Boys More Likely To Be Victims of Dating Violence Than Girls

Main Course
eric84

Re: Boys More Likely To Be Victims of Dating Violence Than Girls

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Argon wants to use beaten children as a way to troll liberals, because literally nothing is so awful that it deserves serious consideration when there are anonymous people on the internet to berate. But the study points to a real puzzle in understanding interpersonal violence, and set of victims that deserve more.
What is worse is that sometimes expresses great outrage at child sexual abuse. But, again, it's situational with him. Now he doesn't care about it. Like almost every other belief he has. Classic bad faith arguments.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Oh, and if anyone is interested in reading the full study, I can paste it here for free (unless there's a way to attach PDFs?).

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 pm

It's funny that Argie pretended to link directly to the journal article itself. Particularly funny because he attacks academia but would rather not want people to know that he reads far right websites.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:10 pm

eric84 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 pm
Argon wants to use beaten children as a way to troll liberals, because literally nothing is so awful that it deserves serious consideration when there are anonymous people on the internet to berate. But the study points to a real puzzle in understanding interpersonal violence, and set of victims that deserve more.
What is worse is that sometimes expresses great outrage at child sexual abuse. But, again, it's situational with him. Now he doesn't care about it. Like almost every other belief he has. Classic bad faith arguments.
All I do is hold you to your own rules.

What’s wrong with that?
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

eric84 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 pm
It's funny that Argie pretended to link directly to the journal article itself. Particularly funny because he attacks academia but would rather not want people to know that he reads far right websites.
I posted both links.

You idiot.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:10 pm
eric84 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 pm
All I do is hold you to your own rules.

What’s wrong with that?
Why did you mislead by pretending to link directly to the study rather than a far right version of the story, Argie?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 pm

* burp *

This is all you boys have got.

I posted both links.

Read the thread champ.
Last edited by Argonheart_Po on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm

So, anyone want to actually talk about dating violence like men?

I’ve never experienced it and I’ve done some heavy shit. Would be delighted to open the conversation to people who’ve lived a bit.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm

What heavy shit have you done?

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Oh, I forgot. There was that time a woman from the Army sucked me off in a bar when I wasn’t really into it but that’s just a “meh” memory and it’s not like someone bigger forced themselves on me, which happens to literally every woman you and I know.

A lot of men get raped, but that’s never happened to me. I’ve always been able to swerve and get out.

I mean, I don’t expect a Po post to be about personal experience, just sweaty palms and a breathless abusive desire to upset. But since nobody is upset by Po why not get your dick out and tell us about yourself? Men will never be free until the dweebs open up like the jocks do, after all.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Careful! Going from the above, he is going to answer every post you make with an insinuation that you are a rapist, gay and a gay rapist.

That's how the Poo mind works.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm

I’ve never experienced it and I’ve done some heavy shit. Would be delighted to open the conversation to people who’ve lived a bit.
Really? Even on the extremely broad terms of the question from the survey? I've certainly been slapped a handful of times, but, maybe to the point of the study, would never identify as being the victim of relationship violence. Had I punched the same woman, it would obviously have been construed as very serious.

What that contributes to the #MeToo revelations urging men to understand that women deal with frequent assaults is less clear to me. These incidents are extremely isolated in my history, and far, far fewer men die in intimate partner violence than women. As a result, I'm tempted to interpret these studies as design effects that don't erode the sense that women face greater levels of violence and threat than vice versa.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 pm

As a result, I'm tempted to interpret these studies as design effects that don't erode the sense that women face greater levels of violence and threat than vice versa.
This is pretty stilted writing.

What I meant is that the question at issue doesn't measure 1) the number of times a person was hurt in the last year or 2) the severity of the injury. I suspect that lots of dudes occasionally get slapped by angry adolescent chicks, but that women are more likely to face repeated abuse from multiple abuses in the form of more severe injury. That's a guess I'm making to draw these studies in line with other things we know about domestic violence and sexual assault.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 pm

You do realize, TGL, now that you've posted the above, according to Poo:

You've been beaten up by women
You've beaten up women

He's giggling and pawing himself as we speak.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:43 pm

That's fine. I also sometimes give change to bums knowing they'll drink it away.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:51 pm

True.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Why does Poo keep coming on here posting bullshit of all kinds?
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Yeah really. Everyone’s been slapped, bitten or humiliated but let’s be frank, men who experience this and can’t get away from it are a special category.

