Lavite

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks for that. What I actually know about Lavite is close to zero. I'm not even sure about him living in Alabama.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13959
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 pm

I thought you was all bros-before-hoes besties and shit.

Anyway, frail flower OTB is on another thread, boasting about he owns three properties.

Shall I go over and apologize for bollocking his bulge?

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 52741
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by eric84 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Boy, he kicked foghorn leghorn to the curb pretty fast.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 pm

I don't know Lavite from the hole in my ass is kicking him -how?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13959
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm

BeatRaven wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 pm
I don't know Lavite from the hole in my ass is kicking him -how?
Not sure myself.

Would seem the most natural mistake to make.

User avatar
ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:51 am

Re: Lavite

Post by ben_hanscombe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Hard to fault BulletPark for taking the piss out of OneBall’s salary. If the guy who made the ‘Piel!’ mistake had never claimed to be good at Spanish, no-one would have cared.
Born a worm, spins a coccoon
Goes to sleep, wakes up a butterfly
What the fuck is that about?

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13683
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by DCComic » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm

ben_hanscombe wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm
If the guy who made the ‘Piel!’ mistake had never claimed to be good at Spanish, no-one would have cared.
Did he though?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

http://www.officialmikepence.com

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25271
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by cowtown » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Didn’t know Argon fled South Africa, thought he was English

Also didn’t know Oneball only made 50K, stunning in the context of his boasting

Lavite is interesting but far less interesting that he was. He used to be far more liberal and egalitarian with a few Southern trappings that he didn’t really see. He morphed into an angry Trump victim blaming others to justify his ugly views. Something happened to force a change either on or off the board, or perhaps it was just personal development (radicalized and pilled). He use be nicer, would share personal info and was far more reasonable

My guess, he got tired of being called on his Southern Trappings and went full KKK or he realized all the American anti-Semites were on the Right and went to join them

I liked the old Lavite, the new one is a nasty piece of shit
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10029
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Logg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am

BulletPark wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm
BeatRaven wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 pm
If a Richie Rich asshole like you is dissing hard working people doing something useful (unlike us), that's fucked up, pure and simple.

Didn't Mama teach you that in between polo lessons?

Poorer people are above me in this world. Aint no other decent way for affluent people to think -partic. pretend-liberal ones.
Oh. Pur. Lease.

OTB talked like he was cracking the Forbes Fucking 500 and rubbed it in several faces board-wide. There was so much ego in his wallet there was barely room for the organ donor card. When he finally whipped out his salary - which he did with the awesome majesty of Moses bringing down a leftover Commandment - I thought a little reminder than 50K, while perfectly respectable pay for work done, was hardly the Solow Foundation.
Still, a guy who earns 'only' $50,000/yr, anybody who punches a clock for any wage in fact, is a much more honorable person than someone who earns nothing but the allowance he's given. I would think you would tone down your snobbishness based on that, but come to think of it, your snobbishness is pretty much your schtick in any post, isn't it?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 53686
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Lavite

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 am

$50k/yr is a princely sum in every shithole on earth.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13959
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BulletPark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 am

Logg wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am
BulletPark wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Oh. Pur. Lease.

OTB talked like he was cracking the Forbes Fucking 500 and rubbed it in several faces board-wide. There was so much ego in his wallet there was barely room for the organ donor card. When he finally whipped out his salary - which he did with the awesome majesty of Moses bringing down a leftover Commandment - I thought a little reminder than 50K, while perfectly respectable pay for work done, was hardly the Solow Foundation.
Still, a guy who earns 'only' $50,000/yr, anybody who punches a clock for any wage in fact, is a much more honorable person than someone who earns nothing but the allowance he's given. I would think you would tone down your snobbishness based on that, but come to think of it, your snobbishness is pretty much your schtick in any post, isn't it?
To borrow a phrase from Moff Tarkin, I grow tired of saying this, so this will be the last time, and I will simply bookmark this post for the more concrete-brained among you.

I have a job.

I have had a job for all 20 years of my adult life. I recently left a job where I worked for nearly 12 years to start my own venture.

For that 20 years I drew a salary and I lived off it. It is true that I have certain other tangible assets that are principal. I do not live off them, or the dividends, which are managed in a family trust.

I was very good at my job, which was not "art museum curator" - although HaveNoBalls seems to think that isn't actually work.

I worked for a consulting agency with a focus on the non-profit arts that does development and board management, exhibitions controls, public and corporate advisory and - yes - educational programming.

