FFS. Seriously, this is so disturbing

Main Course
Scrubb
Stew Ingredient

Re: FFS. Seriously, this is so disturbing

Post by Scrubb » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 pm

She did not assault them. It is NOT the correct charge.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:10 pm

She did assault them while she was resisting arrest.

Here's another hint: When the cops are arresting you, let them.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Whatever she did, and if they really wanted to physically arrest her, they could easily have done it with the minimum of force. There are well known and safe restraint holds that mean that even I and another 5' 0" woman can restrain a grown man. People working with people with learning difficulties or mental health issues have to take courses in this early in their employment.
No-one working in these fields EVER needs to punch anyone in the head, and they'd instantly be dismissed and charged, if they did.

I'm not sure why two big men felt the need to tackle a young slim woman in that way, and why there's been no instant criticism from their superiors.
Pass the wine...

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 pm

As I mentioned so long ago, our cops love nothing more than to beat the shit out of people resisting arrest.

Please tell Black Lives Matter.

Thanks.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm

veronica_inheels wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:41 pm
One "soft punch" to my head and I would be out with vertigo and vomiting.
If cops did that to me, I would sue.

However, I can't believe her stupidity. Who the fuck talks back to power hungry meatheads like that?
It is not about respecting the authority (eye roll), it is about self preservation. Sure she is young, and the cops can't control themselves, so it isn't her fault, but still, just tell them your fucking name . And fucking giggle. Or whatever a woman is supposed to fucking do.
I hope she gets compensation. The his reminds me of that nurse that was manhandled by cops.
Good post.

I mentioned 'soft punch' and 'a quick bap-bap' to contrast it with other descriptions that seem to be quickly escalating from reality to an image of a cop pinning her down and pummeling her repeatedly in the face. Yes, two punches is technically "repeatedly" but I think it's misleading. That punch wasn't literally soft, but you can see footage of what it looks after a cop really slugs someone. And this certainly doesn't appear to be that.

I thought of that nurse too, but she was sticking up for the principle of not carrying out an illegal order on behalf of an unconscious patient in her ward, not fighting for her right to be underage and possess "her aunt;s" beer and tell the cops to mind their own business when they ask her last name, and to otherwise explain the law to them.

If she had continued cooperating until her aunt got back, there's nothing they could have done. But maybe there is no aunt, and she's a minor under 21 in possession of alcohol, and that's why she didn't want to give her last name. Either way, it's a stupid time to decide to act difficult.

When it comes to alcohol, and alcohol in public, and alcohol when you're under 21, it's best to show that you're responsible and can handle the privilege, not leave beer in plain sight and then get defiant with the cops who ask you about it.

The laws are touchy about alcohol in public places like that. I'm actually surprised you're allowed to drink on that beach, that's not always the case. There usually seems to be a constant tug of war between the "let people enjoy responsibly' crowd, and the 'last time we did that, we had a bunch of teenagers jumping on people's cars'.
Unfortunately for the Guardian reading America-watchers, I don't think this is going to lead to a more lax approach to alcohol on that beach, but if anything, the other way around.

veronica_inheels
Stew Ingredient

Post by veronica_inheels » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 pm
As I mentioned so long ago, our cops love nothing more than to beat the shit out of people resisting arrest.

Please tell Black Lives Matter.

Thanks.
It is very tempting to talk back. Or tell them not to touch you. But if I wanted to tell people what I really think of them, I would be paralyzed by now.
You only get one turn on this merry-go-round of life. Chase your happiness. -Nines

veronica_inheels
Stew Ingredient

Post by veronica_inheels » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Last edited by veronica_inheels on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only get one turn on this merry-go-round of life. Chase your happiness. -Nines

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:31 pm

I had one of those Hitler youths stick a gun in my back. And if his finger had slipped, there is no doubt in my mind that the winning defense would have been "I thought he had a gun".

Now this A-hole did it in front of his supervisor and about eight other cops, after one of them asked me for my license. I was standing there in shorts and flip flops while they were writing me a speeding ticket.

Anyway, the rookie got cussed out, and I got a ticket that was purposely screwed up, so I would beat it in court before it became part of the public record.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Scrubb
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scrubb » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Logg wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm

If she had continued cooperating until her aunt got back, there's nothing they could have done.
Did you actually watch the video? I'm guessing not.

She told them "fine, you can wait here till my aunt gets back". She sat down on her blanket and repeated that they could waste their time waiting as long as they like.

That IS cooperating.

