Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Main Course
Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 am

Why yes, yes he was. And right after he denied he was involved in a TV interview.

It was the emails between those two leftardic lovers in the FBI that spilled those beans today.

I wonder how many corrupt FBI and DOJ employees will be criminally indicted for lying to the judge to spy on the Pubes before this is all over? I always knew Maobama was behind the biggest scandal in American political history.
Newly released text messages between FBI lovers Peter Strzok and Lisa Page saying Barack Obama wanted to “know everything” the FBI was “doing” could raise questions about the former president's 2016 statement that he was not involved in discussing pending probes.

The texts were part of a batch released by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., along with majority staff from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Strzok and Page, who worked for a short period of time on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team, have been in the spotlight ever since a slew of anti-Trump messages between them surfaced last year.

In the new text message chain from Sept. 2, 2016, Page mentioned Obama in the context of a briefing for then-FBI director James Comey.

“Checkout my 9:30 mtg on the 7th,” Strzok texted Page.

“I can tell you why you’re having that meeting. It’s not what you think,” Page responded.

“TPs [talking points] for D [Comey]?” Strzok asked.

“Yes, bc potus wants to know everything we are doing,” Page said.

The message suggested that Obama would meet Comey regarding an FBI matter.

Yet, on April 10, 2016, Obama told Fox News’ Chris Wallace that he did not have any involvement in ongoing FBI investigations.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... robes.html
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 am

You grasp at more straws than a Dairy Queen clerk.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23284
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:44 am

Can someone translate this into English?

User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 27703
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by andybox » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 am

Knowing about it now equals involvement?
Fascinating.
The rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs never hit you when you're down so low.

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69881
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 am

Personally I never called a colleague a cunt

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:03 am

Clearly, all these corrupt, illegal operators at the highest levels of Maobama's executive branch were working under the assumption that the Hilldebeest was going to win, and sweep all this under the rug.

Oops!

The Sacred Maobama, although deeply involved in this corruption, is probably too insulated to fry for it. Too bad. But I wonder how many of his minions will do time? Certainly all the crooked FBI, CIA and NSA agents, and every lawyer who lied to the FISA judge, and probably a secretary or two. So 10? 20? The show is about to begin.

Now that corrupt Briton, Christopher Steele, has been referred to the DOJ for a criminal indictment. And the transcripts from the FISA court are going to hang everybody involved in the phony Russian dossier.

I should do a pool.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 am

Loosey grasps at more straws than a horny scarecrow.

Anyway, one thing is clear. Trump's firing of Comey was an attempt to obstruct justice
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 am

Wanna play ball, Scarecrow?
Right-wing media obsesses over FBI text message story; hours later it's debunked
by Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy
February 7, 2018: 6:55 PM ET

Members of the pro-Trump media acted like they hit the goldmine on Wednesday morning. Led by Fox News, these outlets went into a frenzy over what they presented as an explosive story that not only cast former President Obama and Hillary Clinton in a negative light, but simultaneously helped vindicate claims then-candidate Donald Trump made about the investigation into Clinton's private email server being "rigged."
But a CNN review of the story's premise indicates that key text messages the story relied on were taken out of context, and portrayed as meaning something entirely different than what they actually meant.

In the early hours of the morning, Fox News published an article on its website based on newly-released communications between senior FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. The text messages were released Tuesday in a report produced by the office of Republican Sen. Ron Johnson.

In one September 2, 2016, text message, Page wrote that there was a meeting at the bureau setup because Obama wanted "to know everything we are doing."

Johnson, in his report, said the text message raised questions about Obama's involvement in the FBI's investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server. In fact, the message more likely indicated that Obama wanted to be kept informed of an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

In its story, Fox News reiterated Johnson's claim without scrutiny. In fact, it's not clear if Fox News even reached out to Obama's office prior to publishing to see if there were any other explanation for what Page said in her text. The story makes no note of the reporter having sought comment. In an email to CNN, Fox News spokeswoman Carly Shanahan declined to answer whether Fox's reporter had contacted Obama's office. "It's clear you're getting your talking points from a partisan analysis by Think Progress," Shanahan said, referring to a liberal news website.

