Omarosa's back!

Main Course
korgy
Stew Ingredient

Omarosa's back!

Post by korgy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:55 am

"Omarosa ... was offered a $15,000-a-month contract from President Trump’s campaign to stay silent after being fired... according to a forthcoming book by Manigault Newman and a document viewed by The Washington Post."

"“Unhinged:... depicts Trump as unqualified, narcissistic and racist." [what a surprise]

"Manigault Newman ... extensively recorded her conversations in the White House. The Post has listened to several of the recordings ...which match quotations recounted in the book excerpts."

"there is a tanning bed in the White House residence and says the president fought with the now-departed chief usher over its installation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ae8b2d1015
Omarosa Manigault Newman says she refused hush money, pens White House memoir calling Trump racist

Omarosa Manigault Newman was offered a $15,000-a-month contract from President Trump’s campaign to stay silent after being fired from her job as a White House aide by Chief of Staff John F. Kelly last December, according to a forthcoming book by Manigault Newman and a document viewed by The Washington Post.

But she refused, according to the incendiary new book, “Unhinged: An Insider Account of the Trump White House,” which also depicts Trump as unqualified, narcissistic and racist. Excerpts of the book were obtained by The Post.

After she was fired, Manigault Newman wrote, she received a call from Trump campaign adviser Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law, offering her a job and the monthly contract in exchange for her silence.

A nondisclosure agreement attached to the offer, which was reviewed by The Post, said Manigault Newman could not make any comments about President Trump, Vice President Pence or their families or any comments that could damage the president. It said she would do “diversity outreach,” among other things, for the campaign. “The NDA attached to the email was as harsh and restrictive as any I’d seen in all my years of television,” Manigault Newman writes in the book.

Throughout his career as a businessman and politician, Trump has repeatedly used nondisclosure agreements to quiet critics and accusers, including adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment Friday.

In a statement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the book “is riddled with lies and false accusations.” She added, “It’s sad that a disgruntled former White House employee is trying to profit off these false attacks, and even worse that the media would now give her a platform, after not taking her seriously when she had only positive things to say about the President during her time in the administration.”

Manigault Newman does not offer evidence for some of her most explosive charges but extensively recorded her conversations in the White House. The Post has listened to several of the recordings made by Manigault Newman, which match quotations recounted in the book excerpts. The existence of some recordings was first reported Wednesday by the Daily Beast.

White House aides have long described Manigault Newman as a problematic employee who tried to stage a wedding photo shoot at the White House, exploded at other West Wing aides and left shoes strewn around the West Wing. For months, they accurately feared that she was taping conversations inside the building. In the eyes of many around Trump, the book is another publicity-grabbing stunt from someone known for them.

In the book, Manigault Newman includes specific quotes from White House aides. She describes many scenes inside the White House in detail — explaining who was in the room and exactly what was said.

The allegations threaten to become another political headache for the administration, akin to what followed a controversial book earlier this year by journalist Michael Wolff, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” which detailed a wayward White House and prompted broad denunciations from Trump and his aides.

Trump instructed aides to respond Friday after complaining about Manigault Newman’s book and that she had recorded him, two White House officials said. The original plan was to ignore the book, but Trump grew angry, the officials said, prompting the statement from Sanders.

Manigault Newman is expected to appear Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” and will then go on a publicity tour. The weekend appearance coincides with the anniversary of deadly white-supremacist protests in Charlottesville. Trump was criticized at the time for saying there were fine people “on both sides” of the protests.

The book is the first insider account from a White House aide that is not largely flattering toward the president. Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking black employee in the White House, calls Trump a “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

She alleges in the book that there is a tanning bed in the White House residence and says the president fought with the now-departed chief usher over its installation. Other aides say they have not seen a tanning bed in the White House.

Manigault Newman also writes that Trump told her he was unaware of her firing by Kelly. “No! No one even told me,” she quotes Trump as saying. “I didn’t know that. Damn it.”

