Somebody did something apparently

Main Course
User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 am

a view probably not uncommon among Muslims and leftists.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 am

Someone did something opaquely too. No one knows what it was, though. It's a big secret.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 60332
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 am

harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 am
a view probably not uncommon among Muslims and leftists.
She's a real peach. And dumb as a rock, but with the ability to lie to herself with aplomb.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am

She's as American as apple pie. Bigots.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 am

She is more of an American than any of you three.

And that Orange Skinned Bastard in the White House should be doing something besides Tweeting ridiculous bullshit.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30640
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by andybox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 am

Someone post a link to this please, i've got no idea what any of you are talking about.
But the worst crime I ever did
Was play some rock n roll.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 am

Here's something the rightards hate, full context!

"Salam alaikum (hello), everyone. I also want the light so I could see your beautiful faces. I am truly, truly, truly honored for the opportunity to be here with all of you. It's been a really hard week for the Muslim community. And I feel extremely lucky to to be here in California with all of you — fighting for justice, for equality, for the right for us to equally exist in this country.

"Many people expect our community to feel like it needs to hide every time something happens. But repeatedly, we have shown them that we are not to be bullied. We are not to be threatened. We are not to be terrorized. We are strong, resilient and we will always show up to be ourselves, because we know we have a right to a dignified existence and a dignified life.

"The other thing that is exciting to me to be in this room is that there are very fascinating people outside, who, for so many years, have spoken about an Islam that is oppressive, an Islam that lessens and isolates its women, and today they gather outside to protest a Muslim woman who is in Congress. I mean the irony, the irony in that is very entertaining to me.

"I know many of them drove miles to get here, spent a lot of energy and resources and money to purchase the signs that they have. But I don't think any of them realize that people like myself and many of the people in this room can care less about what they have to say, because we know who we are and where we belong and what we stand for.

"So we are coming off a tragic, tragic nightmare that has happened to Muslims in New Zealand. Many of us know that this is not a one-off incident. Many of us were not shocked or surprised. Many of us were kind of holding our breath for a really long time thinking when will something like this happen. Because many of us have experienced threats in our mosques, in our schools, even for our individual leaders. Many of us have witnessed bombings of mosques. Many of us have seen mosques set on fire. Many people, a few years ago, watched in horror as gunmen showed up to Irving, Texas, at a mosque, threatening Muslims. So, we all, we all kind of knew that this was happening.

"But the reason I think that many of us knew that this was going to get worse is that we finally have a leader, a world leader, in the White House, who publicly says Islam hates us, who fuels hate against Muslims, who thinks it is okay to speak about a faith and a whole community in a way that is dehumanizing, vilifying, and doesn't understand — or at least makes us want to think that he doesn't understand — the consequences that his words might have.

"Some people like me know that he understands the consequences. He knows that there are people that he can influence to threaten our lives, to diminish our presence.

"But what we know, and what Islam teaches us, and what I always say, is that love trumps hate. Every time we feel threatened, we show up with love, and others stand with us in solidarity. We have seen that with the Muslim ban, a very hateful policy that has now been fully implemented, one that is going to leave a stain in our nation's history. When the ban was first announced Muslims across this country rushed out to stand against it and everyone else in all of our communities showed up alongside us.

"We also know that when this last shooting happened, even though leaders, non-Muslim leaders, said people should not go to Jumu'ah (Friday) prayers, people should not show up at their mosques, we knew, we knew that the only way we will continue is for all of us to show up. And even if you were not planning on going to Jumu'ah prayer that Friday, you were going to Jumu'ah prayer. And we knew that others within our communities will also show up. Because that is how it works. Once you are willing to stand up for yourself, once you recognize what your rights are, what you should be entitled to, then others will show up for you.

"Liberation, it's not an external thing. It's an internal thing. People always say to me, how have you gotten empowered? And I say I was born this way. It is not about how others make us feel. It is what we tell ourselves, that we are worthy. So when you know, as a Muslim, that advancing justice is very inherent in you, when you know as a Muslim our faith’s initial foundations were built by a prophet who was vilified, had stones and fruit and all kind of things thrown at him, a prophet who had to make a pilgrimage and leave his home, then you know that when Ilhan is facing some controversy, that that is not something to be afraid of.

"We might be headed to the promised land of speaking the truth and finding our external liberty once we internally liberate ourselves. Muslims for a really long time in this country have been told that there is a privilege that we are given and that it might be taken away. We are told that we should be appropriate. We should go to school, get an education, raise our children, and not bother anyone, not make any kind of noise. Don't make anyone uncomfortable. Be a good Muslim.

