Dubya now

Obama-Biden or McCain-Palin? Or Paul-Hulka?
Admin's Concubine

Dubya now

Postby pezworld » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 am

Is it me and my giddiness over his impending departure... or is he just a bit more likeable?

He's on CNN now and is very casual, saying some borderline humble and gracious things. He reacted nicely to Obama's election.

Regrets "Mission Accomplished" and "Bring em on."

Maybe he's giddy to be done with this and ready to get back to the ranch permanently.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 am

The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lavite » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 am

President Bush still has the potential to set a new record by starting a third war during his term. He could do something real stupid like attacking Iran. He still has some months to accomplish that.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 am

I really doubt he will. I wouldn't have said that six months ago. But he really seems to be on the glide path to Crawford.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

red fanged She-devil

Postby incognita » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:48 am

He seems kind of relieved that it's almost over. And kind of sad that it is too.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity

Re: Dubya now

Postby Electrolyte » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:43 am

pezworld wrote:Is it me and my giddiness over his impending departure... or is he just a bit more likeable?

He's on CNN now and is very casual, saying some borderline humble and gracious things. He reacted nicely to Obama's election.

He's quiet. That's what you like about him.

Imagine you're a little girl again and it's Thanksgiving. You have been running around the house all day being rowdy and misbehaving. The adults are a little bothered, but you don't care. You feel confident and excited.

Now your mom lets you carry the Thanksgiving turkey to the table. You walk out with the turkey and you trip. The whole platter goes flying across the dining room floor. The dog sees his chance and jumps the turkey. Everyone is mad at you.

Now you are silent. Dinner is ruined and everyone is mad at you. But when they look at you with your head down, afraid to speak, they feel sorry for you and feel a pang of sympathy.

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:45 am

he has seemed gracious and likable to me also
That's OK I can be appreciative of his behavior now but it doesn't change my views of him as a presisnt
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

Stew Ingredient

Postby UrbanII » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:47 am

He's been desmirked....
Paul Revere's warning about the British invasion: "The Beatles are coming, The Beatles are coming!"

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:48 am

President Bush still has the potential to set a new record by starting a third war during his term. He could do something real stupid like attacking Iran. He still has some months to accomplish that.

Nah...according to you guys (fucking nutters) Shrub was supposed to have started the war with Iran to effect the outcome of the election.

Never happened.

Neither did the capture of Osama bin Laden that was supposed to be the October surprise for the 04 election.

Always wrong....always crazy.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 am

Neither did the capture of Osama bin Laden that was supposed to be the October surprise for the 04 election.

The tape released the Fri before the election wasn't bad
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

Male Prostitute
Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Postby Fred Garvin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 am

Only for right wingers to start posting shit about Obama that they'd call people moonbats for posting it about Bush and the liberals/left wingers will defend it.
americanjoe needs to stop eating fortune cookies - tph24601

Bachelor # 1 looks like he knows how to do laundry, and wipes his ass properly. - Chip_Oatley

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:06 am

As much as I didn't like him as President, the guy had a world of shit fall on his shoulders the past eight years. He's probably relieved to be done with it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 am

I'll never fell the slightest sense of sympathy for a dim bulb that was thrust into a position far beyond his capabilities.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Argonheart_Po » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:21 am

They should have named that sewage plant after him.

A sewage plant serves a useful pupose - it clean up the shit nobody else will dirty their hands with and it keeps the community safe from harm.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:25 am

mutha is fixing
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby foolsprogress » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:35 am

Electrolyte wrote:
pezworld wrote:Is it me and my giddiness over his impending departure... or is he just a bit more likeable?

He's quiet. That's what you like about him.

Imagine you're a little girl again and it's Thanksgiving. You have been running around the house all day being rowdy and misbehaving. The adults are a little bothered, but you don't care. You feel confident and excited.

Now your mom lets you carry the Thanksgiving turkey to the table. You walk out with the turkey and you trip. The whole platter goes flying across the dining room floor. The dog sees his chance and jumps the turkey. Everyone is mad at you.

Now you are silent. Dinner is ruined and everyone is mad at you. But when they look at you with your head down, afraid to speak, they feel sorry for you and feel a pang of sympathy.

Wonderful analogy. Now I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy too.

Regrets "Mission Accomplished" and "Bring em on."

He may not regret the Mission Accomplished thing but I think he does regret the 'Bring it on' line. He sent a lot of boys to their deaths, incompetantly and unnecessarily. And I think he knows it. I don't think he'll attack Iran, at least not for mere political purposes. He already has too much blood on his hands.
Let me live in a house by the side of the road...

