Post by Wellpisser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:23 am

You cunt you stole my nifty

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Flobster! » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 am
You drooling idiot. The EEA is the single market. Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein participate in the EEA via EFTA and Switzerland participates in the EEA via some 200 or do individual though cross linked treaties.

Fuck me you are thick.
Indeed, it does have treaties with the EU (lots of countries have treaties with the EU). But it is not in the EEA and trans-border freight movement is not frictionless.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:43 am

Flobster! wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 am
Wellpisser wrote:
You drooling idiot. The EEA is the single market. Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein participate in the EEA via EFTA and Switzerland participates in the EEA via some 200 or do individual though cross linked treaties.

Fuck me you are thick.
Indeed, it does have treaties with the EU (lots of countries have treaties with the EU). But it is not in the EEA and trans-border freight movement is not frictionless.
Yes it does have frictionless trade. My (and Shunters) former universities take on Switzerland as a model for the UK

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/01/2 ... ationship/

Note that Switzerland chooses to inspect some EU goods inbound but the EU does not check Swiss goods outbound. This is entirely Switzerland’s choice

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:34 am

One important drawback to adopting the Swiss model for the UK is the obligation to fulfil the fourth pillar of the single market if it still wants to be part of it – the free movement of persons. After Switzerland initially restricted freedom of movement of people, the EU immediately sanctioned it by limiting its university partnerships with the EU like HORIZON 2020. This eventually prompted Switzerland to temper the law to bring it in line with the EU legislation. This seems unacceptable from the British point of view, since one of the main driving forces for Brexit was the desire to control immigration.
From pisser’s blog.

So that’s that, then.
Next?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 pm

DCComic wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:34 am
One important drawback to adopting the Swiss model for the UK is the obligation to fulfil the fourth pillar of the single market if it still wants to be part of it – the free movement of persons. After Switzerland initially restricted freedom of movement of people, the EU immediately sanctioned it by limiting its university partnerships with the EU like HORIZON 2020. This eventually prompted Switzerland to temper the law to bring it in line with the EU legislation. This seems unacceptable from the British point of view, since one of the main driving forces for Brexit was the desire to control immigration.
From pisser’s blog.

So that’s that, then.
Next?
Completely missing the point about frictionless borders for goods. Flobster like grasp of the facts.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Wellpisser wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 am
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 am
Flobster! wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:51 pm
Ireland still a problem, though.
Ireland isn't a problem you asinine asswipe.

The problem is with the UK.
No it really isn't with the UK, the problem is with Ireland. The GFA is silent on trade, the UK has made it quite clear that it will use electronic means via recognised economic operators for traffic coming from the south into the north and across the Irish sea in the GB. The UK has offered to keep the all Ireland market in agriculture, education, transport, tourism, health and electricity as the Irish asked for. The fact that the Republic will have to have Border Inspection Posts for animal and plant products is their problem not the UKs. The time for Ireland to raise this was when it agreed that the UK or anybody else was free to leave the EU at any time. The Irish voted twice on Lisbon, they knew what they were voting for. Time to call Varadkars bluff-the pressure from Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal over the next two months will be near unbearable for him.
:roll: :roll:

The problem is most definitely the UK.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Wellpisser wrote:

Fuck me you are thick.
Switzerland does not participate in the EEA.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Iolar wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:33 pm
Wellpisser wrote:

Fuck me you are thick.
Switzerland does not participate in the EEA.
It quacks and waddles.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 pm

The continuing collapse of the City of London...

Brussels’ decision to take expert advice gives hope for a Brexit deal

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brus ... -lkdlfb7pm

There is a scene in the slapstick police comedy The Naked Gun where Lieutenant Frank Drebin, America’s deadpan answer to Inspector Clouseau, pushes through a crowd of bystanders transfixed by an exploding building. “Alright, alright,” he says, waving them on. “Nothing to see here.”

Brussels’ approach to the risks for financial services customers from a no-deal Brexit has been a bit Frank Drebin. “Nothing to worry about,” officials might have said for all the interest they’ve shown. “Now let’s talk about the Irish border.”

The Bank of England has done its homework, though, and identified 38 million insurance policies, worth £55 billion, held by non-UK European Union customers that could be worthless in the event of a cliff-edge departure, as well as £27 billion held by UK policyholders.

About £26 trillion of derivative contracts, taken out by firms to hedge currency or interest rate exposures, may be unserviceable, it reckons. European companies, which use the City for half their fundraising needs, will have to pay a premium for capital without access to London’s deep pools of finance. Banks won’t be able to move data between operations in the UK and on the Continent, causing disruptions for clients.

None of the risks are insurmountable. In December, the government promised to legislate for “temporary permissions”, if necessary, to protect EU clients and is after a data-sharing agreement. Meanwhile, the EU has looked the other way.

Brussels’ intransigence has been agonising for UK regulators. As a cross-border risk, it needs a cross-border solution. European regulators want to help, but politicians have tied their hands. Financial services is seen in Brussels as a goose to be plucked. All those high-paying jobs and tax receipts are mouth-wateringly alluring.

The strategy has been to make staying in the City a business risk so that firms move their operations. Michel Barnier, the European Commission’s chief Brexit negotiator, could not have been clearer last week when he told banks to “hope for the best but prepare for the worst”. The 21-month transition to the end of 2020 will not be ratified until there is a withdrawal agreement, he emphasised. Until then, “we need to be ready in case of a ‘no deal, no transition’ scenario”.

Stop for a second to think about the contradiction in Mr Barnier’s position and it’s almost comical. “We need to be ready,” he said, meaning “you”, the banks. “We”, the legislators, on the other hand, are happy to ignore the risks and let the financial system go hang for the sake of political mileage.

It’s no way to behave if the long game is to convince the industry that Brussels will be an impartial, responsible, technocratic regulator. In the banks’ view, Britain has been the good guy so far, promising EU firms access to UK markets during the transition. Brussels, which has provided no reciprocal promise, has been playing provocateur.

Unfortunately for Brussels, the strategy has not been working. Bankers don’t want to leave London and bosses don’t want to sink capital into EU outposts they may not need. Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JP Morgan, originally warned that 4,000 jobs would move to Europe, then cut that to 500 to 1,000 and in his April letter to shareholders reduced it again to “300 to 400”.

Last week, the day after Mr Barnier’s speech, Brussels finally made a key (if inevitable) concession. The commission instructed Mario Draghi, president of the European Central Bank, to form a technical working group with Mark Carney, the Bank of England’s governor, to prepare for a no-deal Brexit in March. It was the first formal engagement between regulators on Brexit since the vote.

After months of refusing to consider the risks for financial bystanders, Brussels has finally decided to “be ready”. It’s such an obvious course of action that its significance is easily lost. But it’s an important step because it suggests the commission is willing to take its lead from the experts — and relations between experts are a lot more consensual than relations between politicians.

The working group’s terms are limited, but the collaboration paves a path for the ECB to advise on the bigger issue of a financial services deal. On that, there has been precious little talk in Brussels. Priorities one through five are customs and the Irish border, officials say. Financial services isn’t getting a look-in and when it does, David Davis told the Lords this week, it will be “a tussle”.

Theresa May accepts that the City will lose its “passport” to the single market but hopes to strike a deal on mutual recognition, under which the Bank and the ECB trust each other to adhere to the same principles, overseen by an independent arbiter, even if application differs. Yet Brussels is adamant that the UK be a supplicant rule-taker under its “equivalence” regime.

Cracks are appearing in the EU’s position, though. There is no uniform agreement between member states on the shape of a financial services deal and “equivalence” is under fire. Last month Brian Hayes, a Fine Gael MEP, tabled reforms and declared it “not fit for purpose”. “There is no consistency on equivalence,” he said. Decisions are piecemeal and “tailored to policy objectives”. In one instance, equivalence was granted to “Swiss trading venues” for “primarily political” reasons “to gain leverage in a separate policy matter”.

