President Trump Environmentalist

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm

I couldn't find any information on how these trade disputes are reducing pollution but it has to be happening. Shipping alone is huge but when you add in the efficiency of new factories and mills in the US replacing older ones in China and Europe the savings must be staggering.

That company in Mexico that was avoiding US pollution regulations by shipping scrap to Mexico, making steel wire and shipping it back to the US to make nails is a good example.

More irrational spitefulness coming from twodogs...

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Re: President Trump Environmentalist

Post by twodogs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

He is cutting needless unending research which also reduces pollution particularly hot air.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm

And also, cutting that research will kill a lot of old people, and you know how dirty they are.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Why would cutting needless unending research kill old people?

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Because that research is into the diseases they carry.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 pm

twodogs wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm
I couldn't find any information on how these trade disputes are reducing pollution but it has to be happening. Shipping alone is huge but when you add in the efficiency of new factories and mills in the US replacing older ones in China and Europe the savings must be staggering.

That company in Mexico that was avoiding US pollution regulations by shipping scrap to Mexico, making steel wire and shipping it back to the US to make nails is a good example.

The smog in Mexico City is due mostly to automobile emissions and the unique geography.
I am Stalking you.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Trump wants to bring Beijing style smog to America.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm

We in Denver used to have the same brown cloud. We haven’t changed the unique geography but with more environmentally friendly cars and other environmental regulations we rarely have any longer. Although I anticipate that changing rapidly.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Less pollution = Less industrial output = China’s winning!

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Trump, environmentalist......

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:48 pm

HA!

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Hahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I might laugh this one to a nifty!

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:14 pm

By reducing economic activity you reduce pollution due to economic activity! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:45 pm

HA!

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:20 am

twodogs wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm
He is cutting needless unending research which also reduces pollution particularly hot air.
Not as much hot air if he would just shut up.

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 am

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:14 pm
By reducing economic activity you reduce pollution due to economic activity! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?
New factories are more efficient than old factories and even if that were a wash ending the shipping pollution alone is better for the environment.

Think of the children.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 am

Building factories requires concrete. The use of concrete has a large CO2 footprint.

Also, since no Americans want to work Chinese style jobs anymore, and with Hispanic immigrants being jailed or exiled, the factories would soon have to be torn down, again- adding CO2 to the atmosphere in the process.

andybox
Stew Ingredient

Post by andybox » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:15 am

Interesting that the OP couldn’t find any data to back up his opinion. I wonder why that is?
Hands have been clenched in a fist too long

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

Maybe because there are no new factories.
Remember when he used to post every week about Hillary Clinton's illnesses, alcoholism, and drug addiction? He don't need no stinkin facts.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Bwahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha....

Its great to start the morning with a good old belly laugh.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

HA!

I was a bit stre55ed at work, but i came back to this thread for a smile.......
All better now!

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:53 pm

this ridiculous OP would be hilarious, if it wasnt so tragic:
[Scott Pruitt] halted an Obama-era request that fossil-fuel producers track methane emissions and overruled EPA scientists' plea to ban the insecticide chlorpyrifos... Pruitt stalled the Clean Power Plan, the Obama administration's effort to regulate power-plant emissions; wanted to weaken 2022-2025 car fuel economy standards; delayed the “Waters of the United States” rule for two years; and wanted to downwardly revise the “social cost of carbon,” a crucial stat when weighing the costs and benefits of fighting climate change.
_______
the Trump administration has ended NASA's Carbon Monitoring System, a $10-million-per-year effort to fund pilot programs intended to improve the monitoring of global carbon emissions.
_______
The White House is currently reviewing a regulation that some environmental groups fear could nix protections granted to nearly 300 threatened species...According to the Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental advocacy group, 294 species listed as threatened by the FWS are afforded protections only because of the blanket rule. The affected species include the northern spotted owl, the southern sea otter, the spotted seal, as well as eight species of coral and numerous plants.
_______
In a press release, EPA administrator Scott Pruitt announced that the U.S. government would revisit the Obama administration's fuel efficiency standards for cars and light-duty trucks—the first step in a rollback of one of the U.S.'s biggest efforts to curb carbon emissions.
_______
NPR reports that the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency has stricken “climate change” and associated verbiage from its strategic plan, on the heels of one of the most expensive years of natural disasters in modern U.S. history....The threats of climate change featured in FEMA strategic plans drafted under the Obama administration, as well as earlier ones. In a 2008 strategic plan drafted under the George W. Bush administration, then-FEMA director R. David Paulison said that future years “will likely present our nation with equally challenging events, including technological incidents, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, or extreme weather events spawned by global warming.”
________
In its FY2019 budget and addendum, the Trump administration has proposed sweeping rollbacks to U.S. programs designed to study and mitigate the effects of climate change, as well as cuts to research on renewable energy.
________
The Washington Post reports that in its 2019 budget, the Trump administration is seeking to slash Department of Energy funding for renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives by 72 percent.
_________
In a brief legal memo, the Trump EPA has dropped “once in, always in” (OIAI), a Clinton-era EPA policy that aimed to lock in reductions of hazardous air pollution from industrial sources.
In a speech delivered in Salt Lake City, President Trump announced his intention to sharply reduce two Utah national monuments established by his predecessors....In a move presaged by leaked government documents, Trump announced that he would reduce the 1.35-million acre Bears Ears National Monument, created by President Barack Obama in late 2016, by 85 percent. The president also said he would cut the 1.88-million acre Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, designated by President Bill Clinton in 1996, nearly in half.
_________
The U.S. Department of Interior has proposed auctioning off oil and gas leases for 77 million acres of federal waters within the Gulf of Mexico—the largest lease auction of its kind ever announced.
_________

In an October 23 statement, the Interior Department says that it will auction off the oil and gas leases for all available unleased areas on the Gulf of Mexico’s outer continental shelf, in waters off the coasts of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. The auction is about a million acres larger than the most recent auction of its ilk, which occurred under the Obama administration in August 2016.
etc etc etc

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... vironment/
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 pm

^ Dude, this thread is suppposed to entertain me......
Dont be such a downer.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:24 pm

blaming the messenger, Agent? i know, it's hard to really take in what's going on these days.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Don't worry, 2dogs provides hilarious analysis without the benefit of knowledge or research everyday around here just for our entertainment!
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:43 pm

eric84 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:28 pm
Don't worry, 2dogs provides hilarious analysis without the benefit of knowledge or research everyday around here just for our entertainment!
Juche!!!