Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

Post Reply
coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9214
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 pm

Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by coffeeguy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Good job Bexiteers, nothing like flushing your own economy down the shitter. Only going to get worse from here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/22 ... 33864.html

Brexit Fallout: U.K. Economy Shrinks At Fastest Pace Since Financial Crisis

CP | By Danica Kirka, The Associated Press

LONDON -- Britain's economy is shrinking at its steepest pace since the global financial crisis in early 2009 as a result of the vote to leave the European Union, a survey indicated Friday.

The so-called purchasing managers' index, a gauge of business activity conducted by IHS Markit, fell to 47.7 points in July from 52.4 in June. The figures are on a 100-point scale, with the 50 threshold separating growth from contraction.

The survey is one of the first official measures of how the economy responded to the vote, and is based on questionnaires sent to executives in over 600 companies between July 12 and 21.

"July saw a dramatic deterioration in the economy, with business activity slumping at the fastest rate since the height of the global financial crisis in early-2009,'' said Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit. "The downturn, whether manifesting itself in order book cancellations, a lack of new orders or the postponement or halting of projects, was most commonly attributed in one way or another to 'Brexit.'''

A departure from the EU could mean companies based in Britain are cut off from the bloc's single market, which guarantees no tariffs on trade and the free movement of workers and money. The uncertainty over Britain's trade relations, which will take years to renegotiate, is causing companies to hold back investment and hiring or even to make cuts.

The weeks of political uncertainty, with the prime minister resigning after the vote and the main parties in disarray, also hurt confidence.

The Markit survey found that both business output and new orders fell in July for the first time since the end of 2012. Their drop from the previous month was the steepest in the survey's history.

The measure of service providers' optimism about the coming 12 months slumped to a seven-and-a-half year low. Manufacturers reported job cuts.

The report noted there wasn't an increase in business costs, which some are fearing as the plunge in the pound since the vote will make fuel, raw materials and imports more expensive. Those rises were offset in part by subdued wage inflation.

Michael Hewson, analyst at CMC Markets, said the survey findings were worse than expected.

"The big and important question now is whether this slowdown heralds a more permanent economic condition, or whether in the final days of July, we get a pickup in activity now that we have a more stable political environment and the Brexit fog has started to clear a little.''

Britain's new Treasury chief, Philip Hammond, said he would be prepared to use the next budget update, called the Autumn Statement, to help the economy in the event of a downturn.

"We will have the opportunity with our Autumn Statements ... to reset fiscal policy if we deem it necessary to do so in light of the data that will emerge over the coming months,'' he said on a visit to Beijing ahead of a meeting of G-20 finance ministers in Chengdu.

The findings will cement expectations that the Bank of England will provide more monetary stimulus to the economy at its next meeting in August, experts say. The pound sharply fell on the prospect, to $1.3090 from $1.3280 earlier in the day.

The equivalent survey for the 19-country eurozone showed the currency bloc was resilient in the face of the uncertainties unleashed by U.K. vote.

Markit's index for the eurozone dropped to 52.9 points from 53.1 in June. While that was an 18-month low, the drop was relatively small and suggested continued economic growth of around 1.5 per cent annually.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15803
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Iolar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Economic metrics mean nothing to the uneducated plebs who voted for Brexit. The ones who have half a brain still think that the EU needs them, the rest don't even know what the EU is.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:48 pm

No it isn't in the shitter, you fucking cock womble.

Now go and dry your hands.
Last edited by Stephen_Dedalus on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15803
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Iolar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Not yet, it will be.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Wrong again you thick fucking bogtrotter...only this week a Japanese company invested more than a billion in a company from Cambridgeshire.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15803
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Iolar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Japanese company invested more than a billion in a company from Cambridgeshire


Jesus wept.

The economy is saved!

Look, there's one thick in conversations between me and you. Here's a clue - it isn't the one who attended an ivy league university and was able to retire in his early 30's.

Hth
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 pm

There we go again.

No one gives a shit about your financial situation, iolaR

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9214
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by coffeeguy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Leading indicators such as PMI, business investment, and consumer confidence are all down. Investment is drying up, investors are dumping commercial real estate publically traded units that have liquidity.

Brexit Britain is headed for recession. Have fun.

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:13 pm

We will.

Thanks.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 pm

coffeeguy wrote:Leading indicators such as PMI, business investment, and consumer confidence are all down. Investment is drying up, investors are dumping commercial real estate publically traded units that have liquidity.

Brexit Britain is headed for recession. Have fun.



Utter bullshit....did you just short a load of stock? is this just wishful thinking on your part?

Some facts for you Coffee guy.....

FTSE up from the day of the vote...

Unemployment down...

The £ rebounding back...

