eric84

Re: President Zoolander

Post by eric84 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Smoker wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am
eric84 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm
An argument for what?
An argument against family political dynasties in a modern democracy where Canada ends up with a PM with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM especially considering what his father accomplished.

I can live with the neighbor being so stupid with their Kennedy/Bush/Clinton family political dynasties but when Canada does the same it is pathetic and embarrassing for us.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
I keep wondering when you're gonna tell me what the ideal resume is for a PM. I gave you Harper and Sheer's resume as a point of reference. Neither of them were all that great, mediocre even. Turns out Harper was pretty good at politics and had a good, long run as PM.

C'mon, Smoker, tell us.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

eric84 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Smoker wrote:
eric84 wrote:
An argument for what?
An argument against family political dynasties in a modern democracy where Canada ends up with a PM with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM especially considering what his father accomplished.

I can live with the neighbor being so stupid with their Kennedy/Bush/Clinton family political dynasties but when Canada does the same it is pathetic and embarrassing for us.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
I keep wondering when you're gonna tell me what the ideal resume is for a PM. I gave you Harper and Sheer's resume as a point of reference. Neither of them were all that great, mediocre even. Turns out Harper was pretty good at politics and had a good, long run as PM.

C'mon, Smoker, tell us.
Someone who is a jeanus like him - an arrogant know it all full of his own self importance that is deluded into thinking 'proprietary trading' is important work, pat of the real world and that anyone gives a shit about.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 am

eric84 wrote:
Smoker wrote:
eric84 wrote:
An argument for what?
An argument against family political dynasties in a modern democracy where Canada ends up with a PM with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM especially considering what his father accomplished. I can live with the neighbor being so stupid with their Kennedy/Bush/Clinton family political dynasties but when Canada does the same it is pathetic and embarrassing for us.
I keep wondering when you're gonna tell me what the ideal resume is for a PM. I gave you Harper and Sheer's resume as a point of reference. Neither of them were all that great, mediocre even. Turns out Harper was pretty good at politics and had a good, long run as PM. C'mon, Smoker, tell us.
Excellent! So your partisan puppet argument is now reduced to doing your VinnyD impression of "willfully obtuse" while you once again reduced to trying to deflect to the other team's Stephen Harper.

Do your own homework and tell us all why your team's Justin Trudeau with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM (especially considering what his father accomplished) is such a freaking brilliant choice as a candidate and now PM?

And eric84 if you want some place to start regarding a reasonable PM candidate verses Justin Trudeau then do your own homework and compare Pierre Trudeau's resume with his lightweight son; say at the point they both became leaders of the Liberal Party.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
ben_hanscombe wrote:You're such a fucking cunt, Smoker. A really revolting piece of shit.

VinnyD wrote:She was over nine, she was a very mature nine-year-old

Godjira wrote:You're a filthy, vile idiot.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 am

coffeeguy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm
Someone who is a jeanus like him - an arrogant know it all full of his own self importance that is deluded into thinking 'proprietary trading' is important work, pat of the real world and that anyone gives a shit about.
Excellent! Once again proof of the debate slam dunk where poor old coffeeguy doesn’t have any argument or counterpoint but is reduced to nothing but his standard ad hominem attack!

Gee coffeeguy the partisan puppet why don’t you tell us all why your team's Justin Trudeau with his mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM (especially considering what his father accomplished) was such a freaking brilliant choice as a liberal party candidate and now PM?

Warmest Regards, Smoker
ben_hanscombe wrote:You're such a fucking cunt, Smoker. A really revolting piece of shit.

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Smoker wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 am
coffeeguy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm
Excellent! Once again proof of the debate slam dunk where poor old coffeeguy doesn’t have any argument or counterpoint but is reduced to nothing but his standard ad hominem attack!

Gee coffeeguy the partisan puppet why don’t you tell us all why your team's Justin Trudeau with his mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM (especially considering what his father accomplished) was such a freaking brilliant choice as a liberal party candidate and now PM?

Warmest Regards, Smoker
I don't think he's a brilliant choice. But I understand why he's a winner. And why you are a loser. I've tried to explain how basic politics works, but I've come to the understand that even that is well beyond who has spent his entire life behind a computer screen clueless on how things work in the real world and what is important in the game of politics

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Smoker wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 am
eric84 wrote:
Smoker wrote:
An argument against family political dynasties in a modern democracy where Canada ends up with a PM with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM especially considering what his father accomplished. I can live with the neighbor being so stupid with their Kennedy/Bush/Clinton family political dynasties but when Canada does the same it is pathetic and embarrassing for us.
I keep wondering when you're gonna tell me what the ideal resume is for a PM. I gave you Harper and Sheer's resume as a point of reference. Neither of them were all that great, mediocre even. Turns out Harper was pretty good at politics and had a good, long run as PM. C'mon, Smoker, tell us.
Excellent! So your partisan puppet argument is now reduced to doing your VinnyD impression of "willfully obtuse" while you once again reduced to trying to deflect to the other team's Stephen Harper.