Whether the book paints an accurate depiction of Trump’s conduct or amounts primarily to a disgruntled tome from a reality-TV star turned White House aide is in dispute. Manigault Newman has known Trump for more than a decade and held one of the highest-paid positions in the West Wing for a year, securing the job as an “assistant to the president” after starring as a famed villain in his TV show, “The Apprentice,” and working for the Trump Organization.

She questions Trump’s mental state, describes him as unstable and portrays him as unable to control his impulses. She recounts the extensive lengths that staff members have gone to in attempts to keep him in line.

“All we need to remember is that Trump loves the hate,” she writes in the book. “He thrives on criticism and insults. He delights in chaos and confusion. Taking to Twitter to call him names only fuels him and riles his base. To disarm him, starve his ego; don’t feed into it.”

Even as aides warned him against it, Trump often spoke to Manigault Newman and invited her to come by the Oval Office, a practice that Kelly eventually curtailed. She served as Trump’s chief liaison to African Americans and often vouched for him.

The book is a mix of unverified accusations and vivid, quote-filled exchanges from her time with Trump on the campaign trail and in the White House.

For months while in the White House, Manigault Newman said she spent time searching for a rumored tape of Trump saying the n-word on tape as host of “The Apprentice.” She writes that such a tape exists but does not provide evidence. Manigault Newman says that other aides in the White House kept tabs on rumors of the tape.

“By that point, three sources in three separate conversations had described the contents of this tape,” she writes. “They all told me that President Trump hadn’t just dropped a single n-word bomb. He’d said it multiple times throughout the show’s taping during off-camera outtakes, particularly during the first season of the Apprentice.”

GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who is named in the book as someone who had allegedly heard Trump use the n-word, wrote Friday on Twitter that the allegation was “flat-out false” and said Manigault Newman made no effort to verify the assertion with him.

In early 2017, Manigault Newman says, she walked Michael Cohen, then Trump’s personal attorney, into the Oval Office for a meeting with Trump — and allegedly saw the president chewing up a piece of paper while Cohen was leaving the office. Another White House official confirmed that Manigault Newman brought Cohen into the White House and was later rebuked for it. The two remain in contact, according to people familiar with the relationship.

“I saw him put a note in his mouth,” she writes in her book. “Since Trump was ever the germaphobe, I was shocked he appeared to be chewing and swallowing the paper. It must have been something very, very sensitive.”

There is no proof that he chewed on paper, and several White House aides laughed at the assertion and said it was not true.

Manigault Newman also writes that she was contacted in February by the FBI but does not elaborate on why agents called her or what she told them.

She describes her firing as taking place in the Situation Room, with quotes attributed to Kelly and ethics lawyer Stefan Passantino.

According to her account, Kelly comes into the room and begins by saying, “We’re going to talk to you about leaving the White House.”

“The integrity issues are very serious,” Kelly continues. “If this were the military, this would be a pretty high level of accountability, meaning a court-martial. . . . If we make this a friendly departure, you can look at your time here in the White House as a year of service to the nation. You can go on without any type of difficulty in the future relative to your reputation.”

Manigault Newman then demands an explanation for why she is being fired and whether Trump knows. Kelly tells her it is nonnegotiable and soon leaves the room after mentioning “serious integrity issues.”

“The staff works for me, not the president. So after your departure, I’ll inform him,” Kelly told her, according to the book. “With that, I’ll let you go.”

She was kept in the Situation Room for more than an hour, according to her telling in the book, with her husband waiting outside. She fights with Passantino, who tells her she is being fired for abusing the government car service. She tries to explain why she used the car each time — for official government business, in her telling — to no avail. “It’s not a fight that is winnable,” says Uttam Dhillon, another lawyer.

Manigault Newman writes that there was erroneous reporting on her exit — that she did not get into a big fight with Kelly at the White House Christmas party and that she did not try to fight her way past security and get into the residence.

“I never imagined that this ludicrous story — pure gossip — would blow up like it did,” she said.