We're doing perfectly fine here thank you,i didn't vote to leave but i don't think i'll be suffering too badly because we have.

TheDevil
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1992
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by TheDevil » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:47 pm

The good thing is that the low class tattooed working class losers who voted for brexit will be the first to lose their jobs. If they had a job in the first place.
الإله ليس عظيما

User avatar
Paddox1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7500
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Paddox1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:08 pm

That's the sad thing, in my opinion.

The turkeys voted for Christmas and then will be shocked when they end up on the dinner table.

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by shunter » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Lincoln wrote:
coffeeguy wrote:Leading indicators such as PMI, business investment, and consumer confidence are all down. Investment is drying up, investors are dumping commercial real estate publically traded units that have liquidity.

Brexit Britain is headed for recession. Have fun.



Utter bullshit....did you just short a load of stock? is this just wishful thinking on your part?

Some facts for you Coffee guy.....

FTSE up from the day of the vote...

Unemployment down...

The £ rebounding back...

We're doing perfectly fine here thank you,i didn't vote to leave but i don't think i'll be suffering too badly because we have.


Sterling is at 1.30 today. The stock market is up as the pound us down and the prospects of returns in other assets, given the likely direction of interest rates, is negligible. You won't have to wait too long for bad news - business confidence is lower than any time since GFC
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 pm

I have been saying for years that England will sink
Prost!

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Utterly boring as always, Kilombo

You Kraut.

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:32 pm

You hate the facts and the truth, don't you Sir Royal?
Prost!

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Germany and Argentina have been in the shitter so many times, I guess you actually might know what you are talking about.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Kilombo wrote:I have been saying for years that England will sink



Thats bollox kilombo, whilst i'm no flag waving little Englander( ifeel no more English than i do European) but i do know we are not sinking in any way...bad news sells and the papers love a bad news story and spin that way to keep the argument going...this panics the markets and its a self forfiling prophacy but just like we saw in 2008 things CANNOT fail or its tits up for everyone...so fcuk will happen long term,Britain won't become "Great"...whatever the fuck that means but it won't tank either.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15803
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Iolar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 pm

You are the archetypal, subliterate Little Ingerlander. I'd say you have "Britian" [sic] tattooed somewhere on your body. Anyway, it's the vermin underclass (like you) who will suffer. Anybody who's spent any time at all in England knows that you're a baying rabble of uneducated ignoramuses. The equivalent of Brexit wouldn't happen elsewhere because people are informed in other countries.
Last edited by Iolar on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:59 pm

For a start, he voted Remain.

User avatar
myanmarbound
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7035
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by myanmarbound » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Iolar wrote:You are the archetypal, subliterate Little Ingerlander. I'd say you have "Britian" [sic] tattooed somewhere on your body. Anyway, it's the vermin underclass (like you) who will suffer. Anybody who's spent any time at all in England knows that you're a baying rabble of uneducated ignoramuses. The equivalent of Brexit wouldn't happen elsewhere because people are informed in other countries.


Is this type of attitude the lofty European ideal?
Testicles have an interesting texture -- I think because of the epidydimis -- but they don't have a lot of flavor of their own. VinnyD

I've slept with both of my sisters. I have no problem when It's family. ManchVegas

User avatar
Paddox1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7500
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Paddox1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Iolar wrote:You are the archetypal, subliterate Little Ingerlander. I'd say you have "Britian" [sic] tattooed somewhere on your body. Anyway, it's the vermin underclass (like you) who will suffer. Anybody who's spent any time at all in England knows that you're a baying rabble of uneducated ignoramuses. The equivalent of Brexit wouldn't happen elsewhere because people are informed in other countries.


Sadly, I think there are a number of countries who would vote out if they had the opportunity to vote in a referendum. I don't think that ignorance and misinformation is unique to the uk.

And Lincoln voted in, so it's interesting that you are trying to slag him based on something he didn't do.

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Exactly.

France would vote out by a higher percentage.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15803
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Iolar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:21 pm

He has a lot in common with those who voted to leave. Subliterate, uneducated, incapable of articulating thoughts coherently, bigoted, xenophobic, stupid.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

User avatar
(X)
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11910
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by (X) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:27 pm

You might be right SD, will ask a few people in Nice how they feel next time I m there.
Slap on your butt for good measure!

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23842
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by mad hatter » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Well. This is going well.

om mani padme hum
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

User avatar
Paddox1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7500
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Paddox1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:30 pm

I've got lots in common too. We all have. By looking down on people for being poor or receiving a rubbish education or not working, we just create more division. Those people are disenfranchised and pissed off, and to a tiny extent, I can see why.

I'm in my little London bubble and I have little concept of what it must be like to live in an area of the country with poor prospects, poor education, poor employment prospects. The saddest thing of it all is that the eu have been demonised and yet the eu probably offer more to these areas than our current government.