And that's the point at which he pulled out the cuffs and went over to physically grab her. SHe jumped up when he pulled out the cuffs, and backed away, pointing out that she hadn't done anything to be arrested for.

The cops were 100% out of line.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:39 pm

The thing is, she wouldn't have even been arrested if she had cooperated about the beer. I don't think you get arrested for minor in possession of alcohol, at least I didn't when I was busted for having beer on the beach. They cited me, told me I had to contact the court with a parent, and then poured out all ten of the remaining bottles of the beloved 12 pack my friend and I had so painstakingly acquired twenty minutes before.
When my dad dild call the court, they told him to tell me to write "possession of alcohol by a minor under 21 is illegal' 500 times and mail it in by the end of the month, which I did.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 pm

White women in America are NOT used to being told what to do.

Their sense of privileged is going to be the death of them.
The First White Man to Ever be Woke

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:41 pm

That's pretty funny, Disco.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Scrubb wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 pm
Logg wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm

If she had continued cooperating until her aunt got back, there's nothing they could have done.
Did you actually watch the video? I'm guessing not.

She told them "fine, you can wait here till my aunt gets back". She sat down on her blanket and repeated that they could waste their time waiting as long as they like.

That IS cooperating.

And that's the point at which he pulled out the cuffs and went over to physically grab her. SHe jumped up when he pulled out the cuffs, and backed away, pointing out that she hadn't done anything to be arrested for.

The cops were 100% out of line.
In fact I did watch the video, and provided a link to a slightly longer one. You left out the part where they asked her for her last name and she refused. That's when the cop said "That's it. I'm done with you."

I suggest watching the longer video. It shows a little bit beforehand, when she was also explaining to the cops about the laws of alcohol on the beach, contradicting everything they said, for some reason. That's not being cooperative either.

It seems like the only thing she cooperated on was blowing the brethalyzer.

And if I remember it right, she wasn't politely suggesting they wait for her aunt to straighten it all out. It was more like they asked her where her aunt was and she said, "She's on her way! You can wait here, just like you wasted your time coming over here, you can keep waiting here for her." Then they asked her for her last name. She said, "you don't need my last name," and turned her back on them.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm

And what’s wrong with any of that? When did it be a legal obligation punishable by assault to be deferential to the police?
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:04 pm
aero wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm
There is no way on earth that anyone deserves a beatdown over beer or lippyness.
She wasn't beaten over beer or lippyness.

Once again class, she was beaten for resisting arrest. Hint: Don't do that.

Scrubb wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:32 pm
SHE is being charged with assault. Not them.

It is the correct charge.

Here's another hint: Don't resist arrest, class.

shunter wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:32 pm
They took it further because they were assholes.

And yes, she still loses.
What does that even mean? The fact is you are such a confused brainwashed twat that you imagine being anything other than wholly deferential to these jumped up security guards is of itself justification for what happened. Because that’s the way of the world, and she’s a “tramp”. It isn’t the way of the world and she isn’t a tramp except that’s the way you’ve made it, and how you’ve imagined it. Because you’re a fascist idiot.
OTOH, shunter should resist arrest.
You think she deserved it; you’re grotesque and brainwashed
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:17 pm

As I mentioned above, it is a legal obligation in New Jersey to identify yourself to a policeman who asks during a legitimate Terry stop, which this was.

veronica_inheels
Stew Ingredient

Post by veronica_inheels » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:28 pm

There you go. He asked for last name, maybe to end the situation and save face. Maybe to give her a ticket. And if she got a ticket (for what?), she would dispute it and it would be thrown out .
You simply don't behave and talk like that towards cops, border guards, judges, government clerks etc...
It's called life skills.
And no, she did not deserve what happened to her, it is not a question of morality or revenge.

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:32 pm

So if these officers actually wanted to resolve this thing calmly, they could simply have advised her of that, Vinny. When she said that they had no right to ask, a simple and calm response that stated that yes, in this case they had that right, and why, might just have prevented the whole thing.

Again, escalation rather than de-escalation. But judging from those reponses about the de-escalation courses, it seems that in the US, de-escalation just isn't in the ethos of policing. And for whatever reason, it seems to be the big difference between US and UK policing styles.

I'm not saying that there aren't rogue police officers here (more likely within police station detention situations, maybe, with aggressive prisoners), but people certainly aren't scared to enter into discussion with them in a public situation such as the one in the OP. And protesting about giving one's name isn't going to result in being physically restrained. If there was such a rogue case in the UK, no-one would respond as some of the US posters have, that somehow who didn't give their name, deserved what she got.
Pass the wine...

