Dangerous time to be a man.

Main Course
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Osborn, then a student at Cosby High School, sexually assaulted the 14-year-old girl after they attended a school play together. Prosecutors said Osborn went on a walk with the girl, who didn't know the Cosby campus, and when the path ended at a fence, Osborn became aggressive.

Barr said he forced the 14-year-old onto her knees, then tied a belt around her neck and hands before the assault. Osborn released her around the time her mother was supposed to pick her up.

Barr argued that the former high school wrestler had a history of sexual assault – at the age of 12 he was charged with grabbing a student's genitals, according to the paper. Girls accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior on seven different occasions, Barr said.

Clinical psychologist Dr. Evan Nelson also testified that Osborn has a "moderately high risk" of reoffending, based on standardized tests.

Osborn, who will have to register as a sex offender, lost an academic scholarship to the University of Mary Washington, according to the Times-Dispatch.
No jail time.

The victim told police that 34-year-old Schneider offered her a ride from a gas station in Anchorage to Muldoon, Alaska. Schneider introduced himself as “Dan” and said he knew the victim, but she denied ever having met him, APD Detective Brett Sarber wrote in the criminal complaint.

Instead of driving to Muldoon, Schneider drove in a different direction, parked his SUV and asked the victim to get out. Schneider then tackled her and told her he was going kill her.

“She said she could not fight him off, he was too heavy and had her down being choked to death,” Sarber wrote. “[The victim] said she lost consciousness, thinking she was going to die.”

Schneider reportedly strangled her until she was unconscious and then masturbated on her, according to court documents. When she woke up, he told her he was not going to kill her but needed her to believe she would die “so that he could be sexually fulfilled.”

He was charged with four felony counts. However, a plea deal between his defense team and the state allowed him to plead guilty to one felony assault and get no jail time, with credit for time served and probation.

“But I would like the gentleman to be on notice that this is his one pass,” state prosecutor Andrew Grannik said in court on Wednesday, according to KTVA. “It’s not really a pass, but given the conduct, one might consider that it is.”

Judge Michael Corey accepted the plea deal, citing the possibility of rehabilitation. “This can never happen again,” Corey reportedly told Schneider.
No jail time.

I heard on NPR just now that the prosecutor told the judge that Schneider had lost his job and that that was punishment enough, "a life sentence". And that Schneider didn't apologize, but did thank the court and told the court that this had been an opporunity for him to become a better husband and a better father.

So look out, men. A mere accusation of sexual assault could cost you a scholarship or your job, provided that it is true and that you choked your victim, even if not necessarily to unconsciousness.

Won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court, but still.

. . .

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Re: Dangerous time to be a man.

Post by 5waldos » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Doesn’t seem like it will keep you out of the Oval Office either.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:46 pm

Well, so far we only have Trump's word for his being guilty of sexual assault. I'm not sure we can believe anything he says, even an admission of guilt.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 pm
So look out, men. A mere accusation of sexual assault could cost you a scholarship or your job, provided that it is true and that you choked your victim, even if not necessarily to unconsciousness.

Won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court, but still.

. . .
Did women #1 and #2 wait 36 years to talk to the cops, like the lying biatch did?

Did women #1 and #2 know nothing about their assaults except that their rapists were anti-Roe, like the lying biatch did?

Were women #1 and #2 PhD psychologists who taught people how to beat polygraph tests, and lied about it under oath, like the lying biatch did?

Does Vinny really have an alleged law degree?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 am

I've found that acting like a decent person in real life tends to obviate the problems that arise from being an asshole.
I am Stalking you.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 am

1. Paul Nungesser
2. Duke Lacrosse rape case
3. Sacred Heart Football
4. U of Virginia false rape case
5. Brian Banks.

These are off the top of my head. I'm Sure they all figure into VinnyDouche's self-righteousness.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:30 am

VinnyD wrote:Well, so far we only have Trump's word for his being guilty of sexual assault. I'm not sure we can believe anything he says, even an admission of guilt.
That’s true.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:39 am

Wouldn't it be funny to see Vinny raked over the coals by a mob of tards after he was falsely accused of rape?

Or maybe it would just be sad ... because he would automatically believe the woman too!
The First White Man to Ever be Woke

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:43 am

Annotated wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:39 am
Wouldn't it be funny to see Vinny raked over the coals by a mob of tards after he was falsely accused of rape?

Or maybe it would just be sad ... because he would automatically believe the woman too!
Knowing that he is an evil, white man (redundant), the alleged lawyer would take it in stride, I'm sure.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 am

misanthrope wrote:1. Paul Nungesser
3. Sacred Heart Football
5. Brian Banks.