"But no matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us. (Aside) You can clap for that. So the truth is you can go to school and be a good student. You can listen to your dad and mom and become a doctor. You can have that beautiful wedding that makes Mom and Dad happy. You can buy that beautiful house. But none of that stuff matters if you one day show up to the hospital, and your wife, or maybe yourself, is having a baby and you can't have the access that you need because someone doesn’t recognize you as fully human. It doesn't matter how good you were if you can't have your prayer mat and take your 15-minute break to go pray in a country that was founded on religious liberty.

"No matter how good you are, if you one day find yourself in a school where other religions are talked about, but when Islam is mentioned, we are only talking about terrorists and if you say something you are sent to the principal's office.

"So to me, I say, raise hell, make people uncomfortable. Because here's the truth: For too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and, frankly, I'm tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it.

"CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can't just say that today someone is looking at me strange, that I am going to try to make myself look pleasant. You have to say this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, I am going to go talk to them and ask them why. Because that is a right you have.

"So there are, there are people, and Hassan (Hassan Shibly, executive director of CAIR Florida, spoke the same evening) is on the right track, it's always good, right? I say you can't hate up close. You can't hate up close. Anytime you have an opportunity to go talk to someone, the chances of them hating you lessens. So that is a practice we should all adopt.

"But the one thing that is always been very fascinating to me — and Hassan and I were talking about this before I came down here — is that there are always these folks who have ayat (Koranic verses) prepared in their head, as part of their talking points, and I don't think, I mean I'm not a hafiz (someone who has memorized the Koran), I don't know. I don't know what chapter 4:135 says in the Koran. Any Muslim in here know what that is? No? Okay … that's expected, I suppose, but it goes right into they're always quoting these ayat numbers, and I'm like, I really don't know, let me get back to you. I don't even know how to google that yet. But there was a woman — again we're not going to mention — and she was talking to Hassan outside. He went to go talk to her, because Hassan is brave like that. And so in their conversation she's like saying all of these chapter numbers, and ayat numbers, verse numbers, and chapter numbers, and I thought about (it), and I said, you know, we should like just kind of do that. I started a practice and I'm hoping Muslims who were elected around the country would just do this. I tweet out verses of the Koran. I say salam alaikum (peace), and alhamdulillah (praise be God) and I'll tweet back at people astaghfirullah (sorry). I mean, I'm trying to make sure that people are googling these words. I never really put the definition there, because I want them to get comfortable as they google what what they mean. So, I was thinking that I should think about maybe some ayats that kind of explain why someone like me exists.

"To me it is really important because there is not enough conversation rooted in the fact that advocacy, fighting for justice, standing up for what is right, is very inherently Islamic.

"So for those of you who want to google this ayat, it's in chapter 4:135. And I'll paraphrase it: This ayat says that as Muslims we are called on, right, to stand up for justice and to speak the truth, even if it is against ourselves, our parents, and our close relatives.

"If Hassan was up here, he would probably say in Arabic, but I'm a work in progress, so that's all I’ve got.

"And so when people you know are having these conversations with me and they say you know, Ilhan, why do you criticize Muslims who were doing something? What is your problem with Arab countries, why are you always talking about this particular country and you're not talking about that particular country? My choice of a country to talk about, it's not my preference of country, it is based on what country is violating basic human rights.

"So it doesn't matter if that country is being run by my father, my brother, my sister, I will still criticize that country because I know every country is capable of living up to their best. Every leader has the ability to lead with compassion, to lead with justice. So it is important for us to recognize that and to make sure that we're not only holding people that we don't like accountable. We must also hold those that we love, have shared values with, accountable.

"And so I am again very grateful to have the opportunity to be in a room like this, with all of you. As an elected Muslim in Congress I feel the weight of responsibility that I have, to not live up to the name of being a Muslim but live up to the ideals of what it means to be a Muslim.

"And I know as an American member of Congress, I have to make sure that I am living up to the ideals of fighting for liberty and justice. Those are very much rooted in the reason why my family came here.

"And so, regardless of how hard Washington might get for me, or your neighborhoods might get for you, you have to always remember that we have a mission as humans to love one another, to care for our neighbors, to raise compassionate children, and to fully, every single day, show up and make sure that we are furthering justice.

"Thank you so much for having me, and have a great night."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... something/
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21440
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

At best, she didn’t pick her words very well.

But at least the threats she’s received are only words that somebody wrote.
Minute by minute, mile by mile, nothing that we do causes greater or more easily avoidable harm to the environment than flying, which more often than not is optional or merely recreational.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 am

So far, but you know conservatives are prone to violence.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:36 am

Exactly. By the way, I like that she cited chapter 4:135. However, being conservative and prone to violence, I prefer 4:34.

