Postby Geece » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:34 am

Im clabk two

AVVI ROSSLATYRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAVI KNEE GROWS1!!!!!!!!!!

Stew Ingredient

Re: Australian cultural sensitivity.

Postby misanthrope » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainmen ... 49997.html

Looks like Connick had to make a cancellation out of fears for his safety. Does it get any more bizarre than this?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 am

This is the best part here misanthrope:

What Australians love about dags is their innocent enthusiasm - a recurring theme in this nation's history. Innocent enthusiasm sent thousands of Australians up the cliffs at Gallipoli in 1915. It may have been a ridiculous battle strategy but at least they had a go, and they died occupying the high moral ground.

Did you ever think that some Aussie dopes doing a bad blackface impersonation would lead to a reference to Gallipoli?

What a nasty little country. A true moment of shame for a nasty little hole on the far side of the earth.

I will give the Aussies credit for trying to link a Connicks bad impersonation of Jesse Jackson to the buffoonish, blackface minstrel show routine done by the Jackson Jive (even the name is fucking lame). As if anyone would really thought that that dog would hunt.

Instead of acknowledging that people have different cultures and attitudes....the Aussies decided to go nuclear. And in their nuclear response you can really see their collective nastiness shine through.

No wonder they're a running joke in the Western world. What a collection of clowns.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:20 am

Scotty the Zenofobe, hates australia.

Add aus to the long list.
Sulten er mit hjertes magre hund

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:23 am

You are possibly the least qualified person to make that statement, Pat.

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:29 am

It was only a few years ago that scotties hatred was directed at denmark. Now its australia.

Even you with youre flawed mathamatics should be able to add that one up.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 am

From smh.com: Yes, Australia has to come to terms with its colonial legacy. But these days at least we're not highly attuned to issues of race and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If that doesn't sum up Australia in a nutshell I don't know what would.

But read some of these responses from Australians!!! What a bunch of fucking rubes! These are all from SMH.Com.

Check these out:

--Australia is probably one of the most multicultural places on earth, and whilst we do have our problems, entrenched racism by most of our population towards any group is not one of them

--i think the whole thing shows just how far americans still need to come in terms of racism Can you imagine Barack Obama being elected in Australia? Neither can I.

--I didn't hear Harry complain about the Robert Downey JR movie where his face was painted black selective outrage Harry? Holy shit are these people the dumbest fucking mongs in the English speaking world or what?

--Also, just because America might be MORE racist doesn't mean we can be racist. If we accept they are more prejudiced than Australia, if even THEY think it was racist, it must be pretty bad... I think these might be the most delusional people I've ever run across.

--Australia is a hugely multicultural country - at my kids schools caucasians seem to be the minority.

Australians are, and always have been very accepting of ANY differences in people. Even my sister in law noticed when they stayed at Christmas how her disabled children were treated here. Nobody treated them any differently. Nobody stared, nobody whispered, people just helped them out.
Australians are all saints!!!

--I think that's what all the anti-Autralian thing is about, an underlying jealousy that we live in a better country, a better climate, have better lives, and you're all jealous of what you don't have!

--Apparently it was fine for Robert Downey Jr to wear black face in Tropic Thunder to play a white Australian playing a black American. It was OK for a couple of black dudes to dress as white chicks in some crap American movie a couple of years back.

--Hmmm, interesting that you English are so quick to judge us Aussies on this one. Have you ever heard of an american comedy movie which goes by the name of 'white chicks', Are these people for real? I'm not sure if they are being serious or not. It's all so fucking stupid I can't keep up.

--Im an Australian and im proud of it. Ive spent a little bit of time in America and i tell you what, America is the backwards nation regarding such issues as racism. The very fact that Harry Connick Jnr automatically took such a narrow minded view reflects this.

Awesome.

Truly awesome display of Aussie "piss taking" and the backlash the hicks get from the world community.

I've never seen a bunch of sensitive Sallies in my life. These people CANNOT handle ANYONE saying ANYTHING negative about their country.

Hilarious. What a bunch of myopic Turds.
Last edited by Scott_Baio on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:39 am

Pat: Are you unable or unwilling to recognize your hypocrisy?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:49 am

Are you unable or unwilling to recognize your hypocrisy?

Who cares misanthrope?

He's just another dipshit Australian. I'm embarassed for them.

Have you read the replies on the online newspapers? Whoa.

This is just the medie going insane as usual over a "nothing" incident. We just want to laugh a little over here, sick of all the restrictions !!

The Aussies are sick of all the RESTRICTIONS ON THEIR BEHAVIOR!!! Restrictions like NOT laughing and mocking black people!!

How dare those Americans point out our loutish and disrespectful behavior!!! How dare they!!
Haters wanna hate.

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Postby Espina » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:16 am

...yeah, shoot the messenger & hack down the Tall Poppy for speaking up against some quaint cultural tradition...

BTW, when I lived in Oz there was an ad on TV for an office supply company that featured a Jamaican Woman with two miming dwarfs...in black-face. The punch line was to "put your business back into the black!". Anyhow, I was stunned when I first saw it, one room-mate (Scottish) didn't see anything wrong & the other (British) did. A few days later the company & network issued an apology but the ad still aired; the black-faces were covered with black squares!

The SMH also printed a one paragraph article on page 3 a few days later.

Stew Ingredient

Postby The Obama Nation » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 am

It's important to understand that the Aussies were shooting the Aborigines as wild game as recently as 1937.

This puts them 50 years behind the fat, racist Americans vis a vis the Apaches.

The noble Mexicans were still killing feral Apaches on sight as recently as the 1930's as well. That's OK, because brown people can't be racist. I heard it from a Tutsi. Or was it a Hutu? I forget. But I know it was a Dumbocrat.
A rotation every 235 years is a good thing.

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 am

You forgot lynching of black Americans

Nearly 5,000 African Americans were lynched between 1860 and 1890.
And lets not forget the Duluth lynchings.

The Duluth Lynchings occurred on June 15, 1920, when three black circus workers were attacked and lynched by a mob in Duluth, Minnesota. Rumors had circulated among the mob that six African Americans had raped a teenage girl. A physician's examination subsequently found no evidence of rape or assault.

The frequency of lynching dropped in the 1930s. Lynch law declined sharply by the 1950s. However, in the South, lynchings rose in the 1960s as resistance against civil rights activism. Most but not all lynchings ceased during the 1960s.

On Saturday 21st March, 1981, Bennie Hays's son, Henry Hays, and James Knowles, decided they would get revenge for the failure of the courts to convict the man for killing a policeman. They travelled around Mobile in their car until they found nineteen year old Michael Donald walking home. After forcing him into the car Donald was taken into the next county where he was lynched.

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:15 pm

It is absolutely priceless how thin plumber patrik's skin is once the spotlight is on Australia.

Postby Espina » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm

...setting aside Patty's "two wrongs make a right" retorts, I must admit that with his inferiority complex I'm sure glad he lives in NSW instead of Victoria!

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:52 pm

misanthrope vs the heathen Australians is one of the many reasons I like this place.

Another content free post from rider5. I'm a cheerleader!

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 pm

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26 ... 21,00.html

This is one of the many stories that puts the lie to OTB's claim that Australia lacks the racial violence of places like the US and UK. To those following this thread, this is not unique.

Postby Espina » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:49 pm

misanthrope wrote:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26196697-421,00.html

This is one of the many stories that puts the lie to OTB's claim that Australia lacks the racial violence of places like the US and UK. To those following this thread, this is not unique.

Fuck, I haven't read the link nor OTB's claim but the Cronulla Riots weren't that long ago.

Postby Espina » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:02 pm

...check out the replies to the "chck chck BOOM" girl... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYl6ZqUxqk

Stew Ingredient

Postby OnTheBall » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:47 am

You are comparing people throwing bottles at middle eastern men to the bombing of buses and the dragging of a person on the back of a pickup truck???

Som drunk beats up an old man and you are comparing that to a country that has to have Affirmative Action Laws to address its ingrained racism???

Are you serious?

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:56 am

He beat the guy to death. The answer is yes. You make it sound like there is heated dialogue, when there is murder.

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 am

Australia is the land for people too thin-skinned to be Americans. One pisstake, and look at the flood of tears we get from OTB and patrik and the other sensitive wog-bashers down under.

Postby Espina » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:40 am

OnTheBall wrote:Som drunk beats up an old man and you are comparing that to a country that has to have Affirmative Action Laws to address its ingrained racism???

Are you serious?

In a nutshell, yes. The US has used Affirmative Action as an attempt to resolve historical racial inequalities that the US freely admits were wrong whereas in Australia historical racial inequalities have not been resolved hence the black-face performance on national TV that demonstrates a factual lack of resolve to face the issue.

Perhaps, OTP, with your deep concern on this issue, you may wish to start an affirmative action educational program for Australia so the Palm Island adult un-employment rate is not the today rate of 90 % ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Island,_Queensland

Stew Ingredient

Postby OnTheBall » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 am

Australia is the land for people too thin-skinned to be Americans. One pisstake, and look at the flood of tears we get from OTB and patrik and the other sensitive wog-bashers down under.

You can change the handle but the loser within still remains, right felix?

Unfortunately for you, with a Syrian grandfather, mostly Spanish ethnicity and part Native American I pass off as a "wog", so I think I would know a bit more than you about experiencing racism in Australia. I wonder, if you were to ask most black people in America what their take on racism in America is what their answer would be

Espina wrote:
OnTheBall wrote:Som drunk beats up an old man and you are comparing that to a country that has to have Affirmative Action Laws to address its ingrained racism???

Are you serious?

In a nutshell, yes. The US has used Affirmative Action as an attempt to resolve historical racial inequalities that the US freely admits were wrong whereas in Australia historical racial inequalities have not been resolved hence the black-face performance on national TV that demonstrates a factual lack of resolve to face the issue.

The fact that it is still in place shows and proves that America is still not over it. The hysterical reaction to this non story is more proof that this is so.

I also asked this previously. That 70s Show has some quite xenophobic and racist lines directed the "foreign kid", much worse than what happened on Hey Hey yet nothing is said about that show, for example
"OneBall is a bloody fuckface with one ball and a stunted penis that grew into his anus. He moans "durdur" softly as he penetrates himself." Felix

2014 Political Stew's #1 Degenerate - as voted by you.

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 am

I suspect that any black American who spends significant time down here wouldn't feel the same way that you do about Australia.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:00 am

misanthrope wrote:I suspect that any black American who spends significant time down here wouldn't feel the same way that you do about Australia.

You don't need to go that far-just ask a black Australian.

Postby Espina » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 am

OnTheBall wrote:
The fact that it is still in place shows and proves that America is still not over it. The hysterical reaction to this non story is more proof that this is so.

I also asked this previously. That 70s Show has some quite xenophobic and racist lines directed the "foreign kid", much worse than what happened on Hey Hey yet nothing is said about that show, for example

No, the United States is not over it nor should they be unless you are advocating some weird revisionist head in the sand history. Hence that's why the black-face is in such poor taste.
And, OTB, most of the "hysteria" generated by the "non-story" has come from Australian apologists who think mocking & stereotyping black Americans is a quaint Australian freedom.

I don't watch the 70s show,OTB, but from your description, it implies the script was written to intentionally demonstrate that the show characters were behaving (wrongly) like xenophobic racist idiots, whereas the Hey Hey show accepted the same behavior as normal.

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 am

It could be that all of us non-Australians just don't understand sophisticated Australian humor.

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 am

I'd ask an 'abo' what they think about race in Oi Oi Oi Land.
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

Stew Ingredient

Postby OnTheBall » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 am

I suspect that any black American who spends significant time down here wouldn't feel the same way that you do about Australia.

You are kidding, arent you? White Australian girls would be all over them...you really dont have a fucking clue...

It could be that all of us non-Australians just don't understand sophisticated Australian humor.

Again, if the people here are beneath you and if your outrage is so strong why dont you just leave? oh yeah, I forgot, your worthless arse has it too good down here. I never once read anything of yours saying something positive about Australia. You ungrateful cunt

I'd ask an 'abo' what they think about race in Oi Oi Oi Land.

While youre at it ask the native americans in the US

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 am

Spoken like a true redneck.

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 am

I doubt a native american would even consider anything in Australia over the course of a typical day.

In what year did 'abos' become officially human? Was it 1978?
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

Stew Ingredient

Postby OnTheBall » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:53 am

Misa youre a parasite. You came from America and are now living off our welfare. Correct me if I am wrong by all means, how do you contribute to this country?

In what year did 'abos' become officially human? Was it 1978?

Probably a lot earlier than the lynching of blacks...oh wait, isnt that still happening?

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 am

how do you contribute to this country?

Oi Oi Oi !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-2_BjSnbA&feature=related

Stew Ingredient

Postby misanthrope » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:01 am

For one thing, I'm here to enlighten you racist pigs.

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:05 am

The big difference between the insidious racism in the US and AUS is the fact that we know how fucked up we are and try to come to terms with it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 am

No, the United States is not over it nor should they be unless you are advocating some weird revisionist head in the sand history. Hence that's why the black-face is in such poor taste.

I love your hollier than thou attitude. You live miles from the nearest black person in your little Scandinavian theme park.

The one thing I noticed about Americans was the fact no white American actually lived near a black American. American society is very ghettoised. In boston for example, Italians live in Italian neighbourhoods, irish in Irish neighbourhoods, hate each other, but dislike blacks and Puerto Ricans even more.

In washington state, there are no black people outside of seattle. It took me weeks to work out that a porch monkey wasnt a cute little possum after listening to the locals talk.

Stew Ingredient

Postby QPR_Paul » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:40 am

Why does MrGod keep saying that the 7/7 bombings were something to do with race?

