A military parade

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Re: A military parade

Post by 5waldos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:25 pm

I just imagine him, chest (and hair) puffed out with that shit-eating grin of his thinking- Mine- All Mine. If I tell them to jump they will ask How Far Sir!

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 am
Isn’t this parade Trump’s Best troll yet?

It will enrage his opponents, driving them to even more incomprehensible levels of autistic screeching, this time against the military - while ordinary Americans will wonder - ‘what’s wrong with a parade?’

Why can’t you halfwits see that you’re being played? It’s not as if you haven’t been told.
Trump and Po have similar trolling styles. Shit yourself and then declare that you got the reaction you'd hoped for when people start pointing and laughing. Victory!
Korgy on Oprah wrote:she has done some amazing things that no one else has been able to do, like get mainstream American women to actually read real books -- and not trash. and to actually talk about issues of substance.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Po- if I thought that trump was smart I would consider that possibility. But I don’t so I won’t .

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Clearly it wasn’t because he got the brainchild months ago when he was in France.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:53 pm

5waldos wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:25 pm
I just imagine him, chest (and hair) puffed out with that shit-eating grin of his thinking- Mine- All Mine. If I tell them to jump they will ask How Far Sir!

Uh huh, but behind 12 inches of bulletproof glass.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Capitolhill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 pm
I live in DC, and I don’t give a shit about this parade.

Seems like a stupid idea, but like everything relating to Trump it’s sturm und drang signifying nothing. Feel free to hand wring and conflate this to 1930’s Germany.

I’ll take meaningless parades over neocon Middle East invasions and rebuilding efforts in the “American Century”. That shit was way scarier and had more impact.
I don't know if anyone's conflated it with 1930s Germany, but there are comparisons to North Korea, Russia, etc. It's banana republic stuff, which is par for the course with Trump. We should be offended by it and opposed to it, not dismissive of it.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 am

Moethebartender wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 pm
Argonheart_Po wrote:

It will enrage his opponents, driving them to even more incomprehensible levels of autistic screeching, this time against the military - while ordinary Americans will wonder - ‘what’s wrong with a parade?’

Why can’t you halfwits see that you’re being played? It’s not as if you haven’t been told.
Trump and Po have similar trolling styles. Shit yourself and then declare that you got the reaction you'd hoped for when people start pointing and laughing. Victory!
Exactly. And are they too stupid to realize people are laughing at them or are they too oblivious due to their narcissism? It's a mystery.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 am

eric84 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:30 pm
Clearly it wasn’t because he got the brainchild months ago when he was in France.
It was earlier than that- he tried to get one for his inauguration (although he believes it was a coronation)

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 am

His election rally's were very much like those that happened in Nazi Germany in the '30s, perhaps this parade is a natural continuation of the process of brain washing people into thinking he is some kind of a god?
No signature for you!

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 am

Cadet Bone Spurs, reporting for doody.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 am

jedgarandclyde wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 am
His election rally's were very much like those that happened in Nazi Germany in the '30s, perhaps this parade is a natural continuation of the process of brain washing people into thinking he is some kind of a god?
Yeah, and the Sacred Maobama's speeches before the 2008 election weren't?

Fascinating.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:57 am

Moethebartender wrote:
Argonheart_Po wrote:

Blah.

Write something funny or clever.
Last edited by Argonheart_Po on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 am

northern_goddess wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm
Argonheart_Po wrote:

The only one who is consistently screeching around here is you, Po.
Says the angry, hectoring middle-aged lady.

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:03 am

People defending it have a habit of saying, 'Not NK or Russia, look at France! They're nice!' But France has a bit of a history of military coups, most recently the failed 1961 coup - although there was rumbling again in 1968.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:06 am

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) on Tuesday ripped reports that the Pentagon is organizing a military parade at President Trump’s direction, comparing the president to French leader Napoleon Bonaparte.

“I was stunned by it to be quite honest. I mean, we have a Napoleon in the making here. And I believe that we have so many issues around the world in terms of preparing for wars that are ongoing, and wars that may be in the offing because of what’s happening in North Korea, that I would say that it’s really a waste of money,” Speier told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

“I think everyone should be offended by his need to always be showing. He’s truly Napoleon-like,” she added, referring to Bonaparte, who led France’s military in the French Revolution before becoming the country’s emperor.
Why would the left be upset about that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 am

Newsweek is the official policy organ now?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 am

Flobster! wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 am
I think it’s officially a dead dog.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 am
Flobster! wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 am
I think it’s officially a dead dog.
Please, no one here needs to hear about your hard-on.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:28 am

Please, can people at lest compare Trump's rally's to Hitler's just a bit?

