2008 Stewby Nominations and Categories Thread:

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Jelly_Belly wrote:How about a category for posters who take the internet way too seriously? :P

That actually is a great category. Here are my candidates:

Korgy
Sai Baba
Polardude
Disco Stu
Candy is Dandy
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Scotty - can you make it a rule that these awards can't involve cringeworthy bollocks in the justification?

Listen....if people want to justify their picks there is nothing I can do to stop it. I wanted these awards to be like a cathartic release for the forum. A place where we could acknowledge the good and lambast the bad.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:19 pm

korgy wrote:why on earth do you think i'm humorless from those posts? half the time when i read something others think is humorless, i'm grinning or laughing.
and visa versa.

a whole lot of visa versa.

it is true, however, that stupidity (like jokes about male PMS) just isn't that funny to me.

Can we move Korky to the creepiest poster list?
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

mutha's bitch

Postby nettie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:
Jelly_Belly wrote:How about a category for posters who take the internet way too seriously? :P

That actually is a great category. Here are my candidates:

Korgy
Sai Baba
Polardude
Disco Stu
Candy is Dandy

You can't forget zara on that list.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
Scotty - can you make it a rule that these awards can't involve cringeworthy bollocks in the justification?

Listen....if people want to justify their picks there is nothing I can do to stop it. I wanted these awards to be like a cathartic release for the forum. A place where we could acknowledge the good and lambast the bad.

The cringe factor's through the roof though. I cringed so much I shat.
another scotch wetbrain

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 pm

nettie wrote:You can't forget zara on that list.

Crap - good call. No "Takes the Internet Way Too Seriously" list should ever omit Zara.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:

Crap - good call. No "Takes the Internet Way Too Seriously" list should ever omit Zara.

And cue a long post about how the internet has never been taken too seriously, and that you only think that because back on the Lonely Planet site back in September 2001...
another scotch wetbrain

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

milton wrote:And cue a long post about how the internet has never been taken too seriously, and that you only think that because back on the Lonely Planet site back in September 2001...

Too true... :lol:
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby grunnell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:24 pm

How about a Stewby for the most gratuitously rude and hostile poster who is always looking to provoke a confrontation with another poster, any poster.
But the essential Stewby, similar to Best Actor or Actress or Best Picture at the Oscars, will have to be the highly-coveted Most Dedicated Stalker.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:35 pm

grunnell wrote:How about a Stewby for the most gratuitously rude and hostile poster who is always looking to provoke a confrontation with another poster, any poster.

Well that sounds like fun. And then we could have a polite, calm and intellectual debate about it.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:40 pm

pezworld wrote:
grunnell wrote:How about a Stewby for the most gratuitously rude and hostile poster who is always looking to provoke a confrontation with another poster, any poster.

Well that sounds like fun. And then we could have a polite, calm and intellectual debate about it.

Fuck that and fuck you.

Trustigious

Postby Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Tcop can kiss my fucking ass. Godless bastard.

Stew Ingredient

Postby grunnell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm

shut your festering gob...

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Thick cunts.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:
pezworld wrote:

Fuck that and fuck you.

See? It's looking promising already! :)

Trustigious

Postby Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Shut your dirty whore mouth.

Slapnuts.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:45 pm

pezworld wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
pezworld wrote:

Fuck that and fuck you.

See? It's looking promising already! :)

Look, this is no fun if you refuse to play.
I can find somebody else to insult whenever I want, I hope you realize that.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm

OK, then, fuck off Thoughtpig.

ETA: I always assume you look like Mike Nesmeth(?) in your avatar.

ETAx2 - sorry again, fuck off Monkee.

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:00 pm

We need a poll for the poster that re-uses their jokes

The Play it again Stew award or the broken record

Joey
Ian
Aussie Bob
Pile
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 pm

cowtown wrote:We need a poll for the poster that re-uses their jokes

Joey
Ian
Aussie Bob
Pile

Well, I'd agree with this list. However, we'd definitely have to add you to that esteemed candidates, wonton. Tell us again how you think Zara is evil incarnate. That never gets old.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 pm

cowtown wrote:We need a poll for the poster that re-uses their jokes

Joey
Ian
Aussie Bob
Pile

Eye degree!!1!1!

VAVI CEH!!!1!!
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am

pezworld wrote:OK, then, fuck off Thoughtpig.

Monkee? Nesmith?
Those are my brothers, two were killed last Xmas in a tragic felching incident. Not very sensitive.....

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 am

thoughtpolice wrote:
pezworld wrote:OK, then, fuck off Thoughtpig.

Monkee? Nesmith?
Those are my brothers, two were killed last Xmas in a tragic felching incident. Not very sensitive.....

Take it to WT, beaniehead.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Jelly_Belly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:44 am

I think we need to have the Al Bodine award for all around favorite poster. Any suggestions for the candidates?
One famous poster once said...." I look around the house to see what she doesn't have and then I get her it."

Another famous poster uttered: "I have known non-whites who thought of themselves as expats."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 am

The Richard Allan Bodine Award is for 2008 Thread of the Year.
Haters wanna hate.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 am

Scott_Baio wrote:The Richard Allan Bodine Award is for 2008 Thread of the Year.

