The Hypermasculinity of Homeless Men is Extremely Problematic

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

The Hypermasculinity of Homeless Men is Extremely Problematic

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 am

And the modern-left are on it!
As if the homeless didn’t have enough going against them, now, it turns out, the bastards engage in “compensatory masculinity,”..

I refer to a chapter in a new book that was written by Erin Dej, a criminologist at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ont.

Dej’s chapter is called When a Man’s Home Isn’t a Castle: Hegemonic Masculinity Among Men Experiencing Homelessness and Mental Illness.

Her conclusion is that while homeless men are denied the usual range of hypermasculine rewards (a house, a job, power, etc.) such are the benefits of “the patriarchal dividend” that they nonetheless “perform masculinity” and behave in the few hypermasculine ways that remain open to them.
And this time they’re right - expect for the nonsense that they attach to that finding - back in the day, I worked the door at a men’s shelter in Bristol. Those guys are fucking savages.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christ ... asculinity
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Re: The Hypermasculinity of Homeless Men is Extremely Problematic

Post by Andrea1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 am

Except?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Link provided.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:38 pm

The homeless are overwhelmingly male. As we all know, under-representation means discrimination. I for one am outraged that women are systemically denied the opportunity to be homeless.
here here..

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 pm

dBrother wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:38 pm
The homeless are overwhelmingly male. As we all know, under-representation means discrimination. I for one am outraged that women are systemically denied the opportunity to be homeless.
here here..
Not so much low hanging fruit as year-old compost.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 am
Except?
Erm, I was correcting a spelling error.
"...expect for the nonsense..."

You meant 'except', didn't you? Only, you seem to care more about (others) spelling errors than you do content so I was correcting one of yours. Helpful?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Gather close, Do-It-Yourself Poo posters! Here we observe the Poo in its natural environment, i.e., obfuscating stupidity. Watch and learn!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 am
Except?
Erm, I was correcting a spelling error.
"...expect for the nonsense..."

You meant 'except', didn't you? Only, you seem to care more about (others) spelling errors than you do content so I was correcting one of yours. Helpful?
Yes. Thank you.

Please correct all my spelling errors.

If it helps whatever you’re struggling with, I’m happy to participate.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:28 am

Po corrects a spelling on another thread, ignores the excellent content of the post, indicating that correcting spelling is more important than responding to post content, to him.
I notice Po has made a spelling error here, I correct it.
His response - 'link provided'.
Whoosh! He didn't connect the dots, clearly. I explained my original posting, asked him if it was helpful.
He INITIALLY replies "Yes, thank you". goes away, thinks about it, comes back some time later, edits, adding a request and an insult - mental health related, because that's his usual REPETITIVE insult go to.

Word sports marks -Your link response was dumb and unnecessary - 0/10.
I was going to give you 1/10 for the "Yes. Thank you." but the fact that you had to go away, think about it a lot and come back with a tired, repetitive mental health attack, nope. 0/10 for that, too.

His thread but no response to any of the on topic posters. Just me! No surprise there.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:34 am

Shhhhhh Andrea! Do not startle the Poo. We ave a chance to see him at his true character. Note the strike against strawmen feminists - a classic swipe against lefties - wed to a truly nasty dismissal of homeless men (despite his professed caring nature for the poor and dispossessed). A different poster might have argued that homeless men might have to assume a more aggressive character out of fears for personal safety and that the feminist critique cited is silly and harmful because it attacks people who are otherwise actually defenseless. But not Poo! No, everyone is an asshole in his very special world, except for himself.

Watch and learn!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am

Look at the pair of you.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 am

Po's word sports mark - that's what he comes here for, he says. 0/10. Really, really dull and unimaginative.

Bullet Park's post got 8/10, without even trying. - Style good - well written, you could learn a lot about writing from him Po, he runs rings around you. CONTENT - excellent. Not sure you understood it, though, it's way better than anything ORIGINAL you've ever written here. Bullet Park wasn't even trying.

It really must suck that he's so good (at word sports), EFFORTLESSLY, and you're so shite, despite all the effort you put in and importance you place on it.
Last edited by Andrea1 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 am

Can. You. Turn. Down. The. Shrill. Old. Bag. Volume. Please?

It’s too loud!

I can’t HEAR what you’re trying to say.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am

Went back and edited - decided 7 was too low a mark for Bullet Park's post, changed it to 8.

You heard fine, Po, stop fibbing.

0/10 for lying.
Last edited by Andrea1 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am

WHAT?

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am

Andrea1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am
Went back and edited - decided 7 was too low a mark for Bullet Park's post, changed it to 8.

0/10 for lying.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:23 am

For anybody who genuinely cares, part of Bullet Park's response to Po's own, original words - " Those guys (the homeless) are fucking savages."
BulletPark wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:34 am
...We ave a chance to see him (Po) at his true character. Note the strike against strawmen feminists - a classic swipe against lefties - wed to a truly nasty dismissal of homeless men (despite his professed caring nature for the poor and dispossessed)....

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 am

Andrea1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am
Andrea1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am

0/10 for lying.
Hang on.

In a thread where, at long and boring old person’s length, you complain about me editing something I wrote, you do exactly the same.

Are you retarded?

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 am

BulletPark wrote:Shhhhhh Andrea! Do not startle the Poo. We ave a chance to see him at his true character. Note the strike against strawmen feminists - a classic swipe against lefties - wed to a truly nasty dismissal of homeless men (despite his professed caring nature for the poor and dispossessed). A different poster might have argued that homeless men might have to assume a more aggressive character out of fears for personal safety and that the feminist critique cited is silly and harmful because it attacks people who are otherwise actually defenseless. But not Poo! No, everyone is an asshole in his very special world, except for himself.

Watch and learn!
Did anybody else read that is Sir David Attenborough’s voice?

Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:47 am

Linked to the Do-it-Yourself Poo poster thread.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 am

Po, I edited 7 to 8.

Yours went from 'Yes, thank you' to adding a mental health insult and a request that I correct all your spelling errors. Pathetic.

Your comprehension is shite, too - I didn't complain about you editing, I LAUGHED at what you edited, and how long it took you. You really shouldn't be accusing others of being retarded when you demonstrate such terrible understanding of the written word. I know you keep on saying that you can't read/hear and it's a lie but, well, people might start believing it.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 am

Really?

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 am
Really

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 am

Shh. The Poo is now at the one-word response level. Gather round and observe.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:14 am

BulletPark wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 am
Shh. The Poo is now at the one-word response level. Gather round and observe.
The Flame War survivor fires an arrow from his jungle hideout at the passing Argoncopter. When your only contribution to a forum is an obsession with another participant, you know that you’ve been crushed. The truth is in your actions. You’ve been smashed.

Time to pull yourself together soldier. Regather your semi-retarded Trust Fund Baby resources and man up.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 am

The Poo is lashing out at "trust fund babies", well aware that he himself was stuffed anally with Mummy and Daddy's money from their plantation with the blicks.

Note the bone-deep hypocrisy! A mark of a true Poo post.