Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Re: origins on PS of "varmints" as Trump supporters

Post by korgy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:06 pm
I don't go as high as 99%, but I think it's easily 50%.
regardless of what Hilllary meant, i was answering about people who go to Trump rallies. i believe, easily, that 99% of people who would go to a Trump rally -- at least those who are not simply witnessing from the other side of the political spectrum-- probably have one of those aspects.

i think people who voted for him is a very different question. and yes, Trump "supporters" is a very general, inaccurate term. still, easily, half of people who voted for him are probably one of those things. probably more like 70%.

are you and Logg disagreeing?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:29 pm

If you show up at a rally in solidarity with a group of people dominated by various bigots and other varmints, you endorse and ratify their views. It's worse than Doing Nothing; it's participating with them.

"I'm not racist; I just hang out at nazi skinhead parties and wear the same clothes they do."

Right.
I am Stalking you.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm

korky wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Ped_Yai wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 am
i would wager she was probably one of the most truthful Presidential candidates in recent history. telling the truth doesnt win elections.
Don't use your own money.
to be clear, i was talking about the most recent election. i do not believe there were any 'ducking-to-avoid-sniper-fire-in-Bosnia' moments, and for the most part. she had learned from some previous mistakes. she was very careful about her facts, and more importantly, about the legitimacy of her policy plans. the latter is not always the best thing for a political candidate either.
Having absolutely no charisma is typically not terribly helpful when running for office either.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.