Do your own homework and tell us all why your team's Justin Trudeau with a mediocre academic record, dismal work record as a Trust Fund baby and really dismal legislative record as a PM (especially considering what his father accomplished) is such a freaking brilliant choice as a candidate and now PM?

And eric84 if you want some place to start regarding a reasonable PM candidate verses Justin Trudeau then do your own homework and compare Pierre Trudeau's resume with his lightweight son; say at the point they both became leaders of the Liberal Party.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
Wow, you don't know a lot about Pierre Trudeau and what he did before he became Prime Minister, do you? He came from a wealthy family (sounds like a trust fund baby!!) and similarly bounced from job to job: edited Cite Libre, was an intellectual, a backpacking looser, got a law degree and worked a couple of years in the PCO before he became an MP and then 3 years later he was PM. Not that impressive a resume, is it? Sounds a lot like Justin....actually, you could say Justin probably had more real life experience than his dad who was more ivory tower in his upbringing.

You really don't know much about Canada, do you?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:53 am

coffeeguy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm
But I understand why he's a winner.
Because of his last name rather than his intellect or any accomplishments. It just amazes me that Canada was so freaking stupid to go the way of the states with their Kennedys/Bushs/Clintons yada yada yada.

A modern democracy choosing to behave like tribal Waziristan is freaking pathetic.

Warmest Regards, Smoker

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 am

eric84 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm
Wow, you don't know a lot about Pierre Trudeau and what he did before he became Prime Minister, do you?
Hey eric84 the moron:
Academically he isn’t even close to his father; Pierre Trudeau was Universite de Montreal, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics & Institute Politiques De Paris rather than a failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor.

I don’t agree with any of Pierre Trudeau’s political stuff other than his social stuff & Canadian human rights etc but there is no friend or enemy that doesn’t respect the guy’s brain. The Quebec separation debates where he would wipe the floor with everyone and then in the media Q & A answer all the questions in both French and English were legendary.

Just look at Justin Trudeau’s political accomplishments before becoming Prime Minister verses Pierre Trudeau:
Pierre Trudeau was selected at age 48 to succeed Lester Pearson as Liberal leader – and hence prime minister Pierre had served less than three years in Parliament. This included just over a year as Pearson’s parliamentary secretary and one year as justice minister, where he introduced landmark legislation that decriminalized gay sex, legalized contraception and abortion, and toughened gun control and drunk-driving laws.

Justin Trudeau had four-and-a-half years of parliamentary experience, but has kept a relatively low profile in the House of Commons: he has held no major critic portfolios or introduced any legislation. Instead, the party has used his charisma and drawing power as a major fundraising tool.
I already told you about Pierre Trudeau's academic background and accomplishments verses Justin Trudeau's failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor etc.

Warmest Regards, Smoker

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am

Not to mention that PIerre's father owned a bunch of gas stations. Poor bastard would be rolling in his grave now.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Smoker wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 am
eric84 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm
Wow, you don't know a lot about Pierre Trudeau and what he did before he became Prime Minister, do you?
Hey eric84 the moron:
Academically he isn’t even close to his father; Pierre Trudeau was Universite de Montreal, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics & Institute Politiques De Paris rather than a failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor.

I don’t agree with any of Pierre Trudeau’s political stuff other than his social stuff & Canadian human rights etc but there is no friend or enemy that doesn’t respect the guy’s brain. The Quebec separation debates where he would wipe the floor with everyone and then in the media Q & A answer all the questions in both French and English were legendary.

Just look at Justin Trudeau’s political accomplishments before becoming Prime Minister verses Pierre Trudeau:
Pierre Trudeau was selected at age 48 to succeed Lester Pearson as Liberal leader – and hence prime minister Pierre had served less than three years in Parliament. This included just over a year as Pearson’s parliamentary secretary and one year as justice minister, where he introduced landmark legislation that decriminalized gay sex, legalized contraception and abortion, and toughened gun control and drunk-driving laws.

Justin Trudeau had four-and-a-half years of parliamentary experience, but has kept a relatively low profile in the House of Commons: he has held no major critic portfolios or introduced any legislation. Instead, the party has used his charisma and drawing power as a major fundraising tool.
I already told you about Pierre Trudeau's academic background and accomplishments verses Justin Trudeau's failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor etc.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
Sure, he was smarter than Justin but you didn't really address my main point which was Pierre's work experience was pretty unimpressive, less impressive than Justin's who actually got real jobs unlike Pierre dilettantish behaviour. What about that, Smoker?