As it has been said many times before they were so alike, and can some people on here at least say they were a tad alike?

You are not selling your soul to the devil, in saying they were just a tad alike.
No signature for you!

fishface
Stew Ingredient

Post by fishface » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

I'll compare it to Hitler's rallies. And North Korea.

I fricken love air shows and have photos of me grinning like an idiot when I got to take photos of me in Globemasters. I'm not anti-military by any means.

But a parade like this? Lunacy. And also, I don't believe it's a real suggestion. I assume it's a distraction. Maybe just a bit of smoke and mirrors but I'm not sure what would be specifically hidden or obfuscated. Maybe it's just a way to focus the narrative on things he and his administration want people to focus on (wouldn't be the first to do that).

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am

Hitler had big plans, though, whereas I don't think Trump cares about anything except his personal wealth and his image.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:57 am
Moethebartender wrote:
Argonheart_Po wrote:

Blah.

Write something funny or clever.
Why don't you give it a try first, boy.
Korgy on Oprah wrote:she has done some amazing things that no one else has been able to do, like get mainstream American women to actually read real books -- and not trash. and to actually talk about issues of substance.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 pm

It's completely fair for a conquering leader, after winning a long and intractable war, to throw himself a parade.

And Trump did in fact win the war against Christmas. He tweeted it.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I do find the image of Obama having tanks and rockets parade before him as something i can't quite get my head around, but Mr Trump on the other hand is very different.

Trump scares the shit out of me, ever since he asked 'If we have Nukes, why don't we use them'?

For me he is just like a 4 year old, playing with his toys.
No signature for you!

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:26 am

Logg wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 pm
I don't know if anyone's conflated it with 1930s Germany, but there are comparisons to North Korea, Russia, etc. It's banana republic stuff, which is par for the course with Trump. We should be offended by it and opposed to it, not dismissive of it.
Certainly tin pot. But we're on what? Almost year three of this stuff since the campaign trail. I simply can't get my blood pressure up on a daily basis for every tweet he puts out. At this point I'm going with "big hat, no cattle" until proven otherwise.
Hi eric!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 am

Man, I really hope this happens. The military doing dog tricks for the Don while shutting down DC so the tanks have a straight shot would be precious.

Is Bob Hope still alive?

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:06 am

I haven't really seen people getting their blood pressure up about this stuff for quite some time. Mostly it's laughing at him or eye rolling in sort of an incredulous "I can't believe he's done/said this" way.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 am

I have no idea of the credibility of the Military Times, but its poll showed that 89% of its readers think the parade would be a waste of time and money.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... no-parade/

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:04 am

NoGs -- Welp, then you're Team Cap on the eyeroll.

Incognita apparently has some clairvoyance that he's definitely going to nuke North Korea or Berkeley in the next couple weeks.

Logg thinks I'm too dismissive of his military parade. (FYI: I think he should personally coordinate them monthly as a distraction from any real work)

J Edgar demands we have a riveting debate of Trump=Hitler. Bit of low hanging fruit on that one.

eric84 is just doing eric84 things.

I'd say there's a bit o' blood pressure.
Hi eric!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:33 pm

They still don't understand what hit them.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 am
jedgarandclyde wrote:
Fascinating.
There's a big difference between speeches that were inspirational and those that are full of boasting and name-calling.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Capitolhill wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:26 am
Logg wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 pm
Certainly tin pot. But we're on what? Almost year three of this stuff since the campaign trail. I simply can't get my blood pressure up on a daily basis for every tweet he puts out. At this point I'm going with "big hat, no cattle" until proven otherwise.
Nor can I get exercised over every, or any, tweet. If you're saying that the parade was never more than a Trump brain fart that got spun into a 'breaking news' story because CNN needed something to talk about that day, and that it was therefore foolish to let it move the personal outrage needle, then you were correct. We shouldn't hop up and down over every tweet, or let the media goad us into doing so.

But the idea of this kind of military parade is annoying to me. I wouldn't feel right saying 'go ahead, have fun! I'll be at the beach' in this case.

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Logg wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Nor can I get exercised over every, or any, tweet. If you're saying that the parade was never more than a Trump brain fart that got spun into a 'breaking news' story because CNN needed something to talk about that day, and that it was therefore foolish to let it move the personal outrage needle, then you were correct. We shouldn't hop up and down over every tweet, or let the media goad us into doing so.