In fact, I'd say I've probably taught as many classes as HaveNoBalls has.

Yeah, my family money paid for school. It didn't get me the A average I managed or the honors in my major or the references from my professors that helped get me my job.

Now I know that HaveNoBalls (as do other crots on this board) thinks art is for fags. There is nothing on his walls but some food. But, believe it or not, art is not just, in my opinion, a very significant educational tool and fascinating historic artifact. It is an asset class that trades at a far higher rate than, oh, I don't know, real estate in Sydney, Australia. Would you like to guess what my new business venture for 2018 is?

I just got back from a long day of talking arts investment to an invite-only crowd rustled up by a real estate broker friend in a Manhattan apartment she has for sale for 31 million dollars. Yes. Three followed by one followed by million.

And, as I just got my real estate license too, guess who gets 10% of her gross commission if one of my contacts buys the place?

Here's a small hint.

It isn't HaveNoBalls.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 am

ben_hanscombe wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm
Hard to fault BulletPark for taking the piss out of OneBall’s salary. If the guy who made the ‘Piel!’ mistake had never claimed to be good at Spanish, no-one would have cared.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not sure if anyone is a native Spanish speaker here, but if there isn't, I would put up my Spanish up against anyone's here. After all, I was born in Australia but I did most of my primary school in Argentina, I still speak Spanish to my parents and I read Spanish written online newspapers every now and then.
BulletPark wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 am


To borrow a phrase from Moff Tarkin, I grow tired of saying this, so this will be the last time, and I will simply bookmark this post for the more concrete-brained among you.

I have a job.

I have had a job for all 20 years of my adult life. I recently left a job where I worked for nearly 12 years to start my own venture.

For that 20 years I drew a salary and I lived off it. It is true that I have certain other tangible assets that are principal. I do not live off them, or the dividends, which are managed in a family trust.

I was very good at my job, which was not "art museum curator" - although HaveNoBalls seems to think that isn't actually work.

I worked for a consulting agency with a focus on the non-profit arts that does development and board management, exhibitions controls, public and corporate advisory and - yes - educational programming.

In fact, I'd say I've probably taught as many classes as HaveNoBalls has.

Yeah, my family money paid for school. It didn't get me the A average I managed or the honors in my major or the references from my professors that helped get me my job.

Now I know that HaveNoBalls (as do other crots on this board) thinks art is for fags. There is nothing on his walls but some food. But, believe it or not, art is not just, in my opinion, a very significant educational tool and fascinating historic artifact. It is an asset class that trades at a far higher rate than, oh, I don't know, real estate in Sydney, Australia. Would you like to guess what my new business venture for 2018 is?

I just got back from a long day of talking arts investment to an invite-only crowd rustled up by a real estate broker friend in a Manhattan apartment she has for sale for 31 million dollars. Yes. Three followed by one followed by million.

And, as I just got my real estate license too, guess who gets 10% of her gross commission if one of my contacts buys the place?

Here's a small hint.

It isn't HaveNoBalls.
Congratulations. But don't kid yourself. Anything you achieve in life is thanks to mummy dearest and your family's connections.

I don't recall bragging about owning property in Sydney. I bring it up when people whine about boomers, or housing affordability or whatever. When I wrote that if someone like me can own multiple properties and that there were no excuses for anybody else it is because I meant it and it wasn't bragging. I do not come from an over-privileged family who have given me a leg up on life. Both my parents are disabled pensioners (since I was 13-14) and they did not have much money to provide for 3 boys. I paid for university upfront by myself by working (since I was 10) and if I do mention I have property it is because it is a point of pride and at times it irks me when I read people who claim to be making $20,000 a month yet whine about how hard it all is; or spoiled rich wankers who haven't earned what they have but yet like to lord it over others.

Anyway, I did not become an accredited teacher in Australia for the money, I did it because I wanted to come back here to teach and live, as I didn't want to raise my kids in China (for various reasons). I flirted with the idea of going to Japan and work at international schools there (as Godj could attest), but then I changed my mind, mainly because it is time to settle down in one place for the kids' sake.

If I was motivated by money I would have stayed in China. I could have stayed running my schools (and not have sold them) and be doing very well there. I am actually about to turn down a job as a kindergarten principal in Shanghai that pays around $AUD200,000 (before tax) per year. I know, $200,000 is nothing for a high-roller such as yourself (THANKS MUMMY!) or Felix, but it's a lot of money for most people and had me reconsidering things.