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 am

I hope that one of Trudeau's kids becomes PM.

I love the name of this thread. Thanks, Argo.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Misery’s gonna wait 30 yrs for that sick burn but it’ll be worth it.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm

You've just got a hair in your ass because you know that you have a dynasty.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm

As long as it’s deomcratically elected, well run and they take all of my great policy advice, why would it bother me? Would you vote for an accomplished person whoo’s terrible at governing or someone good at Govt with a modest resume? I know who I would pick.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Because you fancy that Canada is egalitarian.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 pm

It is egalitarian. Justin is the only son of a Pm to become pm so far.

Is the us or Australia different in this regard?

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 am

We're talking about Canada, not Australia or the US. And when your greatest political asset is your last name, it isn't egalitarian.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:26 am

I’m asking what the difference is? You can’t seem to identify it. Once again, you imagine he got elected because of his last name. He didn’t no matter how much you wish it to be so.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:03 am

It's his greatest political asset. It's why he was in the running in the first place.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:19 am

He wouldn’t be pm if that was his greatest asset. You would know that if you knew anything about the electoral campaign he ran. But you don’t. You’re misery.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 am

He's be a nobody if not for his name. How long before Mulroney's kid has a portfolio?

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 am

Well Mulroney's daughter is running for a seat in the upcoming Ontario Provincial Election and is running for the leadership of the Party as well. She has a degree from Harvard and has done a lot of NGO work so is smart and capable.
Everyone is a victim to a social worker.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am

sodelicious wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 am
Well Mulroney's daughter is running for a seat in the upcoming Ontario Provincial Election and is running for the leadership of the Party as well. She has a degree from Harvard and has done a lot of NGO work so is smart and capable.
Harvard and the NGO bullshit means she is a closet leftist, which is sad for Canada.

What you leftists need is some refugee from Leftardistan to govern you economically clueless clowns. Like someone from Eastern Yurp, who actually lived the dream, and found it wanting.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 pm

sodelicious wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 am
There are a lot of people who are smart and capable. Only a handful have former PMs as parents.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

And yet first son of a former pm to become pm. Dynastic politics indeed.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Oh well. Name recognition never hurts, depending what you thought of the parent. People oddly assume: Like Father Like Son.

Anyway, Trudeau isn't doing a bad job so far. He's made a lot of promises that likely will be impossible to keep but otherwise things are going fairly well in Canuckistan. It's never perfect.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 pm

eric84 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm
And yet first son of a former pm to become pm. Dynastic politics indeed.
It absolutely is.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 pm

It’s very convincing trend with exactly one example.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Mulroney is going to make the trend.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Ontario premier, dude. If she gets elected pc leader and then wins the election. How many times has she mentioned her dad in the campaign? Must be dozens.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:00 am

It doesn't matter if he's unmentioned. Elitism is largely responsibility for where she is today and will likely end up tomorrow. You aren't living in a meritocracy.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Oh I thought you said Justin ran on his dad’s name.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:13 am

I said that his name was his greatest political asset.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:14 am

Oh right you were wrong about that too.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:31 am

You just can't admit the obvious.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 am

It’s been explained to you numerous times but you choose to stupid and stubborn

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:12 am

This is like the "tastes great/ less filling debate". You've deflected. You haven't explained anything. And you are wrong, because you're stupid and stubborn.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:06 am

eric84 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 am
Sure, he was smarter than Justin but you didn't really address my main point which was Pierre's work experience was pretty unimpressive, less impressive than Justin's who actually got real jobs unlike Pierre dilettantish behaviour. What about that, Smoker?
What about it eric84 the idiot?

Are you actually going to try to argue that being an intellectual....................
From the late 1940s through the mid-1960s, Trudeau was primarily based in Montreal and was seen by many as an intellectual. In 1949 he was an active supporter of workers in the Asbestos Strike. In 1956 he edited an important book on the subject, La grève de l'amiante, which argued that the strike was a seminal event in Quebec's history, marking the beginning of resistance to the conservative, Francophone clerical establishment and Anglophone business class that had long ruled the province. Throughout the 1950s, Trudeau, as the co-founder and editor of Cité Libre, a dissident journal that helped provide the intellectual basis for the Quiet Revolution, was a leading figure in the opposition to the repressive rule of Premier of Quebec Maurice Duplessis. From 1949 to 1951 Trudeau worked in Ottawa, in the Privy Council Office of the Liberal Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent as an economic policy advisor. An associate professor of law at the Université de Montréal from 1961 to 1965, Trudeau's views evolved towards a liberal position in favour of individual rights counter to the state and made him an opponent of Quebec nationalism
......................and Law Professor isn't as impressive as Justin Trudeau's failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor resume?