If the elderly right wing men are trying to reduce other men to a special group requiring state protection from aggression by women then we need to kick that shit to the kerb. They’re not us and until they’re willing to share the money they don’t care about us either. Real men don’t eat scraps from the top table, they get their own.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm
Yeah really. Everyone’s been slapped, bitten or humiliated...

They really haven't.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeah really. Everyone’s been slapped, bitten or humiliated but let’s be frank, men who experience this and can’t get away from it are a special category.
I'm a little unclear on what your post means, but the question in the survey would count "everyone who's been slapped" in the same category as "men who can't get away from it," which is one of the study's main limitations.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:16 pm

DCComic wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 pm
Chi_Rup wrote:

They really haven't.
Your inability to recognise humiliation is the source of literally all your problems in this community.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 pm

jedgarandclyde wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 pm
Why does Poo keep coming on here posting bullshit of all kinds?
I'm guessing it's either that or suicide at this point.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:16 pm
DCComic wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 pm
Chi_Rup wrote:

They really haven't.
Your inability to recognise humiliation is the source of literally all your problems in this community.
Yeah.
Zing.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 pm

I think what Chi is saying is that everyone has faced rejection couched in less-than-sympathetic terms.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 pm
I think what Chi is saying is that everyone has faced rejection couched in less-than-sympathetic terms.
And what Chi is saying is incorrect.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 pm

You've never been kicked to the curb?

I -no shrinking violet, and certainly someone with a healthy ego - have been.

And it sucked.

And I know I have done it in turn. And that sucked too. I'm not proud about it.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 pm
Of course.
Always either by long-shots whose opinion didn't matter or people I liked who were decent about it.

Certainly nothing I'd liken to a physical beating.

Half the people on here may have been raised in zoos but the rest of us weren't.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Crap, according to Poo I am now a lesbian terrorist who had sex with my mom in order to help Hillary Clinton rape kids in pizza parlors.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 pm

DCComic wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 pm
BulletPark wrote:
Of course.
Always either by long-shots whose opinion didn't matter or people I liked who were decent about it.

Certainly nothing I'd liken to a physical beating.

Half the people on here may have been raised in zoos but the rest of us weren't.
I agree with what you're saying, but would be hesitant to think that a rejection can't be damaging for very young people. Ironically enough, when liars like Poo spin it into a vindictive fantasy.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Unless you Ikve in a world where every team, part, lust object and job falls at your feet there will be rejection. It needn’t be cruel.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:31 am

thegreenlantern wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:30 pm
Chi_Rup wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Really? Even on the extremely broad terms of the question from the survey? I've certainly been slapped a handful of times, but, maybe to the point of the study, would never identify as being the victim of relationship violence. Had I punched the same woman, it would obviously have been construed as very serious.

What that contributes to the #MeToo revelations urging men to understand that women deal with frequent assaults is less clear to me. These incidents are extremely isolated in my history, and far, far fewer men die in intimate partner violence than women. As a result, I'm tempted to interpret these studies as design effects that don't erode the sense that women face greater levels of violence and threat than vice versa.
I agree with all of this. I don’t think it matters that girls slap boys, I just like to hold the worthy left to Alinsky’s rule number 4. Which account for at least 50% of my posts here.

I’ve been slapped several times. I used to like fiery women. But what really stands out is one psycho-chick stabbing me in the head with a screwdriver. From behind while I was sitting down. It actually embeddd itself.

I threw her out of the flat. ‘Really! You’re throwing me out!’ She then knocked on all the doors on the way down to tell the neighbours that I was a terrible fuck. Much to the hilarity of my friends - and me after a while. Later she sent me a book - Siddhartha - it was covered in blood/mud? And had nude photos taped into it. Later still she turned up at work in London wearing nothing but a raincoat and trainers, in an attempt to rekindle our relationship.

Lots of nutty women on the Stones tours, but if you’re prepared to give out blow job for a 2 minute glimpse of Mick Jagger backstage, some mental instability is par for the course.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 am

BulletPark wrote:

And it sucked.

Precious.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 am

I just like to hold the worthy left to Alinsky’s rule number 4. Which account for at least 50% of my posts here.
It just admitted to making over 9,000 posts dedicated to "Alinsky's rule number 4". What was it you used to babble about finding something useful to do with your life before it's too late? It's too late for you, isn't it?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 am

Chi_Rup wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm
Oh, I forgot. There was that time a woman from the Army sucked me off in a bar when I wasn’t really into it but that’s just a “meh” memory and it’s not like someone bigger forced themselves on me, which happens to literally every woman you and I know.