Anyways, $50,000 is the starting salary for 1st year teachers here, but I back myself in progressing quickly. One of my properties is fully paid up and the other two are covered by the rent received, so I make do quite well with my salary and with the wife working part-time. I am not a big spender and lack for nothing. In a couple more years when I am more settled here, I plan on investing in more property.

If you think that this is is bragging, go fuck yourself.

ETA: As for the arts; I am no expert but the Dali museum in Gironas was one of the coolest things I have visited in my travels. Just because you try ever so hard to fit into some shitty rich, gay artsy, snarky male Sex in the City caricature, it doesn't mean others are quite so easily stereotyped. Not all of us are as superficial and vapid as you.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13959
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BulletPark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 am

To clarify, the crack against Piel refers to another poster entirely. I have no doubt and I think no one else does that you can speak Spanish fluently.

As for the rest of it - hey, good for you! The progress you've limned hasn't been easy and it couldn't come without a lot of work. You've made some life decisions that seem to be working out for you regarding both your career and your commitment to your wife and kids and I have full respect for that. Good luck with the real estate portfolio and hope it prospers. Plus you're not whining anymore about how many cute chicks want to suck your dick, which, believe it or not, can also be a little bit grating.

But really, bitch, please...about Mummy. Mummy - and Daddy -made it very clear to me - and my sisters - that they would not remove one single finger from the tonic water bottle to help us once they were done with crowbarring us into the Ivy League. I am very proud of my career network and accomplishments and they came because of decades of investment into my career field. And if you don't believe that, fuck you right back.

Further, deponent sayeth not.

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10029
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Logg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 am

BulletPark wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 am
Logg wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am
BulletPark wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Oh. Pur. Lease.

OTB talked like he was cracking the Forbes Fucking 500 and rubbed it in several faces board-wide. There was so much ego in his wallet there was barely room for the organ donor card. When he finally whipped out his salary - which he did with the awesome majesty of Moses bringing down a leftover Commandment - I thought a little reminder than 50K, while perfectly respectable pay for work done, was hardly the Solow Foundation.
Still, a guy who earns 'only' $50,000/yr, anybody who punches a clock for any wage in fact, is a much more honorable person than someone who earns nothing but the allowance he's given. I would think you would tone down your snobbishness based on that, but come to think of it, your snobbishness is pretty much your schtick in any post, isn't it?
To borrow a phrase from Moff Tarkin, I grow tired of saying this, so this will be the last time, and I will simply bookmark this post for the more concrete-brained among you.

I have a job.

I have had a job for all 20 years of my adult life. I recently left a job where I worked for nearly 12 years to start my own venture.

For that 20 years I drew a salary and I lived off it. It is true that I have certain other tangible assets that are principal. I do not live off them, or the dividends, which are managed in a family trust.

I was very good at my job, which was not "art museum curator" - although HaveNoBalls seems to think that isn't actually work.

I worked for a consulting agency with a focus on the non-profit arts that does development and board management, exhibitions controls, public and corporate advisory and - yes - educational programming.

In fact, I'd say I've probably taught as many classes as HaveNoBalls has.

Yeah, my family money paid for school. It didn't get me the A average I managed or the honors in my major or the references from my professors that helped get me my job.

Now I know that HaveNoBalls (as do other crots on this board) thinks art is for fags. There is nothing on his walls but some food. But, believe it or not, art is not just, in my opinion, a very significant educational tool and fascinating historic artifact. It is an asset class that trades at a far higher rate than, oh, I don't know, real estate in Sydney, Australia. Would you like to guess what my new business venture for 2018 is?

I just got back from a long day of talking arts investment to an invite-only crowd rustled up by a real estate broker friend in a Manhattan apartment she has for sale for 31 million dollars. Yes. Three followed by one followed by million.

And, as I just got my real estate license too, guess who gets 10% of her gross commission if one of my contacts buys the place?

Here's a small hint.

It isn't HaveNoBalls.
Tiffany Trump has a big girl job, too.

I don't think you're winning any hearts or minds here.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13959
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BulletPark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am

You implied I lived off an allowance.

I corrected your assumption.

You may keep your heart and your mind.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59425
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by polardude1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Well getting back to Lavite, he loved to insult his opponents up but obviously cannot stand getting a taste of his own medicine,. When you support an alleged pedophile candidate , you deserve ridicule
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm more interested in the hilarious two faced-ness of who can be insulted over their teacher income freely here and who's off limits (like all of the female teachers).

Who can say what to whom and who can't amuses me as a general life topic.

Basically, it boils down to the very low level of insult game here. That's why you get these desperate monkey shit flings like "you're poor, you're old".

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59425
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by polardude1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm

you're old".
Oh I've gotten that one plenty of times including from the ex-mod for life
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24355
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:24 pm

£50k? That’s follow your dreams money if you’re good at it. As in: it’s not the professions and it’s not big money retire early but it’s doing what you like. I’d always recommend that people follow their dreams.

If you’re good at it you can live OK, but if your dream is to run a kindergarten while deluding yourself that you’re the Wolf Of Wall Street then permit me to ask “what happened?”

But OneBall’s consistently presented philosophy is what they feed under-achieving lost boys to kid them they’re superior to something so where’s the harm in addressing the obvious, Beat?

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 pm

I get the old thing too, but only from the terminally outa gas.

To reduce a sputtering, impotent idiot to railing against their own actual values gladdens my troll-heart. I'm talking to you, BulletPark.

But if you diss me for being a craggy old motherfucker, than unless you're whiny hypocrite, you also have to diss North American -assuming mere old age is in fact some kind of personal defect.

And as the board's (rightful) sacred cow, that can never happen.

Chi, making fun of people's income is the odd pleasure of affluent socialists, like having committee's for useless shit and dreaming that someone like Flobster is your boss.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24355
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Is it bollocks. I find it highly amusing that OneBall - like millions of equally thick others - has signed up to the manly values of the Authoritarian Right while earning less than a skilled worker in local government. It’s the Dilbert Crisis Of Masculinity as plain as you could ever hope to illustrate it.
Last edited by Chi_Rup on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:43 pm

You're going very big picture here and I'm more about don't diss people about their station in life.

Exposes me? I said straight up 2 pages back that status-wise, I'm basically a hood ornament of life. Please, expose away.

This oughta be good.

Notice you edited out the barking mad bit about exposing me. Hey, I say stupid shit sometime too.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24355
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

The concept of a station in life is regressive and authoritarian. Anyone deserves to be happy, inventing a philosophy of superiority to get over the fact that you aren’t is intrinsically funny: it’s the angry park attendant, the frustrated under-achiever, the dreamer of small dreams.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 pm

It's an off the top of my head figure of speech, not a downstairs/upstairs credo.

If the park attendant aint happy with his rake thing, I'm not really going to get emotionally involved because I have shit to do, but I am going to give him the exact same respect I'd give an art curator or whatever incomprehensible job BulletPark no doubt worthily does.

And I'm going to be grateful for his rake efforts -and forgiving when they're a bit shit.

Your way just seems way too complicated.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11409
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Quality strife. Well done.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Chi

Your posts above are a perfect illustration of how muddled your brain is.

Just like other posters here, you do not think, you do not take each issue on its own merit, and you do not critically analyse them. You have picked your "team" and you will cheer/play for your team without question. Identity politics at its finest.

You have no idea of my politics, although I admit I may come across here as leaning towards the right, but that's because the posters here who lean towards the left have lost the plot, and could not debate their POV if their lives depended on it. I lean towards the left on a lot of issues.

As for frustrated? I think you are projecting there. I have written above that I am proud of what I have done so far with my life, not many people could open, run and then sell a business in a completely alien country like I have, for example, but while I am proud, I am not satisfied. I am still driven to achieve more. You, on the other hand, come across as unhappy and bitter. Your unhappiness, your bitterness and your frustration are of your own making, and only you can do something about them. Accept some responsibility and take ownership of your own life. That's my tip of the day

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 pm

As for BP,

Lets hug it out, bitch

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Who among us is not frustrated? That's the weakest diss ever.

Maybe I can teach a class here or something.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 pm

It is a weak diss

Just like every other emotion, everyone experiences moments of frustration, problems arise when a person constantly feels these negative emotions, and I don't know how I could have ever given the impression that I am frustrated.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm

If frustration is a crime, I should be on death row.

But we're talking sexual frustration, and nothing recent, OK?

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 pm

OnTheBall wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm
Chi

Your posts above are a perfect illustration of how muddled your brain is.

Just like other posters here, you do not think, you do not take each issue on its own merit, and you do not critically analyse them. You have picked your "team" and you will cheer/play for your team without question. Identity politics at its finest.

You have no idea of my politics, although I admit I may come across here as leaning towards the right, but that's because the posters here who lean towards the left have lost the plot, and could not debate their POV if their lives depended on it. I lean towards the left on a lot of issues.