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:37 am

Yeah it's a bit of regret that he got caught.

But it wasn't that long ago that he couldn't name a single regret. Or wouldn't.

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:38 am

That pig fucking whore can go hang himself for all I care. He's a fucking retard who should never have been allowed to operate motor vehicle let alone, in a million years, be allowed anywhere near the white house. I'd like to beat him with a pipe and then set him on fire.
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

Instigator

Postby cuchulainn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 am

Didn't he promise to get Osama bin Laden dead or alive?

He fucked that up. He's a failure of a president and if I saw him I would tell him to fuck himself.

Stew Ingredient

Postby leelee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:46 am

They should have named that sewage plant after him.

Then i'd have to see his name everytime i drove by that place. :x

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:00 am

I like him.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:Always wrong....always crazy.

in a thread about Bush commenting about his own performances in the last 8 years, somehow it's quite fitting that Scotty came up with this at the end of his post.....

Stew Ingredient

Postby Cisco » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 pm

He always has been a likable and decent man. You're only beginning to notice and acknowledge that now since he's on his way out and no longer a political opponent.

To the left, every Republican in office is automatically Satan.

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:45 pm

And to the right, every Republican in office is a saint.

You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Stew Ingredient

Postby methuselah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:And to the right, every Republican in office is a saint.

I'm going to love watching you defend your guy when things start popping. We'll see what your made of.
If you look out your window as the sun's going down, I'll be there by the side of the road, And I'll ride you away from the dirty down town, An ne'er again leave you alone
T-Bone Burnett

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Cisco wrote:
To the left, every Republican in office is automatically Satan.

yes, the republicans treated Bill Clinton with so much bipartisan goodwill....

of course the difference for Clinton is that voters actually gives him high approval ratings at the end of his term, unlike the current Idiot in Chief....

Stew Ingredient

Postby pauldeba » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Didn't he promise to get Osama bin Laden dead or alive?

He fucked that up.

You still think that guy's alive? you can't be serious. a fake video and a few fake audios are not "alive". He's still been dead for almost 7 years.

Stew Ingredient

Postby BulletPark » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:52 pm

I have always hated Cheney, Rove and that fat shit-slurping cunt Rush Limbaugh far more than Bush.

Bush will spend the rest of his days a burnt-out shell of a man. The three porkers above are already moving on to the next buffet.

Stew Ingredient

Postby kirrabi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:07 pm

His administration has utterly destroyed everything that Reagan and Gingrich built. He has said some of the stupidiest things in front of the cameras: "Bring it on, this crusade, I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style".

As f he couldn't top himself the FOX interview with Cris Wallace where he said he'll let history judge him. He'll let the Presidents who follow him try and work it out and if they succeed, Bush can say, "See, it all worked out. I was right".

If they sold tickets to punch him in the stomach, I'd buy three.

He's said he's kept America safe so some time in the future, when it's no longer a national security issue, I'd like to read about the number of plots our security agencies uncovered and thwarted.

This administration has shown it can playhardball and yet there are times when Bush does not come out and defend his policies. He doesn't engage the Democrats. He doesn't explain. You'd like to think he doesn't want to get petty, but it comes off as what has been termed "bunker mentality".

The guy has definetely been hammered non-stop even when he's been right. He's done a poor job defending his policies. He has relied on talk radio to defend them. Not all Americans listen to talk radio. Besides talk radio is not an entirely civil stage upon which his policies should be soley defended.

He prosmised no adventurism when he campaigned in 2000. He should have fought the war on terror via regional allies. That's how it has been done in the past. Then we could have avoided the nation building morass we are in today. Bill Maher and Rosey O'Donnell can complain about how we supply guns to criminals all they want. It's not like we haven't heard it before: left-backed good, right-backed bad.

Overall he's done a crappy job administering. It's not that the position was too big for him it's that he took on too much. He would have been a fine domestic issue oriented President, a stay at home President.
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – A passage from Legends of the Duck

Hamburglar

Postby salmonid » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Fuck him. The true depths of his shittiness as president have yet to be felt.
Last edited by salmonid on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:18 pm

BulletPark wrote:Bush will spend the rest of his days a burnt-out shell of a man.

I disagree. I think he'll be quite happy on his ranch, and in his occasional forays out into the world playing elder statesman, to the extent anyone will want him.

He can make a handsome living just giving speeches to friendly audiences, same as always. I really doubt he'll spend his life with regrets.