Passantino did not respond to a request for comment.

Trump told Manigault Newman that he had no idea she was ousted the day before, according to her account. “I just saw on the news you were thinking about leaving!” Trump says. “What happened?”

Manigault Newman responds that Kelly told her, “You guys wanted me to leave.” Trump expresses his displeasure.

Manigault Newman said the call from Trump was followed by a call from Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, and Ivanka Trump, his daughter, who said she “really loves” her and would do anything for her.

“Call us anytime,” Kushner says on the call, according to the book.

Then, Lara Trump called and reiterated how much the president and the family loved Manigault Newman, offering her the job and wanting to make sure “everything is positive.”

“If you come on board, we can’t have you mention that stuff,” she added, referring to interviews Manigault Newman gave immediately after her firing.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

eric84

Re: Omarosa's back!

Post by eric84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:04 am

She clearly had no business working in the White House.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Curtis E Wipe
Stew Ingredient

Post by Curtis E Wipe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 am

Fascinating.

Well, not really.
“Devils I make and the love can relate/All the solace inside tears me up.” -- Korn

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:15 am

Aren't you guys bored with these attention whores and their pearl clutching opponents?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:22 am

The paper eating is new so there’s that.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 am

Keep the Trump abuse coming.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 am

She has contradicted herself already and is a known drama queen. How can anyone trust what she says? Look at her mentor.

In any case, the White House will use it to distract us from their own lies and corruption. She is still serving Trump.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:49 pm

birdlite wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 am
She has contradicted herself already and is a known drama queen. How can anyone trust what she says? Look at her mentor.
Sometimes birdy shocks me with her correct-thought. It is abnormal, and a bit disconcerting, when uttered by a lefty.

Still, it is proof that there is still a shred of sanity in the Dumbocracy.

Carry on, TDSers.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Release the tapes!!

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm

If she told me water was wet, I'd ask for photographic proof.

She's useless.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Man, I'm shocked. I thought this reject was going to write a book that spoke glowingly of Trump. This matters.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient

Post by BeatRaven » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Supposedly she has a tape where he's gibbering like an idiot.

I'm gagging to hear what the bottom of the idiot gibbering barrel sounds like when it's finally scraped.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm

He said racist stuff! Trumpiedoodle is sunk for sure!

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:51 pm

If you want to see trump gibbering like an idiot, just follow his twitter feed or watch a press conference or two.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm

I’m quite sure I read about the paper munching, when he wasn’t tearing it into confetti and throwing it around, months ago. But possible that it was the same source.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:06 pm

5waldos wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm
I’m quite sure I read about the paper munching, when he wasn’t tearing it into confetti and throwing it around, months ago. But possible that it was the same source.
No, different stories.

Zamuel
Stew Ingredient

Post by Zamuel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:28 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm
If she told me water was wet, I'd ask for photographic proof. She's useless.
So … We should expect to see her running for office in 2020 …
"Life is not like a box of chocolates, it's a jalapeno. What you do today will bite you in the ass tomorrow."

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 pm

I do find it hard to believe that she was offered $180,000 a year just for keeping her mouth shut and refused it. If true she must have some heavy duty stuff to share that she thinks will make her more than that.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:28 pm

5waldos wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm
There was a story that he had a habit of tearing up any memeo that he rad immediately after reading it, so that the people in charge of preserving records which must be preserved under the law were having to tape them together. That is probably what you are thinking of.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm

5waldos wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 pm
I do find it hard to believe that she was offered $180,000 a year just for keeping her mouth shut and refused it. If true she must have some heavy duty stuff to share that she thinks will make her more than that.
waldos, if i am reading this correctly, the Wash Post viewed a document verifying that -- but maybe that's not what they mean by document. anyone have any other interpretations of this? if by "document" they just meant the transcript of the book, that would have been redundant, right? :
"Omarosa ... was offered a $15,000-a-month contract from President Trump’s campaign to stay silent after being fired... according to a forthcoming book by Manigault Newman and a document viewed by The Washington Post."
so, "according to.. a document viewed by The Washington Post", "[she]was offered a $15,000-a-month contract"...maybe i am missing something...