These are off the top of my head. I'm Sure they all figure into VinnyDouche's self-righteousness.
You can’t think of 5 times women have actually been raped off the top of your head?

It’s depressingly easy to think of hundreds.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 am

How much time have the false accusers served? It should be the same as rape. The Sacred Heart girl is in some trouble. Mattress Girl got inveited by Kirsten Gillibrand to the State of the Union as a special guest. Fucking incredible.

My son is going to be so fucking red pill.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:08 am

Godjira wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 am
misanthrope wrote:1. Paul Nungesser
3. Sacred Heart Football
5. Brian Banks.

You can’t think of 5 times women have actually been raped off the top of your head?

It’s depressingly easy to think of hundreds.
These are 5 very high profile cases in which the men were falsely accused. I'm not going to deny the danger and repercussions of rape, but the sheer number of high profile cases makes me think that the stats are BS. Like that move "The Hunting Season". A bunch of Harvard Law School profs destroyed that "documentary".

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 am

I would worry more about my daughter than my son, and I think that it’s odd to hear someone who openly admitted to grabbing women without their consent could lament women accusing men of such behavior, as the President has done.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 am

If only this thread was about moooooslims, then the modern right could be convinced there’s a rape epidemic.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:30 am

eric84 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 am
If only this thread was about moooooslims, then the modern right could be convinced there’s a rape epidemic.
Perfect

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 am

eric84 wrote:
Mooslums love raping women, unless you are implying that this victim and Laureate is a liar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia_Murad
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:57 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 am
eric84 wrote:
Mooslums love raping women, unless you are implying that this victim and Laureate is a liar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia_Murad
See, what did I tell you!
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:03 am

Ha!

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 am

VinnyD wrote:
Won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court, but still
Sorry to get nit picky on you, Vinny, but unlike in the two examples you gave, Kavanaugh hasn't been convicted or plead guilty to sexual assault. Surely a detail oriented guy like you can see that difference.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:03 am
Mooslums are cuddly.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 am
temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:03 am
Mooslums are cuddly.
What a silly sausage you are!

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:14 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 am
VinnyD wrote:
Won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court, but still
Sorry to get nit picky on you, Vinny, but unlike in the two examples you gave, Kavanaugh hasn't been convicted or plead guilty to sexual assault. Surely a detail oriented guy like you can see that difference.
Surely an erudite person such as yourself can see that a Senate Confirmation Hearing is not a trial, but a review of fitness to be a Supreme Court justice.

The fact it got derailed by the hyperpartisanship of your political system is a different issue. Maybe he will make a good judge. Scumbag sexual antics by men has never been a problem in the past, eh? Nor has being part of the system.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:20 am

Had Kavanaugh had any past convictions of sexual assault as with the two examples Vinny cited, then I doubt he would have been confirmed. Vinny's last sentence saying that sexual assault won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court is wrong and just plain dumb.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:20 am
Had Kavanaugh had any past convictions of sexual assault as with the two examples Vinny cited, then I doubt he would have been confirmed. Vinny's last sentence saying that sexual assault won't cost you a seat on the Supreme Court is wrong and just plain dumb.
The core competency of every leftist is an ability and eagerness to lie to themselves, about everything.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 am

It's just rhetoric.

We all do it.

Personally, I think Kavanaugh acts like a big entitled baby. Lots of men are like that. I regularly have run ins with sexist middleaged men at my local shopping centre. It's kind of a hobby of mine. They run away in fear the moment they realise you don't love and admire them.

The woman who testified wiped the floor with him in comparison, in terms of her dignity and maturity.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm only a girl when it comes down to it.

#mind the vaginas!

matt_melb
Stew Ingredient

Post by matt_melb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:39 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 am
I regularly have run ins with sexist middleaged men at my local shopping centre.
I was trying to think of a smart-arsed reply to this, something like: 'Really? The middle-aged men at my shopping centre are mostly just sitting quietly on the benches waiting for their wives to finish the shopping.'

Then it occurred to me that might be the kind of thing you're talking about.

(I don't sit on the bench. I just hang around in the carpark waiting for dBro to turn up.)

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 am

matt_melb wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:39 am
temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 am
I regularly have run ins with sexist middleaged men at my local shopping centre.
I was trying to think of a smart-arsed reply to this, something like: 'Really? The middle-aged men at my shopping centre are mostly just sitting quietly on the benches waiting for their wives to finish the shopping.'

Then it occurred to me that might be the kind of thing you're talking about.

