FFS. Seriously, this is so disturbing

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Re: FFS. Seriously, this is so disturbing

Post by VinnyD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Caren Turner blew her line in that video. She was supposed to say: "Do you know who I am?"

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ped_Yai » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 pm

muthafunky wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:25 pm
Uh, enforcing the law has everything to do with how deferential a citizen is when there is an apparent violation of the law by the citizen and in the course of the officer's investigation the citizen not only fails to cooperate, but decides to tell the cop that he can basically piss up a rope. What bubble to you live in?
You don't have to say a word to a cop interrogating you (see: the US Constitution). You can also tell a cop to piss up a rope. That is not a crime and should not be used to more harshly deal with a citizen.
It appears that the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination does not apply to a refusal to give your name when the officer has witnessed your commission of a presumed infraction in his presence and he asks your name for the purpose of issuing you a citation. US Supreme Court, 2004. That seems to be what was going on here.

BTW, the charming princess was on four years probation:

Complicating her case is the fact that she's on probation from a 2016 case. She was charged with burglary, simple assault, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and recklessly endangering, but eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of simple assault and reckless endangerment. She was sentenced to 4 years probation.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/ ... _punc.html

I take back what I said about the city settling the case for nuisance value.

The lady ain't going to see a dime.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 pm

You're wrong,, Ped Yai. The aunt's testimony will be devastating.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

And in today's edition of Cops Gone Wild:

Texas police officer investigated for pointing gun at young children on video

• BY MARK OSBORNE
Jul 9, 2018, 7:02 AM ET

An El Paso, Texas, police officer has been relegated to desk duty after a disturbing video surfaced of the cop pointing a gun at a group of children and roughly arresting one of the boys last week.
The incident took place on Thursday when police said they responded to a call about a group of young boys trespassing near a recreation center in the western Texas city bordering Mexico.

The video, which was uploaded to a user's Facebook page on Friday, appears to show a police officer pushing one of the boys against a wall with his knee while the other boys taunt the officer and hurl profanity at him.

The officer can then be seen drawing his gun and pointing it at some of the boys, who recoil, before the cop quickly re-holsters his service weapon.
His partner then drags the kid into the street and the first officer whips out his baton and begins screaming for the onlookers to "get back," before eventually pushing a woman and getting into a heated verbal argument with her.

The person filming the confrontation can be heard saying, "We're going to put a report on these two fools. It's all good." The officer then comes after the man filming the incident and can be seen arresting him as well.

Two people were arrested, according to police, including one minor and one adult.

The El Paso Police Department said on Saturday they had launched an internal investigation of the incident and the officer who pulled the gun has been placed on desk duty.
"This is a serious matter that will be thoroughly investigated," El Paso Police Department spokesman Sgt. Enrique Carrillo told El Paso ABC affiliate KVIA. "All the facts, circumstances and events that led to the incident will be looked into. As such no further comment will be made at this point."

The unnamed officer has been on the El Paso police force for four years, according to KVIA.

Assistant City Manager Dionne Mack held a press conference Saturday and called the police officer's behavior "disheartening."

"For me that it was most disheartening is to sort of see the children labeled and just sort of see them sort of discarded," Mack said. "I mean this is one incident you know these are our children this is our community, and I am not giving up on those children, and although we had this incident I am very proud to be a part of this community that I know values our children."
Mack said that she does plan to wait for the investigation play out before condemning the officers involved.

"We want to make sure that there is some resolution and I do think it's important for the community to understand that the Police Department understands that this is very important, and the perception of our community and the way the police interacts is very important, and we can't draw conclusions until the investigation is done," she said.

Link includes video of the cop whipping out his gun on little kids
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Words, Moe.
Sometimes the order they come in and the tiny words around them matter,
If you could grasp that you’d have so many more ways to say ‘cunt’.

(Bad post for typos)
Last edited by DCComic on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm glad we have a special thread for all the overblown cop abuse stories.

I think this is why Democrats win soapbox moralizing contests, but lose elections.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:59 pm

They’re not particularly old kids either...
Probably deserved a couple of soft baton whips while pinned to the floor, all the same.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:40 am

Angry Drunken Jew Hating Cunt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm
Grrr... Snarl... Hate Jews... Want to gas a Jew...
(Bad post for typos)
That's nice Candy. You've been humping my leg furiously lately. How long will it be before your next meltdown and banning?

By the way, what is your handle on Stormfront?