As for frustrated? I think you are projecting there. I have written above that I am proud of what I have done so far with my life, not many people could open, run and then sell a business in a completely alien country like I have, for example, but while I am proud, I am not satisfied. I am still driven to achieve more. You, on the other hand, come across as unhappy and bitter. Your unhappiness, your bitterness and your frustration are of your own making, and only you can do something about them. Accept some responsibility and take ownership of your own life. That's my tip of the day
Not much of this isn’t bollocks
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

I don't care to, but feel free to do a search for past posts of his. You will see him having a go at me for being on the "wrong team" (he actually says "team").

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 pm

If you’re talking of anti-trump then that’s just a question of common decency.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Like I have written above, I look at each issue on its own merit and formulate an opinion based on that, whether it is "anti-Trump" or pro-Trump.

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by shunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

I’ll admit I can’t think offhand of anything pro-trump I could truck with
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

flojin
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7296
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:38 am

Re: Lavite

Post by flojin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Getting back to Lavite, I agree with Cowtown.

I used to like Lavite. He was polite, sensible, and funny. Then Trump came along and, like many others, Lavite just went for it.

There's an old story about, a guy says, "I have two dogs inside me that are always competing: a mean nasty one and a nice loving one." The other guy says, "Which one wins?"

"Whichever one I throw a steak."

It seems like Trump gave half the country permission to feed the wrong dog and they just went for it. Folks like Lavite who went from being a decent guy overall to being a nasty piece of work.

As for OTB, I have to say, he did brag a lot. I thought he was a captain of industry or something. I can't really talk. Last year I made ZERO, trying to sell TV shows. I got into some rooms with the right people, but it was swing and miss over and over. I finally just took a job at the world's largest financial firm as a writer and I'm making about as good money as I can, which is a relief. But I'm a contractor so it could vanish at any time.

I still have pitches out there and one is looking promising, but it's such a long shot. I'm at work giving up the dream and figuring out plan B. The good news is that I've had to support myself my whole life while pursuing my dream, so I have a skill as a copywriter and content strategist at least. But I still want to sell that novel and sell that TV show!

Ah, well.
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10029
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Logg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 pm

BulletPark wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am
You implied I lived off an allowance.

I corrected your assumption.

You may keep your heart and your mind.
The Trump kids have jobs, too. Even the dumb ones.

Earning $50,000/yr at a real job is not the same as getting 10% of someone else's cut of 31 million dollars simply because of your contact list and your 'hard work' of getting a real estate license at age 40.

There are people who get their real estate license in middle age and then go out and pound the pavement and get five-figure commissions and part of them is still amazed that they can earn in one sale what would have taken their parents months to earn. And then there's what you aspire to do, which sounds more like the Manaforts and the Trumps.

But actually sneering at the little people who have a more hand to mouth perspective on a good income is more of a Spaulding Smails move.

(Sorry for taking the thread away from lavite.)

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Hope you find some success, Flo. It aint easy, but a show biz home run is the the ultimate ego/$$$ grail.

Not that I would know in any shape, way or form. I got crushed. Like, multiple times.

Lavite-wise, I barely read him. It was the civil war history snore-arama stuff, rather than the ideology.

Relatedly, how come Elvis could fuck under age Priscilla and actually move her into Graceland, and Jerry Lee Lewis was ruined for MARRYING his young cousin? How come Polanski could fuck a 13 year old ass and get a standing O at the oscars?

Just trying to keep this mess going.
Last edited by BeatRaven on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23284
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Lavite

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

OnTheBall wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 pm
It is a weak diss

Just like every other emotion, everyone experiences moments of frustration, problems arise when a person constantly feels these negative emotions, and I don't know how I could have ever given the impression that I am frustrated.
I'm hungry and my balls (plural) itch.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Crabs?

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23284
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Lavite

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Maybe just crab.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Well, I think you were talking about Baltimore crab cakes in some other thread, however I don't think these are the crab/s you were referring to. There are lotions for your problem.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 pm

.....And how many 13 year old girls are into anal?

If I were to meet Roman Polanski, that would be the first question out my mouth.

Who knows? Maybe in Poland, it's ass-central. Maybe Vron will weigh in.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11409
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Moethebartender » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:36 pm

BeatRaven wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Relatedly, how come Elvis could fuck under age Priscilla and actually move her into Graceland, and Jerry Lee Lewis was ruined for MARRYING his young cousin? How come Polanski could fuck a 13 year old ass and get a standing O at the oscars?

