2008 Stewby Award Winners

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

2008 Stewby Award Winners

Postby Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:33 pm

This years Stewby's really captured the best and worst of Political Stew in 2008. What sets the Stewby's apart from most other awards ceremonies is that the Stewby's recognize an excellence in professionalism AND the outright buffonery that makes the Stew what it is today. It takes a dedicated body of work to earn a Stewby.

Some of the awards were hotly contested matches with two or more posters battling it out while other posters won their category in a virtual landslide. And while most recognize the greatness of those posters who were nominated it takes a certain kind of dedication to their craft for a poster to set themselves above the rest.

Without further adieu.....

The 2008 Stewby Award Winners:

--Best Racist: Disco Stu. With 41% of the overall vote Disco Stu proved to be the most devoted and memorable racist of 2008. For his dedicated accomplishments in spewing out the most racist invective of 2008 we honor Disco Stu with this years 2008 Stewby for Best Racist, The Adolph Eichmann Award.

--Creepiest Poster: GeoDaddy. With 37% of the vote GeoDaddy set himself up for the win in this years Creepiest Poster category. With his end of the year December entry of "Fenny's Back" Geo solidified his role as the resident Creepmonger on Political Stew. "Fenny's Back" hit all of the trademarks of a truly creepy post, Asian girl fetish, school girl fetish, and a creepy obsession with women barely out of puberty. Geo hit the mark with "Fenny's Back" and propelled him to his first ever Stewby win for Creepiest Poster. For his dedicated accomplishments in sending a chill up most peoples spines Geo we honor Geo with this years 2008 Stewby for Creepiest Poster: The Ted Bundy Award.

----Biggest Meltdown: Toytone.41% and 29 votes was all that Herr Toytone needed to capture a hotly contested race for Biggest Meltdown. Herr Toytone's completely Chernobyl type meltdown against "Amerigunns" thrust Herr Toytone into the winners seat for this years Biggest Meltdown Award.

--Worst Financial Adviser: pauldeba. It was close, but in the end pauldeba came away the victor in the race for Worst Financial Adviser Award. More posters on Political Stew decided that if they listened to pauldeba's financial advice for 2008 they would probably be living in a cardboard box. For his completely incompetent financial advice in 2008 we are honored to award pauldeba the Jim Kramer Award for Worst Financial Advice.

--Most Likely to Cure Gay Son with Murder: methuseleh.It wasn't even close. In the biggest landslide of this years Stewby's methuseleh was considered the boards biggest homophobe garnering 66% of the vote. Meth took gay-bashing to a whole notha' level in 2008. And for this we award him the Most Likely To Cure Gay Son With Murder Award.

--The Attention Whore: Felix. 36 Stew'ers felt that Felix was the boards biggest attention whore and with 46% of the vote Felix took this category handily. Winner of this years Stewby for Biggest Attention Whore, The Rip Taylor Ward is Felix.

--Best Debater: foolsprogress and Collateral Knowledge. It was a hotly contested match-up from the beginning. With both posters each receiving 27% of the vote fp and CK are both going to have to share the title for Best Debater.

--Cranium Parasite Award: AntiEverything/Felix. It seems that Political Stew felt that in 2008 Tina was firmly entrenched in Felix's dome the most. Having set up permanent residence in Felix's dome Tina surged ahead in the poll winning this Stewby with 30% of the overall vote. Even though this is a shared award it is Felix's second Stewby award win for 2008.

--Mother Stew: bluedoglover. Mother Stew was an award that took off unexpectedly and fostered a lot of debate on the board. However, Bluedoglover won this category with ease. With 36% of the overall vote bdl was considered this years most maternal poster and recipient of the June Cleaver Award.

--Best Chef: section8. It wasn't even close in this one. section8 proved to be the poster who could serve up the most delectable dished in 2008. This years winner of the 2008 Stewby for Best Chef is section8 with 55% of the vote.

--Most Pompous Political Prognosticator: pauldeba. Not only was paul considered to have the worst financial advice in 08', he also garnered the title most pompous political prognosticator. Failing in the market and cramming his political opinions down everyone's throat in a pompous manner, paul really managed to make his presence felt on Political Stew this year. And for this we are honored to award paul with the 2008 Stewby for Most Pompous Political Prognosticator, The Bill O'Reilly Award.