So what are the candidates for this prestigious award? I guess we'll have to go skulking around Famous Dishes for some options.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Jelly_Belly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 am

Please add chimes to people who take the internet way too seriously.

And how about our cover boy/girl being Error 500.
One famous poster once said...." I look around the house to see what she doesn't have and then I get her it."

Another famous poster uttered: "I have known non-whites who thought of themselves as expats."

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:42 am

What about "Where have they gone? and who do you miss the most?" Those posters who either flounced or simply disappeared during 2008... and who you most wish would come back.

Dallan
Lost_Soul
BEA
Jono

There must be others. Or was this already done?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Jelly_Belly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 am

I think I should get an honorable mention award for not posting a poll during the polling.

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am

N_G Jono was just here,LS just flounced
Give him time

BEA does drop off the face of the PS map intermittently my guess is he's just too busy to post
I think Dallan is gone forever
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

Stew Ingredient

Postby Jelly_Belly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 am

How about unintended same sex couples? For instance, ever since Felix met joey in Chicago, the two "lawyers"(neither of which has a job lawyering) have been like mutt and jeff on their posts. They have fallen in love with each other after one drunken day/night. Who knows what happened behind the bathroom stall doors.

Stew Ingredient

Postby StarFemme » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:18 am

hahahaha Jelly is totally reaching for material here!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Jelly_Belly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am

Star

The comedy team of joey and felix have come up with, and repeated in the last several months...hey fat fuck...and...hey, you live with your mother. True genius.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:27 am

Am I the only one enjoying the latest round of Jelly vs. Felix/Joey?

Great stuff here.
Haters wanna hate.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:26 am

Jelly's been on a roll tonight.

*snort*

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm

There should be a smug cunt award. Poking these assholes are the single greatest source of entertainment on this board.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Also, best medical advice.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:

:roll:

The irony here is that while I've been thoroughly enjoying the holidays with loved ones, friends and family, y'all have been knee deep in petty bitching, attacks and divisive polls. Sad really. Get out and have some fun instead of obsessing about people online.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:22 pm

zara wrote:
Ian_in_DC wrote:

:roll:

The irony here is that while I've been thoroughly enjoying the holidays with loved ones, friends and family, y'all have been knee deep in petty bitching, attacks and divisive polls. Sad really. Get out and have some fun instead of obsessing about people online.

Thanks for the advice.

Presumably there's no problem in doing any of the above either side of the christmas fortnight, but during that time it becomes the height of idiocy.

Oh, the humanity! Look what we've become!

"I can't look, I'm a monster!"

You must, you must, it's the only way we'll change and grow!

"I'll try, I'll try. God Damn you Zara, for showing us what we're been reduced to. And God LOVE you for doing it before it was too late."
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 pm

judik wrote:korgy- even though I do agree with much of what you post you do come across as humorless

judi, i have absolutely no problem at all that my posts on a politics forum come across as humorless or too serious. if you're happy with being nominated for best Nice Mommy (or whatever it is) on a politics website (while scouring the board elsewhere for sexism), that's great.

i basically agree with zara on this one -- and the idea that some use a politics debate room for a social life kinda seems like going to a filthy dive bar for love.

have fun

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:43 pm

if you're happy with being nominated for best Nice Mommy (or whatever it is) on a politics website (while scouring the board elsewhere for sexism), that's great.
Quote me where I said anything to that effect

BTW fuck off
oops,forgot to put my veneer of niceness on
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:46 pm

veneer indeed.

mutha's bitch

Postby nettie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Yeah, judi. What a loser, being proud of raising children. You should be off talking about important stuff with the men.

You're an asshole, korgy.

the Secret Sauce

Postby section8 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm

She can fetch me a beer too, while she is up.
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 pm

ial2002 wrote:I also suggest "Posters whose personal life has ZERO interest for the rest of us".

Jeez, there are posters who start dozens of threads almost every day with fascinating subjects as "breakfast today", "heating at work", "my ex e-mailed me", "oh my gosh, *that* guy called meeee!", "dinner" etc. over and over again.

This is YC West (or East) now. We got a lot of great posters in the deal.

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Hey ial, what are you having for lunch today?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Holy Shit!

THIS IS WHY I DO STUFF LIKE THIS.

Without fail...you can always reel in a couple fish like zara and korgy.

The real irony is this is coming from a woman who grave shat someone's dad.

milton hits it on the head though. If we were doing this in June would it be considered OK then?

Probably not. Is anyone taking this seriously? I don't think I've seen one person take it seriously. Just passing time before the Christmas break.
Haters wanna hate.

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Never happened, Scott, but as an obsessive tabloid junkie & compulsive liar, I can understand how the truth is not nearly as interesting to you. Similarily, your left-field alcoholism rants... stop projecting your vices onto others - you're the one with the substance & graveshitting abuse. The sooner you realize this, the better success you will have with rehabilitation.

Milton, there's no crime in attacking/defending the content of people's posts and actions here. I just don't find intensive relational aggression and bullying personal attacks to be entertaining, but there are other people and posts to keep me amused.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes