Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to Perth we go...

If it's got balls, it's here
Stew Ingredient

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to Perth we go...

Postby andybox » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 am

2-0, what does England have in the tank? Winless at the WACA for 40 years, they may just pull a rabbit out of the hat. Your predictions please gentlemen.

Stew Ingredient

Re: Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to Perth we go...

Postby Stephen_Dedalus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 am

Is the "English" "convict" going to play?

My grammar would.be funny.

But I think the combined IQ of this site equals Ben Stokes

Stew Ingredient

Postby Flobster! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 am

Day 4 win to Oz.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Stew Ingredient

Postby rosstralia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 am

I think that win was when pretty much all of our best players were in World Series Cricket. So England were pretty much playing "Australia B or C"
The poster below is a moron

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 am

The pomms badly need a player who can graft out a long time at the crease, Root would be the obvious man for the job, but keeps throwing his wicket away in the 50s or 60s.

Australia looking to get back the Ashes in the West, i can't see England winning out there, the Aussies easily, with their fast bowlers to shine, and buying a ticket for the 5th day could be a bad move.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42269078

I must admit i did find the piece overall in parts quite funny, but i do agree at times the English did play some good cricket, but is this the way they will be remembered in the series?

As a side that did play well now and again, but Australia were far better side, the way it's going i'm afraid that is how they will be seen, can they do something about it in Perth?
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:22 am

You are due one.

You've only won two in the last seven.

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 am

Stephen, are you drunk, or just can not count?

Or perhaps both.

Sorry to slagg off, but let's talk about what will happen in Perth, not what has happened before,
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lincoln » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Can't see us doing much in Perth...can't defend the England team although like Jed said,we did play well in parts.....such a shame that England didn't pinch the Adelaide test as it would have brought this series to life.

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Lincoln wrote:Can't see us doing much in Perth...can't defend the England team although like Jed said,we did play well in parts.....such a shame that England didn't pinch the Adelaide test as it would have brought this series to life.

If it were not for that fucktard Kiwi I suspect thats its england that would be boasting the 2-0 lead. At the very least it would be all square. There is nothing special about the Aussies.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

Stew Ingredient

Postby Red_V » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Warner,Smith,the quicks and Lyon,the blokes most likely to decide the outcome are special on their day.
Stokes would have hardly made a difference to the English side.He averages mid-thirties with bat and ball.The Australians would have welcomed that had circumstances been different.No point blaming his omission for the pom's woes.

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Sorry to say this appears the English mind set of the touring party.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42277764

Should not they be talking about the next cricket game, instead of looking like a bunch of whinging pomms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFormOyvBQ
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 am

They are at it again, can't they hold their beer?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42291541
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Moeen Ali has revealed he was abused by an Australian fan who shouted, “What time does your kebab shop open?”

Sledging has been a theme of this tempestuous Ashes series, but while player behaviour has been the focus of most attention, the bad blood also seems to have extended to the spectators.

“From the crowd you get quite a bit and you get some good ones and some not so good ones, but you take it on the chin," Moeen said.

“Somebody asked me what time my kebab shop opened, but that is about it. You get a bit but nothing major.”

Moeen revealed the insult as Jonny Bairstow confirmed in his newspaper column that he had been subjected to a vigorous sledging campaign.

Bairstow also suggested he had been “stitched up” by the emergence of an incident with Australia’s Cameron Bancroft after a tour match in Perth before the first Test.

“Some other things, apart from the ‘headbutt’ business, were said by Australia in the middle - but what they were is staying there,” Bairstow added.

“We move on. I hope it’s gone now. I’m not making an issue of it. Only if they are said again would the matter go further. I’ve not lost any friendships over the last couple of weeks, put it like that.”

Moeen condemned the personal nature of the remarks made to Bairstow, but admitted both sides were guilty of verbal abuse.

“If it’s got personal, then it’s a shame,” Moeen said. “But you kind of expect it, I think. Probably both sides have done a bit of the same, so you’ve just got to get on with it and take it on the chin.

“It’s a big series, and sometimes the opposition will try and do anything to get into your bubble."

Good to see that Moeen Ali has retained a sense of perspective. Do Australians define themselves solely in term of boorishness?
Hello Flashman

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Harry, the thread is about the drunken behavior of the English cricket team, not about sledgeing on the field [that both sides have been guilty of], please don't try to change the subject and get back to what we are talking about will ya?
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Its important that England don't drag themselves down to the level of their hosts. Nobody is going to out Aussie the Aussies when it comes down to uncouth behaviour. Its is however important than England prepare themselves for the verbals and occasionally remind the Australian team that their behaviour is just what we have come to expect from a nation that struggles distance itself from its reputation for ill manners. We saw it recently at Twickenham too. For some reason Australians seem to be sensitive about it but they show no inclination to doing anything about it. The fact that the Australians would rather win a international non event at any cost speaks volume for the nations cultural insecurities.
Hello Flashman

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:24 pm

What in the earth has the drunken behavior of the English cricketers has to do with Ausralia's percieved 'Cultural Insecunties'?

And BTW, it is Harry's spelling of the last word, and it i quite ironic seeing what he was talking about.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lincoln » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:21 pm

jedgarandclyde wrote:And BTW, it is Harry's spelling of the last word, and it i quite ironic seeing what he was talking about.

Yeah that sentence is a gem of the English language :roll:

Stew Ingredient

Postby Red_V » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:10 pm

The kebab shop taunt will only spur Moeen on to produce better performances than he has shown thus far.He will use it as motivation.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lincoln » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 pm

"Kebab taunt"...whats this?

I havent heard about this??

Have you filthy crim bastards been insulting our Moeen?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Red_V » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:20 pm

It was from a newspaper clipping quoted by Harry a few replies up the page.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Flobster! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:29 am

harry_flashman wrote:Bairstow also suggested he had been “stitched up” by the emergence of an incident with Australia’s Cameron Bancroft after a tour match in Perth before the first Test.

He met a bloke and headbutted him. In what sense can this possibly be 'stitched up'?

If they'd wanted to stitch him up they'd have put in a formal complaint.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

Stew Ingredient

Postby shunter » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 am

I bet they made a comment about his dad - were talking about Australians here: loud mouthed no-talent hometown bullies. I respect smith. Ok he’s a cunt, personality wise, but he’s got runs overseas.
Untrollable since 2017

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:43 am

The Aussies made a comment about this?

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/1 ... ralian-fan

Those terrible Aussies!!
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby shunter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

That’s a touching gesture. I might well have to revise my opinion of Australians based on that. I’ll concede they’re not all cunts.
Untrollable since 2017

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 pm

harry_flashman wrote:Its important that England don't drag themselves down to the level of their hosts. Nobody is going to out Aussie the Aussies when it comes down to uncouth behaviour. Its is however important than England prepare themselves for the verbals and occasionally remind the Australian team that their behaviour is just what we have come to expect from a nation that struggles distance itself from its reputation for ill manners. We saw it recently at Twickenham too. For some reason Australians seem to be sensitive about it but they show no inclination to doing anything about it. The fact that the Australians would rather win a international non event at any cost speaks volume for the nations cultural insecurities.

Yes, it’s important that England take the high road here in the interests of public image. They probably should stay out of the pub then.

Stew Ingredient

Postby shunter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm

If they can’t stay sober till the end of the 5-0 defeat then sack the lot of them.
Untrollable since 2017

Return to World of Sport