2008 Stewby Nominations and Categories Thread:

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 pm

I guess saying Zara takes the internet too seriously is understating it just a tad....
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:23 pm

:roll:

That's right. Having some integrity and empathy is "taking the internet too seriously". None of our friends laughed either when I mentioned some of the attacks over my miscarriage. So when I see others here subjected to similar cruel taunts and tactics, it doesn't amuse me and I can't understand how others can be so blase or even encourage such BS.

All I can say really, is until you've been kicked, backstabbed & subsequently lied about when you were down at one of the lowest points in your life, you probably will always think that there are people who do take such things "too seriously". Well, good on ya. Enjoy your ignorant bliss and goofaws over other's misfortunes. No doubt you have no regard or respect for people offline as well.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm

All I can say really, is until you've been kicked, backstabbed & subsequently lied about when you were down at one of the lowest points in your life, you probably will always think that there are people who do take such things "too seriously". Well, good on ya. Enjoy your ignorant bliss and goofaws over other's misfortunes. No doubt you have no regard or respect for people offline as well.

zara...like it or not the "tabloid trash" of the stew have always been the most popular topics.

Look at the voting on the polls. Best Racist, Creepiest Poster are the most interesting threads and elicit the most poll responses. I can't help it if people have a hunger for fodder....trash....gossip.

I know you wan to turn this into a sterile political travel board where the posts are tightly moderated.

But it ain't going to happen.

Trash is what people want.
Haters wanna hate.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:44 pm

If anything, the problem round here is that we don't mock enough tragic real-life disaster.
another scotch wetbrain

mutha's bitch

Postby nettie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:I guess saying Zara takes the internet too seriously is understating it just a tad....

There's probably a thread from 2003 saved by someone somewhere that proves that fully 37.8% of the people here take the internet more seriously. Now, if only there were someone around to save threads...

Stew Ingredient

Postby judik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:02 pm

There really needs to be a Stew Historian
that way it will be useless to deny that you made a fool of yourself
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

mutha's bitch

Postby nettie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Everyone makes a fool out of themselves once in a while, except for Felix. No need denying or getting worked up about it.
Last edited by nettie on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:09 pm

nettie wrote:Everyone makes a fool out of themselves once in a while. No need denying or getting worked up about it.

Speak for yourself.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

mutha's bitch

Postby nettie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:20 pm

Don't misquote me. :D

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Right then. Have a merry christmas.

Stew Ingredient

Postby kirrabi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:58 pm

korgy wrote:
judik wrote:korgy- even though I do agree with much of what you post you do come across as humorless

judi, i have absolutely no problem at all that my posts on a politics forum come across as humorless or too serious. if you're happy with being nominated for best Nice Mommy (or whatever it is) on a politics website (while scouring the board elsewhere for sexism), that's great.

i basically agree with zara on this one -- and the idea that some use a politics debate room for a social life kinda seems like going to a filthy dive bar for love.

have fun

You crack me up. Come here, I want to give you a Dutch Rub.
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – A passage from Legends of the Duck

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:41 pm

nettie wrote:Yeah, judi. What a loser, being proud of raising children. You should be off talking about important stuff with the men.

You're an asshole, korgy.

i have absolutely no idea what on earth you're moaning about, but i made no comment at all about raising children. i have no idea whether or not judi has children or not in her real life (just as i have no idea how any of these ludicrous categories have anything at all to do with anyone's real life - mine certainly doesn't). nor is it relevant.

i made a reference to Scottie's characterization of her role as the nice lady / Mommy to Political Stew, and wondered if judi put as much stock in that characterization as she seems to with mine or anyone else's here . i certainly have never viewed her that way. i always saw her (until recently, of course) as a thoughtful, fairly balanced participant with fairly sober views on most issues -- not as a mommy to insane chatroom participants.

but nettie, if you're also happy with that characterization, bravo to you as well.

it's amazing how insane people get here based on what they think someone meant. (and i swear, some people here would defend their perpetrators to their graves).

Modern Leftits

Re: 2008 Stewby Nominations and Categories Thread:

Postby equus » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:59 am

How excitement! I want to see if this post shows up as being posted in 1970
Let no one build walls to divide us
Walls of hatred nor walls of stone
Come greet the dawn and stand beside us
We'll live together or we'll die alone

Stew Ingredient

Postby (X) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:08 am

too long to read but I would almost bet I did not make it
Slap on your butt for good measure!

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:01 pm

I really want most psychedelic poster this year have we had the vote yet ?
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 pm

I really want most psychedelic poster this year have we had the vote yet ?

The Stewby's are over cow.

Voting officially ended at Noon.

Winners will be announced at 1PM Chicago time.
Haters wanna hate.

Previous

Return to Famous Dishes