But the difference between Pierre Trudeau & Justin Trudeau is most obvious even to morons like eric84 is when you compare their work track record side by side when they held the same job as MP:

This is Canada not tribal Waziristan and this example of a family political dynasty is pathetic and embarrassing for a modern democracy.

Warmest Regards, Smoker

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:15 pm

I’m loving smoker telling us that living in an ivory tower is better experience to be pm than having private sector experience.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 am

eric84 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:15 pm
I’m loving smoker telling us that living in an ivory tower is better experience to be pm than having private sector experience.
I am loving that eric84 the moron is trying to pretend Justin Trudeau being a failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor is more impressive than Pierre Trudeau being a law professor.

However the point remains when father and son held the same job the father far surpassed the son:
But the difference between Pierre Trudeau & Justin Trudeau is most obvious even to morons like eric84 is when you compare their work track record side by side when they held the same job as MP:

There is no way you can counter the above so you are left tapped out without any argument other than Justin Trudeau has better hair than his father.

Warmest Regards, Smoker

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 am

Better hair wins elections these days. But the last name Trudeau puts you in the running. Plebeians step aside.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Smoker wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 am
eric84 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:15 pm
I am loving that eric84 the moron is trying to pretend Justin Trudeau being a failed high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor is more impressive than Pierre Trudeau being a law professor.

However the point remains when father and son held the same job the father far surpassed the son:

There is no way you can counter the above so you are left tapped out without any argument other than Justin Trudeau has better hair than his father.

Warmest Regards, Smoker
Why do you say 'failed' high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor? How do you know he failed at them? Of course, Justin's party was in opposition so he didn't have the opportunity to be in gov't but he was the immigration critic for a couple of years. Justin looks a lot like his father, dabbling in several different things before getting into elected politics.

Smoker
Stew Ingredient

Post by Smoker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:59 am

eric84 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Why do you say 'failed' high school drama teacher and snowboard instructor?
Remember the interview questions for Justin Trudeau:
1. Why before graduating did you leave Engineering at École Polytechnique de Montréal? Did you flunk out?
2. Why before graduating did you leave environmental geography at McGill University? Did you flunk out?
3. After your professional acting career of playing Major Talbot Mercer Papineau in “The Great War” how is the acting gig working out?
4. Why did you leave your teaching job after less than two years?
5. Other than cashing in on your Daddy’s name in politics and cashing in your trust fund what else do you think you are good at?
eric84 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Justin looks a lot like his father
Wrong Justin Trudeau looks like he got his father's height and his mother's brains.

Justin Trudeau simply isn't in the same league as his father. Pierre Trudeau was Universite de Montreal, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics & Institute Politiques De Paris and a law professor, intellectual yada yada yada rather than a high school drama teacher.

Canada isn’t freaking Waziristan or the USA with those stupid Bush/Clinton/Kennedy family political dynasties or whatever. This phenomenon of family political dynasties holding high office in modern Western democracies is ridiculous regardless of their political party affiliations etc. It is pathetic and embarrassing to Canada when your Prime Minister’s biggest political “electability” asset is his last name.

Warmest Regards, Smoker

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm

1. Why before graduating did you leave Engineering at École Polytechnique de Montréal? Did you flunk out?
2. Why before graduating did you leave environmental geography at McGill University? Did you flunk out?
3. After your professional acting career of playing Major Talbot Mercer Papineau in “The Great War” how is the acting gig working out?
4. Why did you leave your teaching job after less than two years?
5. Other than cashing in on your Daddy’s name in politics and cashing in your trust fund what else do you think you are good at?
Let's see, my best guesses based on what we know:

1. Probably didn't enjoy it, wanted to go into the humanities
2. He went into politics, that's why. Couldn't devote the time needed to complete it
3. He had one acting gig. He dabbled in lots of stuff without committing to a single career, much like his dad
4. I guess teaching wasn't for him
5. He could probably have succeeded in lots of areas, those areas that he dabbled in but didn't fully commit to. That doesn't make him a failure.

So again, I ask, how do you know he failed at it?

Yes, Pierre was a deeper thinker more of an intellectual but does that automatically make him a poorer Prime Minister? I don't think so. Pierre wasn't much of a manager of people, was pretty arrogant and dismissive. Justin definitely has a higher emotional intelligence which counts for something in that job.
It is pathetic and embarrassing to Canada when your Prime Minister’s biggest political “electability” asset is his last name.
You clearly weren't in Canada because no one in Canada would say that Justin beat Harper because of his name. As with most aging governments, Harper defeated himself and Justin offered more compelling reason to vote for him. If he arrogantly suggested that he was entitled to be PM because of his name, he would have received the drubbing he would have richly deserved. More proof you know increasingly less about your home country with every passing day.