Uncle Tom: an apology to the Board from Bandraboy

Obama-Biden or McCain-Palin? Or Paul-Hulka?
Stew Ingredient

Uncle Tom: an apology to the Board from Bandraboy

Postby Wellpisser » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:48 am

I said that "Uncle Tom" would be an insult used against Obama (actually I think it was Uncle Tombama") but it seems that Pilger had already used that line:

http://www.johnpilger.com/page.asp?partid=471

Nothing has changed. Barack Obama is a glossy Uncle Tom who would bomb Pakistan

The Grauniad has a CiF piece on it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/nov/30/obama-white-house-barackobama

Modern Leftits

Postby equus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:40 am

loki wrote:
I'm quite the leftie bit

No, Janie, you're not the lefty bit, you're a conservative. It's plainly obvious to everyone here.

And you're a danish vegan.
Let no one build walls to divide us
Walls of hatred nor walls of stone
Come greet the dawn and stand beside us
We'll live together or we'll die alone

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:34 am

loki wrote:yes, that's correct. You're point being?

Liep!
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby VinceFoster » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:34 am

I agree with Pilger when he states in the middle of his own piece that "none of this drivel is journalism".

An astounding bit of self awareness on his part.

Mayor McCheese

Postby Citizen Baba » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 am

Lord knows Pilger is a classy guy.

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:33 am

Pilger should be at the end of a pointy stick.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Vince » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 pm

I'ts unfair to characterise "the left" by the words of one man: Pilger. And that is I belive the inference that we are invited to draw. So the statement: "Obama will be accused of being an Uncle Tom" is literally true if we take it to mean at least on person will but that statement is iI believe intended to imply that "large sections of the left" will accuse Obama.

Otherwise we're just in geo or meth or po territiry when one mans utterances suposedly prove half the world is deluded.
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Nader already beat him to it and I commented on it then
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Vince wrote:I'ts unfair to characterise "the left" by the words of one man: Pilger. And that is I belive the inference that we are invited to draw. So the statement: "Obama will be accused of being an Uncle Tom" is literally true if we take it to mean at least on person will but that statement is iI believe intended to imply that "large sections of the left" will accuse Obama.

Otherwise we're just in geo or meth or po territiry when one mans utterances suposedly prove half the world is deluded.

Who is talking about "the left"?

Frostbite or verbals?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Vince » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:47 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Vince wrote:I'ts unfair to characterise "the left" by the words of one man: Pilger. And that is I belive the inference that we are invited to draw. So the statement: "Obama will be accused of being an Uncle Tom" is literally true if we take it to mean at least on person will but that statement is iI believe intended to imply that "large sections of the left" will accuse Obama.

Frostbite or verbals?

Well you're extrapolating from one m,ans view to make a wider point and I'm disputing the validity of that. If your point is nothing more than John pilger is a nutter then we'd all agree with you but you are attempting to make a wider point, no?

No idea what your last sentence refers to?
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Vince wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:

Frostbite or verbals?

Well you're extrapolating from one m,ans view to make a wider point and I'm disputing the validity of that. If your point is nothing more than John pilger is a nutter then we'd all agree with you but you are attempting to make a wider point, no?

No, I was informing the Board that my prediction was wrong, Obmama had already been called an "Uncle Tom"
No idea what your last sentence refers to?

Its a line from the scene in your avatar.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 pm

We all know you're a race card throwing, cunt. If you care to apologize for that, I accept. I hope everybody else has the class to do the same.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Cardboard Celt wrote:We all know you're a race card throwing, cunt. If you care to apologize for that, I accept. I hope everybody else has the class to do the same.

Oh look Shameless Uncool the Plastic Paddy has just dribbled all over the thread.

Get fucked you bigotted piece of shit.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Truth hurts
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:39 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:Truth hurts

You must be quite wounded. Snivelling little shit.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm bleeding all over. :roll:

Stew Ingredient

Postby crossfire » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Pilger is still kicking around? That self-righteous jackass is an embarrassment to the Left and easily falls into the caricature of the emibodiment of the Looney Left.
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

Return to US Presidential Election 2008