The bombers were violent, narcissistic Jihadis, but their perceived target (as they saw it) was the west generally, and the UK in particular, for (as they saw it) attacks against Muslims in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and Chechnya (according to one of the bombers) (of course the UK has no direct involvement in 2 out of the 4 places listed).

Mohammad Sidique Khan said in his suicide video:

"Your democratically elected governments continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world. And your support of them makes you directly responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters.

What's more, if you look at the victims of the 7/7 bombers, it proves that there were not in the list concerned with the victims race or religion; the 54 killed were a cross section of multi-cultural London, as one might expect from attacks on a public transport system during rush hour.

So what's it got to do with race or racism in the UK?

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

The panicked Aussie flag-waving is OARSUM.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Princess_Kate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm trying to give the Aussies the benefit of the doubt, really I am, but it's hard.

My efforts so far have included:

--Trying to remember that posters on most media message boards (Americans included) are usually of low-caliber intellect and to not judge Australians by the posts on Punch, SMH, etc.

--Trying to find an intellectual Australian message board where this is being discussed among Australians - there don't appear to be any

Now what?
It SOUNDS true. It COULD be true. It REVEALS a truth without having to be true.

Welcome to postmodern journalism.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Can you link to the SMH posts? Anyone?

I can't seem to find them.

Anyhoo...Kate...I'm continaully amazed at the venom coming out of OZ these days. It's seems like Australians are developing this bunker mentality where any critique of Aussie life is seem as a slight against the whole country.

They are paranoid, narcissitc, and uber-flag wavers. A trifecta of idiocy matched by none.

Shame on Australia.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Princess_Kate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 pm

At first I thought Scotty's challenge was just him being oppositional.

I can't find any comments at the SMH, either. And I swear they were there this morning.....

Stew Ingredient

Postby Princess_Kate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Princess_Kate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Ooh - just found the "Chk Chk Boom" controversy:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/815911/shooting-witness-becomes-internet-celebrity

"There were these two wogs fighting..."

The comments are hilarious. ly. Sad.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Princess_Kate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 pm

My semi-public stream of consciousness continues...

So, apparently, Clare's eyewitness account turns out to be fake, and the conclusion is that she is clearly taking the piss out of...the cameramen, maybe?

This makes me wonder - are all of us non-Aussies just dour and that to really understand these situations, we just need to lighten up? Not be so precious? Embrace the explanations that we've been given that "WERE NOT AMERICAN WERE AUSTRALIAN and Youve got No Right to call us racisistscsts because your the racisisctsts in USA what about Tropic Thunder and Elvis Impersonatros so there!"

But then I found this comment on Metafilter:

Poster A:
"And yes, whoosh, she was taking the piss, the national past-time. It's the art of getting someone to take you seriously and then in reacting, unwittingly display their own prejudices, preconceptions and egocentricities."

Poster B:
Yeah, but see, that's an asshole thing to do. It's what we call "trolling" online, and it's despised for good reasons. One particular MeFi Aussie springs to mind—I name no names, because I like the guy—who did this so automatically and in such unsuitable contexts that he teetered on the verge of bannination before he finally was brought to realize that he should dial it back. That's not OMG CENSORSHIP, that's learning to live in society. Save the piss-take for where it's appreciated, your local bar and your group of pals; out in public, with people who don't share your piss culture, it just makes you look like a jerk.

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:20 pm

In light of this thread, it's clear that the middle word of the OP's title is unnecessary.

Postby Espina » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 pm

The "Chk Chk BOOM" girl was about six months ago.

As far as some of the OZ responses to Harry's message: ME THINKEST THOU DOES PROTEST TOO MUCH>>>

Postby eric84 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't comment much on threads that I have no familiarity with. He is quite good at stirring up the exact type of Aussie that is so incredibly annoying.

Ah, ok....well, here's a gem from Scooter that would make an Aussie blush.

Why do I inject race?

Cause what I see is the erosion of an America that was once great. And it's being eroded by the influx of non-European immigrants who want to turn this place into a slum. And they all want my money to support their entitlements.

Why the fuck does an immigrant who has been here 5 minutes get free health care?

I don't want to live in a third world shit hole. And neither do a lot of Americans. No one asked us if we wanted 30 million Mexicans, A-rabs, and Africans in this country.

That's why I interject race into it.

http://www.politicalstew.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79966
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:57 pm

I just reported eric's attempt to feud with me to the mods.

Will he have enough intestinal fortitude to delete his own post?

Why is this guy still a mod? All he's interested in doing is feuding.
Haters wanna hate.

Postby eric84 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Look, a defensive and toucht response, unwilling to be held accountable for your own posts. According to this thread, you really are Australian!
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes