Post by Vince » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:42 pm

You missed the deco-nifty or whatever it's called
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Vince
Stew Ingredient

Re: Corbyn - moving to the endgame

Post by Vince » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:Angela Eagle was significantly better than Corbyn in Parliament. But I think Labour's problems are bigger than this.

Still, it's great all this is going on with the party anti-semitism report due this week and Chilcot next. Maybe Corbyn wants to hang on until he can talk about that?

And call for Blair to be tried at The Hague or some such shite
"Do you ski?"

Vivienne_Westwood
Stew Ingredient

Post by Vivienne_Westwood » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I joined Labour yesterday, so I can have a vote in the next leadership fight.

I can see this being the end of the party.

Vince
Stew Ingredient

Post by Vince » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

In rejoining yet again tomorrow. Regardless of your political persuasion this country needs effective opposition and it's nothing short of a national embarrassment how poor Corbyn has been at holding the tories to account.
"Do you ski?"

QPR_Paul
Stew Ingredient

Post by QPR_Paul » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm glad that Shunter and Viv are rejoining Labour.

The Trotskyist entryists got Corbyn elected, we need normal people to balance them out. Urgently.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:07 pm

lol

Did you see that absurd look on Corbyns face as the prop forward Watson bundled him away at the Polish centre?

That has to be a gif.

Look man, you're number 2 is coming out on camera telling people he's trying to get you to resign!

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:43 am

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:59 am

Has anyone seen this?

Jeremy Corbyn’s aides are refusing to let Labour deputy leader Tom Watson hold a one-to-one meeting with him, claiming that Watson will try to “bully” the leader into resigning.

A senior Labour source, close to the embattled leader, said they had blocked Watson from talking privately to Corbyn because they have a “duty of care”. “They [Watson’s aides] want Watson to be on his own with Corbyn so that he can jab his finger at him,” the source said.

“We are not letting that happen. He’s a 70-year-old [sic] man. We have a duty of care … This is not a one-off. There is a culture of bullying. Maybe it’s a Blairite/Brownite thing.”

A spokesman for Watson – who has been seeking to reach a negotiated settlement with Corbyn over the latter’s future – said: “Tom has always had a very good working and personal relationship with Jeremy.”

I've never seen the like. I'm worried he's going to barricade himself in his office and jump out the window.

Full story, including details of a generous resignation deal: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rms-length

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 am

Jez is 67 not 70 and if his advisors think Tom Watson will bully him by pointing his finger what about Putin?

That cunt Seamus Milne is behind this and, as Nick Cohen has stated, once you realise that the SWP hate the Labour Party more than they hate the Tories, it all starts to make sense.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:25 am

The more I think about this the more and more i want to strangle that cunt Ed Milliband. remember this all started after Jock McSavage MP had too much to drink in the Strangers Bar and started a fight with a couple of Tories. the resulting stitch up for his Falkirk seat by McCluskey saw an enquiry into the party and party funding/membership which came up with the wholly mad idea of OMOV with reduced membership fees for casual members whose votes rank pari passu with long standing full members.

I am coming to the conclusion that this structural flaw means that we may never get the Labour party back and we may have to conclude that the party is now beyond saving. Because of that muppet ed Milliband.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 am

Could he have been any greyer today, in his three piece, getting into a grey car, with his grey entourage.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 am

The new Shadow Welsh Secretary is an 81 year old who thinks that Jews should not be allowed to be Britain's Ambassador to Israel.

i wonder of the Momentum Praetorian Guard have a "duty of care" to protect him from questions too?

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:46 am

Wellpisser wrote:The new Shadow Welsh Secretary is an 81 year old who thinks that Jews should not be allowed to be Britain's Ambassador to Israel.

i wonder of the Momentum Praetorian Guard have a "duty of care" to protect him from questions too?

^ he would have voted Leave

sent from my bat phone
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:50 am

mad hatter wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:The new Shadow Welsh Secretary is an 81 year old who thinks that Jews should not be allowed to be Britain's Ambassador to Israel.

^ he would have voted Leave

sent from my bat phone

Corbyn almost certainly did, he is refusing to deny it.

greco
Stew Ingredient

Post by greco » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:20 am

Wellpisser wrote:The more I think about this the more and more i want to strangle that cunt Ed Milliband. remember this all started after Jock McSavage MP had too much to drink in the Strangers Bar and started a fight with a couple of Tories. the resulting stitch up for his Falkirk seat by McCluskey saw an enquiry into the party and party funding/membership which came up with the wholly mad idea of OMOV with reduced membership fees for casual members whose votes rank pari passu with long standing full members.

I am coming to the conclusion that this structural flaw means that we may never get the Labour party back and we may have to conclude that the party is now beyond saving. Because of that muppet ed Milliband.

Totes agree. Momentum are recruiting thousands of £3 voters to ensure Corby's reelection. He would still have the support of only 20% of the PLP so a split would seem inevitable. End of Labour.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:27 am

greco wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:The more I think about this the more and more i want to strangle that cunt Ed Milliband. remember this all started after Jock McSavage MP had too much to drink in the Strangers Bar and started a fight with a couple of Tories. the resulting stitch up for his Falkirk seat by McCluskey saw an enquiry into the party and party funding/membership which came up with the wholly mad idea of OMOV with reduced membership fees for casual members whose votes rank pari passu with long standing full members.

Totes agree. Momentum are recruiting thousands of £3 voters to ensure Corby's reelection. He would still have the support of only 20% of the PLP so a split would seem inevitable. End of Labour.

he doesn't have sufficient support to fill the Shadow Cabinet.

What is the point of an opposition that cannot oppose?

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm

I didn't see Corbyn before the Home affairs select committee into Rayzism but by all accounts Jez was dreadful and Shami Chak will get a safe seat very, very soon.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:10 pm

So Eagle will stand. Confirmed.

No consensus on whether Corbyn needs 51 nominations. It's a bit odd that they don't seem to understand their own rules - but this is the labour party, after all.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Corbyn and McDonnell apparently privately conceded to Owen smith that they were fine with not winning elections.

And the rumour is the NEC will rule that Corbyn has no right to be on the ballot. Hopefully that leads to mass leaving if the party by members to start their own unelectable mess of a party/pressure group
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient

Post by The Mallard Missie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:08 am

I never realized that mister Eagle was a lesbian - I wonder if he'll employ Clare Balding to run his campaign?

The burning question is: has Eagle ever sat and swivelled?
The Duck Delusion

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Eagles press conference.

what a disaster.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Very disappointed to see Corbyn will be on the ballot; I was hoping his exclusion would trigger an exodus of his supporter, possibly to start a new party.

I joined labour today but frankly it's so confusing, who knows if I get a vote?

Mr_Fraud
Stew Ingredient

Post by Mr_Fraud » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:39 am

This is just about the best thing, Trots have seized control and now everyone is dashing to join the party but wont get a vote any way so the Trots get money to push their agenda which seems to be lose an election as they have principals. If you thought Thatch was in power for a long time prepare for an eternity of Tory rule now.
Was your mom on thalidomide or something? Logg, charming man that he is.

The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient

Post by The Mallard Missie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Mr_Fraud wrote:This is just about the best thing, Trots have seized control and now everyone is dashing to join the party but wont get a vote any way so the Trots get money to push their agenda which seems to be lose an election as they have principals. If you thought Thatch was in power for a long time prepare for an eternity of Tory rule now.

Victoria Principals or just plain principles, missie?
The Duck Delusion

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Corbyns just not that interested in the idea of parliament. If he keeps his job then the speaker needs to intervene and invite someone else to be leader of the opposition.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:47 pm

shunter wrote:Corbyns just not that interested in the idea of parliament. If he keeps his job then the speaker needs to intervene and invite someone else to be leader of the opposition.

Well, I would imagine if a larger group of labour MPs split themselves off and form another party, the speaker would have to recognize them as the official opposition.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 pm

If they elect a new leader of the PLP then that person would be appointed keader of the opposition. There's no requirement for Corbyn to cease to be the header if the Labour Party, should think.

Tomska
Stew Ingredient

Post by Tomska » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:18 pm

shunter wrote:If they elect a new leader of the PLP then that person would be appointed leader of the opposition. There's no requirement for Corbyn to cease to be the header if the Labour Party, should think.

As I understand it, the leader of the party is de facto the leader of the PLP. They can't appoint another leader without resigning the whip and starting their own party, which is what I think needs to happen. The gulf between the PLP and the membership is unbridgeable.
Ya mama got a glass eye with a fish in it.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Tomska wrote:
shunter wrote:If they elect a new leader of the PLP then that person would be appointed leader of the opposition. There's no requirement for Corbyn to cease to be the header if the Labour Party, should think.

As I understand it, the leader of the party is de facto the leader of the PLP. They can't appoint another leader without resigning the whip and starting their own party, which is what I think needs to happen. The gulf between the PLP and the membership is unbridgeable.

Yes, they need to resign the Whip, form a new Party and apply to the speaker for Short Money.

Then they need to get the sensible Trade Unions on board and the rest of the Co-Operative movement. Back to the Rochdale Principles. A long, long hard road.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 pm

I am very confused as to what Corbyn's expectations/hopes are for with regard the future of the Labour party. Only, this time'ish last year, they weren't all that lofty regarding his own personal future aspirations, let alone, well, the labour party itself.
What a difference a year makes.

17th June, 2015
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... o-personal

"...“Congratulations!” I say, enthusiastically.

“Thank you,” Corbyn says, warily. “I’m slightly surprised that we made it through, but there we are.”

Corbyn is such an unlikely leader, so devoted to the collective that he can’t even bear to refer to himself in the first person. It’s always we – and there’s nothing royal about it (he is a devout republican). “We” turns out to be a subset of lefties who wanted an alternative to the Stepford candidates standing for the leadership. If he were elected leader of Labour, you half expect the first thing he would do is get rid of the top job and replace it with a co-op.

So why has he stood? “We had a discussion among a group of us on the left about how we might influence future developments of the party. All of us felt the leadership contest was not a good idea – there should have been a policy debate first. There wasn’t, so we decided somebody should put their hat in the ring in order to promote that debate. And, unfortunately, it’s my hat in the ring.”

Why did it have to be his hat? “Well, Diane [Abbott] and John [McDonnell] have done it before, so it was my turn.” So he took some persuading? “Yeah. I have never held any appointed office, so in that sense it’s unusual, but if I can promote some causes and debate by doing this, then good. That’s why I’m doing it.” He offers a tiny smile. Blink and you miss it. “At my age I’m not likely to be a long-term contender, am I?...”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... bour-party

“It kind of fell to Jeremy,” said Cat Smith, the newly elected MP for Lancaster and Fleetwood, who had worked for Corbyn for six years before standing for parliament. Lewis and Smith left the room and headed to the House of Commons terrace, overlooking the Thames, to
begin canvassing support for Corbyn – who announced his candidacy in an exclusive interview with his local newspaper, the Islington Tribune.

At that time, nobody in Corbyn’s fledgling campaign – including the candidate himself – would have believed that he would go on to win the leadership contest by a huge majority three months later. Their most pressing concern at the start of June was getting him on the ballot, and then trying not to finish last. But the man dismissed by many as an irrelevant loner on the political margins would soon deliver what the former lord chancellor Lord Falconer described this week as “an earthquake”.

The tectonic plates took some time to shift, however. The Corbyn campaign started out with the modest ambition of promoting a debate that might move an established candidate such as Andy Burnham to the left. In their wildest dreams the Corbyn team thought they might manage a respectable third place.

It is a story of inexperienced young insurgents and veteran leftwingers, who had long since resigned themselves to careers in the political wilderness, realising suddenly and ecstatically that they had a chance to capitalise on years of pent-up frustration with the direction the party had moved. It is a story of how a new and untested electoral system – originally intended to diminish the power of trade union votes – was cannily exploited to bring hundreds of thousands of new members and supporters into the Labour party and shift it sharply leftwards..."

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:16 pm

shunter wrote:Very disappointed to see Corbyn will be on the ballot; I was hoping his exclusion would trigger an exodus of his supporter, possibly to start a new party.

I joined labour today but frankly it's so confusing, who knows if I get a vote?

I'm thinking of joining. More because I'm interested in seeing what's actually going on. All this talk of Trotskyist/ite conspiracies, is intriguing.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:56 pm

It's really boring. There are blokes with thin beards who've been waiting for this since the 80s: they learn the party rules and talk from the floor until everyone else leaves, then they have a vote.

Over 60% of new Labour members haven't been to one of these meetings, Momentum as a thing beyond social media is a myth. I went to one because it was near my house and, exactly like the Green movement when I dipped my toe in that a decade ago, it was dominated by a handful of people who've been doing it all their lives and don't want new people. They've always been there, Blair going over the heads over local parties and parachuting candidates in had a point but you either have to do that forever and become a weird pseudo-party governed from the top or let the members make decisions.

But that's Lewisham. Your mileage may vary. I've heard that the experience in Scotland with new SNP members was quite different and a lot of time serving candidates and members were voted out. Perhaps because they have bigger ambitions than Labour right now.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:24 am

Chi_Rup wrote:It's really boring. There are blokes with thin beards who've been waiting for this since the 80s: they learn the party rules and talk from the floor until everyone else leaves, then they have a vote.

Over 60% of new Labour members haven't been to one of these meetings, Momentum as a thing beyond social media is a myth. I went to one because it was near my house and, exactly like the Green movement when I dipped my toe in that a decade ago, it was dominated by a handful of people who've been doing it all their lives and don't want new people. They've always been there, Blair going over the heads over local parties and parachuting candidates in had a point but you either have to do that forever and become a weird pseudo-party governed from the top or let the members make decisions.

But that's Lewisham. Your mileage may vary. I've heard that the experience in Scotland with new SNP members was quite different and a lot of time serving candidates and members were voted out. Perhaps because they have bigger ambitions than Labour right now.

No, the anoraks will always be there, always have been there and always will be there. Mostly polytechnic lecturers.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:55 am

Chi_Rup wrote:It's really boring. There are blokes with thin beards who've been waiting for this since the 80s: they learn the party rules and talk from the floor until everyone else leaves, then they have a vote.

The Richmond one is old duffers and anti-Blair student types. Very boring and pointless. It's all "austerity" whatever that means and Iraq (still!).

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:44 pm

I recognise those people who you're all talking about! I worked for Amnesty International in the late 80's as Shop Stewards' Committee assistant. Took all the minutes at union and shop steward meetings, put the agendas together, did the filing. Put me off joining all kinds of organisations.

Was speaking to a work colleague yesterday who's a Labour councillor, she said they've suspended meetings until September because of all the nasty shit - death threats, etc., that's going on.

Won't bother joining until then, save some money.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Except Angela eagles constituency met, in the pub to slag her off and Corbyn joined them by phone. He should be suspended for that.

The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient

Post by The Mallard Missie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Corbyn is a cunt.

'Jeremy Corbyn appointed an MP to the Shadow Cabinet without telling her and while she was undergoing treatment for cancer, it has been claimed.

Thangam Debbonaire, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, made the allegations in a post on social media. She wrote: “Dear everyone who has asked me what my problems are with Corbyn's leadership, Here is my experience.

“Mr Corbyn appointed me and press released this without my knowledge or consent whilst I was in the middle of cancer treatment. He then sacked me the next day when he realized he had given away part of someone else's role. But didn't bother to tell me that either.

“By then my office had been besieged by press and the story was out that I was Shadow Minister. I decided to make the best of it and to serve. I worked on his Arts policy whilst I was still having treatment but in Bristol.

“When I went back to Westminster, I discovered that he had sacked me but hadn't told me and did not have any ideas for how I was supposed to explain it to Bristol West members or constituents.”

Ms Debbonaire, who represents the Bristol West constituency, was diagnosed with breast cancer six weeks after winning the seat in the May 2015 election.

She began treatment shortly after and began working part time to balance treatment with constituency duties, before returning to the House of Commons in March of this year.

She said that MP Maria Eagle intervened following her surprise sacking from the front bench and told Mr Corbyn he could reappoint her in order for her to continue in the brief, which she did until resigning following the EU referendum.

After her resignation, she joined 171 other MPs in a non-confidence vote against him.

She added: “The reason I then voted no confidence in him as leader is because I have no confidence in him as leader. See above. Plus I had found out from other front bench women how unwilling and unable Corbyn is to communicate with, listen to or work with anyone outside his narrow group.”

Ms Debbonaire said that she “profoundly wished” that she would not have to discuss the issue publically but had decided that people: “have a right to know the truth about what Corbyn’s leadership is like.”

Tensions are escalating within the Labour party as Angela Eagle and Owen Smith are both mounting leadership challenges. Mr Corbyn has pledged to continue in the role despite opposition from MPs, as he retains support among party members.'
The Duck Delusion

Tomska
Stew Ingredient

Post by Tomska » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

The Eagle Has Flown. So now it's Obi Wan Corbyn vs Owen "More Blairite than Blair" Smith. I think we can guess how that's going to go...
Ya mama got a glass eye with a fish in it.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Isn't the critical thing that he voted against the Iraq war which, ludicrously, still seems to be an issue for labour members. Still, I've paid my £25 so it won't be my fault.

The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient

Post by The Mallard Missie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:29 am

shunter wrote:Isn't the critical thing that he voted against the Iraq war which, ludicrously, still seems to be an issue for labour members. Still, I've paid my £25 so it won't be my fault.

No he didn't as he wasn't an MP then. My God, you do post a pile of complete elephant dung.
The Duck Delusion

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:10 pm

I stand corrected.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 am

You want to know why this is no end game?

Red Prince Stephen Kinnock:

Stephen Kinnock has been accused of hiding his daughter’s private education during his selection process for his seat. In 2014 Kinnock told Wales Online that “it is highly misleading to say that our daughter attended a private school”. Except Johanna Kinnock did attend a private school from 2013 to 2015, the prestigious £29,000-a-year Atlantic College in the Vale of Glamorgan. So it wasn’t “highly misleading”, it was the truth…

Kinnock is now spinning that he was talking about private schools in Denmark rather than Britain, and claims he wasn’t asked about her schooling here so he wasn’t telling porkies. If you believe that Guido has a Welsh valley to sell you. Atlantic College is located at the 12th century St Donat’s castle, where students enjoy the gothic dining hall, 25,000 book library, surrounding gardens and woodland, tennis courts and boat-building facilities. Can’t think why Labour’s Red Prince didn’t want to mention that to his CLP…

UPDATE: The BBC quote a Labour source in Kinnock’s Abevaron constituency as saying the revelation would have cost him the seat:

“It would have changed people’s perception, it would have made the difference. There was only one vote in it.”

H/T @jacothenorth

http://order-order.com/2016/07/27/242524/

Beyond contempt.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Owen smith has, rather unfortunately, threatened to assault Theresa May - metaphorically, like.

They're toast labour aren't they?

I'm just surprised the lib-dems aren't benefiting more.

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm not. What are they selling? Another referendum? The last one was such fun.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Well on the face of it a centrist pro-Europe party would stand to gain from pro-eu Tory voters non-swivel eyed (hi bandra!) ex-labour voters.

Mr_Fraud
Stew Ingredient

Post by Mr_Fraud » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Wow no posts for weeks when we could have so much fun with Labour, that sad, so fed up, boo sucks. Where to start, Labour cant even organise security for its own conference, instead they think it maybe be wiser to pay Merseyside Police £60 per hour per copper as opposed to using private contractors at £9 per hour per man, yep I would trust them to to run an economy. Then we have Traingate, regardless of the what, where whys and when that the office of HNG opposition could not even book train tickets with reservations marks them out as a shower. Oh and the other idiot, lets rerun the referendum as the electorate did not understand the question, are thick and its not fair, yep thats a winning argument. Have I forgot something are Labour forging ahead in the polls, 20% ahead and getting the country talking, nope they are relegated to opinion pieces in the Guardian about how best to split the party, I mean even the Mirror the most partisan non critical Labour newspaper have given up and openly lambaste Corbyn.

Buckle in, enjoy the break up, which side gets to keep Diana Abbott?
Was your mom on thalidomide or something? Logg, charming man that he is.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 pm

What is there left to say? They're a joke. I reckon they'll poll around 28% in the general election. 30% if they ditch Corbyn.

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kilombo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 pm

After the Brexit the title of the OP applies to the UK
Prost!

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:00 am

Conference set to be cancelled - can't find a security firm!

Shadow chancellor accused his own party of a purge.

Corbyn again refused to confirm that he would honour his Nato obligations

Labour is definitely more farcical than trump - that's how bad things are

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:07 am

Just cancelled my membership, just couldn't live a lie any longer. It was sadly the lack of a third write in "you're all twats" option on the leadership voting form.

Have you seen it? All Owen Smith's nominees are MPs, all Jeremy's are constituency parties. It should never have got like this.