The Saudi cunts.

Main Course
User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28293
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

The Saudi cunts.

Post by andybox » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 am

Here we sit with a schooner of ale,

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:51 am

The Saudis are our allies and clients.
Whoever made a quid building and marketing the munitions used here should be stood in front of the relatives of the dead.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am

Monday, 10 July 2017 - 11:00am
Save the Children deeply disappointed by High Court decision that finds UK arms sales to Saudi Arabia are lawful.
George Graham, Director of Conflict and Humanitarian Policy at Save the Children, said:
“We are deeply disappointed by this decision. Britain is selling bombs to Saudi Arabia for use in Yemen. And the Saudi-led coalition is killing children in repeated violations of international humanitarian law. This is not a point of contention – the evidence is overwhelming. It has been documented by UN reports, by aid groups on the ground and by credible human rights organisations.
“Our teams on the ground have seen first-hand what attacks by the Saudi-led coalition mean for children. Like the two little girls we’re helping who were bombed at a funeral in February. One lost every finger on her right hand, the other girl lost her mother. But they were lucky – another child was killed.
“We can be proud of the difference the UK is making in Yemen – British aid is keeping children alive. But at the same time, our weapons are helping to fuel a war that is killing children and destroying their schools and hospitals. As a nation, our greatest export should be hope, not fear.
“We continue to believe that the UK will stand taller in the world if we make the right decision and immediately suspend arms sales to Saudi Arabia.”
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 am

UK sales of arms and military kit to Saudi Arabia hit £1.1bn in 2017
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9812
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by brodie_bruce » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Sloths defy logic.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I somehow knew Israel was going o be introduced this thread, but I fully expected Cunty to be the one or do it, BTW, tha is one twisted article.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:25 pm

This is not about Israel, you drooling halfwit.
Great Godwin though.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm guessing you dod not take a look at the article Brodie posted.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Why are you so pathetically desperate for everything to be about you?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm

YOu're seriously a cunt

Saudi Arabia and Israel are killing civilians – and Britain is complicit
Owen Jones
\
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Because you wanted to make a story about kids being killed all about you?
Look at yourself.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2834
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Equating Saudia Arabia with Israel is harebrained. But I agree that selling arms to Saudia Arabia is unjustifiable and should be stopped.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:45 pm

LonelyTeaPot wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Equating Saudia Arabia with Israel is harebrained. But I agree that selling arms to Saudia Arabia is unjustifiable and should be stopped.
The world turned upside-down.

Yes.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:54 pm

y LonelyTeaPot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Equating Saudia Arabia with Israel is harebrained. Yes. Cunty ignored that

But I agree that selling arms to Saudi Arabia is unjustifiable and should be stopped
yes, and the UNSC and UNGA has to condemn Saudi actions
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

What is the matter with you? The only person to mention Israel here was you, you total idiot.

Condemnation is window dressing. Just stop giving them weapons.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Hmm. once agin, yo missed the article posted by Brodie. So you're quiet wrong
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

The thread is above your post. Even you should be able to mouth your way through it in an hour or two. No Israel here, until you cherry-picked an aside from a link and decided it was all about you.

Do you think selling weapons to the Saudis is a good or bad idea?
Why?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Once agin for the thick Cunt. his was posted before I even repsonded to the thread

brodie_bruce » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... inian-arms

And it's wrong for the US and UK to be selling arms to Saudi just lie it is wrong for Russia to be helping the Syrian blasting away their people
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Yemani Kids
Saudis dropping bombs on them
The Brits selling bombs to the Saudis.

Does anybody think that selling the Saudis weapons is a good thing?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 pm

No one thinks that. Do you think the same about the Russians and Assad?
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Of course.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15912
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Don't you?
Doesn't everybody?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12480
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm


Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Finally, some self awareness from moe.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15410
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:32 pm

I was thinking it was a decent encapsulation of the board as a whole, myself.

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2834
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Sounds as if Elon Musk is about to sell his soul to the sheitan too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45173541
Elon Musk has outlined his plan to take Tesla private and said he discussed financing the deal with Saudi Arabia.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

polardude1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 pm
No one thinks that. Do you think the same about the Russians and Assad?
Loads of people think selling weapons to Saudi is a good thing. Including I imagine plenty on this board.
I could come up with a list of reasons why, but it should be obvious.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:37 pm

The main reason then? The Soviet Union. The main reason noW? iran
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

They’re the likely justifications, yep. Plus probably some anti-terror angle. At a guess I presume the reasons also include making lots of money for shareholders and middlemen, ensuring large sales that then bring unit cost down so the weapons systems and maintenance contracts etc can be sold more competitively to other countries, thus making more money. There’ll be another justification linked to job preservation or creation in western constituencies (state, county etc), which keeps further pressure on western governments to agree.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:45 pm

There’ll be another justification linked to job preservation or creation in western constituencies (state, county etc), which keeps further pressure on western governments to agree.
Yup
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Well, we know now that the whole reformer agenda of MBS is a complete load of bs as the feud with Canada demonstrates.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm

eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm
Well, we know now that the whole reformer agenda of MBS is a complete load of bs as the feud with Canada demonstrates.
I disagree - it’s happening, but it’s being done under Saudi’s own terms, to meet their own reform aims, not to meet a set of “western” ideas associated with reform, and preached by outsiders.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm
eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm
Well, we know now that the whole reformer agenda of MBS is a complete load of bs as the feud with Canada demonstrates.
I disagree - it’s happening, but it’s being done under Saudi’s own terms, to meet their own reform aims, not to meet a set of “western” ideas associated with reform, and preached by outsiders.
Oh good god. Human rights are not 'western' ideas, Simon. They're universally recognized and Saudi is a signatory to them. How they've responded to Canada is an utter disgrace.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Your mistake here is to mention human rights and assume they’re the focus of “the reforms”. That isn’t the case.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Your mistake here is to mention human rights and assume they’re the focus of “the reforms”. That isn’t the case.
Obviously not given their reaction to Canada. No shortage of Saudi apologists in the West as I guess you demonstrate.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Your mistake here is to mention human rights and assume they’re the focus of “the reforms”. That isn’t the case.
Obviously not given their reaction to Canada. No shortage of Saudi apologists in the West as I guess you demonstrate.
And your mistake here (a big one) is to assume that, because I’m explaining something from another point of view, I agree with it. Come on Eric...
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm
eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Your mistake here is to mention human rights and assume they’re the focus of “the reforms”. That isn’t the case.
Obviously not given their reaction to Canada. No shortage of Saudi apologists in the West as I guess you demonstrate.
And your mistake here (a big one) is to assume that, because I’m explaining something from another point of view, I agree with it. Come on Eric...
It certainly sounds like you are. Maybe you want to clarify that with us.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59787
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Even in Canada money talks, human rights concenrs walk

Concerned Canadian:
Oh good god. Human rights are not 'western' ideas, Simon. They're universally recognized and Saudi is a signatory to them. How they've responded to Canada is an utter disgrace.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... [quote]“So I am asking the prime minister, what does he think about Canada potentially being complicit in international human rights violations?” Laverdière asked. “How can we say Canada’s foreign policy is progressive and feminist when we continue to sell arms to Saudi Arabia?”

Trudeau responded by arguing that his government had little choice but to respect the contract signed by the previous government. “Permits are only approved if the exports are consistent with our foreign and defence policies, including human rights,” said Trudeau. “Our approach fully meets our national obligations and Canadian laws.”

Cesar Jaramillo of Project Ploughshares, a Canadian disarmament group, described Trudeau’s response as “flawed logic”, as it is up to his government to set out the parameters of Canada’s foreign and defence policy.

“We also think it flies in the face of this feminist agenda of the Canadian government, which is now being sold as the centrepiece of Canadian foreign policy. Yet at exactly the same time we are arming one of the most repressive regimes on the planet for women,” said Jaramillo. “So I think there’s a clear gap between the rhetoric and the action of the Canadian government.”[/quote]
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Oh I agree. Unconscionable that we give them armaments used to oppress their citizenry.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 pm

eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm
eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm


Obviously not given their reaction to Canada. No shortage of Saudi apologists in the West as I guess you demonstrate.
And your mistake here (a big one) is to assume that, because I’m explaining something from another point of view, I agree with it. Come on Eric...
It certainly sounds like you are. Maybe you want to clarify that with us.
Us? I don’t see anyone else confused. But just for you...

Saudi has relaxed some of its harshest social laws (the women driving ban for example), and removing some of the women-men restrictions enforced by the muhawaeen. Woo hoo reform. But executions are on the up, more people have been arrested, and anyone who criticises gets punished more than before. So it’s not a huge surprise that they’ve over-reacted to the Canadian tweet.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 pm
eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm


And your mistake here (a big one) is to assume that, because I’m explaining something from another point of view, I agree with it. Come on Eric...
It certainly sounds like you are. Maybe you want to clarify that with us.
Us? I don’t see anyone else confused. But just for you...

Saudi has relaxed some of its harshest social laws (the women driving ban for example), and removing some of the women-men restrictions enforced by the muhawaeen. Woo hoo reform. But executions are on the up, more people have been arrested, and anyone who criticises gets punished more than before. So it’s not a huge surprise that they’ve over-reacted to the Canadian tweet.
I think executing people for being gay is a harsher social law but that's just me. It may be time to stop sending them arms. What do you think?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm

My personal view? Hell yeah, ditch the arms contracts. Sweden did, there have been domestic complaints that it just opens the way for competitors to sell arms (justifiable comment - it won’t change Saudi’s military power).
My diplomatic view? Trickier. Saudi will buy arms from somewhere. It could be argued that selling arms with caveats on their use acts as a slight deterrent to more barbaric practices vs. Saudi just buying arms from AN Other country that puts no clauses in their sales and purchase contracts. Although the Yemen war shows how weak this argument appears to be.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm

None of that has anything to do with executing homosexuals though, unless Canadian weapons are being used.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:46 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm
None of that has anything to do with executing homosexuals though, unless Canadian weapons are being used.
Of course it does. We placed sanctions on South African trade even if Canadian products were or weren't being used directly to imprison or murder black people.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15410
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm

How is this incident, tragic as it is, any different from what any other country has been doing?

The US has "accidentally" blown up enough civilians to populate Cilvilianland - the Land of Civilians.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm

eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:46 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm
None of that has anything to do with executing homosexuals though, unless Canadian weapons are being used.
Of course it does. We placed sanctions on South African trade even if Canadian products were or weren't being used directly to imprison or murder black people.
How far does one take this attitude? A ban on ALL trade and diplomatic contact? And for which other human rights violations?
I’m curious to see where we can end up with this thinking - where does one draw the red lines? Let’s have some fun here.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm
How is this incident, tragic as it is, any different from what any other country has been doing?

The US has "accidentally" blown up enough civilians to populate Cilvilianland - the Land of Civilians.
Collateral damage is entirely different.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm
eric84 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:46 pm
simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm
None of that has anything to do with executing homosexuals though, unless Canadian weapons are being used.
Of course it does. We placed sanctions on South African trade even if Canadian products were or weren't being used directly to imprison or murder black people.
How far does one take this attitude? A ban on ALL trade and diplomatic contact? And for which other human rights violations?
I’m curious to see where we can end up with this thinking - where does one draw the red lines? Let’s have some fun here.
You lack imagination. Yes, you could sever all relations, you could choose not to sell arms, you all sorts of things to express displeasure. If the Saudis decide not to change their behaviour (which wouldn't be surprising if it were just Canada), that's their call but you at least you're not contributing to their awful behaviour towards their citizens.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12856
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm

I don’t lack imagination, but I do see the far-reaching consequences of attempting something along those lines. Qatar also has the same punishment, as does Iran. Sever all ties with them too? How about China’s repressive laws aimed at its own citizens? Etc.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55332
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Saudi cunts.

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm
I don’t lack imagination, but I do see the far-reaching consequences of attempting something along those lines. Qatar also has the same punishment, as does Iran. Sever all ties with them too? How about China’s repressive laws aimed at its own citizens? Etc.
Yes, similar arguments were made against sanctions for South Africa. Again, you can take various actions to show displeasure at the human rights situation in a country you deal with from cutting off cultural exchanges, all the way to severing all ties and everything in between depending on the severity of what a regime is doing and their relative importance to you.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Post Reply