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 pm

I really doubt he'll spend his life with regrets.

I agree.he has never shown himself to be introspective

Winston Churchill

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 pm

pez, if that's the same CNN interview I saw... he said he was going back to Texas and he was going to write a book.

I thought it was interesting when asked what he was most proud of as accomplishments and if there was anything he regretted, he was able to answer the regrets question (as many stated above) but when it came to accomplishments he didn't say one thing about anything he had done. He talked about seeing kids raising money to buy mosquito nets for people dying of malaria in Africa. He talked about a number of other things he had seen Americans do that made him proud, but nothing about what he had done. I found that a bit odd.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Doc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Maybe GW was being especially friendly to Obama in the hope that Obama might see his way to giving GW a pardon if necessary?
As Aldous Huxley pointed out, "The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human."

Postby Electrolyte » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 pm

"Mission accomplished" is a bs issue. That wasn't even their sign. What I heard from someone who claims to have been there was that the Navy put it up and the Bush team didn't ask them to take it down. Even if Bush put it up, so what. Find something real to complain about. Idiocy like this could get Palin elected in 2012.

Argonheart_Po wrote:A sewage plant serves a useful pupose - it clean up the shit nobody else will dirty their hands with and it keeps the community safe from harm.

I was in favor of the sewage plant.

But I have to admit they installed it carelessly and incompetently and now that the sewage is all over our front yards I'm mad at them just like a lot of republicans are.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:43 pm

pezworld wrote:is he just a bit more likeable?

Yeah the dull witted cowboy cracked a joke. How cute. You can almost forgive him for sanctioning the murder of countless thousands of iraqis and afghans and the destruction he has brought on america.

Fuck bush and all those that supported him

I wonder what will be in his library?
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Stew Ingredient

Postby simon_in_exile » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 pm

AntiEverything wrote:I wonder what will be in his library?

Are you trolling or just kidding around?
And yes that's an obscure answer. Toga would know.

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Dan wrote:As much as I didn't like him as President, the guy had a world of shit fall on his shoulders the past eight years. He's probably relieved to be done with it.

in the past 8 years?

he had a world of shit fall on him 8 months after the election. even with some protest about going to war in Afghanistan, he still rose to one of the highest approval ratings in Presidential history following the invasion of Adfghanistan.

then he blew it. it all went to his head, and the rest of the "shit" that "fell" was largely because he chose to turn on a big fat shit spigot and stick his head under it.

most of the shit that "fell" on him was largely due to his own obstinence.

many times i kept trying to see this guy as a victim, but every time, he seemed to prove himself to be more and more of a stupid ass who didn't give a fuck about what anyone else thought.
"the rise of Kim Crow"

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Electrolyte wrote:"Mission accomplished" is a bs issue. That wasn't even their sign. What I heard from someone who claims to have been there was that the Navy put it up and the Bush team didn't ask them to take it down. Even if Bush put it up, so what.

it was done in coordination with the White House. that the WH itself didn't actually produce it was the spin they spewed when the while thing backfired.

and to claim that this meme is merely about a piece of graphics is pretty much denying what the while thing was about. the whole episode with him landing in a flight suit on the aircraft carrier was clearly an exhibit to show him as a military victor.
"the rise of Kim Crow"

Postby Electrolyte » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:11 pm

korgy wrote:it was done in coordination with the White House.

How do you know?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Vince » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Look he wouldn't have got to be president without some charm. (I thought you mad yanks wanted him at your barbeque or something?)

His suposed charm doesn't change the fact that he's been a fucking disaster for all and sundry and a right cunt who can fuck off back to his ranch or wherever he's going.

Thanks for not "Nation Building". And thanks for being a safe pair of hands on the economic tiller.
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:06 am

Electrolyte wrote:
korgy wrote:it was done in coordination with the White House.

How do you know?

this topic came up many times at the time it happened, and i did my research and linked it on those threads then. i don't feel like researching it again, but if you have contradictory evidence feel free to submit it.

actually, it only took a few seconds to verify my comments - i had it backwards: the WH actually made it, but they claimed it was the Navy's idea:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- What was once viewed as a premier presidential photo op continues to dog President Bush six months after he landed on an aircraft carrier to declare "one victory" in the war on terrorism and an end to major combat operations in Iraq.

Attention turned Tuesday to a giant "Mission Accomplished" sign that stood behind Bush aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln when he gave the speech May 1.

The president told reporters the sign was put up by the Navy, not the White House.