Before other media outlets could provide the proper context for the text message, the narrative ricocheted through the pro-Trump media universe in what has become a pattern for stories that seem to call the investigation into Trump into question, or suggest that the investigation into Clinton wasn't thorough. The misleading messaging was delivered to millions of people through Fox News' airwaves and through other pro-Trump media, which went into overdrive. Articles about the text lead websites from the Drudge Report and Breitbart to InfoWars and the Gateway Pundit.

The story eventually made his way to the president himself, who amplified it further when he tweeted, "NEW FBI TEXTS ARE BOMBSHELLS!"

People familiar with the matter strongly dispute the assertion that the text message referenced the Clinton email probe. The text message, they say, was actually referencing Obama's desire to be kept abreast on the FBI's investigation into Russian election meddling.

One former Obama official told CNN that the idea the text message was about the Clinton email investigation was "total nonsense," noting that the theory did not conform with the timeline of events.

Indeed, the text message was sent on September 2, 2016, months after the bureau had closed its investigation into Clinton, and before it reopened that investigation. But September 2, 2016 was just days before Obama confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin over Russia's meddling in the presidential election.

A person familiar with Strzok's thinking reiterated this account, telling CNN that the text referred to Obama's broader interests in issues of potential Russian interference in the election more generally. The idea that Obama was micromanaging the FBI's investigation does not match reality, the person said.

In a footnote in his report, Johnson even seemed to concede that the idea the text message referred to the Clinton email investigation was only speculation. The report said the Justice Department said it redacted "text messages that were personal in nature or relating to other investigations." Because this message was not redacted, Johnson's report said, it could be presumed that the Justice Department "believes it may relate to the FBI's investigation of classified information on Secretary Clinton's private server."

This is not the first time a claim pushed by Johnson and Fox News has fallen apart in recent weeks. In late January, the Wisconsin senator backed off a claim -- similarly amplified by Fox News -- that text messages between Strzok and Page indicated there was a "secret society" at the FBI. Johnson did so after people familiar with the exchange said the text message referenced a gag gift of Putin-themed calendars that one of the employees purchased for those working on the early stage of the Russia investigation.

Fox News continued to discuss the story on its air Wednesday afternoon, even after multiple outlets -- including the Wall Street Journal, which is controlled by Fox head Rupert Murdoch -- had reported contrary information.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Flobster!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30613
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Flobster! » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 am

God, this is the weakest conspiracy I've ever heard. The president asks for a briefing from the FBI. It's assumed that it's about Russian interference, although there's no reason to. From this it's assumed that the President being told what the FBI is doing means that the President is "involved" in an investigation. JFC.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 27703
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by andybox » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:06 am

Hahahahaha thanks Godjira, another false alarm jumped on by the right.
The rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs never hit you when you're down so low.

User avatar
incognita
red fanged She-devil
Posts: 20402
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by incognita » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am

Interesting that the "anti-Trump" Russian investigation continues, even though it's being led by Trump Repub appointees.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

8645

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10213
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Logg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 am

Lost Soul is 5 O'Clock Charlie.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:39 am

Godjira wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 am
Wanna play ball, Scarecrow?
Right-wing media obsesses over FBI text message story; hours later it's debunked
by Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy
February 7, 2018: 6:55 PM ET

Members of the pro-Trump media acted like they hit the goldmine on Wednesday morning. Led by Fox News, these outlets went into a frenzy over what they presented as an explosive story that not only cast former President Obama and Hillary Clinton in a negative light, but simultaneously helped vindicate claims then-candidate Donald Trump made about the investigation into Clinton's private email server being "rigged."
But a CNN review of the story's premise indicates that key text messages the story relied on were taken out of context, and portrayed as meaning something entirely different than what they actually meant.

In the early hours of the morning, Fox News published an article on its website based on newly-released communications between senior FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. The text messages were released Tuesday in a report produced by the office of Republican Sen. Ron Johnson.

In one September 2, 2016, text message, Page wrote that there was a meeting at the bureau setup because Obama wanted "to know everything we are doing."