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Here's more earlier footage. I think they edit bits together for the media posts.

The more I watch, the more I like her. She's cute and spunky. But she's not a very responsible person.

BTW, is anybody still pretending that "her aunt" is nearby?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 pm

shunter wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:04 pm
aero wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm
There is no way on earth that anyone deserves a beatdown over beer or lippyness.
She wasn't beaten over beer or lippyness.

Once again class, she was beaten for resisting arrest. Hint: Don't do that.

Scrubb wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:32 pm
SHE is being charged with assault. Not them.

It is the correct charge.

Here's another hint: Don't resist arrest, class.

shunter wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 pm

What does that even mean? The fact is you are such a confused brainwashed twat that you imagine being anything other than wholly deferential to these jumped up security guards is of itself justification for what happened. Because that’s the way of the world, and she’s a “tramp”. It isn’t the way of the world and she isn’t a tramp except that’s the way you’ve made it, and how you’ve imagined it. Because you’re a fascist idiot.
OTOH, shunter should resist arrest.
You think she deserved it; you’re grotesque and brainwashed
You are officially as stupid as cuch and cuchforbrains5.

Congrats!

And remember, always mouth off to the cops and then resist arrest on your next drunken trip to the promised land. Thanks.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:38 pm

I don't know anything about deescalation training in the UK. I do know from the radio program linked to above that there is apparently not enough of it in the US (although there is no hard evidence as to whether it works), and that it is becoming increasingly common here.

I also don't know about the laws and regulations on this beach. The cop mentions "open display". Is open display of a closed container of alcohol illegal on that beach? Is possession of a closed container by a minor illegal on that beach?

Has the aunt come forward?

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 am

I like her in this tape. This is a girl who knows how to swear. It starts off with 'go fuckin' fuck yourself,' but the best is when she's flailing on the ground, thrashing about as they try to cuff her and she says "you're choking me!" and the cop says, "I"m not choking you" and she momentarily turns and tries to fix her gaze on him and says, "yes you fuckin' are you fuckin dickhead," as if people being choked can reel off multisyllabic sentences.

As she's being led to the car, she says to a bystander, "don't stare unless you're gonna fuckin help!" between her berating of the cops.

She's like a real life Carla Tortelli. Consider me a fan.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:05 am

Logg wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:33 pm
I like her. She's cute and spunky
X2.
And it's so freaking hot when she blows into the breathalizer.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 am

It looks like he punches her three times because she calls him a fucking dickhead. "That's it," he says, and punches her.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:33 am

VinnyD wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 am
It looks like he punches her three times because she calls him a fucking dickhead. "That's it," he says, and punches her.
Note to the class: Don't say that to a cop trying to arrest you.

Also, never bum rush a cop trying to arrest you for stealing cigars. Just ask the Gentle Giant. (This hint is for our Black Lives Matter posters).
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:44 am

VinnyD wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:17 pm
As I mentioned above, it is a legal obligation in New Jersey to identify yourself to a policeman who asks during a legitimate Terry stop, which this was.
what does that have to do with anything?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:05 am

Logg masturbating over police brutality is a bit of a moment for our happy PS gang, isn’t it? Should be.

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 am

VinnyD wrote:It looks like he punches her three times because she calls him a fucking dickhead. "That's it," he says, and punches her.
well he was a fucking dickhead but yeah way to incite known power crazy bullies with low iqs plus guns and badges to use them
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:22 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:33 am
VinnyD wrote:

Also, never bum rush a cop trying to arrest you for stealing cigars. Just ask the Gentle Giant. (This hint is for our Black Lives Matter posters).
Our true BLM fetishists were reduced by one when judik had her Fake News beliefs crushed on the rocks of reality by the Gentle Giant. I tried to warn her.

But did she give up the Fake News? Doubtful, highly doubtful.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:33 am
VinnyD wrote:
You've been living under the threat of police violence for so long and normalised it so completely that you've forgotten that it's wrong. Same goes for Logg.

You're a libertarian who can't bring himself to condemn a beating administered by agents of the state for the crime of not being sufficiently co-operative with the same agents of the state. Does that not give you even a moment's pause?
Born a worm, spins a coccoon
Goes to sleep, wakes up a butterfly
What the fuck is that about?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:00 am

Fascinating, ben.

You're unthinkingly buying into the leftardic propaganda about me, I see.