A lot of men get raped, but that’s never happened to me. I’ve always been able to swerve and get out.

I mean, I don’t expect a Po post to be about personal experience, just sweaty palms and a breathless abusive desire to upset. But since nobody is upset by Po why not get your dick out and tell us about yourself? Men will never be free until the dweebs open up like the jocks do, after all.
It’s not exactly “heavy shit” is it? Except if you’re an invalid I suppose.

Surely, you’ve got something better?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:46 am

Moethebartender wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 am
I just like to hold the worthy left to Alinsky’s rule number 4. Which account for at least 50% of my posts here.
It just admitted to making over 9,000 posts dedicated to "Alinsky's rule number 4". What was it you used to babble about finding something useful to do with your life before it's too late? It's too late for you, isn't it?
My life’s been great. It still is. I live the life you always hoped for.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 am

Yeah. Not really. You spend most of your day being this branch's version of Manch Vegas and displaying roughly similar personal skills. You ought to just take up the vodka habit and go all in, son. How long do you go without logging in most days, would you say?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 am
BulletPark wrote:

And it sucked.

Precious.
Cummed again, eh?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 am

Moethebartender wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 am
Yeah. Not really. You spend most of your day being this branch's version of Manch Vegas and displaying roughly similar personal skills. You ought to just take up the vodka habit and go all in, son. How long do you go without logging in most days, would you say?
I spend a few toilet moments here and there. And maybe during coffee, or after dinner for 15 minutes.

But the difference between you and me Moe, is you follow me. You follow me.

I don’t care what you have to say, if indeed you post your own threads. Do you? I’ve no idea. If you do, how often do I reply?

You follow me Moe.

Peace be upon you.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 am

Follow you? You're most of the front page, you clueless cunt. You're as unavoidable as Drunkvegas. You spam and you spam, oh my how you spam.

If someone engages you seriously, you flee. If they ridicule you for the dumb cunt you are, you cry like a little bitch. What exactly are you getting out of all this?

You clearly care very much what I have to say, Po. No matter what, you never fail to reply.

Of course, you don't do other people's threads, Po. Coincidentally, neither does drunk vegas. Funny, eh?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am

Yeah, they're kind of the same people. Although I don't see Manch as willfully nasty.

I suspect Poo is a "dry drunk" with similar personality issues.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 am

Moethebartender wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 am
Follow you? You're most of the front page, you clueless cunt. You're as unavoidable as Drunkvegas. You spam and you spam, oh my how you spam.

If someone engages you seriously, you flee. If they ridicule you for the dumb cunt you are, you cry like a little bitch. What exactly are you getting out of all this?

You clearly care very much what I have to say, Po. No matter what, you never fail to reply.

Of course, you don't do other people's threads, Po. Coincidentally, neither does drunk vegas. Funny, eh?
You’re a fan.

You follow me.

equus
Modern Leftits

Post by equus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 pm

I posted both links.
Ah great, thanks. Which is the link to the non-paywalled version that you've read? Or if you've been behind the paywall, can you cut and paste please.
If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists.

goo.gl/5i3gvB

equus
Modern Leftits

Post by equus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am

thegreenlantern wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Argon wants to use beaten children as a way to troll liberals,
He has previously confessed to being a troll. It's quite clear he hasn't read his own study.
If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists.

goo.gl/5i3gvB

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:45 am

Is this your best?

That I posted a link to the study and a link to the opinion piece and there is a paywall to one of them.

That’s all you can come up with? More than one of you.

Is this an internet win? You’ve achieved something?

Well done tiger.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 am

Those opinion pieces don’t mean anything. You may as well post nothing.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am

The 14 studies don’t mean anything?

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 am

Godjira wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 am
Those opinion pieces don’t mean anything. You may as well post nothing.
If anything, Poo posting nothing would actually be an improvement.......
He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 am

I’m sure.

You Group-Thinkers could carry on your decade long circle-jerk without having to view anything that your media gatekeepers haven’t already pre-approved for you.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:24 am

Well, if you’re so outside the gates, why did you cite a specifically right wing blog? Sounds crazy.

I suggest you read the 14 studies yourself and summarize and link their findings.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 am

Oh, poor Poo. Such a misguided and misplaced sense of superiority......that torture chamber really damaged him, didn't it?
He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.