Johnson, in his report, said the text message raised questions about Obama's involvement in the FBI's investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server. In fact, the message more likely indicated that Obama wanted to be kept informed of an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

In its story, Fox News reiterated Johnson's claim without scrutiny. In fact, it's not clear if Fox News even reached out to Obama's office prior to publishing to see if there were any other explanation for what Page said in her text. The story makes no note of the reporter having sought comment. In an email to CNN, Fox News spokeswoman Carly Shanahan declined to answer whether Fox's reporter had contacted Obama's office. "It's clear you're getting your talking points from a partisan analysis by Think Progress," Shanahan said, referring to a liberal news website.

Before other media outlets could provide the proper context for the text message, the narrative ricocheted through the pro-Trump media universe in what has become a pattern for stories that seem to call the investigation into Trump into question, or suggest that the investigation into Clinton wasn't thorough. The misleading messaging was delivered to millions of people through Fox News' airwaves and through other pro-Trump media, which went into overdrive. Articles about the text lead websites from the Drudge Report and Breitbart to InfoWars and the Gateway Pundit.

The story eventually made his way to the president himself, who amplified it further when he tweeted, "NEW FBI TEXTS ARE BOMBSHELLS!"

People familiar with the matter strongly dispute the assertion that the text message referenced the Clinton email probe. The text message, they say, was actually referencing Obama's desire to be kept abreast on the FBI's investigation into Russian election meddling.

One former Obama official told CNN that the idea the text message was about the Clinton email investigation was "total nonsense," noting that the theory did not conform with the timeline of events.

Indeed, the text message was sent on September 2, 2016, months after the bureau had closed its investigation into Clinton, and before it reopened that investigation. But September 2, 2016 was just days before Obama confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin over Russia's meddling in the presidential election.

A person familiar with Strzok's thinking reiterated this account, telling CNN that the text referred to Obama's broader interests in issues of potential Russian interference in the election more generally. The idea that Obama was micromanaging the FBI's investigation does not match reality, the person said.

In a footnote in his report, Johnson even seemed to concede that the idea the text message referred to the Clinton email investigation was only speculation. The report said the Justice Department said it redacted "text messages that were personal in nature or relating to other investigations." Because this message was not redacted, Johnson's report said, it could be presumed that the Justice Department "believes it may relate to the FBI's investigation of classified information on Secretary Clinton's private server."

This is not the first time a claim pushed by Johnson and Fox News has fallen apart in recent weeks. In late January, the Wisconsin senator backed off a claim -- similarly amplified by Fox News -- that text messages between Strzok and Page indicated there was a "secret society" at the FBI. Johnson did so after people familiar with the exchange said the text message referenced a gag gift of Putin-themed calendars that one of the employees purchased for those working on the early stage of the Russia investigation.

Fox News continued to discuss the story on its air Wednesday afternoon, even after multiple outlets -- including the Wall Street Journal, which is controlled by Fox head Rupert Murdoch -- had reported contrary information.
Wow. Some schlub from the Communist News Network spreads more bullshit, thinly. No wonder there was no link.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:44 am

incognita wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am
Interesting that the "anti-Trump" Russian investigation continues, even though it's being led by Trump Repub appointees.
Mueller will resign once the FISA judge reverses his ruling that allowed this dossier bullshit to begin in the first place. And it will be reversed because it was based on lies, and Hillary! money funding Russian nationals to write it (yes, she colluded with Russia!), and then presented as non-partisan fact to the judge, complete with omissions of all conflicts of interest.

It always was a big fat nothing burger, as Comey told Trump three times (but not publicly), and as the soon to be indicted Strzok told his soon to be indicted lover in the emails, and as the soon to be indicted and already fired Andrew McCabe told Congress.