User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30640
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by andybox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 am

Are posters in this forum uncomfortable about having a Muslim in congress? That's a shame.
But the worst crime I ever did
Was play some rock n roll.

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

Not really. The main issue is that she seems a few fries short of a Happy Meal. People shouldn't let her off the hook just because she is diverse.

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 am

andybox wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 am
Are posters in this forum uncomfortable about having a Muslim in congress? That's a shame.
You don’t have a problem with adherents to a supremacist cult having to justify their faith?

Why am I not surprised by that?
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 am

Christianity isn’t a cult anymore.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 am

LonelyTeaPot wrote:Not really. The main issue is that she seems a few fries short of a Happy Meal. People shouldn't let her off the hook just because she is diverse.
In what way?

It’s not even clear in context that she’s talking about the 9-11 hijackers.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am

I can’t remember a leftist ever describing a critic of Christianity as a christianaphobe.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
andybox
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 30640
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by andybox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:04 am

harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 am
andybox wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 am
Are posters in this forum uncomfortable about having a Muslim in congress? That's a shame.
You don’t have a problem with adherents to a supremacist cult having to justify their faith?

Why am I not surprised by that?
You mean Catholics?
But the worst crime I ever did
Was play some rock n roll.

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 am

Godjira wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 am

It’s not even clear in context that she’s talking about the 9-11 hijackers.
Indeed it could be about about a broad range of issue from religious freedom and the killing of apostates, to the stoning of faggits because none of these things ever have anything to do with Islam according to Islams leftist groupies.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am

harry_flashman wrote:I can’t remember a leftist ever describing a critic of Christianity as a christianaphobe.
That’s because it’s not an irrational fear, like your hysterical anti-Muslim bullshit and lies.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21440
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 am

LonelyTeaPot wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am
Not really. The main issue is that she seems a few fries short of a Happy Meal. People shouldn't let her off the hook just because she is diverse.
It’s the paradox of modern-leftism.
Minute by minute, mile by mile, nothing that we do causes greater or more easily avoidable harm to the environment than flying, which more often than not is optional or merely recreational.

User avatar
Mike Hunt
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1934
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Mike Hunt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 am

Am I supposed to know what you are talking about?
Mike

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 am

TRUMP TOLT US MUSLIMS BAD
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Mike Hunt
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1934
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Mike Hunt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am

I figured it had to do with either gays or Muslims because of hairy's fetishes.
Mike

User avatar
guruwil
vegemite flavored maple syrup
Posts: 27642
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:44 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by guruwil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 am

harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am
I can’t remember a leftist ever describing a critic of Christianity as a christianaphobe.
Really, I have been tweeting about a high profile football player here who will be fired from his team because he was posting Christian propaganda against gays and others, against the terms of his contract. I have been supporting his sacking and the torrent of abuse I get claiming I am victimizing Christians and discriminating against Christians is incredible. Who knew they had such a persecution complex.
An it harm none, do what ye will

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.
judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!
jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one
“shunter” wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Guru is bang on the money here.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Andrea1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am

Yeh but were any of the critics lefties? Is the point. Were any?

User avatar
guruwil
vegemite flavored maple syrup
Posts: 27642
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:44 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by guruwil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am

Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am
Yeh but were any of the critics lefties? Is the point. Were any?
Who knows, but I doubt it.
An it harm none, do what ye will

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.
judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!
jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one
“shunter” wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Guru is bang on the money here.

User avatar
incognita
red fanged She-devil
Posts: 20835
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by incognita » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am

Harry is only proving Omar's point, as are Trump and the rest of them.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

8645

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am

guruwil wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:13 am
harry_flashman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am
I can’t remember a leftist ever describing a critic of Christianity as a christianaphobe.
I have been supporting his sacking and the torrent of abuse I get claiming I am victimizing Christians and discriminating against Christians is incredible. Who knew they had such a persecution complex.
I suspect its more to do with being lectured by a bunch of bigoted culturally superior white middle class wankers like yourself.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Her? Hillary/Omar

Post by WhosieWho » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm

She's the Problem, NOT the Solution.

Her followers don't "get it" still.
Oh, Milky wonder, sing for us once more,
Live your life, everlusting joy.
Thrust your hooves up my analytic passage,
Enjoy my fruits. - Beto

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18888
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by DCComic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:26 pm

LonelyTeaPot wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am
Not really. The main issue is that she seems a few fries short of a Happy Meal. People shouldn't let her off the hook just because she is diverse.
What exactly do you have an issue with?
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

A lot, but then again, I have been hypnotised by Israel.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18888
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by DCComic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Can you be specific?
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

vanceen
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2661
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by vanceen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 pm

After reading the full quote, I think less of her than I did before.

