Rise of the Rabid Right

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Rise of the Rabid Right

Post by DCComic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am

The Beeb wrote:Dominic Raab has been appointed Brexit secretary by Theresa May after David Davis resigned from the government.
Mr Raab, who is currently housing minister, was a prominent Leave campaigner during the 2016 referendum.
The Indy wrote: Dominic Raab, the Conservative housing minister, was until this week a member of a private Facebook group that called for the return of workhouses and the sale of all council homes, it has emerged.

The group, called British Ultra Liberal Youth – The Ultras, had 14 members and advocated a number of contentious policies.

"As an Ultra, it is your duty to support and pressure the mainstream of the Conservative Party that such policies as: privatisation of healthcare, the sale of all council housing at market value and workhouses for debtors are right and have found their time to enter Britain.”
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Re: Rise of the Rabid Right

Post by dBrother » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Seems like a reasonable kinda man..

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Workhouses? Yeah, that really worked back in the 19th century.

Flora
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flora » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm

He can't do anything - she's completely in charge of negotiations. It's a figurehead role that has been give to a Leave bod to appease what is essentially (hopefully) about to go quite soft.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:57 am

I know Dominic IRL-whilst he is a sadomonetarist straight from the ECB school he is not to my knowledge in favour of any of the nonsense that you have posted. I've discussed politics with him drunkenly numerous times and he has never mentioned privatising the NHS though he is in favour of a mixed system along the French lines.

Council houses can only ever be sold at market prices-most people confuse market price with vacant possession value, council housing with tenants protected by statutory rights is by definition not vacant possession property and so the market value is therefore below vacant possession value. Only an idiot would not be able to grasp that.

Workhouses? Not Mr Raab.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 am

Flora wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm
He can't do anything - she's completely in charge of negotiations. It's a figurehead role that has been give to a Leave bod to appease what is essentially (hopefully) about to go quite soft.
which is a shame and which is why negotiations are so shambolic