Politically driven regulation and wilful ignorance on cliff-edge risks, not forgetting that the European Court of Justice once declared the ECB insufficiently competent to take control of euro clearing: it’s not the regulatory backdrop that Mr Dimon and other big beasts are looking for.

Some member states want equivalence overhauled as part of a Brexit deal and even Mr Barnier has hinted at a system not unlike Mrs May’s “managed divergence”. Equivalence will be “more effective if the UK decides not to diverge from our regulation,” he said last week, though he added: “We need to be ready to exchange ideas for future rules in the context of close regulatory cooperation.” It’s easier to stick to EU rules if they are the rules Britain wants, too.

If the decision to seek the ECB’s advice is a sign of things to come, rapprochement on a financial services deal may not be quite the long shot that Brussels claims.

Philip Aldrick is Economics Editor of The Times

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Switzerland does not participate in the EEA. This is basic stuff.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Tue May 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Getting more levels kelly that the uk will remain I. The single market - at least the lords are pushing the gicernment in that direction. Will labour back the hard right of the Tory party? Or follow their membership and preserve single market membership?
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Astonishingly, there seems to be a belief amongst British politicians that the Irish government will back down regarding the commitments that the UK made when it agreed to full regulatory alignment. It won't. Apparently, the British didn't fully understand what they agreed to. Who'd have thunk it?

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 pm

I see Daniel Hannan of all people is admitingbits all gone a bit tits up. Of course it’s not his fault. Oh no! It’s all YOUR fault.

And what’s this I’m reading about airbus?
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 pm

shunter wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 pm
I see Daniel Hannan of all people is admitingbits all gone a bit tits up. Of course it’s not his fault. Oh no! It’s all YOUR fault.

Hannan always stated that we should remain in the EEA

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/op ... 25ba310fce

Most Leavers did but it is over compensating Remainers who are in No 10.
Last edited by Wellpisser on Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri May 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Iolar wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 pm
Astonishingly, there seems to be a belief amongst British politicians that the Irish government will back down regarding the commitments that the UK made when it agreed to full regulatory alignment. It won't. Apparently, the British didn't fully understand what they agreed to. Who'd have thunk it?
I find this very amusing. The EC comes up with a bullshit proposal that completely ignores the fact that the December agreement calls for there to be no regulatory barriers between NI and the rest of the UK after unilaterally deciding that a bilateral treaty provision is an internal UK matter and also flagrantly disregarding the GFA provision that any change in the constitutional status of NI within the UK can only happen with the consent of the people of NI.

Unicorn stuff from Dublin and Brussels.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri May 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Iolar wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Switzerland does not participate in the EEA. This is basic stuff.
It quacks and waddles

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat May 12, 2018 7:13 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 pm
shunter wrote:

Yes, blame the remainers!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 am

shunter wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:13 am
Wellpisser wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 pm
shunter wrote:

Yes, blame the remainers!
May is a Remainer who bizarrely wants to take us out ofbthe EEA rather than transition out through the EEA. RUdd is the Remainer who wanted British forms to keep a register of foreign workers because dedpite all of the evidence to the contrary she-like most Remainers-brlieved that Leave is about immigration not democratic self determination.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sat May 12, 2018 7:56 am

It will possibly work out but I think that a no withdrawal agreement Brexit is the most likely outcome still.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 am

Over compensating? Ha! That’s ironic from Wellpisser.

Try to make friends, don’t attack anyone who disagrees with you, stop calling British institutions “traitors” and fighting a culture war. The last couple of years has been really instructive into the kind of violent, corrupt and incompetent future the Brexit hardliners want and nobody wants to help them.

