David Davis resigns

Main Course
User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am

Chi_Rup wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:57 am
News42:
POLITICS: David Davis starts negotiations with Government HR department over his exit. Demands to keep salary, building access pass, canteen discount card, and year’s supply of custard creams from tea trolley without having to actually turn up to work
Oh my aching ribs.

Wanker.

User avatar
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19501
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
Iolar wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 am
You assume conspiracy when stupidity is an adequate explanation.

May simply doesn't have the intelligence for such subterfuge, none of your politicians do.
No need to assume conspiracy- it is quite clear that the Civil Service has captured the PM.

Madness to have a Remainer driving Brexit.

With a bit of luck it’ll be Sajid by the end of the months
Hope so.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7456
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by desertstorm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
Iolar wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 am
You assume conspiracy when stupidity is an adequate explanation.

May simply doesn't have the intelligence for such subterfuge, none of your politicians do.
No need to assume conspiracy- it is quite clear that the Civil Service has captured the PM.

Madness to have a Remainer driving Brexit.

With a bit of luck it’ll be Sajid by the end of the months
This is an honest question Wellpisser, do you prefer a hard Brexiter like Boris Johnson driving Brexit (to get a hard Brexit for UK)?

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7456
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by desertstorm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:05 am

I ask because it seems to me that not the Remainers, but the hard Brexiters, especially those in the Conservative party, are the ones that are making life more difficult for someone like you who want a Norwegian/EEA model for UK.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 am

desertstorm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 am
Wellpisser wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
Iolar wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 am
You assume conspiracy when stupidity is an adequate explanation.

May simply doesn't have the intelligence for such subterfuge, none of your politicians do.
No need to assume conspiracy- it is quite clear that the Civil Service has captured the PM.

Madness to have a Remainer driving Brexit.

With a bit of luck it’ll be Sajid by the end of the months
This is an honest question Wellpisser, do you prefer a hard Brexiter like Boris Johnson driving Brexit (to get a hard Brexit for UK)?
I can live with the May/Merkel proposal so long as it is a step on the way to a gradual transition out-my problem is if it handcuffs us in to a vassal state under Brussels suzerainty which is what I believe is what the civil service wants, always fighting the last war and not the next.

I know Dominic Raban IRL and think that he is a top bloke and hopefully he won’t be captured by the deep state.

Once more Varoufakis’ book is instructive.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25466
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Chi_Rup » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Wellpisser wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
With a bit of luck it’ll be Sajid by the end of the months
Great. Ex-hedge fund and a political record of keeping his head down and waiting for a promotion. Just what we need.

You’re behind the curve, Wellpisser. Melanie Philips of swivel-eyed lunacy fame is telling the world that they need to give Farage a peerage and make him PM until this all blows over.

User avatar
The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12578
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by The Mallard Missie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Sam Allardyce has been appointed as Davis's replacement.
The Duck Delusion

User avatar
Flobster!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 31459
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Flobster! » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:00 pm

So ... who will be greeting Trump?

Lord Nigel?
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 63872
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by VinnyD » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Boris Johnson just resigned.

User avatar
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19501
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm

As expected.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24780
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by mad hatter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Mays gone youd think.

Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Wellpisser wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
With a bit of luck it’ll be Sajid by the end of the months
Great. Ex-hedge fund and a political record of keeping his head down and waiting for a promotion. Just what we need.

You’re behind the curve, Wellpisser. Melanie Philips of swivel-eyed lunacy fame is telling the world that they need to give Farage a peerage and make him PM until this all blows over.
Sajid Javid ran a hedge fund? When? Where?

He has been a fairly shrewd political operator as far as I can see. You described him as an Uncle Tom/Bounty bar didn’t you?

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25466
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Chi_Rup » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm

No, I would never do that. As I’m sure you know.

My issue with Javid is that from Culture through Housing to Home Secretary he’s never shown any ability other than trying to be all things to everyone. He lacks courage, he fudged Grenfell and is fudging medical cannabis at the moment. Never stays in one role long enough to either fuck up or achieve anything substantial.

And that’s what gets you front runner status amongst politics nerds on the right.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm
No, I would never do that. As I’m sure you know.
I’m fairly sure that you did. You’ve lied about him in your earlier post already.

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm
No, I would never do that. As I’m sure you know.

My issue with Javid is that from Culture through Housing to Home Secretary he’s never shown any ability other than trying to be all things to everyone. He lacks courage, he fudged Grenfell and is fudging medical cannabis at the moment. Never stays in one role long enough to either fuck up or achieve anything substantial.

And that’s what gets you front runner status amongst politics nerds on the right.
I think he has shown a fair amount of courage at the Home Office in telling May to fuck off and abandoning her and Rudds diasterous immigration policies.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25466
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Chi_Rup » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 pm

He wouldn’t have done that if the public hadn’t forced him to, and the Home Office still uses race criteria to refuse visas, still imprisons women and children seeking asylum.

The concept of coconuts and Uncle Toms is racist, suggesting that someone else gets to make the rules for how a black person behaves. You know that.

What makes Javid a failed moral character is his willingness to share his story - bus driver dad, state education, subsidised university - while advancing his career in a government that wouldn’t allow those chances to anyone else. He wouldn’t let his dad into the country now, wouldn’t fund his own education. There’s something wrong there, you can see it.

Yeah, he wasn’t a hedge fund manager, he was a manger at Deutsche Bank. He didn’t lend money to the Trumps did he?

User avatar
Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 19024
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

Re: David Davis resigns

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 pm
He wouldn’t have done that if the public hadn’t forced him to, and the Home Office still uses race criteria to refuse visas, still imprisons women and children seeking asylum.

The concept of coconuts and Uncle Toms is racist, suggesting that someone else gets to make the rules for how a black person behaves. You know that.

What makes Javid a failed moral character is his willingness to share his story - bus driver dad, state education, subsidised university - while advancing his career in a government that wouldn’t allow those chances to anyone else. He wouldn’t let his dad into the country now, wouldn’t fund his own education. There’s something wrong there, you can see it.

Yeah, he wasn’t a hedge fund manager, he was a manger at Deutsche Bank. He didn’t lend money to the Trumps did he?
Oh do fuck of about Sajid having racist immigration policies-you are the one with the whites first Trumpian views on immigration.

Sajid Jarvis ran DBs structured finance team in Singapore before full time politics so no he would not have lent money to Trump.

By the way what is your problem with hedge funds-and do you actually know what one is and what it does?

Post Reply