain in the arse to have around the workplace, useless fucking cunts of things, no offense or nothin, but I wouldn't hire one either..
All they do is bitch and whine and cause fucken problems in a tranquil workplace..

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am

Where is the data?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk