World Cup qualifiers

If it's got balls, it's here
Stew Ingredient

World Cup qualifiers

Postby harry_flashman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:51 pm

England qualify with a win, Scotland need to win and the northern iron take on the krauts. England are the only team with a realistic chance of a result.

Meanwhile in malasyia the Australians, with a team that would not do justice to the championship, snatch a draw against Syria. World cup qualification really is a farce. Hopefully the Syrians will come good in the second leg.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

Stew Ingredient

Re: World Cup qualifiers

Postby andybox » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Syria snatched a draw against Australia. They won't be so lucky next week in Sydney. Here's hoping England fare better than their rugby counterparts.

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:39 am

So in the top tier of European football we have Germany Spain and France. The eventual World Cup winners will probably come from this group. Some way after this group is a bunch of European mediocrity with England being one of the teams fronting that mediocrity. Barring a few teams from Latin America the rest of the World Cup will be largely made up of teams from the 3rd tier of world football such as Australia.
Hello Flashman

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 am

Yep, considering it's not our most popular sport, we have punched way above out weight. Unlike England, which have a weight problem

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:05 am

The Aussies and the English have two poor football teams at the mo' [like their cricket teams], and i doubt very much if either is going to make any impact on the WC.

And we are very lightweight at the moment, more lightweight that even the poms are!!

Our 'golden team' that went to Germany a few years ago, would have beat Syria last night by plenty.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm amazed that Syria is fielding a team.

Meanwhile, the US MNT sucks the worst in 20 years. They need to beat powerful Panama today to advance.

Oh, and the star of our WNT is busy getting thrown out of bars, along with two of her teammates, for being drunk and disorderly. #Winning

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/usa-star-alex-morgan-kicked-out-of-disney-world-alongside-mls-players/ar-AAsRF52?li=BBnb4R7
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:44 pm

The US still needs a win at T&T to get in.

Meanwhile the Netherlands and Argentina are out? And England, Scotland and Wales are all in?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Agent009 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Its amazing to watch a just turned 19 year old pulisik carry the Seppo team on his back to the world cup......
Then not surprising to see the latin american players, down 3-0, basically hack him so much he had to be taken from the game Before he got a serious injury.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:39 pm

He was oarsum.

I heard his transfer value to go to the EPL is now in the $50,000,000 range.

Pewter Palace could use him.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Agent009 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Fuck palace...
Suppposedly liverspuds tried to get him in the transfer window. Fuck that as well.
Hes better orf in dortmund. Top of the league right now.

As much as it hurts to say, if he goes anywhere, i hope he goes to spain.

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:14 pm

As things stand we could have all 4 of the home nations at the finals

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41472696
Hello Flashman

Stew Ingredient

Postby Stephen_Dedalus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm

It will be interesting to see the South American qualifiers tonight. Quite a few permutations for Argentina to qualify in 4th, play off in 5th or go out in 6th.

I kind of hope they do qualify. The WC should have the Argies in it, if only for the hot fans.

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Good moaning to the pomms, Harry and others will be gutted to learn that the Aussies won in Sydney, with the Everton old boy Tim Cahill getting both goals.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 am

Agent009 wrote:Fuck palace...

Die seppo scum

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Postby Espina » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:12 am

Wellpisser wrote:
Agent009 wrote:Fuck palace...

Die seppo scum

We did.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 am

All we had to do was tie T&T.

Even a loss gets us in if either Panama or Honduras lost.

Shambolic. Thanks, Klansman.

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-loses-trinidad-fails-qualify-2018-world-cup-015400543.html
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:27 am

How can you fail qualify from concrap?

The group has been set up to guarantee US qualification. What a joke. I guess this means that FIFA will be awarding another slot to ensure that they don’t lose out on the lucrative American revenue stream.
Hello Flashman

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:10 am

Glorious Socceroos to contest a place in the World Cup with Honduras. What could possibly go wrong?

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 am

If you can't beat T & T, you don't deserve to be in the cup.

And i did get laugh out of the other two games in the group, with a goal being given when the ball clearly didn't cross the goal line, an in the other game an own goal off the 'keeper's head!!!!

Talk about making a cat smile.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Agent009 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:59 pm

If you think this was klinsmann's fault you don't know shit about soccer....
If you think Bruce Arena was upgrade over Klinsmann you don't know shit about soccer...

If you want to blame someone other than the players blame US soccer and MLS. All MLS has done is bring our national team down, while improving the players for the other countries in the region.

Klinsmann was right in wanting all of our players to play in Europe...
To strive to be and play against the best.
Yet the majority of them still came home for fat paychecks as designated players, to play in a fourth tier League.

How the fuck do you start omar gonzales of MLS and leave jeff cameron, a starter in the EPL on the bench?

It blows my mind.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Agent009 wrote:If you think this was klinsmann's fault you don't know shit about soccer....

Horseshit. Losing the first two games of the final round of qualifying, at home, put us in the hole, and cost that clown his job.

Win or tie either one of those and we're in, in spite of losing to T&T thanks to an own goal, and in spite of the non-goal in the other match that counted as a goal, and cost us a spot.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Postby eric84 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Wait. I don't follow sawker really, but are you telling me the US lost to Trinidad and are not qualifying for the world cup? Hahahahahaha, that's awesome.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:29 pm

eric84 wrote:Wait. I don't follow sawker really, but are you telling me the US lost to Trinidad and are not qualifying for the world cup? Hahahahahaha, that's awesome.

It was shambolic.

Five very unlikely things had to happen yesterday for it to happen, including an own goal and a non-goal scored as a goal, not to mention the two best teams losing at home.

I would say the odds were 1 in 1000. And yet there it is.

Pulisic deserves better.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Kilombo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Lost Soul wrote:All we had to do was tie T&T.

Even a loss gets us in if either Panama or Honduras lost.

Shambolic. Thanks, Klansman.

https://sports.yahoo.com/u-s-loses-trinidad-fails-qualify-2018-world-cup-015400543.html

keep blaming the coach who resigned 2 years ago. Its the americans all together who do not understand how to play real football and probbably will never understand it. Keep playing baseball
Prost!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Kilombo wrote: keep blaming the coach who resigned 2 years ago.

It was a year ago; and yes I will.

Which is not to say I don't blame the entire team sans Pulisic for yesterday's result.

Clyde said it best-
jedgarandclyde wrote:If you can't beat T & T, you don't deserve to be in the cup.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Kilombo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:47 pm

well a year ago and loosing now with Trinidad where a draw was enough. You make yourself a complete fool blaming Klinsmann. Get over it. Americans are not able to play proper football and that s fact.
In fact having seen the posts of some americans on this forum over the years about football it is more than clear that you guys have no idea about football at all
Prost!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Kilombo wrote:well a year ago and loosing now with Trinidad where a draw was enough. You make yourself a complete fool blaming Klinsmann. Get over it. Americans are not able to play proper football and that s fact.
In fact having seen the posts of some americans on this forum over the years about football it is more than clear that you guys have no idea about football at all

I am not a fool for blaming your Klansman.

He lost two home games, badly. The whole team thought he sucked. Shit coach, shit result.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Postby Espina » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Kilombo wrote:well a year ago and loosing now with Trinidad where a draw was enough. You make yourself a complete fool blaming Klinsmann. Get over it. Americans are not able to play proper football and that s fact.

Thread going all tribal now.

Stew Ingredient

Postby VinnyD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I guess I will be cheering for Iceland.

I like the fact that 10% of the population was present in Paris when they beat Kosovo to qualify.

Postby eric84 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Canada having the largest population of Icelandic descent outside Iceland will also be cheering for them.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Talking of Canada, why are they so shit about just about every sport which does not involve ponching around on frozen water. I didn't realise that they had to qualify for the chance to qualify but the Canadians were not even good enough to make CONCRAP.
Hello Flashman

Postby eric84 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:37 pm

We don't give a shit about sawker. It's a game to get 6 year olds tired. It's great for that.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lincoln » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:35 pm

So why post then the thick canadian kant?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Ereich was just jizzing all over himself after the US loss.

Speaking of which, the Guarnian soccer guy agrees with me, and not Agent Kilombo.

The worst defeat in the history of the United States national team, the record will show, played out over an hour and a half on a sweltering weeknight before a few hundred spectators at Ato Boldon Stadium, confines so modest even its namesake questioned why it was chosen for a World Cup qualifier, and ended with the Americans walking off in a soft parade of stunned silence and thousand-yard stares.

But truthfully Tuesday night’s loss to Trinidad & Tobago was a failure years in the making, an outcome undeserving of the surprise it was received, given the manner in which the Americans stumbled from the gate in Concacaf’s qualifying hexagonal, prompting the dismissal of Jurgen Klinsmann with a not-insignificant $6.2m golden handshake

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/11/usa-world-cup-2018-qualifying-soccer-football
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Postby Espina » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:16 am

From LS's article:

Far more insidious, and alarmingly resistant to change, is the pay-to-play culture that’s made soccer a sport that’s primarily played by upper-middle class white kids.

Actually this reinforces Klinsmann's beef. The US youth development system is upside down and backwards. Maybe the new academy system will help but even that still plays to pushy and financially influential parents. E.G. Our local academy club*, Santa Barbara, has won four national youth championships in the past five years. Not exactly east St. Louis.

*Not the academy team though.

Postby eric84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 am

Isn't that like most elite sport in amerikkkka? I know hockey is hideously expensive at the highest levels so they get they rich white kids.

Postby Espina » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 am

eric84 wrote:Isn't that like most elite sport in amerikkkka? I know hockey is hideously expensive at the highest levels so they get they rich white kids.

Polo, Rodeo, LaCrosse, ice Skating, and Golf are more exclusive and expensive.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 am

Espina wrote:From LS's article:

Far more insidious, and alarmingly resistant to change, is the pay-to-play culture that’s made soccer a sport that’s primarily played by upper-middle class white kids.

Actually this reinforces Klinsmann's beef. The US youth development system is upside down and backwards. Maybe the new academy system will help but even that still plays to pushy and financially influential parents. E.G. Our local academy club*, Santa Barbara, has won four national youth championships in the past five years. Not exactly east St. Louis.

I think it is clueless speculation from an author who either lives in Manhattan or Blighty.

Clearly he has never heard of Mexicans, who love to play and who I used to play with on the fields of Guadalajara and Tucson.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Postby eric84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Espina wrote:
eric84 wrote:Isn't that like most elite sport in amerikkkka? I know hockey is hideously expensive at the highest levels so they get they rich white kids.

Polo, Rodeo, LaCrosse, ice Skating, and Golf are more exclusive and expensive.

Yeah, but sawker needs elite coaching which isn't in great supply in the US, right? As you suggest, sports at high levels get pushed by rich, white parents and their enablers to create a system unaffordable to others.

Postby eric84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Espina wrote:From LS's article:

I think it is clueless speculation from an author who either lives in Manhattan or Blighty.

Clearly he has never heard of Mexicans, who love to play and who I used to play with on the fields of Guadalajara and Tucson.

And they're making millions playing sawker? Yeah, no. That's not how elite athletes get made in Amerikkka anymore.

Stew Ingredient

Postby steveogolf » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm

............And the Team U.S.A. Soccer Coach resigned today.
End of Story.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Argonheart_Po » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm

VinnyD wrote:I guess I will be cheering for Iceland.

I like the fact that 10% of the population was present in Paris when they beat Kosovo to qualify.

Paris?

Laugardalsvollur is in Paris now?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Argonheart_Po » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:58 pm

As for USA - bad luck - but what makes the game so great - unlike all the games where it's easy to score points - is that small teams sometimes beat much better teams.

Postby eric84 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Er, upsets happen in every sport, champ. Sawker's not unique that way

Stew Ingredient

Postby Argonheart_Po » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 pm

eric84 wrote:Er, upsets happen in every sport, champ. Sawker's not unique that way

Do I have to spell it out for you?

Postby eric84 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 am

Go ahead, expound on the glories of sawker.

Stew Ingredient

Postby VinnyD » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:09 pm

I was misinformed.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Agent009 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Agent009 wrote:If you think this was klinsmann's fault you don't know shit about soccer....

Horseshit. Losing the first two games of the final round of qualifying, at home, put us in the hole, and cost that clown his job.

Win or tie either one of those and we're in, in spite of losing to T&T thanks to an own goal, and in spite of the non-goal in the other match that counted as a goal, and cost us a spot.

Hahahahaha...
Kilinsmann lost to mexico at home because mexico is a better team, one of the best mexican teams in 30 years. He lost because his team was not as good, its really that simple.
Klinnsman lost to a costa rica, becuase they were the better team, just loook at the standings.
Arean coached the same team (not really the same, as he skipped over most euro based players) to a lo55 against to trinindad and tabago!!!
T and fucking T!
And you still think klinnsman was the problem?.....
Hahahhahahahahaha!

Klinnsman was sacked because he told seppo players not to play in MLS, because MLS sucks.
Then all his top euro players move to MLS for the $$$ and comfort of not having to fight for their spot, while young up and coming players skip europe to stay home and play in MLS so they can have a puppy in the shadow of mom and dad.
Klinnsman told young players to avoid the USA development system and find a club team program in europe, because youth development in the sepposhire sucks.
Yank youth development is sooooo bad team seppo has failed to qualify for the last 2 olympics!... But im sure thats klinnsmans fault, hahahaha.
Team Amerikkka failed to qualify for the world cup because it depended on MLS talent to get them there.

Pulisik is the future of US soccer, im sure we can agree on that...
Why is he 1000 times better than any other USA player on the field?
He did what klinnsman told all team amerikkka players to do....
Ignore the seppo system of development and get your a55 to europe.

That is why klinnsman was canned, period.
Of course he was replaced with the easy choice MLS coach.
A mls friendly coach who left euro based players on the bench, if he even called them up at all.
Wondolowski gets the call up, and fabian johnson stays home?... Omar Gonzalez get the start over geoff cameron?....
Its fucking criminal.

Ive never beeen the biggest j jones fan, but after watching team USA play without him, ive gained more respect...
The team neeeded him.
And now he puts out this clip spitting the truth.....
Now hes a legend.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Yes, we can agree on Pulisic.

Also, it is good to see you finally taking a crap on Wondol00serski. It took you five years, but you finally got there. Was it him missing an open net goal from five feet in the last WC that finally convinced you?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Agent009 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Wondo was the best the team had to offer at the time....
He should of beeen put out to pasture, along with dempsey, bradley, howard, beasley.....

Next

Return to World of Sport