Moderator: Moderator

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Re: Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Post by Godjira » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 am

OnTheBall wrote:
Godjira wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm
OnTheBall wrote: Complete and utter bullshit. The ability and willingness to listen to different POVs and be secure and open-minded enough to change your own is a sign of intellect and maturity that is all too lacking from many on the left.
There are conservatives doing that on this thread? Or any thread?
I wasn't referring to just this site
Okay. Outside this site?
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient

Post by OnTheBall » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 am

Sure, have a listen to the discussions Sam Harris, JP, Dave Rubin, Eric Weinstein, and Ben Shapiro have on yt

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:23 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 am
He’s a trust fund baby who works for his mother.

In just about the most trivial and meaningless job possible.
We are witnessing the near-climatic episode of the Poo, Do-it-Yourself Poo Posters - the repeating of information known to be completely untrue while squealing with fruity rage. Pay especial attention to the small checks of froth issued from the orifices of the Poo as this occurs. A fascinating (if admittedly common) occurrence!

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 am

Po reposts an article posted elsewhere. Is told by Strife:
strife wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm
It's actually an article worth discussing, but that's not going to happen on a thread that you've posted. You don't discuss or debate in good faith.
Greenlantern steps up and discusses it in good faith.

Does Po step up too? Nah, course he doesn't. Po isn't up to discussing anything with Greenlantern, and he knows it. We all do, Greenlantern wipes the floor with Po in the debate/discussion and WORD SPORTS arena.

"Peterson" was Po's response.

Pathetic, infantile evasion yes but at least it's Po's original thought, accurate and true as opposed to his usual distortion and lies, the best of his efforts when it comes to word sports.

Well done Po, your best original response yet. 1 out of 10. Baby steps.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

What happened to you out there on Mount Argon Andrea?

You were never the same after that night.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 am

Another shite response. 0 out of 10. You're going backwards, again, Po.

Stick with Peterson. It's one of your best.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

Bullet Park is one of those vacant, semi-retarded rich kids. You know the type. We all know the type. Tim-Nice-But-Dim. But not nice.

He can’t help it. He’ll always be like that. But I guess at one time you had something about you. But what happened? Now you seem to want to be this shrill, intolerable, personality disordered old bag. Why? Why would you present yourself like this? What happened to you?
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 am

OnTheBall wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 am
Sure, have a listen to the discussions Sam Harris, JP, Dave Rubin, Eric Weinstein, and Ben Shapiro have on yt
Harris is another example of the bullshit "public intellectual" I'm talking about. Harris discusses some things that relate to my own expertise, so I know how little he has read or thought about them. Smart guy, very obviously, but there are people that have really deep knowledge he, and the rest of his audience, could learn from.

These people obviously exist on the left, too. I can't imagine why someone who wants to learn about trends in violence or economic development would pick up Steven Pinker.

Incidentally, it never ceases to amaze me that it's always psych- and neuro- guys doing all this bullshit artistry. There are young men across America's rust belt killing themselves in opiate-riddled depression and it's just podcast after podcast about whether the gender studies department is fair to men at Berkeley. Maybe address a problem a little closer to home?

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient

Post by OnTheBall » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am

thegreenlantern wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 am
OnTheBall wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 am
Harris is another example of the bullshit "public intellectual" I'm talking about. Harris discusses some things that relate to my own expertise, so I know how little he has read or thought about them. Smart guy, very obviously, but there are people that have really deep knowledge he, and the rest of his audience, could learn from.

These people obviously exist on the left, too. I can't imagine why someone who wants to learn about trends in violence or economic development would pick up Steven Pinker.

Incidentally, it never ceases to amaze me that it's always psych- and neuro- guys doing all this bullshit artistry. There are young men across America's rust belt killing themselves in opiate-riddled depression and it's just podcast after podcast about whether the gender studies department is fair to men at Berkeley. Maybe address a problem a little closer to home?
He, and others, put their opinions on videos and books, and anybody who cares to, can debate them and debunk their thoughts and opinions. I am not saying that these guys are 100% right all of the time or that I agree with them, but at least they pose their opinions out there for people to listen to and form their own opinions (which may or may not coincide with theirs). They do discuss a lot of topics on a superficial level (although JP, for example, does discuss things such as why young men are in "crisis"), but then people are free to explore these topics on a deeper level using different sources, if they do so wish to. Nothing wrong with that, and at least it gets people thinking on a somewhat deeper level than what they normally would from the usual mainstream media sources.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 am

What’s also interesting is that there is a desire for information. Not in the one minute click bait reads, ten minutes in the broadsheets, the six minutes as a guest of CNN or Fox with two other shouters, but long form podcasts and shows. Conversations lasting 3 or 4 hours. Conversations covering the topics the media won’t. We’ve underestimated people. Those things are popular. Hundreds of millions of downloads.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 pm

OnTheBall wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am
He, and others, put their opinions on videos and books, and anybody who cares to, can debate them and debunk their thoughts and opinions. I am not saying that these guys are 100% right all of the time or that I agree with them, but at least they pose their opinions out there for people to listen to and form their own opinions (which may or may not coincide with theirs). They do discuss a lot of topics on a superficial level (although JP, for example, does discuss things such as why young men are in "crisis"), but then people are free to explore these topics on a deeper level using different sources, if they do so wish to. Nothing wrong with that, and at least it gets people thinking on a somewhat deeper level than what they normally would from the usual mainstream media sources.
On some level, I agree with you, but I'm going to keep slagging these guys in order to make my point clearer.