But the idea of this kind of military parade is annoying to me. I wouldn't feel right saying 'go ahead, have fun! I'll be at the beach' in this case.
My family members/co-workers/this board frequently hang on every word this guy says like its the end of days. We're in total agreement except for the beach part.

Hit the beach until there is a real alarm bell.
Hi eric!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm

NorthAmerican wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
jedgarandclyde wrote:
Fascinating.
There's a big difference between speeches that were inspirational and those that are full of boasting and name-calling.
Were you inspired when he boastfully called half the country names by mocking their guns and religion? But only when he didn't think he was being recorded?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm
NorthAmerican wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Lost Soul wrote:
Fascinating.
Were you inspired when he boastfully called half the country names by mocking their guns and religion? But only when he didn't think he was being recorded?
Only once? The good old days. He probably didn’t say “very very” anywhere in there either.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm

LS, if you are trying to come up with an example of a speech by Obama that was not inspiring, the first requirement is to come up with an example of a speech.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm with Logg and Cap's last posts.

But it's pretty telling that the best defense for half of what Trump says as POTUS is "he's a genius for manipulating people to vocally disagree with shitty ideas". He's the fucking president. People are gonna talk about the stuff he says. That they do is hardly evidence of his puppet-mastery over the liberals.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Good to see you posting here after a LONG time. Sounds like you’ve got some catching up to do...
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Anyway, this is all a smokescreen to justify Trump’s upcoming May visit to Moscow: “it’s just a recce trip, I want to see how the masters handle it so we can do one more bigly”...
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 pm

thegreenlantern wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pm
I'm with Logg and Cap's last posts.

But it's pretty telling that the best defense for half of what Trump says as POTUS is "he's a genius for manipulating people to vocally disagree with shitty ideas". He's the fucking president. People are gonna talk about the stuff he says. That they do is hardly evidence of his puppet-mastery over the liberals.
Thank you. Someone mentioned alarms sounding. They're sounding now, generals are telling the troops to prepare for war, we have an authoritarian president being cheered on by Congress and those support him, his appointees are gutting the departments they oversee, they just passed a tax cut that massively adds to the debt... and this country is more divided than I've ever seen it. IMO, the time to act is now before a crisis happens and it's too late.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm
LS, if you are trying to come up with an example of a speech by Obama that was not inspiring, the first requirement is to come up with an example of a speech.
I was focusing on the name-calling. The inspiration was conditional, thus the question mark for NA.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 pm

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The Pentagon has turned down Donald J. Trump’s request for a grand military parade in Washington, D.C., citing a sudden outbreak of bone spurs that would prevent men and women in uniform from participating.
Harland Dorrinson, a Pentagon spokesman, said that, within an hour of Trump’s request, more than a hundred thousand military personnel complained that they were suffering from acute cases of bone spurs that would make marching in such a parade a painful ordeal.
“In the history of the U.S. military, we have never experienced a bone-spur epidemic of this magnitude,” the spokesman said. “Regrettably, however, we have no choice but to issue thousands of deferments.”
A statement from the bone-spur sufferers said that they would continue to valiantly serve their country around the world in a non-marching capacity, and offered an alternative to their participation in Trump’s proposed pageant.
“President Trump is welcome to march in the parade all by himself if he would finally like to enlist,” the statement read.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

thegreenlantern
Stew Ingredient

Post by thegreenlantern » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm

"They're sounding now, generals are telling the troops to prepare for war, we have an authoritarian president being cheered on by Congress and those support him, his appointees are gutting the departments they oversee, they just passed a tax cut that massively adds to the debt... and this country is more divided than I've ever seen it."

Yeah, I think the best articulation of the opposite argument to Cap is "look, the guy is checking off a laundry list of quasi-authoritarian, but not individually threatening actions, then winking to his fans and claiming that he's just trolling; seems like a pretty effective way to erode trust in democratic institutions among the crowd whose policy aims are just 'liberal tears' ".

Call press “enemy of the people”, scapegoat minorities, call to jail political opponents, fire people investigating you and politicize law enforcement, lie in service of your cult of personality (especially about negative polls, while promoting the good ones), demand a military parade, appoint unqualified family members and business partners to high positions, encourage violence at rallies, pardon political loyalists, use your office to promote your family business (which you refused to divest from), call for loyalty pledges from public officials, praise despots in other countries and attack judges that block your agenda, offer a podium to virulent nationalists ... and all of it "trolling"? Okay.