"I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from my staff -- they weren't that ingenious, by the way," the president said Tuesday.

Now his statements are being parsed even further.

Navy and administration sources said that though the banner was the Navy's idea, the White House actually made it.
(CNN)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/ ... omplished/
"the rise of Kim Crow"

Stew Ingredient

Postby Capitolhill » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:39 am

I think Bullet Park said it best - although I have my doubts about W ever really being a "shell of a man". I'm not sure he cares about legacy the way, say, Nixon did.

For some reason when I think of Bush I think of Oswald's quote, "I'm just a patsy". I'm not saying he was the absolute cartoonish yes-man figurehead people a lot of people like to claim. But I do think Turdblossom and Cheney could probably push him in the direction of the agendas they really wanted without much push back.

That said, I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for him. Being stupid relative to others who have held that position isn't an excuse.

Obama, McCain, Clinton, and even his father seemed to have that determined 'fire' to become the President - he never really projected that, did he? I've always felt that to him, being the Pres. was more of the patrician family "thing to do" - like going to Yale or going into the energy business. If he had a bit more balls he would have told his family and the handlers to fuck off and followed his own star.

He's the kid that decided to work at his family's store/plumbing business/bank/law firm/etc. because it was the path of least resistance. The only difference was his family business was politics.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Godjira » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:48 am

maybe he'll be one of those presidents who get more respect once they're gone, like Ford or Carter.

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Capitolhill wrote:Obama, McCain, Clinton, and even his father seemed to have that determined 'fire' to become the President - he never really projected that, did he? I've always felt that to him, being the Pres. was more of the patrician family "thing to do" - like going to Yale or going into the energy business. If he had a bit more balls he would have told his family and the handlers to fuck off and followed his own star.

actually, i would take issue with this statement regarding Obama...David Axelrod, Obama's chief strategist, has said that initially they didn't know if Obama was crazy enough to be President - he was just too "normal" -- and he didn't have that psychopathic drive to be President at all costs that some candidates have. it was an ambition that came relatively late out of a need to find the best way he could be of service, and the realization that the time might be right for him.

and actually, i would say the same mostly applied to McCain as well.
"the rise of Kim Crow"

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:11 pm

section8 wrote:That pig fucking whore can go hang himself for all I care. He's a fucking retard who should never have been allowed to operate motor vehicle let alone, in a million years, be allowed anywhere near the white house. I'd like to beat him with a pipe and then set him on fire.

Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction would have used a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I hope the tortuous fucktard gets indicted, convicted, and does some hard time in a prison not unlike Gitmo.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Stew Ingredient

Postby 2wilzgood » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

kirrabi wrote:Overall he's done a crappy job administering. It's not that the position was too big for him it's that he took on too much. He would have been a fine domestic issue oriented President, a stay at home President.

Bollocks. Absolute bullshit. Bush has been a failure in every way imaginable, foreign and domestic. He would have been fine hosting birthday parties in Arizona as a fucking caterer for the last eight years. Nothing more.

Lost Soul wrote:I hope the tortuous fucktard gets indicted, convicted, and does some hard time in a prison not unlike Gitmo.

I prefer a prison in Alabama.

A bipartisan group of 52 state attorneys general, have raised numerous questions, including the allegation that Siegelman was prosecuted at the insistence of Bush-appointed officials at the Justice Department and Leura G. Canary, a U.S. Attorney in Montgomery whose husband was Alabama's top Republican operative and who had worked closely with Rove for years.

Railroading the ex-governor of Alabama into prison? A fine stay at home president indeed. That anyone here can find the least kind word to say about that shitstain asswipe motherfucking scumbag piece of human filth is incomprehensible.
I used to feel empathy for the poor. Now I just want them all to die. - ScottBaio
You will die like a dog for no good reason. - Ernest Hemingway
My efforts here are wasted - wilz

Stew Ingredient

Postby Mindulge » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Maybe that's why Barney has been so aggressive lately.

He just can't deal with his owner's mood swings.

It's not really the end for President Bush. He still has the library ahead of him. His memoirs. Speaking engagements.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:17 pm

It's not really the end for President Bush. He still has the library ahead of him. His memoirs. Speaking engagements.

And killer pretzels?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Stew Ingredient

Postby Vince » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Lost Soul wrote:

And killer pretzels?

Heh. Surely the pretzel was a euphamism for the JD bottle. I predict a few mishaps from now on - falling off a horse - that kind of thing.
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Next

Return to US Presidential Election 2008