If a bunch of hungry-to-learn college students sat down in a biology lecture in which the professor stated that Labrador retrievers were reptiles, then made the Jordan Peterson conciliation face and backed down after seeing the Wikipedia definition of a mammal and a video of dogs giving birth to live puppies, the students would be within their rights to demand their tuition money back.

If people are consciously tuning in to listen to cantankerous smart people repackage or misrepresent long-settled questions in the social sciences in a controversial way, so be it. I suspect, though, that the tune in to Peterson, Harris, Pinker, and the like because they conflate the entertainment value they get out of hearing something titillating with the education value they'd get from grasping settled questions and thinking seriously about the frontier of what we understand.

And "public intellectuals" profit from this mistake. If Sam Harris really wanted people to understand the connection between Islam and terrorism, he'd stop ripping off/misrepresenting Steven Fish and just encourage people to read Fish and the debate that cites him. But a neuro-biologist can't ride the social justice/free speech gravy train without presenting settled questions as somehow new and dangerous. He's not qualified to create a research design that looks for evidence about Islam's relationship with political or violent outcomes, so he acts like some mix of observational statistics and philosophy is enough. At some point, this is a distraction for a student really interested in learning this stuff.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

He can’t help it. He’ll always be like that. But I guess at one time you had something about you. But what happened? Now you seem to want to be this shrill, intolerable, personality disordered old bag. Why? Why would you present yourself like this? What happened to you?
And here we see two excellent examples of Peak Poo, one right after the other - the fake concern "what happened to you" response as though Poo is very troubled by recent behavior in an old friend. At this point the "Jerry Falwell" setting on your sanctimonious dial should be turned up to the sub-setting of Lips-Quivering Cunt. - note too the complete lack of originality and humor, very important when mastering Poo.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm

I would call this peak Argon Derangement Syndrome - but I’m not sure we’re there yet.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 pm
Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

And here we see two excellent examples of Peak Poo, one right after the other - the fake concern "what happened to you" response as though Poo is very troubled by recent behavior in an old friend. At this point the "Jerry Falwell" setting on your sanctimonious dial should be turned up to the sub-setting of Lips-Quivering Cunt. - note too the complete lack of originality and humor, very important when mastering Poo.
Narrated Argie should be a new handle here, just to brighten up his otherwise dull threads.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Eric - are you sure BP needs your help? Will he be grateful for it, or embarrassed by it?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Everyone can help to address your deathly repetitive and boring threads. It's an important public service to us all.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm

They’re the most popular threads on the forum.

I’m your King.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Yes, because we come in and brighten them up as I said. Greenlantern made some good observations, none of which you chosen to respond to.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 pm

GL Destroyed AP. The latter won't respond, because he's a lightweight.

He knows it. We all know it.
I am Stalking you.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Greenlantern is a frickin' genius.

Poo is not worthy of being buried head-down in in GL's fertile loam.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am

I largely agree with him here, give or take, but not enough to respond to. I largely disagreed with him when he tried to claim Trump was an antisemite. And he could “smell” it. It was too stupid.

And most certainly I’m a lightweight. The lightest. As vacuous as Bullet Park’s work. I’ve said it, or something similar repeatedly. But it doesn’t stop you muppets following me like dogs.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am
I largely agree with him here, give or take, but not enough to respond to. I largely disagreed with him when he tried to claim Trump was an antisemite. And he could “smell” it. It was too stupid.

And most certainly I’m a lightweight. The lightest. As vacuous as Bullet Park’s work. I’ve said it, or something similar repeatedly. But it doesn’t stop you muppets following me like dogs.
Your ham handed defence of trump’s antisemitism eas golden. Usually you’re smart enough to know when you need to stop digging

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am

I follow you because human idiocy is a fascinating subject and you are a window into a particularly virulent example.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 am

And look at you - destroyed in our flame wars - now the Hiroo Onoda of the Stew. Fighting a lone and futile war against the evil Argon. Your entire contribution to the forum is now your obessesion with me. How does that play out in your mind? It’s not good, is it?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 am

You really are a dumb cunt, aren't you?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:08 am

Shall we send a Commander from the Empty-Headed Trust Fund Baby Imperial Army out to the jungle to relieve your duty?

You’re done. Argon defeated you. A long time ago. Your obsession proves it. Come back home soldier. Stop firing your rifle at Argon’s helicopter. He doesn’t care.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:18 am

Proved by Poo's response to every post I make.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:20 am

Who follows who, soldier? Who follow who?

* wink *

Curtis E Wipe
Stew Ingredient

Post by Curtis E Wipe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 am

So, this Po poster claims that nobody on the left will give the brah broadcast a credible listen. GreenLantern does and offers a well considered long retort, after which Po promptly ignores him. One would judge that one of the two proved vapid and disengenuous.
“Devils I make and the love can relate/All the solace inside tears me up.” -- Korn

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 am

Hello sock puppet.

Why don’t you read the thread?

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 am

Curtis E Wipe wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 am
So, this Po poster claims that nobody on the left will give the brah broadcast a credible listen. GreenLantern does and offers a well considered long retort, after which Po promptly ignores him. One would judge that one of the two proved vapid and disengenuous.
Though yes, Po, normally does ignore GreenLantern's posts, because Po is vapid and disengenuous, dishonest, an intellectual coward, not up to genuine discussion with Greenlantern, on this occasion he didn't, he stepped up - "Peterson". was his response.

See, in Po's brain he's playing 'word sports' here and 'Peterson', presumably, was a higher score to him than simply his usual ignore.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 am

Andrea talks to the sock puppet.

She may even have her arm up it’s backside.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:08 am

He almost always ignores GreenLantern, me on the other hand... Look at his latest fantasy/delusion, me with my arm up someone's backside. Yuck.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 am

Over your head.

Up to your elbow?

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 am

Neither.

But why don't you just keep on ignoring greenlantern, earnestly telling sock puppets to read the thread, duh! And replying to me. See how that goes for you.

So, Po. It aint me. But guaranteed, whoever Curtis is, he's better at word sports than you.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am

Andrea - when you post these things, do you think that I ever care about them? Do you ever feel you really ‘hit the spot’? Are you pleased with yourself? Perhaps you imagine I think about you for more than the few seconds it takes to read whatever shrill unfortunate post you’ve plotted.

You know don’t you, that in the 16 years or so I’ve been posting here that there have been dozens and dozens of people like you. Some nitwit gets obsessed with me, there are two of you at the moment, you’ll follow my every post - like a dog - sometimes for months. Then eventually you’ll realise that I really don’t give a fuck about any of your opinions of me and that you will have no effect on what I post or when, or how I view myself.

So, soon you’ll drift away, just as the the dozens of other sad idiots before you did. To be replaced by some other angry nicompoop.

While you’re here, following me about. Like a dog. Remember that my replies to you, not everyone - some obsessives are fun - are about as half hearted as can be.

So drift away, or stay with your shrill old bag posts and drift away later. Either way, I don’t care. Dozens before you. No doubt dozens after.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Classic Poo.

The reeking pride at "winning" on an internet board.

Should be framed and varnished for posterity.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am
Andrea - when you post these things, do you think that I ever care about them? Do you ever feel you really ‘hit the spot’? Are you pleased with yourself? Perhaps you imagine I think about you for more than the few seconds it takes to read whatever shrill unfortunate post you’ve plotted.

You know don’t you, that in the 16 years or so I’ve been posting here that there have been dozens and dozens of people like you. Some nitwit gets obsessed with me, there are two of you at the moment, you’ll follow my every post - like a dog - sometimes for months. Then eventually you’ll realise that I really don’t give a fuck about any of your opinions of me and that you will have no effect on what I post or when, or how I view myself.

So, soon you’ll drift away, just as the the dozens of other sad idiots before you did. To be replaced by some other angry nicompoop.

While you’re here, following me about. Like a dog. Remember that my replies to you, not everyone - some obsessives are fun - are about as half hearted as can be.

So drift away, or stay with your shrill old bag posts and drift away later. Either way, I don’t care. Dozens before you. No doubt dozens after.
Kind of an empty life, wouldn't you say?
I am Stalking you.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Nonsense! Poo's life is very Meaningful. Unlike ours. He worries about us. What happened to us? What?

Curtis E Wipe
Stew Ingredient

Post by Curtis E Wipe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Andrea1 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 am
Neither.

But why don't you just keep on ignoring greenlantern, earnestly telling sock puppets to read the thread, duh! And replying to me. See how that goes for you.

So, Po. It aint me. But guaranteed, whoever Curtis is, he's better at word sports than you.
Yep. You can call me Curt or Curt E.
“Devils I make and the love can relate/All the solace inside tears me up.” -- Korn

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am

You care so little that you wrote this rambling message instead of actually addressing points made by other posters on the good professor.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Yes, Poo outlasts them all. He's the energizer bunny of winning the internet and other important conquests and life achievements. People generally tire of him in short order. He's just a fucking dumbass troll, after all. But for him? This really is all he's got.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm

* burp *

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 am

Top tip: being alive and in front of a computer is not really an achievement.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:03 am

Top tip: having as your life ambition, the hope that a government worker will call you an invalid, means you lost at life.

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:08 am

BulletPark wrote:Classic Poo.

The reeking pride at "winning" on an internet board.

Should be framed and varnished for posterity.
For Poo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm
I would call this peak Argon Derangement Syndrome - but I’m not sure we’re there yet.
Nobody could ever beat Soda in peak Argon Derangement

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am
Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm
Nobody could ever beat Soda in peak Argon Derangement
Poor soda.