I don’t give a shit about the economy, it’s the quality of your people that’s obviously lacking.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat May 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Wellpisser is just hopelessly naive. All his politics involve hasty ill-thought-out dramatic acts of war or smashing up institutions and then blaming everybody else for not smashing the whole place up in the exact manner he advocates. Of course he and his ilk, like Johnson, lack the stamina and vigour to see anything through. It’s slways someone else’s fault. Vain dilettantes.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Ken Clarke still has hope for a Customs Union

Why wasn't he ever party leader? I would vote for him.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat May 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Because the conservative party membership decided Ian Duncan Smith was a better bet.

A warning that the Labour Party ignored a few years later.

Mr_D
Stew Ingredient

Post by Mr_D » Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm

I seem to remember him wanting the UK to adopt the Euro, that was a good enough reason to not have him as party leader
If Typhoo Put The T In Britain, Who Put The Cunt In Scunthorpe?

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat May 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Good point

That would have been a disaster.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Sun May 13, 2018 2:17 pm

You're insane.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 am

Chi_Rup wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 am
Over compensating? Ha! That’s ironic from Wellpisser.

Try to make friends, don’t attack anyone who disagrees with you, stop calling British institutions “traitors” and fighting a culture war. The last couple of years has been really instructive into the kind of violent, corrupt and incompetent future the Brexit hardliners want and nobody wants to help them.

I don’t give a shit about the economy, it’s the quality of your people that’s obviously lacking.
Oh do fuck off-seriously.

Amber Rudd is the Remainiac who honestly wanted British firms to keep a register of foreign national employees-if that is not over compensating I don't know what is.

Theresa May is the Remainer who thought that a 52/48 vote meant severing all ties with the EU in a cack handed manner rather than finding a halfway solution acceptable to the majority of the country (I personally don't care becuase once we leave their trajectory to ever closer union mean that we diverge anyway)

That is over compensation

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 am

Mr_D wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm

I seem to remember him wanting the UK to adopt the Euro, that was a good enough reason to not have him as party leader
He also warned that not being in Schengen would be the end of Britains tourism industry just as he warned that not joining the Euro would devastate the City of London and see all the jobs go to Frankfurt.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 am

Iolar wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:17 pm
You're insane.
Unicorn stuff from Dublin and when London and Berlin/Paris do a deal Dublin will find out that unicorns don't really exist-nor do leprechauns. Varadkar has played a good hand appallingly badly and it will take a decade at least for the bad will to be drained. Amazingly he has been worse than May.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm

You're insane. Quite clearly.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 pm

He is.

More good news (per the torygraph):

Donald Trump is ready to use trade talks to force the National Health Service to pay more for its drugs as part of his scheme to "put American patients first”.

Mr Trump has claimed that the high costs faced by US patients are a direct result of other countries’ health services “freeloading” at America’s expense.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Iolar wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm
The lunacy here is coming from Dublin and the Commission-the December agreement is quite clear that the backstop can mean no border between NI abd GB and the GFA is quite clear that the constitutional status of NI within the UK cannot change without the consent of the people of NI. Dublins stupid idea of having NI subservient to the ECJ would change NIs constitutional status within the UK. Leprechaun thinking.

The amusing thing of course is that people in Dublin think that this is all sbout the Irish border but of course it is and always has been about Dover/Calais. When you are playing cards and you don’t know who the patsy at the table is...

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 pm

shunter wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 pm
He is.

More good news (per the torygraph):

Donald Trump is ready to use trade talks to force the National Health Service to pay more for its drugs as part of his scheme to "put American patients first”.

