Time for a Mods election?

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Scratty Peasant

Re: Time for a Mods election?

Postby Geece » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 am

soda 3.0 wrote:Right.

It just seems like a strange thing for a poster of limited literacy to pretend to be fun by being completely illiterate. It's like Hitler performing a pantomime of himself in which he acts like a pscyho.

Gerat post. I can't believe how stupid and unDerrideaded he is.

You should humilitate him more with devastate quotes from Big Books and first collapse chest Sambodian in Uzmogria important article. That will teach Bandra to fuck with the Jesus.

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

Bandra -

Perhaps the reason you hide behind such dire troll handles is because you were always so humiliated when you posted as yourself?
Ian's English language error of the week: "That's why it wreaks of desperation"

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:30 am

Summary (v.3):

thread in Talk Politics
soda: tph, you are too mean to me, I am going to ignore you from now on!
toytone: tph is a mod and you can't put him on ignore

thread in Sound Off!, 10 mins later
soda: why can't I ignore a mod who is too mean to me?

mins after that, this is created
soda: I think we need a mod election, nothing personal against all the mods, it's that I have some other fantastic ideas that will improve this forum
polar: this is just an attack thread
mutha: we don't need an election, go ahead and post your suggestions
(15 other posters): no need for election

soda: why aren't you guys smart enough to see that we need new mods to discuss my fantastic ideas?
tph: people already said no to the election proposal, why don't you tell us your ideas anyway?
soda: why are you all oppposed to my wonderful ideas, even before I tell you what they are?

(numerous posters): so tell us your ideas
soda: why are you opposed to having new posters? because of your spamming I am just not going to post them publicly!
Ian: I created a thread in Sound Off to discuss ideas to improve the thread, everyone feel free to post their ideas there

(50 posts later after poster went off topic and start talking about other things)
soad: bardra you are a troll, geece you are a psycho, tph is still too mean, why not get back to discussing my ideas to reduce namecalling and feuding?

meanwhil in the Sound Off thread from Ian
numerous posters discussing ideas to improve the board, rationally and calmly with no namecalling and feuding
no ideas (brilliant or mediocre) from soda posted, yet.....

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 am

Tph -

Do all honest posters make up fake quotes, or is it only you?

It's a quite desperate tactic, really, isn't it?

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 am

TPH is a dishonest and angry little man who misuses his mod status.
Sulten er mit hjertes magre hund

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 pm

well at least Soda has a few friends
Citizen Baba: Have you not learned yet that pretend rescuing women doesn't get you laid anymore than being a pretend Brooklyn hipster does?"

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:Do all honest posters make up fake quotes, or is it only you?

No, some even go as far as making up a mock biography. Do all honest posters do that?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:59 pm

polardude1 wrote:well at least Soda has a few friends

soda, loki, and sandrat, now that is some posse

Stew Ingredient

Postby patrik » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:24 am

TPH and polarDud, now thats some couple.
Sulten er mit hjertes magre hund

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 am

Have you had the election yet?
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby avalon_ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:04 am

Yes! You won, Piel!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:18 am

OARSUM!!11!!
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 am

Piel! wrote:OARSUM!!11!!

MUSRAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EARMUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHIZHUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUMMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUESLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 am

Thanc yew four you're valyooable contreebewshun.

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh, thank god this thread is still on page one. I was afraid I missed the thrilling conclusion of this saga over the weekend. And a perfect summer weekend in the Thousand Islands it was.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

Stew Ingredient

Postby islandboi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 pm

The Thousand Islands is SO lovely... Can hardly wait to get to Ontario and do some exploring.
"Jews may be God's chosen people, but Canadians are God's frozen people..."

Stew Ingredient

Postby q5q » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 pm

so iboy is the new ubermod?
bodhisattva of sweetness, lite, and moist since 2001; dave_of_daves, whisperer_of_catsups

Vince wrote:
I'm never angry except with q5q who is a despicable abortion.

d&c
arbour zena: keith jarrett, charlie haden, jan gabarek, stuttgart rad orc

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

I think he ought to be. He clearly has excellent taste in places to visit.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Collateral Knowledge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Can we substitute islandboi for a current Canadian mod who has done such, er, tenacious work in cultivating feuds with posters over many years but who surely deserves a rest now?
21 minutes of adventure!

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Collateral Knowledge wrote:Can we substitute islandboi for a current Canadian mod who has done such, er, tenacious work in cultivating feuds with posters over many years but who surely deserves a rest now?

Hear hear!

Although in fairness, I wonder of how many of those threads that get yanked/pruned where Eric gets blamed, if he's really responsible for it?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

I think all the mods should be canadians as we have such an excellent reputation is peacekeepers.*

*yes, this was sarcastic.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Poppy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 pm

snowgirl wrote:I think all the mods should be canadians as we have such an excellent reputation is peacekeepers.*

*yes, this was sarcastic.

I almost didn't see the sarcastic. I remember one of my brothers telling me a story of Canadian soldiers sent to Somalia and two 'peacekeepers' brutally beat to death a Somalian youngster. I think there was an attempt at a cover-up too....

Oh well...
I am Poppy, my names is Mahmi. I am a Palestinian living in Israel. We are part of the true Israeli peace camp. My family stayed in 1948 - we live long and prosper.

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:12 am

tph24601 wrote:it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda

And even more fitting that the thread ends with a mod inventing other posters 'quotes' and fighting bitterly against the idea of the site being improved, isn't it?

Anytime you are ready to listen and actually discuss the ideas in good faith, let me know. Personally, I don't think your insecurities can ever allow that to happen.

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh, blow it out your ass.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Oh, blow it out your ass.

Is that Derrida?

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Naw. Carlos Castaneda.

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 pm

soda 3.0 wrote:
tph24601 wrote:it's quite fittiing this thread ends with Piel's usual troll and no "suggestions to improve this site" from soda

And even more fitting that the thread ends with a mod inventing other posters 'quotes' and fighting bitterly against the idea of the site being improved, isn't it?

Anytime you are ready to listen and actually discuss the ideas in good faith, let me know. Personally, I don't think your insecurities can ever allow that to happen.

for the nth time, let's hear your "idea", if you actually have any.....

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Who was it that claimed Eric was the only Mod That Feuds?

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:29 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Who was it that claimed Eric was the only Mod That Feuds?

That was me - I claimed he was the only active mod that feuds. I mentioned Catscanman and Cogito as previous mods who feuded (although their mod'ing tenures were nowhere as long or as prolific as Eric's).

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Ian, how can you be so utterly oblivious to another example on this very page?

And the 'active' adjective is your recent invention, maybe someday you'll be capable of something other than convulsive defence.

Do you want me to name some other feudin' mods, or are you going to give it up?

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 pm

How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

But please enlighten the rest of us as to which active mods engage in continuous feuding.

Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:06 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.
Unlike you, he would man up and admit he might have a little bit of a wild hair up his ass regarding sody, and fit into the Mods that Feud class.
Aren't you going to ask for the others, several others, or will you stick to your demonstrated lie about 'active' mods?.

I gotta call bullshit on tph hounding Soda. I rarely see those two interact and on the limited occasions I do, Soda usually snivels away. However, I can admit that I'm biased against Soda and a few other posters, which means I'm probably not objective enough to be a mod. But let's call a spade a spade here, and quit the Eric = victim whining.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.

I gotta call bullshit on tph hounding Soda. I rarely see those two interact and on the limited occasions I do, Soda usually snivels away. However, I can admit that I'm biased against Soda and a few other posters, which means I'm probably not objective enough to be a mod. But let's call a spade a spade here, and quit the Eric = victim whining.

heh, typical.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:heh, typical.

heh, ironic.

[And for the record, I'm not one of the posters Eric feuds with nor do I consider myself to have a feud with him.]

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 am

thoughtpolice wrote:
Ian_in_DC wrote:How can you consider tph a feuder when he is calling for Soda to "put up or shut up" on his suggestions for improving this dump? Feuding is endemic and systemic - take Eric feuding with a wide variety of posters over a wide array of topics, for example.

Yeah, like tph doesn't seek out and engage soda on every single thread for the last year por more, here and in Sports.

nice try there, so you keep a record of me engaging soda on EVERY thread? good on you

I respond when I see soda makes stupid comments, it's not my fault he tends to make a lot of them
do I dislike him, sure, am I feuding with him? hardly
I make fun of loki or geo every chance I get (like many other people), does that means I am feuding with them?

one good definition of feuding is when someone specifically create a thread or threads to attack another posters, which clearly was the purpose of this thread, I am only responding to soda's passive aggressive attack by asking him to tell all of us us his wnderful " non personal ideas to improve the site"

I wasn't the only one who asked, but so far soda wasn't very forthcoming, I can't imagine why.....

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm

tph24601 wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:

nice try there, so you keep a record of me engaging soda on EVERY thread? good on you

I respond when I see soda makes stupid comments, it's not my fault he tends to make a lot of them
do I dislike him, sure, am I feuding with him? hardly
I make fun of loki or geo every chance I get (like many other people), does that means I am feuding with them?

one good definition of feuding is when someone specifically create a thread or threads to attack another posters, which clearly was the purpose of this thread, I am only responding to soda's passive aggressive attack by asking him to tell all of us us his wnderful " non personal ideas to improve the site"

I wasn't the only one who asked, but so far soda wasn't very forthcoming, I can't imagine why.....

Yeah, sure.

Stew Ingredient

Postby tph24601 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 am

so you insist I am feuding with soda on every one of his thread, even if you can't back it up
I guess by that strange logic you are feuding with me

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:59 pm

as you wish.

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 am

I'm delighted to see that the entire intellectual and humourous might of the Stew has not come up with a single dish as famous as this one for the past twelve months.

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Again--blow it out your ass.

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Again--blow it out your ass.

Annie -

Let's keep this thread rolling - you keep pretending to respond, and I'll keep pretending to respond to your random responses.

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Hold out your tin cup so I can give you a coin.

Stew Ingredient

Postby soda 3.0 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 am

Cool - thanks for playing along.

I'm sure you've always wanted to have one of your own threads make it into Famous Dishes - which, let's face it, for someone like you would be a lofty ambition - why do you think you've failed?

resident rebel

Postby chimes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Winter must be setting in remarkably early in Helsinki this year....

Stew Ingredient

Postby jasminemark » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 am

I think its not a time for the election mods.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Hmm. this thread makes me realize how much I miss TPH's posts.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Stew Ingredient

Postby strife » Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 pm

Exquisite Thread.
I don't want no Commies in my car. No Christians, either.

Stew Ingredient

Postby mad hatter » Tue May 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Looks like a circle jerk of old people no
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

Previous

Return to Famous Dishes