User avatar
LonelyTeaPot
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by LonelyTeaPot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:41 pm

I agree, the context makes it even worse, her speech is quite divisive. She has a history of saying silly things, of making antisemitic remarks, of provoking people. And now she's trivialised the worst terror attack on American soil - "somebody did something". How much worse can it get? Everybody else would be kicked out of their party or at least severely criticised, but she's always given a free pass by some people because of #MagnificentHeadgear.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 70523
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Godjira » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm

What is divisive in that speech?

What is silly?

Are you sure she is talking about 9-11 there? I am not, at least, not from the context of this speech.

There are plenty of other people out there who say much worse things, and no one is calling for their ejection from the party

#whitepeoplecandonowrong #Europeforwhitesonly
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

vanceen
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2661
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by vanceen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm

LonelyTeaPot wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:41 pm
I agree, the context makes it even worse, her speech is quite divisive. She has a history of saying silly things, of making antisemitic remarks, of provoking people. And now she's trivialised the worst terror attack on American soil - "somebody did something". How much worse can it get? Everybody else would be kicked out of their party or at least severely criticised, but she's always given a free pass by some people because of #MagnificentHeadgear.
I thought the anti-Semitism accusations were hyped and unfair. What she said was clearly anti-Israel, and I didn't agree with it, but I didn't see it as anti-Semitic. And I had a reasonably positive impression of her manner, even if I had zero overlap with her political views.

She's picking up the popular theme of group identitiy and victimhood above all else. I'm a classic liberal, and I think that road leads to nothing good.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 60284
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by polardude1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Perhaps hre would be wide to choose her words more wisely. She sounds too much like DCComic
DCComic's wish for 2019: 1 canister 1 Jew

User avatar
WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Identity Politics and that Mantle of Victimhood

Post by WhosieWho » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Some Addicts are starting to do that; disgusting.

The number of women who feel its perfectly acceptable to talk about "toxic masculinity" in public is astounding. Feminist political misandry is now a thing, too: it will bite the Dems on the *ss!
Oh, Milky wonder, sing for us once more,
Live your life, everlusting joy.
Thrust your hooves up my analytic passage,
Enjoy my fruits. - Beto

User avatar
incognita
red fanged She-devil
Posts: 20835
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by incognita » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm

What happens if she is right, that muslims are a target of hate and discrimination? They should just shut up and stay in their place?
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

8645

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18888
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by DCComic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:31 pm

incognita wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm
What happens if she is right, that muslims are a target of hate and discrimination? They should just shut up and stay in their place?
Identity Politics!
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 60332
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am
Yeh but were any of the critics lefties? Is the point. Were any?
Lots are, including some of her fellow Magic Deists in Congress, who have come out publicly against her.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 60284
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by polardude1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Where's Jim?
DCComic's wish for 2019: 1 canister 1 Jew

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11119
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Logg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm

vanceen wrote:After reading the full quote, I think less of her than I did before.
Indeed. The epitome of identity politics.

She’s short with people, very opinionated, and not very articulate. Not a good combo with identity politics. The baby talk gets old quick.

To show just how stupid our modern media culture is, they play her comment about cair being founded after 911 all day, and no one has bothered to mention that Cair was actually founded in the 1990s.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm
Andrea1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am
Yeh but were any of the critics lefties? Is the point. Were any?
Lots are, including some of her fellow Magic Deists in Congress, who have come out publicly against her.
Has she spoken out against the sultan like that self proclaimed social justice warrior Linda sarsour?
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 60332
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm

No. Sarsour, Omar and Tlaib are three Marxist, psychotic Sunni peas in a pod.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:17 pm

The Whitewashing of Linda Sarsour

The world must be upside down when liberal media outlets celebrate Linda Sarsour as a courageous Muslim feminist fighting against the evil forces of the far-right. “Feminist activist Linda Sarsour has become one of the far right’s favorite targets,” Newsweek tweeted on Saturday. The same week, The New York Times ran a piece headlined, “A Muslim-American activist’s speech raises ire even before it’s delivered,” depicting Sarsour as a victim of the anti-free speech crowd.

The whitewashing of Sarsour by liberal media outlets is quite extraordinary given her controversial record as an activist. Although she has over the years deleted many of her most notorious comments, the picture that emerges is that of anything but a feminist and defender of free speech.

“Sharia law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics,” Sarsour wrote on social media in 2011. That would be the same fundamentalist Islamic code that is enslaving, mutilating, and killing hundreds of millions of Muslims and non-Muslims across the Islamic world. Let’s go, as Linda demands, into details for a moment.