--Biggest Scandal: The Cogito Affair. With posters claiming to have seen her minge, a complete and utter metldown, and claims of stalking...The Cogito Affair proved to be the forums biggest scandal of 2008. With 39% of the vote The Cogito Affair beat out Felix's Faux Stint in Rehab for this years biggest scandal, The Patty Blagoejvich Award.

--Best One Liner: golgo13. In another hotly contested match up golgo13 beat out Annie Oakley for this years doler-outer of best one liners. With just 30% of the vote golgo13 is this years winner of Best One Liner.

--Most Underrated Poster: salmonid. In one of the closet categories of the year salmonid managed to beat out islandboi, mothership, and gabz in a four way horse race for Most Underrated. With 48 votes cast and 19% of the vote salmonid is this years winner of Most Underrated Award.

--Worst Political Predictions: Mali. Mali claimed that Americans were to racist to vote a black guy into the White House and how wrong was he? Winner for this years Worst Political Predictions Award goes to Mali with 38% of the vote.

--Best New Poster: avalon. In a surprise win, in a close match-up, avalon snuck into the winners circle for this years Best New Poster. Having garnered a lot of attention with the Picture Thread avalon increased her presence and beat out a heavily favored northern_goddess.

--Biggest Tinfoil Hat: cultureshock. culture really ran away with it and crushed the competition with 50% of the vote. Proving to be the most paranoid person on the Stew in 2008.

--Most Derisive Nickname: Aussie_Bob/Sausage_Blob. As a "new" poster Bob really made his presence felt in the derisive nickname category. Bob took this category with 36% of the vote.

--Thread of the Year: The Picture Thread. It was warm, it was cuddly, and it really made all of the posters who participated human. Brought to us by this years Best New Poster Award Winner, avalon's Picture Thread proved to be the most memorable thread of the year beating out deathship=btraven with 36% of the vote.

Congrats to all of the 2008 Stewby Award winners.

Loosers.

Belch.
Last edited by pezworld on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stewbys
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Re: 2008 Stewby Award Winners

Postby thoughtpolice » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Quality work, Scooter.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Bravo to the MC Scott Baio for this awards season, the highest rated ever.

This will be a sticky or announcement if I can figure it out.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Bluedoglover » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks Scott and all the Stewbies that voted for me, I'm very honoured!
You are what you is-Frank Zappa

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping him up-Jesse Jackson

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:42 pm

Can you delete the sticky for the Stewbie Award nominations now?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:43 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:Can you delete the sticky for the Stewbie Award nominations now?

I just un-stuck it.

I like that the Announcements go in a special box!
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Thank you....thank you.

I'll be the first to say that I want to thank my recovery and the current recession. Without both of these factors playing a major role in my life I wouldn't have had the time to work as hard as I did on this project.

I'd like to get some of the award winners to give us an acceptance speech.

It would be the cherry on top to this years Stewby's.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:45 pm

pez,

Can you put the nominations category in Famous Dishes for a reference for the 2009 Stewby's?
Haters wanna hate.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:pez,

Can you put the nominations category in Famous Dishes for a reference for the 2009 Stewby's?

Certainly. I'm wondering if we shouldn't move all of them to Famous Dishes.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Collateral Knowledge » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks for arranging it all, Scott. Great work and some very funny commentary. Bravo!

And thanks for letting me partly win, which I partly dedicate to Cowtown.

In any case, awards are like extra-marital sex - it's not the 'winning' that matters, it's the taking part, so well done to everyone who voted or got a vote for anything, or got overlooked, or just narrowed their eyes and refused to get involved - kinda like the UN in a humanitarian crisis. Nice effort.
21 minutes of adventure!

Stew Ingredient

Postby foolsprogress » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 pm

Well done Scott, from beginning to end.
Let me live in a house by the side of the road...

Stew Ingredient

Postby gabz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Scott's commentary deserved an award of it's own.

To all the stewbie winners - mazeltov and viva.

Now we wait for the graceful acceptance speeches
"Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up." - Terry Pratchett

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Most psychedelic Poster: Cowtown

In a landslide… showing you all once again that your drugs are wasted
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Great job, Scott. You certainly did a lot of work. It was fun! Thanks.

Next year I am going to beat you for most votes as the biggest attention whore of 2009... I'm going to have to pick up my game.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby StarFemme » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Indeed, good job Scott. You livened things up!