I might agree that going all chicken little for every one of these things plays into Trump's hand, but who is responsible for herding the millions of liberal cats with the right and passion to criticize Trump? The difference between Trump and past Presidents isn't that past Presidents got to pass policies without anyone complaining, it's that they resisted the urge to point out the critics every single time they moved. It used to be part of the job to accept opposition with grace.

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 pm

omeone mentioned alarms sounding. They're sounding now, generals are telling the troops to prepare for war, we have an authoritarian president being cheered on by Congress and those support him, his appointees are gutting the departments they oversee, they just passed a tax cut that massively adds to the debt...
During my lifetime, you could pull any Republican President’s name out of a hat and basically say the same thing.

“This country’s never been more divided”.

Literally been said during every president’s tenure over the past 20 years.
Hi eric!

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 pm

Trumpiedoodle is a bit different
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Capitolhill
Stew Ingredient

Post by Capitolhill » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 am

Things were so much better back in the 00’s.

Two decade-long Middle East boondoggles, The Great Recession, scaremongering color coded terrorist charts, Katrina, PATRIOT Act, and a couple of towers in lower Manhattan.

Most importantly, some weirdo named Richard Reid tried to light his Reeboks on fire, and we forever have to take off our shoes to get on a plane? Thanks Dubya.

But this Trump twitter account, man...
Hi eric!

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 am

Look, things weren't great, there are no 'good old days', but I've been watching politics since the 70's, and I've never seen an administration (and congress, for that matter) actively try to undermine the intelligence agencies. Or have an office dedicated to finding ways to suppress the vote (since disbanded). And then there is the racism, mysogyny and xenophobia. Those may not be new, but it's been a long time since we've had an admin that so actively pointed at the 'other' as the source of our problems. When's the last time so many white supremacist groups endorsed a president? When's the last time we had someone so ignorant about why it isn't a good idea to actually use nukes, they are in place as a deterrent? This is about much more than tweets.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I've mentioned before that whether we criticize or laugh at the President's tweets doesn't matter to his army of supporters. Those particular Americans are receiving daily e-mails from Trump-authorized Web sites; I see them because one of my e-mail addresses is similar to that of my ultraconservative brother. One of the most recent e-mails reports the findings of a Trump-sponsored poll that shows Americans' overwhelming support of the President's position on immigration while excoriating Chuck and Nancy "and other OBSTRUCTIONISTS" for their stance in support of "illegal immigrant criminals". The other offers a chance for you to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Palm Beach to join the President for dinner and have your photo taken with him. Both ask for your financial support; the Donate Now button will accept contributions of as little as one dollar.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm

I agree with Capitol Hill that GW Bush was terrible.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 am

thegreenlantern wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm
"They're sounding now, generals are telling the troops to prepare for war, we have an authoritarian president being cheered on by Congress and those support him, his appointees are gutting the departments they oversee, they just passed a tax cut that massively adds to the debt... and this country is more divided than I've ever seen it."

Yeah, I think the best articulation of the opposite argument to Cap is "look, the guy is checking off a laundry list of quasi-authoritarian, but not individually threatening actions, then winking to his fans and claiming that he's just trolling; seems like a pretty effective way to erode trust in democratic institutions among the crowd whose policy aims are just 'liberal tears' ".

Call press “enemy of the people”, scapegoat minorities, call to jail political opponents, fire people investigating you and politicize law enforcement, lie in service of your cult of personality (especially about negative polls, while promoting the good ones), demand a military parade, appoint unqualified family members and business partners to high positions, encourage violence at rallies, pardon political loyalists, use your office to promote your family business (which you refused to divest from), call for loyalty pledges from public officials, praise despots in other countries and attack judges that block your agenda, offer a podium to virulent nationalists ... and all of it "trolling"? Okay.

I might agree that going all chicken little for every one of these things plays into Trump's hand, but who is responsible for herding the millions of liberal cats with the right and passion to criticize Trump? The difference between Trump and past Presidents isn't that past Presidents got to pass policies without anyone complaining, it's that they resisted the urge to point out the critics every single time they moved. It used to be part of the job to accept opposition with grace.
good post. i agree that this Presidency is not just another trashing of policies, as horrible as that has been at times -- (and god knows Bushco did enough of that). this President is succeeding in trashing the office itself -- and Trump's inability to accept criticism and anything less than unquestioning adulation is just one part of his errant belief that he is even bigger than the Presidency.
"the rise of Kim Crow"