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Missed that backup. If that is indeed true- Trump should be very very worried as she must have something that she expects to make her millions. Nothing I have ever seen or read about her suggests that she would refuse this because of a moral stand.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Wow- she has recordings of her firing- Kelly speaking. Wonder how often she recorded?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm

So in between finding leakers in the White House, she was taping conversations in the situation room, compromising security. What the ridiculous shit show this administration continues to be.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:51 am

eric84 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm
So in between finding leakers in the White House, she was taping conversations in the situation room, compromising security. What the ridiculous shit show this administration continues to be.
Yeah, that's pretty fucked.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 am

Why was she taken to the situation room to be fired?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 am

The most disturbing reality TV show on earth
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 am
Probably thought that was the safest place to do it where she wouldn’t be taping.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm

In that case he is not very bright.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:44 pm

This morning Trumps tweets out.
Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard....
..really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
[/quote]
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm

So he pretty much admits to hiring her and keeping her on despite her incompetence and troublemaking, because she said GREAT things about him. Not surprised.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Omarosa released the tape of her phone call with Trump after she was fired:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/politics ... index.html
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm

You have to wonder why everybody around trump secretly record their conversations.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Omg, he says crude and racist things!! We’ve got him for sure!!

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:07 pm

section8 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm
You have to wonder why everybody around trump secretly record their conversations.
For the same reason his old lawyers always brought multiple people to meetings.

In any case, who believes Omarosa was fired in the situation room? Kelly has a private office.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Didn't some person say once about every body having 15 minutes of fame, and were they talking about people working in the White House during Trump's time there?
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm

birdlite wrote:
section8 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm
For the same reason his old lawyers always brought multiple people to meetings.

In any case, who believes Omarosa was fired in the situation room? Kelly has a private office.
She was held there for a period of time. And don’t try to make sense of the White House. It doesn’t work.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am

Andy Borowitz in the New Yorker:

BEDMINSTER, New Jersey (The Borowitz Report)—Blasting his former colleague Omarosa Manigault, Donald J. Trump said on Monday that “the White House is no place for a lying lowlife from a reality show.”

“People were impressed by Omarosa because they saw her on a TV show,” Trump told reporters from his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey. “Well, I’ve got news for you: being on a reality show does not qualify you to work in the government.”

Explaining why he considered her a “lowlife,” Trump said, “She’s rude, abrasive, and offensive. Having someone like that in the White House is an embarrassment to our country.”

But worst of all, Trump said, was Omarosa’s lying, which he called “constant.”

“She can’t go a day without lying, and what’s more, she’s narcissistic and paranoid,” he said. “A psycho like that shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the Situation Room.”

Pronouncing himself pleased that Omarosa was no longer in his Administration, Trump concluded his scorching remarks by saying, “The sooner we can rid the White House of reality-show con artists, the better off the country will be.”

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Hahahaha love Borowitz.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:54 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Kelly has an office in the White House, but he and the Administration lawyers who were present when she was fired couldn't claim a breach of national security if she were fired there. My thought is that they deliberately had her come to the situation room so they could portray her just as they have.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm

NorthAmerican wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:54 pm
VinnyD wrote:
Kelly has an office in the White House, but he and the Administration lawyers who were present when she was fired couldn't claim a breach of national security if she were fired there. My thought is that they deliberately had her come to the situation room so they could portray her just as they have.
Why did they need to portray her in any way other than what the majority of Americans thought of her? She hasn't changed her stripes.

But Trump suing for violating an NDA is pretty funny. Does he realize who HE works for ?

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm

so this is our "reality"?
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm

heh -- WH staffers are "terrified" of the next WH tape that Omarosa might release.
White House
‘People are terrified’: Trump staffers live in fear of Omarosa’s next tape
Trump aides are suffering from the same type of psychological warfare that gripped Clinton’s campaign during the WikiLeaks dumps.