Brunei, a small oil-rich sultanate bordering Malaysia and the South China Sea, known as a popular tourist’s destination, is currently in the process of implementing full Sharia law for all citizens regardless of religious denomination. Draconian punishments such as amputation of hands for theft and floggings for indecent behavior have already been initiated. Phase three is expected to come into effect in 2018 and includes the most severe punishments. Adultery, abortion, homosexuality, apostasy and blasphemy will all be punishable by death, including stoning.

Now that we have more gory details than most of us wanted to digest, perhaps Linda can explain what exactly is “reasonable” about chopping off limbs and stoning women to death.

Especially since she has named herself the gatekeeper who’s deciding who can be a feminist and who can’t. Sarsour recently stated that those who identify as Zionist can’t be feminist because they are ignoring the rights of Palestinian women. That seems rich coming from a supporter of the inescapably misogynistic Sharia law.

Zionism is the belief that Jews, like any other people, deserve a homeland. In other words, acknowledging the state of Israel’s right to exist — the country with the best record, by far, on women’s rights in the entire region.

Sarsour’s support for strict Islamic laws doesn’t stop with Sharia. Sarsour is also a well-known advocate for the hijab, a piece of cloth she celebrates as a symbol of liberation, usually with the support of misguided third wave feminists.

But wearing the hijab is no achievement. In the West, women are free to wear whatever they like. It is the beauty of a free society. And a free society shouldn’t celebrate a symbol that in many parts of the world stands for a culture of dehumanization. Ask Iranian women forced into a modesty culture by the Islamic Revolution of 1979. Or their sisters suffering under the Taliban in Afghanistan. Or the Yazidi minority enslaved by Islamic State in Iraq. For them, religious modesty codes are no sign of liberation. They are the epitome of their oppression.

But Sarsour has little regard for victims of Islamic extremism, as she demonstrated with her crass and obnoxious abuse directed at other activists. “Brigitte Gabriel = Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She’s asking 4 an a$$ whippin’. I wish I could take their vaginas away- they don’t deserve to be women,” Sarsour wrote on Twitter in 2011.

Ali, who was born a Muslim in Somalia, escaped an arranged marriage and was subjected to female genital mutilation. She has since become one of the leading voices of the ex-Muslim movement. “She hates me because I expose what Sharia law is,” Ali said in response to Sarsour in an interview on Fox News. ”And what Sharia law is, is what the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria is doing,” she added.

Although Sarsour has since deleted her comment, her views on female genital mutilation remain evasive. She recently refused to answer a question on the subject because it was asked by a “white male” student at Dartmouth College. The audience applauded her.

Imagine for a moment a white male student refusing interaction with Sarsour, a brown Muslim woman, based on the color of her skin. The liberal media would have run extra editions on how Sarsour, the brave Muslim feminist, had become the subject of vile racist abuse by the far-right. But apparently racism is a one way street.

In a just world, criticism of Sarsour wouldn’t be about identity politics anyway. She would be condemned by left and right as a matter of principle – a united moral opposition to her amoral views. But the world is not just and so the whitewashing of Sarsour continues.

Linda Sarsour is not a feminist. She supports a culture that is forcing millions of women into religious slavery. She is a false apostle selling her regressive views to a blinded liberal audience.

Enough of it.

Signed,

A true feminist
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11506
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by harry_flashman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm

She is a false apostle selling her regressive views to a blinded liberal audience
seems like the useful idiots just can't help themselves
Last edited by harry_flashman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 58691
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by eric84 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Logg wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm
vanceen wrote:After reading the full quote, I think less of her than I did before.
Indeed. The epitome of identity politics.

She’s short with people, very opinionated, and not very articulate. Not a good combo with identity politics. The baby talk gets old quick.

To show just how stupid our modern media culture is, they play her comment about cair being founded after 911 all day, and no one has bothered to mention that Cair was actually founded in the 1990s.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it was fact checked in the radio story I heard this morning that CAIR was formed in 1994 but did have a surge in membership after 911. She's combative and frank but she's not helping the party or the things she cares about it with this approach.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Zamuel
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1816
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by Zamuel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm

LonelyTeaPot wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am
She's as American as apple pie. Bigots.
That's really all there is to it . . . Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and yes Muslims, are integral parts of American Politics 2019. Their critics are far behind the times and straining to maintain their fantasy of 'White = Right."
"Life is not like a box of chocolates, it's a jalapeno. What you do today will bite you in the ass tomorrow."

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 27121
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Somebody did something apparently

Post by cowtown » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm

shameful
Image

Post Reply