But to try and put Lincoln down for his voting preferences, then realise he didn't vote that way but yet continue trying to slag him, is pretty sad.

User avatar
myanmarbound
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7035
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by myanmarbound » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:53 am

Paddox1 wrote:I've got lots in common too. We all have. By looking down on people for being poor or receiving a rubbish education or not working, we just create more division. Those people are disenfranchised and pissed off, and to a tiny extent, I can see why.

I'm in my little London bubble and I have little concept of what it must be like to live in an area of the country with poor prospects, poor education, poor employment prospects. The saddest thing of it all is that the eu have been demonised and yet the eu probably offer more to these areas than our current government.



All of what you say is certainly context for the vote, but the biggest concern of Leave voters according to the post-vote survey by Lord Ashcroft's polling organisation was sovereignty. I'm just astonished that so many Brits are unwilling or unable to accept that working class Brits could or would vote for a concept like democracy.
If the current government isn't doing much for these areas they can be pressured to do so or voted out of power.
Testicles have an interesting texture -- I think because of the epidydimis -- but they don't have a lot of flavor of their own. VinnyD

I've slept with both of my sisters. I have no problem when It's family. ManchVegas

User avatar
Paddox1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7500
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Paddox1 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:58 am

Newsthump:

Brexit supporters are furious that people keep pointing out that the things they were told would happen if we voted to leave the EU are now actually happening.

In a week in which the IMF cut the UK’s 2017 growth forecast by 0.9% and economic activity dropped to its lowest level since 2009, Brexiters are furious they are being asked to take a cursory look at the news.

“I don’t need to look at the news because we won and you need to get over it”, claimed Brexiter Graham Williams.

“Things are only getting worse because you keep saying they’re getting worse – there is no other possible explanation for it! Things don’t get worse because of the underlying economic conditions; they get worse because people keep talking about it on social media!

“I don’t care if this is almost exactly what the experts said would happen if we voted to leave the EU; experts don’t know anything!

“You’re all just a bunch of whiney losers reading reports and economic indicators because you don’t like that you lost, you big fat losers!”

However, some Brexit supporters have said their own economic indicators show we’re doing just fine thank you very much.

“The FTSE is doing ok, that’s the real British economy!” claimed one, seemingly oblivious to the fact that FTSE 100 is about as British a Lamb Biriyani.

“You can use figures to prove anything; look, I’ve just written on this paper that the UK is better off outside the EU, so there.

“End of.”

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Kilombo wrote:I have been saying for years that England will sink



Thats bollox kilombo, whilst i'm no flag waving little Englander( ifeel no more English than i do European) but i do know we are not sinking in any way...bad news sells and the papers love a bad news story and spin that way to keep the argument going...this panics the markets and its a self forfiling prophacy but just like we saw in 2008 things CANNOT fail or its tits up for everyone...so fcuk will happen long term,Britain won't become "Great"...whatever the fuck that means but it won't tank either.

You are spot on Lincs of course. But you cannot deny that over the past decades England is having probems and that with the Brexit these problems will increase for some time and you did that by yourselves. I just cannot stand these arrogant cunts who always believes themselves better than the rest of the world and still think that they live centuries ago. That applies obviously not to you.
Prost!

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:Germany and Argentina have been in the shitter so many times, I guess you actually might know what you are talking about.

Is it so hard to stay on topic Stephen? Oh yes there are a lot more countries with more problems than England if that makes you feel better but actually only England decided to create their problems by themselves that ridiculous way.
Prost!

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Lols

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3091
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Andrea1 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Kilombo wrote:I just cannot stand these arrogant cunts who always believes themselves better than the rest of the world and still think that they live centuries ago.



Kilombo wrote:I have been PRAYING for years that England will sink because I'm a jealous, vindictive, hateful, petty cunt. Plus, I'm thick, but you all knew that anyway.


Ok, so he didn't say ALL of that, but well, the added stuff IS TRUE!!!!

Still wants us to stay in the EU though. Weird.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24778
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Chi_Rup » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Low to middle income financial services jobs are starting to go. I'm hearing of contracts in London and Edinburgh involved with European banking returning to Europe, which is kind of obvious, but of course if you're a hedge fund you can bet on this happening and be quite alright.

Moniker_X
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Moniker_X » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Speaking of the Huffington Post, I thought this was interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-david-cameron-plan-to-screw-labour-cost-him-the-eu-referendum_uk_5790bae5e4b0e3583c789316?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

I wonder how much difference this made, and whether it could have tipped the result in favour of Brexit. It was a horrible plan, anyway.

