Can the Third Time Be the Charm?

Main Course
Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Can the Third Time Be the Charm?

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Will Hillary! run again? Be still my heart.

Run her, Dumbs. You know you want to.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/is-hillar ... n-in-2020/
Not long ago, I told a group of friends, all liberal Dems, that I believed she was keeping open the possibility of a rematch against Trump, and might already have decided to run.

It was unanimous — they were horrified. “I would not give her a single cent,” one man, formerly a big donor to Clinton, said emphatically.

Their reasons are no surprise: Her moment has passed, she was a terrible candidate and her endless claims of victimhood are tiring rather than inspiring. It’s time to find new blood.

Those assessments are unassailable, and certainly are shared by the 20 or so Dems lining up to take their shot at the nomination.

Moreover, there isn’t any clamoring for another Clinton run in Hollywood or other leftist hotbeds. They want a new blockbuster, not a sequel to failure.

So she’s toast, right? Maybe.

On the other hand, the odds are zero that she is playing community organizer just to be a kingmaker. When it comes to money and power, the Clintons assume charity begins at home.

Here’s how I believe she sees the playing field, and why she can’t be ignored.

First, because there’s no clear front-runner for the nomination 18 months into Trump’s presidency, Clinton remains the closest thing to an incumbent. She’s also got numerous advantages, from name recognition to campaign experience to an off-the-shelf Cabinet, that could give her a head start.

Second, a crowded, diverse field diminishes the chances of anyone knocking her off. Recall how Trump outlasted 16 GOP rivals by having a committed core of supporters that grew as the field shrunk. Clinton could be in a similar position — unpopular among many, but also unbeatable by a single opponent.

Third, looking ahead to the 2020 primaries, she sees no reason to fear the favorite daughters and sons in key blue states. She would almost certainly beat Sen. Kamala Harris in California, Sen. Cory Booker in New Jersey and Gov. Andrew Cuomo in New York.

And please — forget Sanders and Joe Biden. Sanders is already 76 and Biden, at 75, has never been a viable candidate for president and still isn’t.

Fourth, money is not an issue. Some donors will resist Clinton at first, but any Dem nominee can count on all the money in the world to run against Trump.

To be clear, there are scenarios where Clinton doesn’t run. Health reasons, for example, or a younger rival could rocket to the top of the pack and become the party’s next Barack Obama. Either way, recurring nightmares of two previous defeats would send her back to wandering through the Chappaqua woods.

For now, I am convinced Clinton wants to go for it. Doubters should recall the line about pols who get the presidential itch: There are only two cures — election or death.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Re: Can the Third Time Be the Charm?

Post by Godjira » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:24 pm

That right wing editorial from the NY Post has me convinced!

Run with it, Rightard!
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Please run her.

FORWARD!
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 pm

I am sure he is telling the literal truth. He invited a group of liberal Democratic friends over for dinner so that he could tell them about his beliefs and observe their reaction. People do things like that all the time.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 pm

You would jump on her bandwagon as soon as she decided to run, Vinny.

I remember gorky calling her all kinds of names in round 1, and then becoming a Hillary!bot du jour in round 2.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:23 am

The Return of The Wench

harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 am

Now that democracy has reached the end of its usefull life, I wonder what will replace it?
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 am

Gay Darwinian Atheist rule

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 am

She’ll run.

God bless her.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:58 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 am
She’ll run.

God bless her.
Are you giving odds?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 am

Godjira wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 am
Gay Darwinian Atheist rule
We already have that, although Hilary would represent the survival of the least fit.
Hello Flashman

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 am

She’s doing a lot better than you.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 am

It’s funny that the rightists are following this editorial today rather than the torrent of bad Trump news.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 am

Godjira wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 am
It’s funny that the rightists are following this editorial today rather than the torrent of bad Trump news.
Anything bad about Trump is self-evidently FAKE!
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:07 am

And Hillary running is REAL, despite it just being the ramblings of a right wing editorial.

flojin
Stew Ingredient

Post by flojin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Lost Soul has it on "Good Authority" that Hillary will run.

How about those indictments, LS? This week?
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Hillary Clinton has really fucked with LS's head. He is a man obsessed.
I am Stalking you.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:28 pm

It is sad that any sentient being can overlook her corruption, hundreds of felonies, and general evilness, in any discussion of her running. Again.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Who is discussing her running again except some rightard in the Post?

harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:28 pm
It is sad that any sentient being can overlook her corruption, hundreds of felonies, and general evilness, in any discussion of her running. Again.