Mr Trump has claimed that the high costs faced by US patients are a direct result of other countries’ health services “freeloading” at America’s expense.
Governments want to negotiate-I can understand how novel that idea must be if the only way that you feel safe is ehrn Brussels is lolking after things for you.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

Hey ho. This is from Sky News today, the government’s own internal risk assessment for their post-Brexit nuclear safeguards project, listing requirements for IT infrastructure, funding, training, staff and ownership of nuclear material, to be ready by March 2019, rated on a Red/Amber/Green scale:

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 am

FFS 2017/18 Government borrowing was £40.5bn , compared to the OBR’s March budget forecast in 2017 of £58.3 bn — out by £18 bn. How can you be out by nearly 30%? The OBR is as bad as HM Treasury.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 am

Chi_Rup wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am
Hey ho. This is from Sky News today, the government’s own internal risk assessment for their post-Brexit nuclear safeguards project, listing requirements for IT infrastructure, funding, training, staff and ownership of nuclear material, to be ready by March 2019, rated on a Red/Amber/Green scale:

Yep, EU membership has infantalised the UK civil service

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm
Iolar wrote:
The lunacy here is coming from Dublin and the Commission-the December agreement is quite clear that the backstop can mean no border between NI abd GB and the GFA is quite clear that the constitutional status of NI within the UK cannot change without the consent of the people of NI. Dublins stupid idea of having NI subservient to the ECJ would change NIs constitutional status within the UK. Leprechaun thinking.

The amusing thing of course is that people in Dublin think that this is all sbout the Irish border but of course it is and always has been about Dover/Calais. When you are playing cards and you don’t know who the patsy at the table is...
You're insane.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 am

Iolar wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 am
Wellpisser wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 pm
Iolar wrote:

You're insane.
Article 49 of the December agreement is quite clear. The WHOLE of the UK will remain in regulatory alignment. De facto Single Market membership without being in the EEA. Juncker should have let Barnier negotiate the final draft...oh dear. Jean-Claude managed to get himself Chateaud during the breaks in negotiation. No wonder May was in a hurry to get the initial deal done.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Tonight, CH4 at 10pm

Carry on Brussels

Only available to UK residents, and probably also thieving pikeys

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed May 23, 2018 7:21 pm

What’s this about us all been £900 worse off because of brexit, so far, according to BoE?

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Work an extra day

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed May 23, 2018 9:09 pm

shunter wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:21 pm
What’s this about us all been £900 worse off because of brexit, so far, according to BoE?
Carney said that because of the vote to leave the UK economy is now 1% smaller than the Bank of Englands forecast at the time of the vote. He was silent on the accuracy or otherwise of the rest of the BofE forecasts. I can't think why.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed May 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 pm
Work an extra day
Hour for Shunter

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 am

What Remainers think of Leave voters reasons for viting

https://mobile.twitter.com/Zzzzz_gutteri ... 3577927682

And Leave voters views on why Remain voters vited as they did

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesRDennis ... 9031088129

I have to say that I overestimated the numbers who voted Remain for love of the EU - mostly I think because I cannot imagine anybody actually putting a price on their nations independence.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 pm

So it was all about immigration after all. Top answer.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat May 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Why do people post links?

Just say what it fucking says!

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Wellpisser wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 am

I have to say that I overestimated the numbers who voted Remain for love of the EU - mostly I think because I cannot imagine anybody actually putting a price on their nations independence.
There’s a fair few of us who have little interest in the nation state, nationalism and all that bollocks. The worse thing about brexit for me is the way, as a European, my rights are being taken away.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sat May 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 pm
So it was all about immigration after all. Top answer.
How do you mean "it was all about immigration" snd since when is a plurality "all". Is this more of that legendary Scottish education that we hear do much about?

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 pm

shunter wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 pm
Wellpisser wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 am

There’s a fair few of us who have little interest in the nation state, nationalism and all that bollocks. The worse thing about brexit for me is the way, as a European, my rights are being taken away.
So your interest is in the European nation state notvthe smaller British (or French, Cherman, whatever nation). A perfectly respectable position and a quite rational one too-as you know I have slways argued that the only two rational positions are wholly in-all thecway including common taxes- or wholly out. The former is IMO unachievable so it must be the latter