Nutty Upside Down Cake

Postby janieblack » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Excellent job, scottie and congratulations/"congratulations" to all the winners/"winners"!
Having sex in an elevator is wrong on so many levels

Hamburglar

Postby salmonid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:05 am

Wow, I don't know what to say...

From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to say thank you to the 9 strangers who voted for me as the underated poster of the year. Some people might say that a vote count below 20% is a joke, and in no way should the recipient claim victory. Not me. And to those that might express those sentiments, given that Israel has a similar electoral system, you must be anti-semitic.

The other candidates were equally deserving, except for that Tomska fellow, his promise to indulge in "bukkake" for votes ought to be against the terms of service. The others, were top notch, each and every one of them. I'll especially look forward to reading StarFemme's "What I Had For Lunch" posts in 2009 and figuring out which school bus rider5 drives in his desire to emulate his hero, Edward Abbey.

I'd also like to thank my family who will never, ever, here about this. And Jesus.

Salmonid

Stew Ingredient

Postby RandomThoughts » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:07 am

Really good job Scott... Congrats to the winners...!
Self proclaimed PS wallflower

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:05 am

I'm very proud of us. God bless us, every one. Even SsausageBlob.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Stew Ingredient

Postby Doc » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:27 am

First off, thank you, Scott - it was a great idea and your intros to each category were hilarious.
I'd like to get some of the award winners to give us an acceptance speech.
It would be the cherry on top to this years Stewby's.

I second this idea, and look forward to hearing what the recipients will have to say.
As Aldous Huxley pointed out, "The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human."

Instigator

Postby cuchulainn » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:52 am

I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Secular Sabra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:34 am

I am waiting in anticipation for Disco's acceptance speech .
Poppy is English he was never an Israeli citizen
He is religious Right wing and a member of Kach
Nothing he says is true it's all lies
He hates all Muslims as do all of the religious Right wing
He is not only a liar he is a bigot a facist and a racist.

Stew Ingredient

Postby StarFemme » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:47 am

salmonid wrote: I'll especially look forward to reading StarFemme's "What I Had For Lunch" posts in 2009

I know you will, salmonid. Maybe I'll also add What My Neighbour's Cat Had For Lunch in 2009 just for you.

Stew Ingredient

Postby ial2002 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanks for a great job, Scott.

Stew Ingredient

Postby avalon_ » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Thank you Scotty. You provided us with hours of entertainment.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
--Best New Poster: avalon. In a surprise win, in a close match-up, avalon snuck into the winners circle for this years Best New Poster. Having garnered a lot of attention with the Picture Thread avalon increased her presence and beat out a heavily favored northern_goddess.

Ahem.

With all due respect to the lovely N_G, excuuuuuuuse me but the heavily favored counterpart in this race was ME. Check the votes Mr. Baio.

To each their proper due (even if we were robbed of a Stewby by adding nominees who weren't strictly "new"). :wink:

I'll swipe this place next year!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Bluedoglover » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:22 pm

bequibar wrote:
Scott_Baio wrote:

Ahem.

With all due respect to the lovely N_G, excuuuuuuuse me but the heavily favored counterpart in this race was ME. Check the votes Mr. Baio.

To each their proper due (even if we were robbed of a Stewby by adding nominees who weren't strictly "new"). :wink:

You can't, you won't be new anymore! :?
You are what you is-Frank Zappa

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping him up-Jesse Jackson

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:37 pm

northern_goddess wrote:Great job, Scott. You certainly did a lot of work. It was fun! Thanks.

Next year I am going to beat you for most votes as the biggest attention whore of 2009... I'm going to have to pick up my game.

Yes you will, and you cannot start early enough to get in the running for a prestigious 09 stewby.

You need a serious attention seeking device, and the old 'rehab' and 'cancer' shticks are shopworn.
Perhaps Lou Gehrigs disease?
Double amputation from flesheating disease?
Something longterm and heartrending......

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:55 pm

I tried earlier in the year but I didn't maintain it long enough. I bet no one even remembers all the brain aneurysms I had in early 2008. :(
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby mali » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:43 pm

I would like to thank all my fans for voting for me. I love you all. Right now I am too emotional :cry: but I just know you are all happy to see me back.

Thank you to all you crackers. I feel your love.
baba mezia, Sanhedrin 57a, Deuteronomy 3. Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika - amandla

Stew Ingredient

Postby q5q » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:59 am

*sigh* i never win anything...
bodhisattva of sweetness, lite, and moist since 2001; dave_of_daves, whisperer_of_catsups

Vince wrote:
I'm never angry except with q5q who is a despicable abortion.

d&c
arbour zena: keith jarrett, charlie haden, jan gabarek, stuttgart rad orc

Stew Ingredient

Postby Aalbany » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:07 am

I voted for you q.

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Nice work all. Scottie, you have waaay too much time on your hands, luckily for us. I would like to see a Best Avatar award for 09, if you're looking for new catagories.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Fine work, Scotty, like cleaning the stables of old.
Youu wuz jus' lucky dis time, Golgo....
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Mr_Tonti » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 pm

Geeeeee....did Disco_Stu lose control somewhere?
Mr_T:
The sneaking illegal alien of the Stew.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Cisco » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Harumph!!!

No awards.

I don't think I was even nominated for any.

I'm outta here.

Until maybe tomorrow.

Happy New Year, everyone!

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Best Real Conservative would have been a good category.
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:24 am

salmonid wrote:The other candidates were equally deserving, except for that Tomska fellow, his promise to indulge in "bukkake" for votes ought to be against the terms of service. The others, were top notch, each and every one of them. I'll especially look forward to reading StarFemme's "What I Had For Lunch" posts in 2009 and figuring out which school bus rider5 drives in his desire to emulate his hero, Edward Abbey.

It's tough to get beaten for a coveted stewby by a treehugger from rain soaked gooberville & an admitted Saddamista, but that's what passes for underdog talent here on the fringe called the stew. The rabble has spoken.

I'd flounce but lack the willpower so both tomska & salmonid are foelisted. And everyone who voted for them.

-sore loser

Stew Ingredient

Postby harry_flashman » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 am

Looks like Disco will be not be turning up to collect his award

Pity cos I was looking forward to is acceptance speech
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

Stew Ingredient

Postby charliedog » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:19 pm

A triumph scotty. Your intros were best ever, kept me coming back again and again.
Yes, I do use my hair brush as a microphone and dance around in my underwear

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Bluedoglover wrote:
bequibar wrote:
Scott_Baio wrote:

Ahem.

You can't, you won't be new anymore! :?

As god is my witness, I WILL get a stewby!!

Stew Ingredient
Location: At 24 frames/second it's awfully tedious getting there

Postby Mr&Mrs Clay M Aiken » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 pm

As god is my witness, I WILL get a stewby!!

You certainly nailed one maybe two and it's quite the scandal.

thoughtpolice wrote:and you cannot start early enough to get in the running for a prestigious 09 stewby.

Indeed.
Ça plane pour moi! Indeed.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:26 pm

If I haven't already bagged Attention Whore 2009 and at least two other categories in the likes of "biggest scandal" and "poster most inside someone else's head" I'm calling fraud.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:55 am

bequibar wrote:If I haven't already bagged Attention Whore 2009 and at least two other categories in the likes of "biggest scandal" and "poster most inside someone else's head" I'm calling fraud.

Eye degree, barbique.
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby avalon_ » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Why did Grunell's post get deleted?

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:36 pm

At this rate, Ianus will be sooooooo inside Scooter Skidmark's head that he will be balls deep. I think "we" should get it.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah Ianus...you're in my head. You got me. You win.

I'm doing this in hopes of sparing the forum the slow, painful death of watching a Category 5 Douche-i-cane like you blowing his storm surge all over the forum...again...again...and again.

You win Ianus.

You're in everyone's head...and on every woman's STD check list.

Belch.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby grunnell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 pm

bequibar wrote:
If I haven't already bagged Whore 2009 and at least two other categories in the likes of "biggest scandal" and "poster most inside someone else's head" I'm calling fraud.

eye degree

Stew Ingredient

Postby avalon_ » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 pm

grunnell wrote:
bequibar wrote:
If I haven't already bagged Whore 2009 and at least two other categories in the likes of "biggest scandal" and "poster most inside someone else's head" I'm calling fraud.

eye degree

Sorry I spelled your name wrong! Your first one was funnier.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:31 pm

avalon_ wrote:Sorry I spelled your name wrong! Your first one was funnier.

Degreed. But it was sagged.

Next

Return to Famous Dishes