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:58 pm

More soft punching, from the Detroit PD's finest:

NSFW

Detroit police officer suspended after video shows him punching naked woman at hospital
By BILL HUTCHINSON Aug 2, 2018, 4:32 PM ET

A Detroit police officer is the subject of a criminal investigation after a "disturbing" cell-phone video surfaced showing him repeatedly punching an apparently emotionally disturbed naked woman at a hospital, officials said Thursday.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig announced at a press conference that the officer, an 18-year veteran of the police force, has been suspended after he was seen in the video beating the woman even after she had turned her back to him and was trying to retreat.

Craig said the incident happened on Wednesday at Detroit Receiving Hospital and that the victim, whose name was not released, suffered minor injuries.

A witness took the cell-phone video of the incident, which was later aired by Fox affiliate station WJBK-TV in Detroit. Craig said the video was turned over to police about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.

"It's very disturbing," Craig said. "However, I want to remind everyone that we have initiated and started a criminal investigation, but the officer is entitled to due process."

In the video, the woman is completely nude and seen struggling with police and security guards at the hospital. The police officer, whose name was not released, is seen repeatedly punching the woman with his fists in her head and body.

Craig said he has compared the video to the body-worn camera footage from the officer and his partner, saying "it tells a little bit of a different story."

"Certainly the suspect, in this case, became very agitated," Craig said. "She was threatening, clenched fists. She spat on several of the hospital employees. In addition to that, a member of the security staff was bitten twice and sustained injury."

"At some point, she tried to bite the officer who used force," Craig said. "So as he was trying to calm her down, at some point, the officer began to strike her because she wasn't responding, she was not compliant."

He said the officer and his partner first encountered the woman after answering a call about 6:45 p.m. of a "lewd and lascivious" act in progress.

"When the officers got to the location they were in contact with a lone female who was not clothed," the chief said. "She was passive, she didn't appear to be agitated and the officer knew that she was more than likely in a mental crisis."

Craig said the officers covered the woman with a robe and drove her to Detroit Receiving Hospital.

He said one of his "concerns" is that the officer did not handcuff the woman, which is not in keeping with department training.

"We know from our training and experience that anytime we transport someone, particularly if they're suffering from mental illness, for their safety, for the officers' safety and for the community's safety that we handcuff," Craig said. "Once she gets into the hospital, though, she takes off the robe and that's when things begin to change."

He noted that there were points in the video "where the suspect had turned her back but the officer continued to punch. It was at that point we had grave concerns for the officer's actions..."

The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave and that the Wayne County District Attorney's Office is conducting the criminal investigation, Craig said.

He said the officer is a corporal, who has not had a complaint lodged against him since 2015. The officer has had six "minor uses of force" in his 18-year tenure with the force, but this is his first "category 1" use of force incident, meaning an injury occurred as a result of his actions, Craig said.

He said the officer has attended mental health and emotional survival training, twice in 2016 and once in 2015.

"At this point, I can't tell you why the officer didn't opt for using a Taser, why he didn't wait for backup," Craig said. "Those are the things that we'll be determining throughout this investigation."

Link

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 am

Those aren't soft punches. But I'm glad you have a new pet phrase.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey, it's been a few days. Time for a little more of the latest craze in law enforcement - soft punching!

Baltimore police officer suspended after video shows him repeatedly punching man

BALTIMORE, Maryland (KTRK) --
A Baltimore police officer has been suspended after a video surfaced of him repeatedly punching a man outside a business.

Dashawn McGrier is currently in the hospital being treated for his injuries, while his family fights for justice.

The viral video is now a part of an ongoing investigation that will also include reviewing body camera footage worn by the officer.

Interim police commissioner Gary Tuggle says he's deeply disturbed by the video, adding that the officer, who has not been named, has been suspended.

Police have also identified the second officer in the video, who didn't attempt to stop the other officer from throwing punches.

"I was angry. I was crying. I was hurt," McGrier's sister, Shantel Allen, said.

Investigators say the dispute started after one of the officers, who knew McGrier, asked him for an ID and he refused.

"The level of force that was used by that officer was unnecessary," Allen said.

Baltimore's mayor, Catherine Pugh, issued a statement demanding answers and accountability. She says the video was very disturbing.

Police say McGrier was released from custody and will not face any charges.
Link

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:48 pm

"the dispute started after one of the officers, who knew McGrier, asked him for an ID and he refused.
'The level of force that was used by that officer was unnecessary,' Allen said."

um...ya THINK?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Strumming my nose with his knuckles
Ruining my life with his fists
Killing me softly with his punches
Killing me softly with his kicks
wrecking my whole life with his takedowns
Killing me softly with his fists