Allow me to retort. I'm one of the few here trying to change our cops back to what they were when I was young, And the best way to do that is to legalize drugs.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:04 am

The beer was also near her 18 month old daughter. I bet she wouldn’t have given her name either if asked - next time the police should be more thorough and repeatedly “soft” punch the toddler as well.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:05 am

I don't see how any of that relates to what I posted. What's the leftardic propaganda I'm buying into, exactly?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 am

ben_hanscombe wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:05 am
I don't see how any of that relates to what I posted. What's the leftardic propaganda I'm buying into, exactly?
Every negative thing hurled at me in this thread, for starters. You bought it.

Maybe you need to attend an English comprehension class along with all the rest?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 am

VinnyD wrote:
No, you can clearly see her foot come into the frame after kicking the cop and it appears she tried to strike with one of her arms too.

The cops could have handled it better but her attitude and bad manners (gets on the phone and arrogantly walks away from the scene forcing the cops to go get her) tells me that getting punched is probably a regular Saturday night for her.

Of course Logg likes her she's an asshole.

Words do matter, however, and cops should be trained not too use aggressive language like, "ok, you're being dropped". Protect and serve not constantly get into fights. Thankfully, as Homer noted earlier in the thread, your average cop isn't anything like these guys.
Last edited by SeamusMcCool on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moethebartender wrote: "No doubt funded by the nigrah's and the joos."

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:15 am

Wow, Seamus speaks the truth from way out in left field!

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 am
ben_hanscombe wrote:
I'm responding to your posts. You haven't responded to mine.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:21 am

And, Vron is pretty much right too. There's a time and place to fight cops and that's in court. Just blow the breathalyzer, keep your mouth shut including snarky comments about blowing negative, dump the booze and take the ticket if they write one and then fight it in court. Both parties are responsible for keeping the situation from escalating. I believe cops bear more responsibility but civilians do as well.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:26 am

ben_hanscombe wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 am
Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 am
ben_hanscombe wrote:
I'm responding to your posts. You haven't responded to mine.
I have honestly missed them

I will get my hereditary minders right on that. Because the USA has no clue, as per you. :roll:
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:14 am

So, how much is this going to cost the local force? How much compensation is she going to get? What is going to be the fall out for the officers? Or will the final outcome be that she is convicted, on multiple counts and all officers get a pass?

I thought the 'rescue' officer who transferred her handled it well/better, the way he spoke to her and her partner.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 am

Considering cops have gotten away with shooting unarmed civilians I don't see how this punchy and kicking big mouth is entitled to anything except maybe an apology.

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:23 am

She should get her own season of Jersey Shore.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:37 am

SeamusMcCool wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 am
Considering cops have gotten away with shooting unarmed civilians I don't see how this punchy and kicking big mouth is entitled to anything except maybe an apology.
As I mentioned, a teen in Tacoma just got a million for being pulled to the ground by her hair and tased.

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:52 am

ben_hanscombe wrote: You've been living under the threat of police violence for so long and normalised it so completely that you've forgotten that it's wrong.
That comes over from so many posts in this thread. I find it depressing and hard to get my head round.

You're a police officer, you're going to deal with some unpleasant people. That's the job. This girl will be at the least offensive end. If you can't deal with her without gratuitous violence, you shouldn't be a cop. That's a given.
What shocks me is the lack of blame or surprise from most of the Americans here, who seem to expect nothing more, and are even sort of okay with it.
Pass the wine...

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:56 am

The hysterics never cease

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:10 am

Mutha - “hysterics” and leela don’t go in the same sentence. She’s written a calm, measured viewpoint, which incidentally I share.

I also agree with seamus - these guys are a minority within the force - but they should be shamed, punished, and this sort of thing stamped out.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 am

simon_in_exile wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:10 am
Mutha - “hysterics” and leela don’t go in the same sentence. She’s written a calm, measured viewpoint, which incidentally I share.

I also agree with seamus - these guys are a minority within the force - but they should be shamed, punished, and this sort of thing stamped out.
We foreigners aren't going to stop being outraged until you dumb Yanks make resisting arrest legal.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 am

The arrest is one thing (although over an unopened beer, hmm), but the physical assault - punching a woman in the head while she is pinned down with her face in the sand... I’m sure if that was mutha’s wife with their toddler nearby, or logg’s girlfriend, they might have a different view on the matter. If a member of the public had done this, they would be charged with assault. So should the police officer - it’s fucked up.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 am

Different view? What is my view on the matter?

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am

That leela is being hysterical (a couple of posts up).

That being said... a million dollars payout for the tased girl is a LOT of money. And I guess at least this girl on the beach didn’t get shot.