Just trying to keep this mess going.
Didn't Lewis kill at least one of his wives? I ran into a guy in a dive bar here that claimed to be the brother of the one that he allegedly killed. He was pissed that I played one of his songs on the jukebox. He had an interesting story, anyway.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Beat, it's the nauseating trend (maybe not a trend, maybe it's something that's always been there) of turning a blind eye to things people on your "team" do, while criticising everything people on the other side.

It's partisanship and it breeds corruption.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10996
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 pm

I think if you marry Jerry Lee, you prob. can't get life insurance anymore.

I saw him in BlackPool. He flew in next to the pier on his private plane while the band was doing the intro. Show biz gold.

OTB, it aint personal. Leave the hive minds to their stupid hive.

User avatar
rider5
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17934
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by rider5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 pm

flojin wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Getting back to Lavite, I agree with Cowtown.

I used to like Lavite. He was polite, sensible, and funny. Then Trump came along and, like many others, Lavite just went for it.

There's an old story about, a guy says, "I have two dogs inside me that are always competing: a mean nasty one and a nice loving one." The other guy says, "Which one wins?"

"Whichever one I throw a steak."

It seems like Trump gave half the country permission to feed the wrong dog and they just went for it. Folks like Lavite who went from being a decent guy overall to being a nasty piece of work.
I'll third this. I was kind of sad to see Lavite go south so completely.

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10029
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Lavite

Post by Logg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 pm

flojin wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Getting back to Lavite, I agree with Cowtown.

I used to like Lavite. He was polite, sensible, and funny. Then Trump came along and, like many others, Lavite just went for it.

There's an old story about, a guy says, "I have two dogs inside me that are always competing: a mean nasty one and a nice loving one." The other guy says, "Which one wins?"

"Whichever one I throw a steak."

It seems like Trump gave half the country permission to feed the wrong dog and they just went for it. Folks like Lavite who went from being a decent guy overall to being a nasty piece of work.

As for OTB, I have to say, he did brag a lot. I thought he was a captain of industry or something. I can't really talk. Last year I made ZERO, trying to sell TV shows. I got into some rooms with the right people, but it was swing and miss over and over. I finally just took a job at the world's largest financial firm as a writer and I'm making about as good money as I can, which is a relief. But I'm a contractor so it could vanish at any time.

I still have pitches out there and one is looking promising, but it's such a long shot. I'm at work giving up the dream and figuring out plan B. The good news is that I've had to support myself my whole life while pursuing my dream, so I have a skill as a copywriter and content strategist at least. But I still want to sell that novel and sell that TV show!

Ah, well.
Thanks for this post, flojin. It was interesting on both topics.

A full-time contracted copywriting gig while it lasts sounds pretty good to someone like me, who only ever gets part-time freelance gigs while they last.

It's interesting to track my high school acquaintances who are now making inroads into Hollywood. The biggest asshole in my class is now a successful agent/attorney and aspiring producer of reality TV. Another guy is now a director of one of the successful action film franchises, and another guy is climbing up the ladder of TV directing and producing and is now the show runner of a highly acclaimed streaming TV series. Both of them are nice guys, and I'm sure the action film director imagined himself making a different kind of movie, but a gig's a gig. And both of them relied on connections (and maybe a little nepotism) to get the ball rolling....the followthrough was all them, though.
A few women I grew up with are costume designers and production people. It's interesting that in Hollywood the women behind the camera are often as beautiful as the women in front of the camera. And legitimately smart, too. They must know that the real job security and opportunities are behind the camera.

If you're ever in Frisco we should do lunch.

OnTheBall
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5527
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Lavite

Post by OnTheBall » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 pm

BeatRaven wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 pm
I think if you marry Jerry Lee, you prob. can't get life insurance anymore.

I saw him in BlackPool. He flew in next to the pier on his private plane while the band was doing the intro. Show biz gold.

OTB, it aint personal. Leave the hive minds to their stupid hive.
I gladly would, the problem is one just can't. Hive mentality leads to political correctness (something that was a positive in its beginning but has been grotesquely corrupted) and it permeates everywhere.

flojin
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7296
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:38 am

Re: Lavite

Post by flojin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 am

Logg wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 pm
If you're ever in Frisco we should do lunch.
I'd love to. You're one of my favorites, even if you like to bust my balls sometimes. :)

Same if you're ever NYC, I've got some great spots to eat I'd love to show you.

I always wanted to meet Bulletpark too, but I think I scare him.
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

Post Reply