King Jeremy The Wicked

Main Course
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

King Jeremy The Wicked

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

Is it time for The High Sparrow to step down?

The fact that Labour are behind in the polls even while the Tories are infighting and have a weak and baffled leader, tells you what you need to know right now about the next UK election. The Tories will win again.

Expect stories along the lines of “Jeremy has done amazingly well. But is he the person to really carry us over the finishing line with the voters? Or do we need someone else to finally close the deal?" drifting into the public arena in the next few months.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Re: King Jeremy The Wicked

Post by Godjira » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 am

Yeah, and Trump should have dropped out too.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient

Post by harry_flashman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:52 pm

The Tories will win again.
I am not so sure. Remember what happened the last time the polls predicted a big conservative majority. If the British people were stupid enough to vote for a fraud like Tony Blair or a lunatic like Gordon Brown then what makes you think that they would not be stupid enough to vote for corbyn?
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Labour under Corbyn did surprisingly well for a party of MPs that refused to back their leader and kept telling the world he was unelectable.
Imagine what they could have achieved if the PLP had respected his mandate and got behind him instead of whinging and sabotaging.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Anyway, let's get the Brexit fiasco out of the way. May and her cronies can all go down in ridiculous posturing flames and we can have a meaningful GE.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Imagine what they could have achieved if the PLP had respected his mandate and got behind him instead of whinging and sabotaging.
anti Semitism would have been popular again
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:24 pm

I think we are approaching the endgame.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

You can’t be behind in the polls to a rabble with a paralysed leader and not have people question whether you should quit. His colleagues will already be spreading that message.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 pm

I can’t imagine either the tories or labour winning but it would seem one must - unless neither party can get the numbers to work on a confidence and supply arrangement.

Blair’s advice to labour is entirely sensible: make the tories own Brexit then you’ll reap the benefits should brexit not be a success. But labour long since stopped listening to the man who handsomely won 3 elections in a row immediately prior to the next 3 labour leaders losing 3 elections in a row.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

DCComic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm
Labour under Corbyn did surprisingly well for a party of MPs that refused to back their leader and kept telling the world he was unelectable.
How would the arithmetic need to work to get a labour government? I’m not sure it’s possible unless they get 50% or close to it.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm

shunter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 pm
I can’t imagine either the tories or labour winning but it would seem one must - unless neither party can get the numbers to work on a confidence and supply arrangement.

Blair’s advice to labour is entirely sensible: make the tories own Brexit then you’ll reap the benefits should brexit not be a success. But labour long since stopped listening to the man who handsomely won 3 elections in a row immediately prior to the next 3 labour leaders losing 3 elections in a row.

Blair is toxic.
Having the same ideas as him is one thing. Being seen to take his advice is suicidal.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm

shunter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

How would the arithmetic need to work to get a labour government? I’m not sure it’s possible unless they get 50% or close to it.

Depends on an arrangement with the Scottish Nationalists.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 pm

DCComic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm
shunter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Blair is toxic.
Having the same ideas as him is one thing. Being seen to take his advice is suicidal.
He’s just stating the obvious, it seems.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:06 pm

He’s just stating the obvious, it seems.
Totally.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:10 pm

DCComic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm
shunter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Depends on an arrangement with the Scottish Nationalists.
Im not sure what they would need to be bought up apart from the obvious but it’s problematic coming to an arrangement given they want the uk state to split. How does the sno prop up the government from a state it actively wants to split from. Doable in theory I guess but a bit contradictory.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:28 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:24 pm
I think we are approaching the endgame.

You could be on to something. There’s increased rumblings as labours lead in the polls evaporates. There’s talk of attempting to get the membership to pressure Jezza over his brexit support - he is after all at the mercy of the members if not the plp. The cunts fucking over the members and that penny needs to drop with them.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Is the OP about Canada or New Zealand?

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:06 pm

I do think the Tories have lost the plot big time, the general view seems to be that May is seen as a weak leader and Boris is a loose cannon within the party, and are seen by several pundits as a caretaker-type government.

To many it seems they need to replaced by a stronger and better leadership team from within the party, or because of their weakness the UK will end with Jeremy as PM.

No doubt that the biggest task to the Tories right now is to find a strong leader, and this is far, far bigger problem than anything outside of the party, but where do they find them?

Do they choose a young gun from their lower ranks, support him and get behind him, and give the voters a chance to have a good look at him, or do they go with Ms May and hope for the best?

I do hope they go for it and get behind some young bloke.
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Amber Rudd is articulate and has more guts than May. I’m not saying she’s great but it’s a pooor field. Philip Hammond would never win a leadership election but is clearly not a nutcase. Beyond that, I can’t think of anyone

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Fun fact: if Andrea Leadsom (who I suppose jedgar would call a young person) hadn’t dropped out of her own accord, May vs Leadsom would have gone before the Conservative’s small, old and angry membership and Leadsom would be Prime Minister today.

So if you think Amber Rudd or Philip Hammond is even in the game you’re delusional. The best chance for a moderate Conservative leader is George Osborne and only after a decade of Jacob Rees Mogg in opposition.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Labour - behind in the polls. Multiple election failures. A million miles from power. Again. Talking about who should lead the Tories. FFS.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 am

Chi_Rup wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm
Fun fact: if Andrea Leadsom (who I suppose jedgar would call a young person) hadn’t dropped out of her own accord, May vs Leadsom would have gone before the Conservative’s small, old and angry membership and Leadsom would be Prime Minister today.

So if you think Amber Rudd or Philip Hammond is even in the game you’re delusional. The best chance for a moderate Conservative leader is George Osborne and only after a decade of Jacob Rees Mogg in opposition.
Philip Hammond isn’t in the game but Rudd is. Leadsome wouldn’t have beaten May if it had gone to the membership. Rees mogg wouldn’t be in the final 2 offered to the menenetship. The danger would be someone sensible like Rudd versus someone daft like Johnson. They need to engineer a way to get 2 sensible candidates in front on the membership. But there arent 2 availabele it seems.