obama birth certificate lawsuit dismissed

Obama-Biden or McCain-Palin? Or Paul-Hulka?
Stew Ingredient

Postby q5q » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:36 pm

mutha is fixing
bodhisattva of sweetness, lite, and moist since 2001; dave_of_daves, whisperer_of_catsups

Vince wrote:
I'm never angry except with q5q who is a despicable abortion.

d&c
arbour zena: keith jarrett, charlie haden, jan gabarek, stuttgart rad orc

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 am

That guy's a nutcase
most of the Hillarybots are
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lavite » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 pm

It wasn't a unreasonable request to have Obama provide proof of american birth as it's a requirement for the position of president. Makes you wonder if Obama is hiding something.
I was Deplorable before it was cool.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Ped_Yai » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:17 pm

It wasn't a unreasonable request to have Obama provide proof of american birth as it's a requirement for the position of president.

All people born on US soil are natural born citizens (with very limited exceptions such as for ambassadors' kids).

Somehow, this Constitutional amendment from 1866, which says NOTHING about the qualifications to be President (it was designed to FORECLOSE the argument that newly-freed slaves were NOT U.S. citizens) , has become inverted in the popular mindset to read "Anyone born OUTSIDE U.S. soil is OTHER THAN a natural born citizen".

This legally non-existant rule is and then applied to the original 1789 requirements that a President be a 'natural born citizen" to come up with the FAKE "constitutional" requirement that a US President must be born on U.S. soil.

There are only two ways to be a citizen -- you are born that way, or you undergo a legal/bureaucratic process called "Naturalization".

Children of US citizens who are born overseas -- such as Ped Noi 2.0 --are citizens AT BIRTH. They do not have to go through the legal/bureaucratic process called "Naturalization" -- although IIRC there are some exceptions if they do not return to the US after some longish period of time like a decade.

So what else could they be other than "natural-born citizens"? Unnaturally born citizens?

Another "homemade" argument is if you are born overseas and only ONE of your parents is a US citizen, then you are not a "natural born citizen" -- this begs the same question, then how did you get citizenship, unnaturally?
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:07 am

Lavite wrote:It wasn't a unreasonable request to have Obama provide proof of american birth as it's a requirement for the position of president.

He provided his birth certificate, which was all that was required. Apparently that wasn't enough for some......
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

red fanged She-devil

Postby incognita » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:56 am

Apparently that wasn't enough for some......

The idiocy of some of the things written about this (on other forums) makes me despair for the future of our country. People really seem to have no concept of the law, of civics, or even the fact that a certificate of live birth = a birth certificate, and that originals are kept in a secure location with very restricted access.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Stew Ingredient

Postby q5q » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:41 am

obama was born at kapiolani hospital on oahu. my former homey worked there many years. real place; i used to drive her to/from work for years.

cooking breakfast for my mother the other day she asked 'what they're going to do about obama', which finally resolved to why he's been elected president since he was born in africa.

recently she asked my opinion on spontaneous human combustion.

still in the same ballpark, i see.
bodhisattva of sweetness, lite, and moist since 2001; dave_of_daves, whisperer_of_catsups

Vince wrote:
I'm never angry except with q5q who is a despicable abortion.

d&c
arbour zena: keith jarrett, charlie haden, jan gabarek, stuttgart rad orc

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:30 am

Dumb all over, black 'n' white
People, we is not wrapped tight.
--Frank Zappa
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Stew Ingredient

Postby foolsprogress » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:21 am

Lavite wrote:It wasn't a unreasonable request to have Obama provide proof of american birth as it's a requirement for the position of president.

He did. Months ago. He provided his birth certificate.
Let me live in a house by the side of the road...

Stew Ingredient

Postby Mindulge » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Which is more important, a birth certificate or an IQ test?

Let's amend the Constitution.

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Lavite wrote:It wasn't a unreasonable request to have Obama provide proof of american birth as it's a requirement for the position of president. Makes you wonder if Obama is hiding something.

it's a requirement that Obama provide the personal documents like birth cert to the federal election board (or whatever the govt body that oversee that these days), that doesn't mean everyone can have access at his personal documents....

Return to US Presidential Election 2008