Trump Inc. plus White House updates

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Trump Inc. plus White House updates

Post by Logg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Have you listened or subscribed to Trump Inc. yet? It's the latest Trump-related podcast, focusing on first-person anecdotal stories about Trump's business interests past and present.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/shows/trumpinc

In other presidential news, how weird is it that Trump's lawyer says he was the one who paid off Stormy Daniels, and that her allegations were totally not true--he just paid her off to squelch the negative press that her false allegations would generate?

Interestingly, it's the Rob Porter scandal that seems to have the most legs at this point and is the thing that is actually causing the Republican House to take action.
Apparently where there's smoke there's fire, and "someone who should never have been allowed to go near the White House," like Porter, indicates that the security clearance process at the White House is completely dysfunctional (ie non-existent), and that there are dozens of people working in the White House who are as potentially compromised as Porter.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Re: Trump Inc. plus White House updates

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm just glad I found out who was banging Hope Hicks- a serial wife beater.

On another note, Trump fires Hope's boyfriends. First Corey and now Rob is gone. He obviously wants her for himself.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

And why is Hope Hicks in the White House exactly?

The White House is like a King David Old Testament era soap opera now.

As Dr. Nick would say, "What a country!"

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 pm

She worked for Trump when he was a civilian, so he brought her in. That's pretty normal.

Then she got promoted after the Mooch went postal.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Feh. The top three OPs on this branch are basically gossip posts, followed by one entitled "what do you look like?"

Let me know if it gets back to politics anytime soon.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm

But...what DO you look like?

I'm guessing Sam the Eagle passing a small-to-medium kidney stone.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:45 pm

The Lawyer didn't state either of the two things you say he did. He's a Lawyer. There's a WashingtonPost article that covers his language. Key words "facilitated" [payment], and other stuff that basically says "prove that my client got big spankies from Ms. Clifford" etc.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:49 pm

The flip side of this is Trump seems uninterested in actual sex.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:56 pm

I've thought the same thing.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Logg wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm
...Interestingly, it's the Rob Porter scandal that seems to have the most legs at this point and is the thing that is actually causing the Republican House to take action. Apparently where there's smoke there's fire, and "someone who should never have been allowed to go near the White House," like Porter, indicates that the security clearance process at the White House is completely dysfunctional (ie non-existent), and that there are dozens of people working in the White House who are as potentially compromised as Porter.
Jared Kushner still hasn't received a security clearance, but that hasn't prevented him from accessing classified intelligence. He's probably looked at more classified documents than Hillary Clinton ever sent in her personal e-mails.

"I don't need no stinkin' security clearance! I'm married to the President's daughter!"
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm
But...what DO you look like?

I'm guessing Sam the Eagle passing a small-to-medium kidney stone.
Disco looked like Slash about 30 years ago.

Logg wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Feh. The top three OPs on this branch are basically gossip posts, followed by one entitled "what do you look like?"

Let me know if it gets back to politics anytime soon.
He sniffed, after posting yet another gossip thread.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

NorthAmerican wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Logg wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm
...Interestingly, it's the Rob Porter scandal that seems to have the most legs at this point and is the thing that is actually causing the Republican House to take action. Apparently where there's smoke there's fire, and "someone who should never have been allowed to go near the White House," like Porter, indicates that the security clearance process at the White House is completely dysfunctional (ie non-existent), and that there are dozens of people working in the White House who are as potentially compromised as Porter.
Jared Kushner still hasn't received a security clearance, but that hasn't prevented him from accessing classified intelligence. He's probably looked at more classified documents than Hillary Clinton ever sent in her personal e-mails.

"I don't need no stinkin' security clearance! I'm married to the President's daughter!"
Yeah, Jared Kushner is supposedly the one who reads Trump's daily security briefings for him, since Trump doesn't like to read and can't concentrate. We're aware of his many unsuccessful attempts to get a security clearance because he's so high profile, but I wonder about the dozens of other non-cleared staffers who fall below the radar and are presumably part of the crew that makes the White House seem like a free-for-all. Apparently that's what made members of the House Republicans finally act.

As far as the lawyer, the point is he made the whole incident much more interesting by claiming that he paid her off, sorry 'facilitated' the payment, even though no sexual affair can be proven. The obvious question is why else would he pay her off, and the more interesting question is where did the money come from that he used?

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:12 pm

My last job before I retired was as an editor at a research facility where about 60 percent of our income was from government programs, the majority of them classified. On my first day at work I filled out the forms that would be submitted to the government in connection with my employer's request that I be granted a security clearance. The process took so long -- months, rather than weeks -- that I was afraid I'd be let go. For all that time, the only things I edited were things like the CVs of our engineers and scientists or the texts of promotional brochures describing our research capabilities.

How can it make sense that a person like me couldn't even be in the same room as someone with a classified blueprint or schematic on his desk, while Porter, Kushner, et al. are allowed access to the deepest, darkest intelligence our government has about individuals and nations around the world?
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 pm
I'm just glad I found out who was banging Hope Hicks- a serial wife beater.

On another note, Trump fires Hope's boyfriends. First Corey and now Rob is gone. He obviously wants her for himself.
You might have a shot afterall loosy, seems Hope has exceedingly poor judgement when it comes to men

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you for your valuable contribution, commieguy. Keep hope alive.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!