Indeed. You don’t have to be a fan of trump to realise just how bad the women is. Just ask her husband.
Hello Flashman

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm

harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm
Lost Soul wrote:

Indeed. You don’t have to be a fan of trump to realise just how bad the women is. Just ask her husband.
Great company you varmints keep, LS.
I am Stalking you.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm
Lost Soul wrote:

He named her Ahilla.

Her former boss the Laureate (and his wife) called her the Hilldebeest.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm
He named her Ahilla.

Link?

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:51 pm

He heard from his Reliable Sources in Alaska.
I am Stalking you.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 am

DCComic wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm
He named her Ahilla.

Link?
Two books. The Ahilla meme comes from his 12-year mistress Gennifer Flowers, who wrote two books on Bubba, and saved her telephone tapes with him. Only she said he called her "Hilla the Hun".
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... a-Hun.html

The Hilldebeest comes from a book by Ed Klein. The Maobamas, and their threesome partner Valerie Jarrett, loathe the wench. As does anybody who has ever met her, with the possible exception of her lesbian lover Huma Weiner.
In his new book, “Blood Feud,” journalist Edward Klein gets inside the dysfunctional, jealous relationship between Bill and Hillary Clinton and Barack and Michelle Obama — and how it could explode in 2016.

Outwardly, they put on a show of unity — but privately, the Obamas and Clintons, the two power couples of the Democratic Party, loathe each other.

“I hate that man Obama more than any man I’ve ever met, more than any man who ever lived,” Bill Clinton said to friends on one occasion, adding he would never forgive Obama for suggesting he was a racist during the 2008 campaign.

The feeling is mutual. Obama made ­excuses not to talk to Bill, while the first lady privately sniped about Hillary.

On most evenings, Michelle Obama and her trusted adviser, Valerie Jarrett, met in a quiet corner of the White House residence. They’d usually open a bottle of Chardonnay, catch up on news about Sasha and Malia, and gossip about people who gave them heartburn.

Their favorite bête noire was Hillary Clinton, whom they nicknamed “Hildebeest,” after the menacing and shaggy-maned gnu that roams the Serengeti.
https://nypost.com/2014/06/21/inside-th ... clintons/
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 am

Obama loathed her so much she appointed her Secretary of State. Hey she didn’t resign in disgrace unlike virtually everyone in trumpiedoodle’s cabinet not two years in!
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 am

The Edward Klein books on the Clintons have been widely condemned as bullshit even by the far right.

No wonder Sloosey slobbers it up.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 am

eric84 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 am
Obama loathed her so much she appointed her Secretary of State. Hey she didn’t resign in disgrace unlike virtually everyone in trumpiedoodle’s cabinet not two years in!
It was a political deal to shut up any criticism by the wench of him. She got to burnish her foreign policy chops while fucking up the world.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:02 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 am
eric84 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 am
It was a political deal to shut up any criticism by the wench of him. She got to burnish her foreign policy chops while fucking up the world.
They seemed to largely get along though, didnt they? Unlike say trumpiedoodle and tillerson.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 am

Benefits of a leftardic media.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:19 am

More irrational spitefulness coming from twodogs...

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 am
Benefits of a leftardic media.
What that tillerson and trumpiedoodle didn’t get along. Strange take.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 am

Klein received extensive criticism for his 2005 biography of Hillary Clinton, The Truth About Hillary. Politico criticized the book for "serious factual errors, truncated and distorted quotes and overall themes [that] don't gibe with any other serious accounts of Clinton's life."[9] The conservative columnist John Podhoretz criticized the book in the New York Post, "Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word."[10] In the National Review, conservative columnist James Geraghty wrote, "Folks, there are plenty of arguments against Hillary Clinton, her policies, her views, her proposals, and her philosophies. This stuff ain't it. Nobody on the right, left, or center ought to stoop to this level."[11]

Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review asked Klein in a June 20, 2005 interview, "Why on earth would you put such a terrible story in your book ... that looks to be flimsily sourced at that?," regarding his suggestion that Chelsea Clinton was conceived in an act of marital rape.[12] Facing criticism from both the left and right for making the claim, Klein eventually backed away from the insinuation in an interview with radio host Jim Bohannon on June 23, 2005.[13]

The British newspaper The Guardian pointed out a number of verifiable factual errors in Klein's 2014 book Blood Feud.[14]

Questions of credibility of sources in work

Klein has also come under fire for his use of anonymous quotes, purported to be from the subjects of his books, which he claims he received from anonymous insiders. The credibility of such quotes has been questioned by writers such as Joe Conason,[15] Salon's Simon Maloy [16] and conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh[17] and Peggy Noonan.[18] "Some of the quotes strike me as odd, in the sense that I don't know people who speak this way," Limbaugh said of Klein's work, describing the sources as "grade school chatter."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Klein

But, Stoopit Soul believes it