By ANNIE KARNI

08/14/2018 04:38 PM EDT
Updated 08/14/2018 08:45 PM EDT

A daily trickle of revealing internal conversations between staffers. Growing anxiety about what one might have once said. No sense of how long it will go on.

Omarosa Manigault Newman’s slow release of secretly taped conversations from inside the Trump campaign and White House is having the same effect on staffers as the daily dumps from WikiLeaks had on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign, when chairman John Podesta’s emails were trickled out during the final stretch of the race.

“People are terrified,” one former Trump aide said of the tapes. “Absolutely terrified.”

On Tuesday, the fifth day of her one-woman news cycle, Manigault Newman released a taped conversation from the 2016 campaign, in which former spokeswoman Katrina Pierson and another African-American Trump adviser, Lynne Patton, discussed the possible existence of an N-word tape.

“He’s said it,” Pierson says on the recording. “He’s embarrassed.”
The most reliable politics newsletter.

The latest reveal indicates that Manigault Newman isn’t just trying to discredit President Donald Trump, who is the subject of her book, “Unhinged.” In her crusade for publicity and payback, she’s willing to embarrass and expose her former colleagues along the way.

The result is the same type of psychological warfare that gripped the Clinton campaign two years ago with staffers — and anyone tangentially in their orbit — waking up every morning bracing themselves for what potentially embarrassing missive might be made public, and waiting for the onslaught to end.

Like the WikiLeaks dump — which severely damaged the Clinton campaign by taking it off message, but never produced a smoking gun — Manigault Newman's tapes, according to someone who has listened to them, are juicy to listen to but ultimately don't contain any bombshell about the president or his family.

Former senior staffers also said they felt safer because Manigault Newman was not included in small, high-level meetings. And they doubted that she taped the one broader senior staff meeting that she attended, which included about 25 people.

“But if I was on the communications staff, where she was interacting more with people,” said another former senior administration official, “I can see how people might be nervous.”(continue)
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... pes-777490

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:48 am

cowtown wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm
It has been the reality in heavy civil construction since tape recorders were made small enough to conceal, 25 years ago.

I've been on a few of them from the same side, and every time I have disowned the asshole who taped me without my knowledge.

But assuming everything you say to the other side is recorded, outside of a formal meeting where everything is recorded, has been reality for 20 years.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:07 am

"Tape" is a useful word, but you know your phone works as a dictaphone, right?
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:15 am

Yes. And your computer. And your car, if it is new enough.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 am

Yes, but you always have a 'taping' device in your pocket. Nearly everyone does. You have to assume conversarions are being 'taped'. And potentially 'broadcast'.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:44 am

I don’t think I would say anything differently knowing I was being taped, as long as the context is known.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:51 am

Flobster! wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 am
Yes, but you always have a 'taping' device in your pocket. Nearly everyone does. You have to assume conversarions are being 'taped'. And potentially 'broadcast'.
Are you OK?

Reality happened in the 90s. And the world is full of weasels.

Lost Soul wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:48 am
cowtown wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm
It has been the reality in heavy civil construction since tape recorders were made small enough to conceal, 25 years ago.

I've been on a few of them from the same side, and every time I have disowned the asshole who taped me without my knowledge.

But assuming everything you say to the other side is recorded, outside of a formal meeting where everything is recorded, has been reality for 20 years.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 am

My point being that you don't have to buy or carry any special equipment to record anyone - or broadcast them on Periscope, for that matter.

By saying she "taped" it implies that she did have special equipment.

Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity

Post by Electrolyte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 pm

She sounds like a complete disaster. I have some sympathy for her because her background isn't so envious: her father was killed, her brother was killed, and there was a fire in her house where her cousin didn't make it out.

But the tapes don't lie. Awesome that a Trumpbot is using Trump tactics against him. Trump is like a master thief complaining that his disciple robbed him.