(I don't sit on the bench. I just hang around in the carpark waiting for dBro to turn up.)
Ha! No, it's a type. They have beards, they are alone. They either drive huuuuge perfectly maintained SUVs or scooty little sports cars.

They always do something ridiculous, like the one who decided he wanted to park right next to me in an almost empty carpark. My trolley was in the space and I was chatting with my next door neighbour. I've told the story before. He took exception when I muttered silly old bugger to myself as I moved my trolley. "What did you say?, What did you say"? he cried. So I told him ...

Things like that.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:20 am
How about Clarence Thomas? Did he sexually harass Anita hill?

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:59 am

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:09 am

I’m asking you, Steve.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:11 am

I don't know what happened between Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill, just as I don't know what really happened at the alleged party between Kavanaugh and my Palo Alto neighbor. I really don't know.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 am

Eric, why don't you ask Vinny how he knows that Kavanaugh committed sexual assault?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:11 am
I don't know what happened between Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill, just as I don't know what really happened at the alleged party between Kavanaugh and my Palo Alto neighbor. I really don't know.
Of course

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 am
Eric, why don't you ask Vinny how he knows that Kavanaugh committed sexual assault?
why? It really isn’t even that relevant to me.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:22 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 pm
Did women #1 and #2 know nothing about their assaults except that their rapists were anti-Roe, like the lying biatch did?
That is untrue.
Probably the rest of your post is untrue too.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:26 am

5waldos wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm
Doesn’t seem like it will keep you out of the Oval Office either.
Bill Clinton is a rapist.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am

Leave off the Supreme Court line if you like. That was not the point of the OP.

Is this a dangerous time to be a man? More that to be a woman?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 am

Yes.

It’s always more dangerous.

Men make up four out of ever five murder victims - worldwide.They are assaulted at much greater levels and with more violence. They commit suicide much more often. They are more likely to be killed in accidents. They don’t live as long as women.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am

That’s not the context Trump was using, as you know. He was claiming that it was some kind of common hazard for men to be falsely acclaimed, which is bullshit.

What he really means is that it is dangerous if you’re a man who wants to rape and assault women and get away with it, and what he really hopes is that it is a dangerous time for victims to come forward and be believed.

But, mostly Trump is subhuman filth.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am

Po, "It's always more dangerous" does not establish that this is a particularly dangerous time to be a man.

If you meed me to explain why not, just say so.

It isn't even a particularly dangerous time for male rapists, if the two cases I cite are typical.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am

Also, a majority of Republicans think that attempted rape should not keep you off the Supreme Court (if you're a Republican).

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am
Po, "It's always more dangerous" does not establish that this is a particularly dangerous time to be a man.

If you meed me to explain why not, just say so.

It isn't even a particularly dangerous time for male rapists, if the two cases I cite are typical.
Yeah. Go ahead. Tell me.

Using the information provided by me - and easily verified - about global rates of murders and assaults and suicides and accidents - you go ahead and tell me, if you can, that it’s not more dangerous for men.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Men comprise the vast majority of the world's murderers and rapists and other violent criminals, including murderers of women.

I might not be woke enough to realize how awful it is in America for a white male like me. Judging by the whining of people like Argonhead, it's pretty damn bad.
I am Stalking you.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Po, do you believe that this is an especially dangerous time for men? On what grounds?

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Yeah, in consideration of all of those things, it’s much safer time to be a man today than a man 40 years ago.

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:14 pm
Po, do you believe that this is an especially dangerous time for men? On what grounds?
Maybe a 21:00 curfew for all men is a good idea for our own safety......

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... anger-fear
Sloths defy logic.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

DCComic wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:22 am
Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 pm
That is untrue.
It is quite true. Which is why the Dumbocrats gave up on their 'sexual assault' attack, and reverted to their "we don't like how he responded when we attacked him" attack.
Probably the rest of your post is untrue too.
The rest of my post is true as well, which is why Vinny passed it by.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm
the Dumbocrats gave up on their 'sexual assault' attack, and reverted to their "we don't like how he responded when we attacked him" attack
Yes, it was pretty telling how they shifted tactics on that when the sexual assault charges didn't pan out. Good description.

Paddox1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Paddox1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Brodie - you beat me to it

Paddox1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Paddox1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm
the Dumbocrats gave up on their 'sexual assault' attack, and reverted to their "we don't like how he responded when we attacked him" attack
Yes, it was pretty telling how they shifted tactics on that when the sexual assault charges didn't pan out. Good description.
Did you like the way he responded? Are you pleased he’s been accepted? Do you feel he was the best candidate for the job?