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by shunter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:14 pm

I think we can all agree that Britain is going down the pan.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25307
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by cowtown » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Paddox1 wrote:Newsthump:

Brexit supporters are furious that people keep pointing out that the things they were told would happen if we voted to leave the EU are now actually happening.

In a week in which the IMF cut the UK’s 2017 growth forecast by 0.9% and economic activity dropped to its lowest level since 2009, Brexiters are furious they are being asked to take a cursory look at the news.

“I don’t need to look at the news because we won and you need to get over it”, claimed Brexiter Graham Williams.

“Things are only getting worse because you keep saying they’re getting worse – there is no other possible explanation for it! Things don’t get worse because of the underlying economic conditions; they get worse because people keep talking about it on social media!

“I don’t care if this is almost exactly what the experts said would happen if we voted to leave the EU; experts don’t know anything!

“You’re all just a bunch of whiney losers reading reports and economic indicators because you don’t like that you lost, you big fat losers!”

However, some Brexit supporters have said their own economic indicators show we’re doing just fine thank you very much.

“The FTSE is doing ok, that’s the real British economy!” claimed one, seemingly oblivious to the fact that FTSE 100 is about as British a Lamb Biriyani.

“You can use figures to prove anything; look, I’ve just written on this paper that the UK is better off outside the EU, so there.

“End of.”


awesome
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25307
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by cowtown » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:33 pm

myanmarbound wrote:
All of what you say is certainly context for the vote, but the biggest concern of Leave voters according to the post-vote survey by Lord Ashcroft's polling organisation was sovereignty. I'm just astonished that so many Brits are unwilling or unable to accept that working class Brits could or would vote for a concept like democracy.
If the current government isn't doing much for these areas they can be pressured to do so or voted out of power.


Democracy, bullshit

Sovereignty is a coded word for bigotry

Explain how they voted for sovereignty and at what the price
You can’t because you/ they don’t know yet so it wasn’t sovereignty they voted for

in fact the UK could end up paying more and being less sovereign. Most the Leave fuckwits don’t understand the EU, Sovereignty, Economics Unions, trade agreements or even democracy

EU will still set many of the UK terms for trade with them while the UK losses direct access and influence with in
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Andrea1 wrote:
Kilombo wrote:I just cannot stand these arrogant cunts who always believes themselves better than the rest of the world and still think that they live centuries ago.



Kilombo wrote:I have been PRAYING for years that England will sink because I'm a jealous, vindictive, hateful, petty cunt. Plus, I'm thick, but you all knew that anyway.


Ok, so he didn't say ALL of that, but well, the added stuff IS TRUE!!!!

Still wants us to stay in the EU though. Weird.

I did not wrote what you posted as my quote Andrea1. Next!
Prost!

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24778
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Chi_Rup » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Building trade is fucked. London-based company of surveyors close to my heart, all pay frozen for the foreseeable.

I have, however, heard one positive story today that the weak pound has allowed a household name professional audio brand to shift a load of old gear from their warehouse to Europe. Domestic sales have more or less ceased.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:Building trade is fucked..



Absolute bollox...i have Electricians on £200 per day plus expenses ,they have work 7 days a week and are desparate for more workers.

3200 new homes plus a school are to be built near Grantham starting next year.

The building trade is booming.

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Not in the south
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 pm

6 week wait for a painter and decorator here,landscape gardener is a month.

All my mates in the trades are flat out.

User avatar
shunter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 17014
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Not enough migrants by the sound of it
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

User avatar
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 69104
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

I thought all the Eastern Europeans were supposed to be under cutting Brits out of the trades?

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:I thought all the Eastern Europeans were supposed to be under cutting Brits out of the trades?



Not at all,i do a booming trade with Eastern Euros wanting to train to be sparkies and plumbers...fcuking love the Polish...great people.

User avatar
Kilombo
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 13827
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Kilombo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Do they actually have a real plan post Brexit in the UK? I am pretty sure that the UK will keep linked to the EU more or less the same as before. Politics seems to be unable to find real solutions and innovations these days in the UK, in the EU and in the rest of the world.
Prost!

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24778
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Chi_Rup » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm

£200 a day is fuck all for an electrician, Lincoln. Or any skilled trades worth their cards.

Now that the pound is worth only slightly more than a Euro there's less incentive to send money home and your raw materials have suddenly become pricey. Hence, shrinking margins and frozen wages.

I've mentioned before it's all turning out alright for people who get their income from dividends though. Funny that.
Last edited by Chi_Rup on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by Lincoln » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Now you are just being a snob Chi_Rup...a grand a week is decent money up here,you can live well on that.

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23842
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Brexit - UK Economy in the Shitter

Post by mad hatter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:05 pm

^ in London. Fixed it for you Chi.

om mani padme hum
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

Post Reply