There is a shitload more coming out, Dumbos. Maybe even the Compost or the Crimes will let you know some day.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 am

On on the third day, Orange Christ will rise from the dead.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5128
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Ped_Yai » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Interesting that the "anti-Trump" Russian investigation continues,
I'm hanging on the edge of my seat, breathless with anticipation, awaiting the Shocking! New! Facts! this investigation is sure to unearth any day now.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 54335
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by eric84 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Trumpiedoodle and his congressional stooges seem to be spending an awful of time creating distractions, like this one, for an investigation that will yield nothing! I wonder why?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
incognita
red fanged She-devil
Posts: 20402
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by incognita » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 pm

4 indictments with 2 guilty pleas isn't quite nothing. Mueller keeps chugging along, no one is seriously trying to stop the investigation (except for Turmp). Everyrhing the Rs have said to discredit it has been lies easily debunked. The party of PIZZAGATE BENGHAZIIIII has no credibility anymore, except to the true believers like Ped Yai and LS.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

8645

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:35 pm

incognita wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 pm
4 indictments with 2 guilty pleas isn't quite nothing. Mueller keeps chugging along, no one is seriously trying to stop the investigation (except for Turmp). Everyrhing the Rs have said to discredit it has been lies easily debunked. The party of PIZZAGATE BENGHAZIIIII has no credibility anymore, except to the true believers like Ped Yai and LS.
Nothing he found in this nothing burger had anything to do with Trump colluding with Russia. One guy cheated on his taxes 10 years ago and a few more 'lied' to the lying assholes in the FBI.

BFD.

Indict the Hilldebeest for colluding with Russia or STFU.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25370
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by cowtown » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm

I would expect that Obama (or any sitting President) would be made aware of the situation

The Republicans puffing up the banter of 2 lovers as some sort of proof of a Greater FBI culture and Deep State is so fucking weak and stupid, I can't believe it's still continuing

I mean, wft you freaks?

Release their texts about who will bring home milk, 2% mother fucker
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 54335
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by eric84 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes, we know he wanted to know about Russian interference in the election campaign and had to decide how to act on it.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
strife
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16571
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by strife » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

The 'Libertarian' authoritarian groupie.

Say Maobama again. It never gets old, your received canned wit.
I am Stalking you.

ASQ
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1314
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by ASQ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm

If everyone knew Hillary was going to win, why did Obamary care that Trump's amateur campaign was getting daily briefings from the Russians?

My theory is that the Russians meddled in the previous elections to elect Obama and he was scared (not sacred) that loose lips was going to spill the beans.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59688
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by polardude1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:48 pm

My theory is that the Russians meddled in the previous elections to elect Obama and he was scared (not sacred) that loose lips was going to spill the beans.
yes, that really makes sense in light of the sanctions Obama imposed on Russia for the invasion of Crimea :roll:
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 am

strife wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm
The 'Libertarian' authoritarian groupie.

Say Maobama again. It never gets old, your received canned wit.
The Dumbocrat police state run by Maobama tried to throw an election and frame some Pubes, and this dickhead is yawning?

Fascinating.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 54335
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by eric84 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 am

ASQ wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm
If everyone knew Hillary was going to win, why did Obamary care that Trump's amateur campaign was getting daily briefings from the Russians?

My theory is that the Russians meddled in the previous elections to elect Obama and he was scared (not sacred) that loose lips was going to spill the beans.
A state actor trying tosyvvert your elections no matter what party was involved should be a major concern of the president.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 am

Obama asked for a briefing because 3 days (2 days later?) later he knew he was going to be confronting Putin. Wouldn't he have looked like a dunce if he was not up to date on what had been found.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:21 am

5waldos wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 am
Obama asked for a briefing because 3 days (2 days later?) later he knew he was going to be confronting Putin. Wouldn't he have looked like a dunce if he was not up to date on what had been found.
Yes, that's what the verbiage said in the article. But it was a very charitable article.

Judging by the emails between the two corrupt lovers, it was an ongoing thing. Maobama was on it once he told Brain-Damaged Biden to get lost, and anointed Crooked Hillary! as his incompetent replacement, imo.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:31 am

So you think that the President of the United States shouldn't be interested in Russian hacking? Seriously? The US is being attacked and what- the President should sit in bed and tweet nasty notes about fake news instead? I just assume that when something like this is happening that the man in the White House stays on top of it on a daily basis.

And Tillerson this morning- Yea the Russians are going to hack the next election and gee whizz- they really shouldn't be doing this but gosh- what are we to do?

That is the best we can do? If so, we should just pack it in and give up.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 am

No, I'm saying Maobama lied about it in a TV interview. Why lie?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 am

Knowing about something and being involved in it are two different things. For example, I know a lot about the development of the Tesla self driving car- but am in no way involved in it. Not very subtle difference.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:49 am

He vehemently said he was not involved in the investigation. This was proven to be a lie by the email gossip between the two lovers.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 am

So you consider yourself involved in everything you find out about? Odd that.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 am

I have to leave to go to the UCLA game, Vinny.

Look for me on ESPN in an hour.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Flobster!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30613
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Flobster! » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:58 am

It's a reality check when you now have a president who doesn't bother with intelligence briefings and is taken seriously by some when he calls out a previous president for having them.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:02 am

Yea- that. I WANT the president to know about everything of importance that is going on- every day. And twice a day if important enough. And any president who isn't interested in what is going on has no right being president.

LS- enjoy the game- wave a Hi Stewies sign so we'll recognize you.

User avatar
Flobster!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30613
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Flobster! » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 am

Things might be different now, but under any past president, if you asked them if they were involved in something of national security importance the FBI was doing, there would be an assumption that they KNEW what the FBI was doing (because that's the president's job) - the question is asking something different.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23284
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Citizen Baba » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am

Ped_Yai wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Interesting that the "anti-Trump" Russian investigation continues,
I'm hanging on the edge of my seat, breathless with anticipation, awaiting the Shocking! New! Facts! this investigation is sure to unearth any day now.
You gotta wonder why they just didn’t cooperate and tell the truth.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23284
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Citizen Baba » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:43 am

The things that Goober believes are hilarious.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 pm

5waldos wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:02 am
Yea- that. I WANT the president to know about everything of importance that is going on- every day. And twice a day if important enough. And any president who isn't interested in what is going on has no right being president.

LS- enjoy the game- wave a Hi Stewies sign so we'll recognize you.
It was an awful game, the worst in a decade.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 am

Sorry about that. Just think- you could have stayed home and bickered with us for fun and games.

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15742
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by 5waldos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 am

Sparred would be a much better term.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:41 am

Sparring? With you? You're too nice.

Conversing is best.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 am

As I told you all long before this thread, the rot always starts at the top.

Now even The Hill is zeroing in on the Sacred Maobama as Patient 0 in the third worldification of the US body politic.

Read it and weep, Maobamabots. And keep patiently waiting for the news to reach the Compost and the Crimes.
In all of the discussions about the political weaponization of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the FBI, alleged corruption at the highest echelons of those agencies and serial abuse of the secret FISA process surrounding the 2016 election, one name has been conspicuously absent: President Barack Obama.

High-ranking officials and other major players in those agencies — which Obama oversaw — are increasingly embroiled in the growing scandal: James Comey, Loretta Lynch, Andrew McCabe, Andrew Weissmann, Sally Yates, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr.

Given the tight control Obama exercised over every part of his administration and agenda, the idea that any of these appointees and loyalists freelanced their activities without at least his tacit approval or that of his White House strains credulity.

These kinds of abuses of power were nothing new, given the Obama team’s long history of this type of misconduct on everything from the Benghazi terror attack to the political misuse of the IRS. They weaponized the most fearsome government agencies to target, monitor and presumably illegally unmask political opponents, including members of Congress, journalists reporting unfavorable stories, Trump allies and average Americans.
These dark institutional offenses didn’t just materialize out of thin air. One of the criticisms of President Nixon was that even though he wasn’t aware of the Watergate break-in, he had created an environment in which such an action was acceptable.

Decades later, Obama created a climate in which the potentially criminal misuse of the DOJ and the FBI, as currently being unraveled, was not just acceptable but perhaps encouraged, thereby giving rise to what could be the most dangerous scandal in American history.

It’s increasingly apparent that these recently exposed abuses of power served two ostensible purposes: to secure Hillary Clinton’s candidacy by shielding her from prosecution stemming from the use of her unauthorized private server, and to derail the candidacy and presidency of Donald Trump.

But something else, something more profound, drove their efforts: their urgency to preserve what Obama once called “the fundamental transformation of the nation” — a grand project much bigger than Obama himself or any other single figure. He largely fulfilled the long-held progressive ambition of changing the nation’s course, only to see Trump threaten to change it once again: not to return it to where it was pre-Obama, but to smash the corrupt existing order that had made their progressive advances possible.

Obama and the leftist movement over which he has presided could not tolerate a reversal of their gains (by Trump, no less!), so they got to work.

On the offensive side, these Obama officials — who obviously loathe Trump, as demonstrated by the glaring antipathy in the Strzok–Page texts and others’ communications — set out to damage him. Trump, they thought, gave them much material with which to work, plus they enjoyed a compliant media that stood ready to amplify spoon-fed narratives, regardless of their veracity. The acquisition of multiple FISA warrants — now known to be largely based on an unverified dossier prepared by a foreign spy, using anonymous Russian and close Clinton associates and paid for by her campaign and the Democratic National Committee — to subvert and impair Trump and his associates, succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

On the defensive side, Herculean efforts were made by the Obama DOJ and FBI to stonewall the Clinton investigation, not out of any real love for Hillary but because they needed to ensure a Democratic win and the continuance of their “transformative” agenda. Further, with Clinton at the helm, evidence of all of their previous abuses would never see the light of day.

Thus, the forward march to safeguard her.

In October 2015, Obama told “60 Minutes” that, while Clinton made a “mistake” using a private server, “this is not a situation in which America’s national security was endangered.” The signal to his law enforcement lieutenants to back off could not have been clearer.

As the National Review’s Andrew McCarthy has reported, Obama knowingly and repeatedly sent communications to Clinton via her nongovernment, unsecured email and server. One assumes those emails involved classified information, not yoga schedules. That meant if Clinton were guilty of committing felonies, so was Obama. Because they were joined at the hip over this and other toxic controversies, such as Benghazi, she required protection in order to protect him. To this day, they survive or fall together. Hence, Obama’s support of her candidacy over his preferred choice, Joe Biden, and the necessity of the email cover-up.

He and his allies have never taken their eyes off the prize. They cannot allow their progressive gains to be erased (and replaced by far more successful economic and national security policies) and their history of abuses to be exposed. Having never expected a Trump victory, the Obama and Clinton squads have been throwing the kitchen sink at him in an effort to protect themselves — and to try to backstop their hard-won “transformative” achievements.

Restoring the progressive revolution is also why loyal Obama soldiers such as Biden and Eric Holder are considering White House runs. In the meantime, they must try to destroy Trump, his agenda, and the investigations that are quickly turning against them. After all, if Trump doesn’t just endure but succeeds, Obama, Clinton, their brigades and the larger decades-long radical movement have everything to lose.
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... mas-legacy
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:40 am

Monica Crowley is a Trump flunky.

Look at the first line. "All of the talk"? All of that talk is coming from the Trump Administration and their GOP stooges.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Flobster!
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30613
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Flobster! » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

Heh. She works for The London Center [sic] for Policy Research, owned by Herb London.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Godjira wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:40 am
Monica Crowley is a Trump flunky.

Look at the first line. "All of the talk"? All of that talk is coming from the Trump Administration and their GOP stooges.
Maobama and his bots lose. Now they have those two Communist spies Brennan and Clapper on lying to Congress about the investigation.

Please tell the NY Times.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 66306
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Godjira » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Keep jerking those straws, scarecrow
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
kirrabi
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7161
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:17 pm

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by kirrabi » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 am

Flobster! wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 am
God, this is the weakest conspiracy I've ever heard. The president asks for a briefing from the FBI. It's assumed that it's about Russian interference, although there's no reason to. From this it's assumed that the President being told what the FBI is doing means that the President is "involved" in an investigation. JFC.
I'm not sure but I believe POTUS Obama said he didn't know anything about it or was that Hillary's private server? They all lie so often and the MSM never keeps track of it bcz then they would have to take on responsibilities. It's so much easier to be layabouts waiting for party talking points..
The kind of vampire that bites his own tongue, the kind that after a night of ghastly blood guzzling, he goes home and forgets to draw the shades.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 55588
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Was Maobama Involved In the Trump/Russia Investigation?

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 am

Welcome back, kirrabi. Hope all is well.

FOX News has him on camera to a question by Chris Wallace, denying that he had ANY involvement in the investigation. He was so vehement that you knew he was lying his ass off.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Post Reply